What's new

Repair of the “Black” Family?

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
I have been saying for many years that the NOI is slowly tightening its boa constrictor coils around the credulously stupid white whales & witless "OTs" . . . .
"If and when COB has to do some hard time in
the slammer, we'll be there when the call goes out
'HCO, bring order!' You had better believe it."

[xtable=skin1|bcenter|643.5x241]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=center|633.5x@}
foi-jpg.14026
{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

:yes:

We've also seen where he hides his pen and notebook with all
his silly passwords for the accounts. We'll take care of business.

Last edited:

Karakorum

supressively reasonable
Entheatan said:
To me, "racism" involves both a dislike for, and desire to harm, somebody purely because of the person's race.
I'm not so sure about that second part. I've lived around people who were deeply racist, but never did I pick up from any of them that they wished to do harm to those they despised.
Yep, I'm in agreement with Vodoo here. You can be very racist without intending any physical harm whatsoever.

The most vivid example that comes to mind are the sort of guys who will bash women's looks based on their race, the ones that go: "No Jewish/Armenian/Chinese/whatever women can be attractive, the ones that look midly attractive must be mixed race".

These guys don't want physical harm, often not even mental harm (they would not say it to someone's face), but they are nevertheless being racist.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Yep, I'm in agreement with Vodoo here. You can be very racist without intending any physical harm whatsoever.

The most vivid example that comes to mind are the sort of guys who will bash women's looks based on their race, the ones that go: "No Jewish/Armenian/Chinese/whatever women can be attractive, the ones that look midly attractive must be mixed race".

These guys don't want physical harm, often not even mental harm (they would not say it to someone's face), but they are nevertheless being racist.
I said "harm" rather than "physical harm". Getting somebody fired because of his race, not letting somebody on a sports team because of his race -- these are examples of "harm" which is not physical harm.

Karakorum

supressively reasonable
I said "harm" rather than "physical harm". Getting somebody fired because of his race, not letting somebody on a sports team because of his race -- these are examples of "harm" which is not physical harm.
Ok, but that example of the "locker room racist bashing talk" I mentioned in the previous post? Does that fulfill your definition of harm? The women being discussed are not even aware of the talk talking place.

You could say it is "harm" in the sanese that the racist is "poisoning" the minds of his listeners and thus "harms them", but taht seems pretty far fetched to me.

guanoloco

As-Wased
Ok, but that example of the "locker room racist bashing talk" I mentioned in the previous post? Does that fulfill your definition of harm? The women being discussed are not even aware of the talk talking place.

You could say it is "harm" in the sanese that the racist is "poisoning" the minds of his listeners and thus "harms them", but taht seems pretty far fetched to me.

That's not even racist besides being harmless. That's a matter of taste. As to women it's equivalent to saying the same thing only using blonde, brunette, redhead, etc. For instance, I know one guy who is apeshit over Asian gals while another finds them unattractive. Neither are racist.

The way the U.S. legal system first started seems best for harm.

First, everyone is presumed innocent.

Second, everyone faced their accuser in court.

Third, a jury of peers, defined as someone knowing both the accused and the accuser, heard and decided the case.

Fourth, the accuser had to prove guilt by demonstrating a physical loss of property or income in order to establish guilt.

Things that aren't harmful are things that don't cause a physical loss. So, calling someone a racial term to their face, let alone behind their back, doesn't harm anyone.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

No, I agree with guanoloco on that. In your example, calling them fat or ugly would have also caused distress.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
"If and when COB has to do some hard time in
the slammer, we'll be there when the call goes out
'HCO, bring order!' You had better believe it."

[xtable=skin1|bcenter|643.5x241]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=center|633.5x@}
foi-jpg.14026
{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

:yes:

We've also seen where he hides his pen and notebook with all
his silly passwords for the accounts. We'll take care of business.
LOL

That was entheta.

Literally "enturbulated theta". It's not actually a bad thing, it's a good thing.

Because "theta" (in English) roughly translates to: "...delusionally grinning & fanatically defrauding liar".

SCIENTOLOGISTS: When they start grinning it means they are experiencing "Duper's Delight" because think they are just about to close you on whatever hoax they are running that day.

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
That's not even racist besides being harmless. That's a matter of taste. As to women it's equivalent to saying the same thing only using blonde, brunette, redhead, etc. For instance, I know one guy who is apeshit over Asian gals while another finds them unattractive. Neither are racist.
If an individual finds all women of a particular race unattractive it MAY be just a matter of taste. But I feel that at least in some cases it's indicative of racism.

If one truly has an intense dislike for another race of people because of their race and doesn't find a single one attractive in many cases I would think the racism is the why; it's affecting their perception of those other people.

That's just my opinion, and I admit I'm biased. I find women from ALL races attractive. Also, women of all hair colors as well, except sometimes pink, green, blue, or purple. But even some of them are OK too. :cool:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
If an individual finds all women of a particular race unattractive it MAY be just a matter of taste. But I feel that at least in some cases it's indicative of racism.

If one truly has an intense dislike for another race of people because of their race and doesn't find a single one attractive in many cases I would think the racism is the why; it's affecting their perception of those other people.

That's just my opinion, and I admit I'm biased. I find women from ALL races attractive. Also, women of all hair colors as well, except sometimes pink, green, blue, or purple. But even some of them are OK too. :cool:
Yesterday my house was picketed by fanatical progressives, protesting that I was not attracted to having sex with people killed in a fire--and they condemned me with vitriolic chants of "SHAME-SHAME-SHAME! TOASTIST-TOASTIST-TOASTIST!

I apologized profusely and now I am attracted to everyone without evil white-priveleged discrimination against Charcoal-Americans.

JustSheila

Crusader

Too much thinking about thinking for me.

Sometimes people are just crude and rude when they believe they're out of others' earshot. Big mouths yakking without much thought to what they're saying because they're just trying to impress each other, having a testosterone chest beating contest. It's not the kind of talking that's supposed to be taken seriously any more than when women talk about hot movie stars.

In my 20s I worked for one of the very first popular video matchmaking services. The interviews were 2 to 3 hours. 9 out of 10 men started out with the same picture of the "ideal woman" yet only about 2% of women would fit that description. So were they racist about everyone else? Was it taste? Neither. More of a reflection of the current winning pinup girl. Buxom blonde one year, blue-eyed athletic brunette another, brown eyed tiny blonde another, ravishing redhead, exotic Islander another... whatever the media's current darling model was, that was the ideal woman. That's not fair to the other women, but when has dating ever put everyone on equal footing?

For most, it took a lot of time and personal questions to get past the stereotype images. Some never do and don't want to be more open-minded. That's okay, it's their private life and personal partner we're talking about, not an attitude toward an entire group that would carry forward in the workplace and life. Everybody has the right to have silly ideas about what they find attractive in a partner and they don't owe anybody an explanation or excuse, either, because that's about as personal as you get. People have the right to choose for themselves and nobody has the right to tell them they can't (except maybe the other person.. :coolwink:).

Racism and prejudice are societal ills about grouping and generalizing and treating people unfairly based on race. It's not based on attraction and has nothing to do with it. One is personal, the other is societal. Is there a crossover? Maybe sometimes there is, but when it's someone's personal choice and their personal life, IMO, we have to butt out and not judge because it's none of our business what a person's preferences are in their private life if those preferences aren't illegal or actually causing injury.

Last edited:

guanoloco

As-Wased

Yeah, I'm with ya. I know 'em both and if a woman is a 10 everyone knows it.

Flipside is that, technically, saying "gingers burn easy in the sun" is racist and that "men and women have different fat-to-muscle ratios" is sexist.

I think people are too hypersensitive on racism. For instance, this is just what I believe but if someone is calling someone a racist name it might be that they just don't like that person.

You know, if you call a woman a bitch that doesn't mean you hate women. If you call someone a chink it doesn't mean you hate Chinese.

Last edited:

guanoloco

As-Wased
Huh? Does not compute.

I'm just saying when people get mad they say all kinds of things to attack and hurt their target and many times they don't mean it. I've witnessed this many times.

There's also times I've witnessed people use abusive language when describing a specific person they don't like but that doesn't mean that they're a racist person because they like and respect others of the same demographic. What it means is they're using racist terms in a way to diminish a specific person.

I'm not saying it's right and I'm not making excuses for it. Personally, I don't think that makes them a racist.

Voodoo

Free Your Mind And Your Ass Will Follow
I'm just saying when people get mad they say all kinds of things to attack and hurt their target and many times they don't mean it. I've witnessed this many times.

There's also times I've witnessed people use abusive language when describing a specific person they don't like but that doesn't mean that they're a racist person because they like and respect others of the same demographic. What it means is they're using racist terms in a way to diminish a specific person.

I'm not saying it's right and I'm not making excuses for it. Personally, I don't think that makes them a racist.
Well doggone it. Why di'nt ya say that the first time? :p

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
9 out of 10 men started out with the same picture of the "ideal woman" yet only about 2% of women would fit that description. So were they racist about everyone else? Was it taste? Neither. More of a reflection of the current winning pinup girl. Buxom blonde one year, blue-eyed athletic brunette another, brown eyed tiny blonde another, ravishing redhead, exotic Islander another... whatever the media's current darling model was, that was the ideal woman. That's not fair to the other women, but when has dating ever put everyone on equal footing?
To take this even further I've stated to female friends and coworkers who were suffering from feeling they were failing at living up to "the male's scewed expectations upon their bodies" in that the men of the world have let Hugh Hefner's "ideal woman" fantacy as to what the ideal woman looks like influence our tastes and expectations. It used to be that men were attracted to strong robust women who could bear them children, tote them around all day and still put a nice meal on the table and provide pleasant company. Then came the Playboy, Penthouse, Hustler etc. versions that are few and far between in real life. Then I'd always say "what looks best is seldom what feels best" and I've found that to be very true as well.

guanoloco

As-Wased
To take this even further I've stated to female friends and coworkers who were suffering from feeling they were failing at living up to "the male's scewed expectations upon their bodies" in that the men of the world have let Hugh Hefner's "ideal woman" fantacy as to what the ideal woman looks like influence our tastes and expectations. It used to be that men were attracted to strong robust women who could bear them children, tote them around all day and still put a nice meal on the table and provide pleasant company. Then came the Playboy, Penthouse, Hustler etc. versions that are few and far between in real life. Then I'd always say "what looks best is seldom what feels best" and I've found that to be very true as well.

Back when HBO was new and thereabouts I happened to watch a fashion show where the runway models were Auschwitz skeletons where their knees were thicker than their thighs and the gap behind their clavicle would hold water.

They were ghouls with makeup. Hideous.

There wasn't a man in the audience. The entire show was women. The designers, all of it. Women.

However unrealistic the male ideal this was worse.