What's new

What about SCN gives people the "Willies" and/or the "Heebie-Jeebies"?

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Two fascinating words & origins.

The WIllies
The Heebie-Jeebies

What? You were expecting me to leak the definitions? LOL

You don't think I am going to deny you the pleasure of searching where those funky-cool terms came from, do you? LOL. If this thread stays active and anyone can't find where/when those terms originated, I'll be happy to post it.

Alas, let us proceed!

WHAT ABOUT SCIENTOLOGY GAVE YOU
THE WILLIES AND/OR THE HEEBIE-JEEBIES?

The first thing that comes to mind is the manic-fanatic certainty.

Total certainty without any knowledge.

Yeah, that definitely gives me the willies.

The second thing that comes to mind is the casual ease with which Scientologists lie to others and to themselves.

I suppose if one was an American doctor sent on mission deep into the tropical rainforest with a life-saving vaccine, one might lie too.

DOCTOR
I am here great Chief Ozonomono because 90% of your tribe is dying or has
already died from the plague. I have the big purple magic to cure them!

CHIEF OZONOMONO
No! You cannot have the big purple magic. Only the invisible
God Mockdoo of the underground cave has the big purple magic.

DOCTOR
But all your people will die!

CHIEF OZONOMONO
No! I will wait for a signal from the invisible God Mockdoo.

DOCTOR
Um, the invisible God Mockdoo gave me the signal. He
brought a big purple healing cloud over my home for 40 days
and 40 nights and my wife's goat rose from the deal and was healthy.

CHIEF OZONOMONO
Oh, well---okay! That sounds legit, go ahead, you
can give everyone the vaccine, knock yourself out dude.

Now if the "doctor" was a Scientologist, despite their "total certainty", the "vaccine" loaded into each syringe would only be plain water. If they know it's only water they are intentionally lying but doing so for the "Greatest Good".

If they don't know it's only water, they are still lying, either through obscenely deficient due diligence or though creepy cult credulity and the thundering stupidity that results.

.;/

Last edited:

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?
They give you an earful. Giving you the wet willies.

2B28910C00000578-3187308-image-m-72_1438889725997.jpg

Wasn't Heebie Jeebie their spokesman? :)

Last edited:

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
That they will lie, cheat and steal to declare you, then they will pursue you to the ends of the earth to destroy you.
They have no limits nor conscience and have the dollars to get their way because of the stupid son's of bitches that gave them all their money over decades who never noticed that there is no real or lasting case gain to be had in Scientology. The people who are indelibly linked to the scam and its destruction for all of eternity give me serious heebie jeebies.

screamer2

Idiot Bastardson
The terms the "WILLIES" and the "HEEBIE-JEEBIES" are not to be found in the tech dictionary. Are these terminologies WOG terminologies?

What's a clam to do?

HelluvaHoax!

That they will lie, cheat and steal to declare you, then they will pursue you to the ends of the earth to destroy you. They have no limits nor conscience and have the dollars to get their way because of the stupid son's of bitches that gave them all their money over decades who never noticed that there is no real or lasting case gain to be had in Scientology.....
Sounds apocalyptic!

Sounds like the COZ.

Church of Zombieology.

HelluvaHoax!

The terms the "WILLIES" and the "HEEBIE-JEEBIES" are not to be found in the tech dictionary. Are these terminologies WOG terminologies?

What's a clam to do?

Those terms can be found in the Church of Hoaxology's DINKY DB DICTIONARY and/or by using CogTech.

COG: Church of Googleology.

guanoloco

As-Wased
Two fascinating words & origins.

The WIllies
The Heebie-Jeebies

What? You were expecting me to leak the definitions? LOL

You don't think I am going to deny you the pleasure of searching where those funky-cool terms came from, do you? LOL. If this thread stays active and anyone can't find where/when those terms originated, I'll be happy to post it.

Alas, let us proceed!

WHAT ABOUT SCIENTOLOGY GAVE YOU
THE WILLIES AND/OR THE HEEBIE-JEEBIES?

The first thing that comes to mind is the manic-fanatic certainty.

Total certainty without any knowledge.

Yeah, that definitely gives me the willies.

The second thing that comes to mind is the casual ease with which Scientologists lie to others and to themselves.

I suppose if one was an American doctor sent on mission deep into the tropical rainforest with a life-saving vaccine, one might lie too.

DOCTOR
I am here great Chief Ozonomono because 90% of your tribe is dying or has
already died from the plague. I have the big purple magic to cure them!

CHIEF OZONOMONO
No! You cannot have the big purple magic. Only the invisible
God Mockdoo of the underground cave has the big purple magic.

DOCTOR
But all your people will die!

CHIEF OZONOMONO
No! I will wait for a signal from the invisible God Mockdoo.

DOCTOR
Um, the invisible God Mockdoo gave me the signal. He
brought a big purple healing cloud over my home for 40 days
and 40 nights and my wife's goat rose from the deal and was healthy.

CHIEF OZONOMONO
Oh, well---okay! That sounds legit, go ahead, you
can give everyone the vaccine, knock yourself out dude.

Now if the "doctor" was a Scientologist, despite their "total certainty", the "vaccine" loaded into each syringe would only be plain water. If they know it's only water they are intentionally lying but doing so for the "Greatest Good".

If they don't know it's only water, they are still lying, either through obscenely deficient due diligence or though creepy cult credulity and the thundering stupidity that results.

.;/

There's no way they can't know that there's just water in the syringe because...the being knows.

HelluvaHoax!

You can always join my band, The Wowee Zowees.:D
LOL, I think you're on to something there.

When I looked up the ORIGINS for the terms "The Willies" and "The Heebie-Jeebies", I learned something rather interesting. At the time those expressions came into being (early 1920s) the conversational fad of rhyming words had gone viral, even before the term "gone viral" had, um, gone viral. That was back in the day when expressions like "the bees knees" and "mumbo jumbo" came into vogue.

Here's the first known use (1923) of "The Heebie-Jeebies" under a different spelling, in a popular cartoon strip where sad sack gambler Barney Google is always plotting to get his loser horse to win the next race.

hj-1923-10-26.gif

"You dumb ox - why don't you get that stupid look
offa your pan - You gimme the Heeby Jeebys!

- - - - -​

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

poop-noodle-jpg.15021

No really...
WTF IS that?!

Never mind. I used an meter and figured it out.
I assessed CDEINR and it read En
forced Wedgie

HelluvaHoax!

I think it is called Goosed....

:eek:

Edited: Though going so far as to make a sculpture of the act....seems quite odd.

Oh yeah! LOL.

I completely forgot about "GooseTech".

ps: Until I just looked it up, I had no idea at all why it was called "goosing" or what exactly a goos-er's hands were supposed to be doing during the procedure. Seriously. LOL

Leland

Crusader
LOL....no worries Lotus.

It is just something a kid might do to another kid to make him jump in surprise...