What's new

Lermanet

Status
Not open for further replies.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
I haven't really read this thread very carefully, but I think the jist of it is OSA paid Arnie's wife Ginger for lermanet dot com and closed it down. Since it seems to have been preserved (on the wayback machine among other places) wasn't it a bit of a waste of money?

To be honest, I haven't any interest in his writings. His e-meter ideas were ridiculous when he was posting them here and they didn't suddenly get better after he died. I saved the site in case anyone wanted it -- I haven't done more than glance at the front page.

I'm going to remove that uploaded zip file within 8 hours ....

Paul
Where is that file please?

JustSheila

Crusader
@JustSheila

You and I , Sheila, and many of us know the cult vicious , pervert, cruel pressure they would have put on her, especially as a woman who was shot in the face, few hours later, faced her husband suicide and over the psychological trauma, had part of her face destroyed...left without family support (disconnection) without money to ensure psychological help for traumas and surgery...+ the ostracization of her of being accused of having been an OSA plant....

Frankly I doubt she was, within the last year, self inspecting her set of values and virtues...
Having myself suffered, and stll am, from severe ptsd...but being lucky to get some support, I can assure she is only trying to survive and probably to reconnect with her mom to find meaning in her life...it's a survival instinct when suffering is unbearable...

She is nothing of value to the cult after she surrendered and turned over Arnie's site and won't be paid for that...may be only allowed to have a connection with her old mom...

Thus...till I am shot in the face by my husband before he takes his life...I won't allow myself to condemn or judge her...
Because I think I would have collapse and surrender....after a year of OSA ops on me....even though I am known for my integrity and loyalty; I either would try to survive or end up the suffering....
Yes, Ginger has/had severe PTSD. She was (understandably) frightened, edgy, and had trouble sleeping. She also had medical problems and was in physical pain. Professional counseling was available to her through some government programs, but I don't believe she used it, though she did make use of a program that paid for her reconstructive surgery (some of us helped her fill out the forms and things for that). I don't think Ginger was ever completely over the "all psychiatry is bad" mindset that Scientology teaches, but she also lived kind of in the middle of nowhere. Excessive traveling was physically problematic for her so it would have been hard for her to see a decent psychiatrist on a regular basis even if she had the desire to do that. She needed to move but her PTSD made her too afraid to do so. It is/was a terrible situation.
https://www.healthline.com/health/mental-health/lessons-partner-with-ptsd#7

As you said, she was (and is) trying to survive however she can. I truly hope she finds some peace and I'm glad the information from Arnie's site has been saved elsewhere.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
His e-meter ideas were ridiculous when he was posting them here and they didn't suddenly get better after he died.
The best way I can explain the gist of his "emeter ideas" to the electrically challenged is that when a non-grounded human biomass is trickle-charged by an electrical current containing live amperage (which is to say amperage is the electronic bite, of the current flow called voltage) the pc's electrical field builds and becomes overwhelmed until one is half giddy after a 2.5 hour session.
If the human biomass were to be grounded through bare feet in the dirt, their electrical field wouldn't hyper charge but would dissipate through their feet but that would defeat Scientology's purpose in trickle-charging their clients.
That's why all house wiring uses a ground wire.
There's more to it such as the removal and redepositing of metallic ions from the soup cans into one's physical form as one does in chrome plating and jewelry making but that's all you need to know to comprehend the basics. I have that equipment for my jewlry making hobby and it works just like an emeter does, only with an even stronger current, again ungrounded.
Arnie didn't seem to be able to bridge the gap between his advanced knowledge of electronics and the common Joe.
He over explained it with redundant copy/paste electrical terminology that just left most people more confused than they were to begin with.
Especially Scientologists who bought in to the "study tech" of needing to understand each and every word, forwards and backwards before one could move on for fear of "going aneten".
Arnie just drove these people aneten with his complex explanations of a simple phenomenon.
It never apparently occurred to him to distill his explanation down to what could be easily understood as he had a tendency to over explain into unnecessary realms of complexity, kind of like MB, until one tunes them out entirely in order to go into self preservation mode due to the assault on ones senses.

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
The best way I can explain the gist of his "emeter ideas" to the electrically challenged is that when a non-grounded human biomass is trickle-charged by an electrical current containing live amperage (which is to say amperage is the electronic bite, of the current flow called voltage) the pc's electrical field builds and becomes overwhelmed until one is half giddy after a 2.5 hour session.
My argument in regard to this was, and is, that I have had many sessions:

• on the meter to a good result
  • on the meter to a bad result
  • off the meter to a good result
  • off the meter to a bad result

Conclusion: The meter is not the main determining factor in session results.

"Good/bad result" is obviously subjective. But I am just refuting the idea that the *only* reason one can feel good through Scn auditing is because of the meter's electrical current.

Paul

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
My argument in regard to this was, and is, that I have had many sessions:

• on the meter to a good result
  • on the meter to a bad result
  • off the meter to a good result
  • off the meter to a bad result

Conclusion: The meter is not the main determining factor in session results.

"Good/bad result" is obviously subjective. But I am just refuting the idea that the *only* reason one can feel good through Scn auditing is because of the meter's electrical current.

Paul
Yes, but his point was that the electronic trickle charging coupled with the deposits of metallic ions left a person with long term deleterious effects that would long be felt out of session, augmenting the hypnotic effects of Scientology's assault on our senses.
I had my best sessions off the emeter as a matter of fact, starting from Self Analysis.
But hanging out around the org resulted in my being on the cans half the day in the academy and resulted in a wildly floating TA that even a metered session couldn't knock down when I did my grades.
So they slapped a Natural Clear designation on me so as to get me on my way to do my OT levels.
But I had transfered my OT levels package monies to pay for the intensives necessary to do my grades so I never got out there, thank Gawd.
Perhaps that's partly why "half the gains" are in training, partly because you are on the cans much of the day.
Didn't much matter to me whether I was reading the commands or being run on them, it had the same effect either way.
I had my cogs first occur when I read the commands prior to being run on them.
Perhaps there's an "auto run mode" that one can get into where to read it is to run on it.

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Yes, but his point was that the electronic trickle charging coupled with the deposits of metallic ions left a person with long term deleterious effects that would long be felt out of session, augmenting the hypnotic effects of Scientology's assault on our senses.
Are you sure? That's an unprovable/unfalsifiable hypothesis, effectively useless. I wouldn't have used my refutation with Arnie if that's what he was saying, but I can't be bothered to dig up the relevant threads here.

Paul

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
Are you sure? That's an unprovable/unfalsifiable hypothesis, effectively useless. I wouldn't have used my refutation with Arnie if that's what he was saying, but I can't be bothered to dig up the relevant threads here.

Paul
The ionic transfer of metallic ions through electrolysis was first discovered in the 1930's and 1950's in Germany and the U.S.
Archaeologists have long been marveling at the chromium (chrome) coating on ancient Chinese swords and spears that they've unearthed many hundreds of years later from chemical plating 2 thousand years ago.
It's just common science and has long been proven and is not falsifiable as you can see it.
I'm sure you remember chrome bumpers.
They are created by flowing a current through a chromium solution and onto whatever is conductive enough to allow for the transfer, in bumpers it's the sheet steel after it's been pressed into shape.
When I re-layer gold or silver onto a ring, I plug in the current device, run the current through the solution and onto the ring and voila, it's got a new precious metal coating and looks like new.
In an auditing session the metallic ions from the positive charged can will attempt to transfer to the negative charge can, through your body's conductivity. It never makes it all the way there.
Someone with a working emeter could try using it in an electroplating experiment as shown below to see how well it does the job. I lost my cables.
"Chromate oxidization is an advanced technique and there are only two ways to achieve it: chemical chrome plating and chromium electroplating. The latter was development during the twentieth century; Germany and the U.S. both claimed patent rights to the process in 1937 and 1950, respectively."
http://www.china.org.cn/english/culture/123047.htm

Last edited:
I had my best sessions off the emeter as a matter of fact, starting from Self Analysis.
But hanging out around the org resulted in my being on the cans half the day in the academy and resulted in a wildly floating TA that even a metered session couldn't knock down when I did my grades.
So they slapped a Natural Clear designation on me so as to get me on my way to do my OT levels.
But I had transfered my OT levels package monies to pay for the intensives necessary to do my grades so I never got out there, thank Gawd.
Perhaps that's partly why "half the gains" are in training, partly because you are on the cans much of the day.
Didn't much matter to me whether I was reading the commands or being run on them, it had the same effect either way.
I had my cogs first occur when I read the commands prior to being run on them.
Perhaps there's an "auto run mode" that one can get into where to read it is to run on it.
Interesting...i glanced over an article by him and if I remember right he mentioned it could cause calcium build up in the cell? This was interesting to me as plaque is calcium build up. What metal ions do you refer to and how do they deposit from where the cans?

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
Interesting...i glanced over an article by him and if I remember right he mentioned it could cause calcium build up in the cell? This was interesting to me as plaque is calcium build up. What metal ions do you refer to and how do they deposit from where the cans?
Unfortunately I don't remember what metals are used to coat a soup can, Arnie did have that information however.
That is a prime example of why I miss the convenience of his site.
Just remember how quickly the plating went off the cans...
Did it simply vanish?
Or did it redeposit in the pc's body?
I remember I had a device, still have it somewhere in theory but my ex wife enjoyed throwing my stuff out to make room for her stuff, and the electronic device, at least in theory, would allow you to put your feet in a small tub of water, run the reverse electrolysis or whatever process it's called, and you'd watch the water turn black as the crud was removed from your body. Supposedly, though the water purity is a significant factor

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
It's just common science and has long been proven and is not falsifiable as you can see it.
I'm sure you remember chrome bumpers.
I was referring to "left a person with long term deleterious effects that would long be felt out of session, augmenting the hypnotic effects of Scientology's assault on our senses", not challenging electroplating of metals.

Paul

AD1950

Patron
Thanks Rose, from there I found: ArnieLerma
I'm also wondering about the "red flag event" claim there, that there were 4 suicides in GS's family (including 2 of her ex-husbands).

A "go fund me" effort for "eldercare" on behalf of Barbara Ayash was launched in January 2014, and she reportedly died in 2017.
No follow-up information appears regarding her death or condition of her estate.

Beyond that, does anyone have substantiation for the claim at that link?

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
I'm also wondering about the "red flag event" claim there, that there were 4 suicides in GS's family (including 2 of her ex-husbands).

A "go fund me" effort for "eldercare" on behalf of Barbara Ayash was launched in January 2014, and she reportedly died in 2017.
No follow-up information appears regarding her death or condition of her estate.

Beyond that, does anyone have substantiation for the claim at that link?
Your first question about the suicides, 2 being ex husbands purportedly, I'm equally baffled by. Kind of a torturous rumor if it's untrue. Hopefully someone can shed some light on it.

JustSheila

Crusader
Interesting concept that calcium would build up within cells. I always thought of excess calcium deposits when it is expelled by the cells into the bloodstream and builds up in tissues and other places (kidney stones, joints, arterial plaque, etc. https://www.healthline.com/health/calcification#types ). Arterial plaque is partially calcium, but not dental plaque, btw.)

What I didn't know is that when excess calcium ions enter the cells, there is a chemical reaction that causes high blood pressure. http://163.178.103.176/CasosBerne/1aFCelular/Caso2-2/HTMLC/CasosB2/Canal/C2.html

Thanks. Good thing to know.

Good article on calicification here:

https://www.healthline.com/health/calcification#causes

tesseract

Patron with Horrors
Unfortunately I don't remember what metals are used to coat a soup can, Arnie did have that information however.

I don't know if that applies to all cans but I think your answer is tin. You can see that by the large crystals.

Wikipedia said:
Another large application for tin is corrosion-resistant tin plating of steel. Because of the low toxicity of inorganic tin, tin-plated steel is widely used for food packaging as tin cans.

Wikipedia article on tin

However, the modern e-meter cans look much more like stainless steel to me. And possibly they said so in the ads too, please look for yourself, perhaps at Mike Rinder's blog, as he often uses scientology promo. And they are certainly CNC produced, judging from their cylindrical "shimer". Stainless steel contains a certain amount of chrome, but is usually not plated with other metals...

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
I don't know if that applies to all cans but I think your answer is tin. You can see that by the large crystals.

However, the modern e-meter cans look much more like stainless steel to me. And possibly they said so in the ads too, please look for yourself, perhaps at Mike Rinder's blog, as he often uses scientology promo. And they are certainly CNC produced, judging from their cylindrical "shimer". Stainless steel contains a certain amount of chrome, but is usually not plated with other metals...
Yeah, I know the old cans were primarily tin coated but I'm not sure if there is a formulary blend of metals involved so as to stop the tendency to rust or what, like chromium added possibly. Of course there will be those who still practice "Hubbard's tech" to varying degrees as practicing clams who will not be able to accept the science of an electrical current transport of metallic ions into and onto biological systems no matter the proof as they find it an inconvenient truth and upsetting, enough so that they became seething Lerma haters the more he had to say about emeter dangers. The salts, minerals and acidic ph necessary to facilitate ionic transfer in the laboratory are all contained within the human body.

Last edited:

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
The old cans were usually grocery-store vegetable cans.
I remember preferring Chef Boyardee pizza sauce cans because they had smaller (more comfortable) diameter.

Back then, I had always thought that they were stainless steel and not tin. Maybe I was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.