What's new

Hello there!

NonServiam

Patron
I’m not a Scientologist and after read your experiences I’m not planning to join the ”church”.

I’ve found this forum after being interviewed by somebody in the street and invited to do a free test -which I rejected- and watch an old LRH interview in little cinema -no popcorn offered-.

After that, a nice girl explained the meaning to be “clear” and something called “purification rundown” = sauna & vitamines for almost 2000 pounds..., I asked about massages for that price but apparently she didn’t get the silly joke.

At the end, she offered a free audition session...., I’m really curious but after reading all your horrible experiences I don’t want to tempt the devil.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I’m not a Scientologist and after read your experiences I’m not planning to join the ”church”.

I’ve found this forum after being interviewed by somebody in the street and invited to do a free test -which I rejected- and watch an old LRH interview in little cinema -no popcorn offered-.

After that, a nice girl explained the meaning to be “clear” and something called “purification rundown” = sauna & vitamines for almost 2000 pounds..., I asked about massages for that price but apparently she didn’t get the silly joke.

At the end, she offered a free audition session...., I’m really curious but after reading all your horrible experiences I don’t want to tempt the devil.
Hey NonServiam,

:welcome2:

I was offered that free test as well, back in 1979. And ended up staying in for 10 years. :duh:

If you bought anything at all, like a book, and they got your real address, you'll probably get mail from them for the rest of your life. :D

NonServiam

Patron
Hey NonServiam,

:welcome2:

I was offered that free test as well, back in 1979. And ended up staying in for 10 years. :duh:

If you bought anything at all, like a book, and they got your real address, you'll probably get mail from them for the rest of your life. :D

Well, she asked my full name and details but I only mentioned my e-mail.

I’m curious about a “free audtation session”. Did you do the detox process? What is exactly?

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Well, she asked my full name and details but I only mentioned my e-mail.

I’m curious about a “free audtation session”. Did you do the detox process? What is exactly?
The detox is called the Purification Rundown. It involves up to 5 hours a day in the sauna and swallowing handfuls of vitamins.

It's not based upon any science and some people have been seriously damaged by taking massive amounts of niacin.

Although Hubbard and his "church" claim that Dianetics and Scientology are based on cience, it's an absolute fraudulent claim. Although I do suspect he developed a valid science of how to extract money and slave labor out of unwitting victims.

NonServiam

Patron
The detox is called the Purification Rundown. It involves up to 5 hours a day in the sauna and swallowing handfuls of vitamins.

It's not based upon any science and some people have been seriously damaged by taking massive amounts of niacin.

Although Hubbard and his "church" claim that Dianetics and Scientology are based on cience, it's an absolute fraudulent claim. Although I do suspect he developed a valid science of how to extract money and slave labor out of unwitting victims.

To do that without any medical control should be illegal. Could be possible to do it and pass de ‘test’ without taking the pills?

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
To do that without any medical control should be illegal. Could be possible to do it and pass de ‘test’ without taking the pills?
Actually if you are going to do Hubbard's "purification rundown" without the vitamins, here's an economical way to do it.

1. Go to Walmart
2. Purchase a rubber sweat suit (the original way the purification rundown was done).
3. Save money/time driving to and back from the org for several weeks.
4. Save 6 hours a day (5 in the sauna and 1 hour being asked for more "donations")
5. Go outside of your home and run around until you sweat a lot.

GOLD'S GYM PERFORMANCE SAUNA SUIT
Cost: $ 9.00
LINK

2428f33d-7c11-4cb4-85c0-95cabfd84e49_1.d00152e585b2cdd0f1072bc870eaa69f.jpeg

6. Considering the month of work you will lose and the transportation cost, you will end up saving MORE THAN the 2000 pounds ($ 2,500) they want you to pay.

7. OTHER PERIPHERAL SAVINGS: Your life. You will save your life because if you allow Scientologists into your life they will take control of it like the avaricious parasites they are. But they will do this with a grin and never stop explaining to you how much they are "helping" you to "secure your eternity".

8. If you feel compelled to play around with a debunked and very dangerous cult, come back in a few years to this thread and post your huge win of how you finally managed to escape.

Last edited:

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
Check out some of the discussions we've had on this forum about the Purification Rundown and the state of "Clear". They're both bogus and will cost you all of the money you've got plus everything you can borrow. Whn you can't possibly get any more money you will be required to join staff as a "volunteer" which means you'll be working for "slave wages" (assuming you get any wages at all).

Curious? Find out the truth on this forum.

Karakorum

supressively reasonable
Yeah its not worth it. Plus they will prolly need your personal details, put your name and surname at the "course X completed" list and then claim you are a member and then you will end up a statistic in their "OMFG we have 100 million members now" prop scheme.

Even being added for free as a "stat" to CoS helps them fight the bad fight. I'd advise against it.

If you are really interested in auditing or want to try it "for the lolz", then try anyone else except the official church. Find some independents in your area or Ron's org. They may be a bit zany, but they are far, far less toxic and dangerous than CoS.

NonServiam

Patron
Dear friends,

You are absolutely right. I have been reading a lot of your experiences and are more than a nightmare.

As I mentioned yesterday, I only gave the email —a Mickey Mouse email, thanks God- and this morning the girl has sent me a message with a link asking me to buy as soon as possible a book called “Scientology a New Slant of Life”. She says that after watching the documentary it’s very important to read it.... I’m not going to buy it but It’s incredible to see how agresive they are trying to sell.

Just a detail..., she has sent the email at 5:30 Saturday!! This people work 24/7!

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Just a detail..., she has sent the email at 5:30 Saturday!! This people work 24/7!
I sometimes tell people that I worked 100-hour weeks for 23 years straight (I did). But compared to many I had it easy. At least, most of the time I got enough sleep, so it wasn't so bad. I'm not complaining: I got in as an adult and could have left at any time, more or less.

Paul

screamer2

Idiot Bastardson
Dear friends,

You are absolutely right. I have been reading a lot of your experiences and are more than a nightmare.

As I mentioned yesterday, I only gave the email —a Mickey Mouse email, thanks God- and this morning the girl has sent me a message with a link asking me to buy as soon as possible a book called “Scientology a New Slant of Life”. She says that after watching the documentary it’s very important to read it.... I’m not going to buy it but It’s incredible to see how agresive they are trying to sell.

Bullshit. They work far more than 24/7

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron

NonServiam

Patron
I’ve answered her yesterday saying that I’m not interested in buying books, free sessions, etc.. I sent her a very kind email.

Well, guys, it’s SUNDAY (!) and I have three emails asking for a phone call conversation. She says that my decision could be due a “communication problem” and she wants to be sure talking with me directly. Is this real????

I only watched a vintage interview and talk and she is -in a very subtle way- trying to blame and involve me in a non-existent problem- for God sake!

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Look on it the same way as engaging with an internet troll. Anything you say is taken by them as a "reach", meaning you really are interested in giving them money and doing services. Even if you tell them to please stop bothering you.

I'm not kidding.

Don't feed the trolls.

Paul

Last edited:

NonServiam

Patron
Look on it the same way as engaging with an internet troll. Anything you say is taken by them as a "reach", meaning you really are interested in giving them money and doing services. Even if you tell them to please stop bothering you.

I'm not kidding. I'll see if I can dig up the policy for you.

Don't feed the trolls.

Paul

You are confirming my conclusion: SILENCE.

She wants my phone number to call me and continue this theatre. But what I find more vicious is all this bullshit of a “communication problem”..., the have it, they don’t understand “no, thanks”.

Karakorum

supressively reasonable
I’ve answered her yesterday saying that I’m not interested in buying books, free sessions, etc.. I sent her a very kind email.

Well, guys, it’s SUNDAY (!) and I have three emails asking for a phone call conversation. She says that my decision could be due a “communication problem” and she wants to be sure talking with me directly. Is this real????

I only watched a vintage interview and talk and she is -in a very subtle way- trying to blame and involve me in a non-existent problem- for God sake!
In for a penny, in for a life. ;)

If you feel like having a laugh or just investigating how they operate, agree to a talk in some neutral place (cafe or something, just not anything inside of of their buildings). Then ask her straightforward questions and make sure she actually answers them.

My suggestions for questions:

1. Ask about diabetes within CoS and how they handle it.
2. Ask about any or all of the following people: Quentin Strub, Susan Devlin, Marty Rathbun, Kevin Wilson, William "Bill" Kilpatrick, Peter Jelinski-Brown, Alicia Fuller. I'd be SUPER interested in what she says.
3. Ask about KR. I suggest checking this thread first: http://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/stories-about-stupid-krs.18714/page-8
4. Auditing past an ARC break. Ask this one last as it is a trick question and she would realize you know far more about CoS practices than a newbie would.

Last edited:

NonServiam

Patron
In for a penny, in for a life. ;)

If you feel like having a laugh or just investigating how they operate, agree to a talk in some neutral place (cafe or something, just not anything inside of of their buildings). Then ask her straightforward questions and make sure she actually answers them.

My suggestions for questions:

1. Ask about diabetes within CoS and how they handle it.
2. Ask about any or all of the following people: Quentin Strub, Susan Devlin, Marty Rathbun, Kevin Wilson, William "Bill" Kilpatrick, Peter Jelinski-Brown, Alicia Fuller. I'd be SUPER interested in what she says.
3. Ask about KR. I suggest checking this thread first: http://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/stories-about-stupid-krs.18714/page-8
4. Auditing past an ARC break. Ask this one last as it is a trick question and she would realize you know far more about CoS practices than a newbie would.

I don’t think is worth to go deeper with this people, even in a cafe or a neutral place. I hate sticky people in general.

I don’t have enough knowledge to ask all that and she would catch me in 1 minute. ARC break, KR, I have no idea about the exact meaning.

I am really grateful to this forum and you all for your help. I feel I have saved time, headaches and money, I should invite you all to dinner!!!

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
You are confirming my conclusion: SILENCE.

She wants my phone number to call me and continue this theatre. But what I find more vicious is all this bullshit of a “communication problem”..., the have it, they don’t understand “no, thanks”.
They sell a "Communications Course" for a few hundred pounds. She's probably leading up to this. It's all about the money with that cult.

Karakorum

supressively reasonable
I don’t think is worth to go deeper with this people, even in a cafe or a neutral place. I hate sticky people in general.

I don’t have enough knowledge to ask all that and she would catch me in 1 minute. ARC break, KR, I have no idea about the exact meaning.
I agree, if you just want them to go the heck away then simply 'ghost' them - don't reply to emails or anything.

The neutral meeting was just a suggestion in case curiosity was your main motivation behind this. These guys have a fixed recruitment pattern they follow, if one wants to get any real information out of them, one needs to brake the pattern in a meaningful way.
The questions I suggested were just that - ways of putting her in a place she has no script for.

I am really grateful to this forum and you all for your help. I feel I have saved time, headaches and money, I should invite you all to dinner!!!
Glad to have helped, stay frosty.