What's new

The different AO's; The different Sea Org posts

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Good question PG

I think I am actually doing the same as most other former SO here do....I comment from an exterior viewpoint the abuses in the SO while not including me...I don't know why we do that...Shame??? Denial??? Traumas???

I still feel the whole sit as if I was an observer....Actually, I just realized it's called dissociation in psychology and it often happens in situations of abuses leading to trauma.

It's only when I saw the FSO Tech people in the RPF that I knew it was a prison camp I shall escape ASAP...
But yes... I was recruited , based on lies to exploit me and other as slaves and yes it belongs to human trafficking activities...as we are trapped far from home in a foreign country, alone, our passeport confiscated, and our very rare coms to family monitored
It's quite similar of sexual slaves human trafficking pattern..same conditions ....

But I doubt other former SO here would admit it...there is something in the brain , a switch that shut off to keep going on...dissociation.

At that time, 30 years +, my family had been warned by a priest that the catholic church knew Scientology was conducting human trafficking and they would never see me again...
I did not believed it at the time...

I hope it answers to the best of my knowledge.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
(Apart from int base..)
I think Flag is one of the worse place
They are quite fast to launch the blow drill...took less than an hour on me...

(May be one compound in OZ is worse...)

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
I've watched an episode of aftermath and Leah tells about their arrival in the Sea Org at Flag...in the 80'0...She tells about the schock upon arrival...

Then they displayed a picture of kids playing in a swimming pool...I guess she landed at the HOC...(Heart of Clearwater) Bagdad motels must be in better shape....

2 sets of washer\dryer for 100-150 people who needs it either at 11 at night or saturday morning...not possible... I was doing the laundry at night for me and my friends because I could go on post a
little later, but still had only 5-6 hours of sleep!

Last edited:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
2 sets of washer\dryer for 100-150 people who needs it either at 11 at night or saturday morning...not possible... I was doing the laundry at night for me and my friends because I could go on post a
little later, but still had only 5-6 hours of sleep!
I was in the HOC. Ten guys to one motel room, in triple-decker bunk beds. I would generally get up in the middle of the night to do my laundry, as that's the only time the washer was free.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
They are quite fast to launch the blow drill...took less than an hour on me...

(May be one compound in OZ is worse...)
They did the blow drill for me, but I was already gone when they started. I was in a high-security post, so I knew they would do one. I prepared the day before, going back to the HOC during meal break, picking up a big duffel bag on the way.

The following day, I again went back to the HOC during meal time, grabbed my stuff, and got a cab to the airport. I had study time after meal, and would often skip study when I had post issues, so the sup was used to my being missing. By the time I was supposed to be back on post, I was already on the plane.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think a good way to look at the Sea Org is like joining an S&M club where you sign a bunch of waivers, bonds, NDAs and other agreements that allow them to do what they are going to do to you and what you are going to do to other members. You write up lots of wins and attestations and take lie detector tests that say how anything that’s wrong is your fault and everything the club does is legal and great. Maybe they didn’t tell you everything when you started but with every new level you write up new wins and sign new agreements and waivers. You sometimes, albeit rarely, take time off and still return even though you don’t have to. You are told that there is a safe word or phrase if things get too rough but when you complain they think that's just part of the role play and you are really asking for more S&M. You signed something that said they are not responsible for not hearing or understanding the safe word.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
@Enthetan

So, do you consider that you were a victim of Human trafficking in the church of Scientology?

How would you reply to this ???
The US Dept of Homeland security defines "human trafficking" as
"Human trafficking is modern-day slavery and involves the use of force, fraud, or coercion to obtain some type of labor or commercial sex act."

Were you allowed to leave? Did you have a choice in whether to stay and work? Were you therefore made to labor under conditions of "force, fraud, or coercion"?

Under the legal definition, the answer is yes.

I did the exact same plan you did for my escape...
Unfortunately, my flight had been cancelled because of mechanical problems...
I got myself a book and spent the time before my flight in a bathroom stall, in order to minimize the odds of being spotted. And my flight was not delayed.

But, still, one other factor was that I had had enough. I was done. I was sufficiently done that I had bought a knife, and had decided ahead of time that if somebody showed up to try to force me into going back, he was going to get cut.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Big blue,

20- 30-40 years ago, before the internet era there was no way to know what was going on in the SO..we believed what was said to us because de were naïve, young, idealist, and we thought we were on a mission to save the world

All the wavers we signed were only to protect the church from plants and suppression ... we were told...and we believed it...

Although, when we realized what sort of slave labour compound it was..I agree there is a sort of agreement to be abused that automatically sets in very soon...even though there are mind conditioning to make this happens...we knew it was wrong.

There is no one simple answer to explain our behavior in accepting it, tolerate it and then become enforcers...especially when there are ways to escape...

Upon reading some former SO here I realized some still retain a sort of pride of having held a post (especially tech posts) in a SO compound..this is something I don't understand..the plain truth being we were slaves running and abusing other slaves...till they fall into total obedience and became lost souls..no pride in this!

2nd gen Scientogists raised in the SO are another category...as the didn't have a clue what was the normal world, a safe place, family bonds, respect, true love, a normal life, enjoying, but despite this, some of them are the one who did the best with their life when they escaped...

May be the soul naturally knows...

Last edited:

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Big blue,

20- 30-40 years ago, before the internet era there was no way to know what was going on in the SO..we believed what was said to us because de were naïve, young, idealist, and we thought we were on a mission to save the world

All the wavers we signed were only to protect the church from plants and suppression ... we were told...and we believed it...

Although, when we realized what sort of slave labour compound it was..I agree there is a sort of agreement to be abused that automatically sets in very soon...even though there are mind conditioning to make this happens...we know it was wrong.

There is no one simple answer to explain our behavior in accepting it, tolerate it and then become enforcers...especially when there are ways to escape...

Upon reading some former SO here I realized some still retain a sort of pride of having held a post (especially tech posts) in a SO compound..this is something I don't understand..the plain truth being we were slaves running and abusing other slaves...till they fall into total obedience and became lost souls..no pride in this!

2nd gen Scientogists raised in the SO are another category...as the didn't have a clue what was the normal world, a safe place, family bonds, respect, true love, a normal life, enjoying, but despite this, some of them are the one who did the best with their life when they escaped...

May be the soul naturally knows...
Very well said. You reached that point of resolute determination.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

There is one simple answer for me. . .

Scientology promises "FREEDOM FROM OVERWHELM" (ability attained on OT III) and then promptly takes away all your freedoms so you become totally overwhelmed. Because. . .

It's Scientology. When you go to report being raped, the ETHICS OFFICER is your rapist.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Exactly! Per standard admin tech. . .

"THE CORRECT WHY FOR ANY NON-OPTIMUM CONDITION IS ALWAYS
LOWER ON THE COMMAND CHANNEL THAN THE UPSTAT WHO
DISCOVERED THE SITUATION AND IS TAKING
TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR IT"

Ahhhhhhh, the answer to the Koan. Is anyone really ever taking responsibility in Scientology?

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!

Scientology promises "FREEDOM FROM OVERWHELM" (ability attained on OT III) and then promptly takes away all your freedoms so you become totally overwhelmed. Because. . .

It's Scientology. When you go to report being raped, the ETHICS OFFICER is your rapist.
I think that "making people totally overwhelmed" is a good explanation; Any reader can check this fact upon spotting symptoms:
- huge level of stress
- constant worries about unhandled situations
- can't meet basic bills to pay ( rent, electricity, food, transportation, kids School expenses, clothes, dental care...)
- can"t get sufficient sleeping hours neither distraction times to enjoy​
- can't accomplish parental role appropriately
- is overwhelmed with lots or krs
- is overwhelmed with constant ethics cycles
- is overwhelmed with constant e-meyeted actions
- feel exhausted
- can't see the ending...

Last edited:

I seem to remember that 'freedom from overwhelm' eventually became my number one survival goal!

Karakorum

supressively reasonable
An intetesting thing to observe though and that is very telling of the mental sanity of people is when they do the white glove inspection on saturday morning...they pass the white glove on the furnitures, sink, floor to ensure there is no dust and that everthing is super clean...exactly like in the army...but they don't take notice of the amount of roaches, the mould contaminated carpet, the leaking plumbing, the matresses full of pee rings, etc, etc. etc...
Word! Hear, hear!

Moulding carpets, broken tiles, plaster falling from the ceiling on your head, into your coffee mug, into your soup... all in a day's work at PAC.

Also peeling wallpaper infected with that white fungus. I was in the AB as a kid... The AB was easily the greatest dumpster I ever lived in and I lived in all sorts of place before and after.

Anyone here who was also living in the AB?

- is overwhelmed with lots or krs
- is overwhelmed with constant ethics cycles
- is overwhelmed with constant e-meyeted actions
That describes perfectly the modus operandi of the ethics guys at ASHO in the mid 2000s. They would initiate action on every little piece of crap kr they could find. It was as if they wanted to punish themselves with extra work just to annoy people. I ended up having to topdown decommit their cases and in the end I even had a process change enacted to curb down this sort of insanity.

I've seen overeager EOs and pointless cases. I'm not gonna give any names. However none of them were able to beat ASHOD.

Last edited: