What's new

What about SCN gives people the "Willies" and/or the "Heebie-Jeebies"?

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
LOL! One of my dogs does it to people when they bend over (@lotus will know which one!) ... I have to warn people nowadays since one of my friends almost had heart failure (mainly due to hysterical laughter once the initial shock had passed) after she was silly enough to bend over to pick something up and copped a very determined nose jab to her undercarriage!

PS That 'art work/statue' is a worry though!

Last edited:

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?
LOL! One of my dogs does it to people when they bend over (@lotus will know which one!) ... I have to warn people nowadays since one of my friends almost had heart failure (mainly due to hysterical laughter once the initial shock had passed) after she was silly enough to bend over to pick something up and copped a very determined nose jab to her undercarriage!

I had a southern pal who was admiring a pretty woman and said "I'd like to give her a cold nose like a hound dog".

Men are such dawgs! :thumbsup:

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout

I don't know why but some dogs like to do my front end and nose my crotch - even if I had just showered.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
I don't know why but some dogs like to do my front end and nose my crotch - even if I had just showered.
Psychology Today

Canine Corner
Why Do Dogs Like to Sniff Crotches?
It may be impolite behavior, but dogs are just seeking information about you.

Posted Aug 07, 2014

dog canine pet sniff crotch genital sex smell scent pheromone chemical nose

Source: Photo from Creative Commons
Humans are often embarrassed when a dog trots over and starts sniffing at their groin, or pokes its snout in their butt. The dog has no idea that placing its nose in these parts of the human body might be offensive to some people, rather the dog is simply seeking information. The dominant sense for dogs is their sense of smell. Thus for canines reading scents is much like reading a written status report about the target of its sniffing. This is a common way to gather information from other dogs, and in many ways dogs treat humans as if they were similar to canines.
A special kind of sweat gland called apocrine glands produces scents that convey social information. These chemicals are called pheromones. Dogs and most other mammals, have their apocrine sweat glands spread over their entire body with higher concentrations in their genital and anal areas. The pheromone-releasing apocrine cells are even in the hair follicles, so a dog’s fur gets coated with these chemicals and concentrated for easier identification by other dogs. Bacteria begin to act on these secretions almost immediately, modifying and intensifying the smell. Pheromone scents not only identify the sex, age, health and mood of the individual but also carry a lot of sexual information as well, such as where the female is in her estrus (menstrual) cycle, or if she is pregnant or having a false pregnancy
Dogs even have a special scent detection system called Jacobson’s organ or the vomeronasal organ. It is a sort of pancake-shaped pouch of special receptive cells that is located just above the roof of the mouth. It has ducts that open to both the mouth and the nose to allow scent molecules to enter it. The large number of nerves and rich blood supply to this organ tells us that it is important to the dog, which is further verified by the fact that there is a special region in the olfactory bulbs in the dog's brain dedicated to processing the information from this special smell receptor.
In humans the apocrine glands are found only in certain areas of the body, with the highest concentrations in the armpits and groin area so dogs try to sniff these areas for the same reasons that they sniff the genital regions of dogs. As when meeting other dogs, strangers receive the most attention of this sort, especially if there is a tinge of sexual scent. People who have had sexual intercourse recently seem to attract this kind of attention from dogs. Women who are menstruating or who have given birth recently (especially if they are still nursing their child) will also often find dogs impolitely sniffing at their genital region.

So DB, you either are "emanating Strong pherormones scent" or are in your periods or gave birth lately !
Hope this answers!

Last edited:
Reactions: Gib

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!

Let me guess
The male.....

(Who do they report to following such investigation\ Seck check ???)

Last edited:

Gib

Crusader
Psychology Today

Canine Corner

Posted Aug 07, 2014

Humans are often embarrassed when a dog trots over and starts sniffing at their groin, or pokes its snout in their butt. The dog has no idea that placing its nose in these parts of the human body might be offensive to some people, rather the dog is simply seeking information. The dominant sense for dogs is their sense of smell. Thus for canines reading scents is much like reading a written status report about the target of its sniffing. This is a common way to gather information from other dogs, and in many ways dogs treat humans as if they were similar to canines.
A special kind of sweat gland called apocrine glands produces scents that convey social information. These chemicals are called pheromones. Dogs and most other mammals, have their apocrine sweat glands spread over their entire body with higher concentrations in their genital and anal areas. The pheromone-releasing apocrine cells are even in the hair follicles, so a dog’s fur gets coated with these chemicals and concentrated for easier identification by other dogs. Bacteria begin to act on these secretions almost immediately, modifying and intensifying the smell. Pheromone scents not only identify the sex, age, health and mood of the individual but also carry a lot of sexual information as well, such as where the female is in her estrus (menstrual) cycle, or if she is pregnant or having a false pregnancy
Dogs even have a special scent detection system called Jacobson’s organ or the vomeronasal organ. It is a sort of pancake-shaped pouch of special receptive cells that is located just above the roof of the mouth. It has ducts that open to both the mouth and the nose to allow scent molecules to enter it. The large number of nerves and rich blood supply to this organ tells us that it is important to the dog, which is further verified by the fact that there is a special region in the olfactory bulbs in the dog's brain dedicated to processing the information from this special smell receptor.
In humans the apocrine glands are found only in certain areas of the body, with the highest concentrations in the armpits and groin area so dogs try to sniff these areas for the same reasons that they sniff the genital regions of dogs. As when meeting other dogs, strangers receive the most attention of this sort, especially if there is a tinge of sexual scent. People who have had sexual intercourse recently seem to attract this kind of attention from dogs. Women who are menstruating or who have given birth recently (especially if they are still nursing their child) will also often find dogs impolitely sniffing at their genital region.

So DB, you either are "emanating Strong pherormones scent" or are in your periods or gave birth lately !
Hope this answers!
In my neighborhood, and as dog owner and walker, we call it dog email when dogs are sniffing the ground and then peeing, left a new message, I was here too!

screamer2

Idiot Bastardson
Psychology Today

Canine Corner

Posted Aug 07, 2014

Hope this answers!

Well. I mean. That. I. I mean er, um... That clears up a lot of what I was I guess... curious about?
Thank you lotus. :unsure:

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
Psychology Today

Canine Corner

Posted Aug 07, 2014

Hope this answers!
Maybe that's my problem. I'm male but maybe I'm having male periods. I haven't noticed any babies around so it's doubtful I gave birth.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
The blinkless eyes are unsettling then if you start getting into the bizarre cosmology e.g. the gorrilla goals implants on the planet Helatrobus four quadrillion years in the past...

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
The blinkless eyes are unsettling then if you start getting into the bizarre cosmology e.g. the gorrilla goals implants on the planet Helatrobus four quadrillion years in the past...
When i first encountered Scientology's "GORILLA GOALS IMPLANTS" I thought i was going to get The Willies.

But then I got The Gorrilies.