What's new

Old Timer St Hill Estates

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Hi to my many old friends from the old St Hill Estates Org - circa. 1975 to 1984.
Castle Project and CO Estates in good times and bad. Many untold stories.
Regards to all on the board . . . good to see Mick Parkee is still going. :)
Hi to you too. In 1975 I'd been gone from Saint Hill for a year but I was on the RPF with Mick Parkee. No one ever has a bad word to say about him and I'm glad to hear he's still with us.

@lutz

Patron
Thanks for the prompt response. Basically I knew most of the guys serving in the SO from the period 1975/1984, those in Estates Org . . . on various RPFs . . . or those who worked on the Castle Project (new Reception, Connector and stages 4 & 5).
From Stables to Stonelands, Brookhouse, Bullards and the Manor. If there ever was a definition of insanity it would surely cover the events of that period which eventually led to collapse of Estates and demise of most of the crew.

strativarius

Thanks for the prompt response. Basically I knew most of the guys serving in the SO from the period 1975/1984, those in Estates Org . . . on various RPFs . . . or those who worked on the Castle Project (new Reception, Connector and stages 4 & 5).
From Stables to Stonelands, Brookhouse, Bullards and the Manor. If there ever was a definition of insanity it would surely cover the events of that period which eventually led to collapse of Estates and demise of most of the crew.
Well, your post is a trip down memory lane, since I helped dig the foundations for the fucking castle in 1973/4 and lived at Stonelands and the boathouse there while I was on the RPF. I expect we know a lot of people in common who were still there when you arrived after I had left apart from old Mick Parkee.

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
Hi to you too. In 1975 I'd been gone from Saint Hill for a year but I was on the RPF with Mick Parkee. No one ever has a bad word to say about him and I'm glad to hear he's still with us.
I knew Mick Parkee in the early 1990s, when he was the chief cook at the Stables. He used to bitch and moan loudly about whatever was the PTP of the day with his assistant Peter something, who was similarly grouchy.

When I knew him, Mick had a grouchy exterior, but one could see that he had a beautiful, caring interior. I heard vague rumours that he left Estates Org after I left St. Hill, and had done the Briefing Course after that.

At one point soon after I arrived at St. Hill on the TTC, I was told (by Mick, I think) that I couldn't eat without food tickets, and since my org wasn't sending any money, I had to find my own solution for that. A friendly chap from, I think, Call-in called Rob Fisher snuck me out food for a couple of days, which I ate hiding behind a tree near the Stables.

I've always wondered whatever happened to Rob Fisher. He struck me as being very wise about what was really going on in the Sea Org. He would have been in his 30s or 40s in the early 90s. I gathered that he had probably been in the SO for years when I arrived in the early 1990s, but he didn't really strike me as being like a Scientologist in his behaviour. Which made me very curious about what was going on in his mind.

Later, when I was 'summoned' to St. Hill under threat of a Non-Enturbulation Order, Rob was the first person who greeted me at St. Hill reception, and he tipped me off that, contrary to what I'd been told, the plan was to try to recruit me into the Sea Org. He showed me a clipboard which had my name on it, and against my name was written "needs to arrive in the Sea Org". As he showed me this, he stared intently at me, as if to say "Watch out - you're about to be subjected to a heavy recruitment cycle". It was this, and his helping me to eat during my first time at St. Hill, that gave me very warm feelings about this guy and his good intentions.

@lutz

Patron
Well, your post is a trip down memory lane, since I helped dig the foundations for the fucking castle in 1973/4 and lived at Stonelands and the boathouse there while I was on the RPF. I expect we know a lot of people in common who were still there when you arrived after I had left apart from old Mick Parkee.
Thanks for the welcome.

The "BoatHouse" down by the pond at Stonelands was in fact an old potatoe store, not unlike the tool shed up by the swimming pool. I was amazed that this too hadn't been converted into berthing.

The stinking old pond was eventually cleaned out by RPF and Raef Warren with a JCB - a development project by John Spick. Unfortunately Raef dug out most of the clay and the pond went dry.

Mick Parkee was always good for the odd crust of bread.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
The "BoatHouse" down by the pond at Stonelands was in fact an old potatoe store, not unlike the tool shed up by the swimming pool. I was amazed that this too hadn't been converted into berthing.

When I was on the SH RPF for a couple of months (1979?) that boathouse was used for RPF berthing.

Paul

strativarius

When I was on the SH RPF for a couple of months (1979?) that boathouse was used for RPF berthing.

Paul
Paul, I was trying to remember some of the names of staff at SH, but apart from Bob and Ivis, their names escape me now. One name I was able to remember but seem to have forgotten now was the sour-faced Swedish bird who was qual sec. Her husband worked there as well. Please remind me of her name.

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
Paul, I was trying to remember some of the names of staff at SH, but apart from Bob and Ivis, their names escape me now. One name I was able to remember but seem to have forgotten now was the sour-faced Swedish bird who was qual sec. Her husband worked there as well. Please remind me of her name.
Haha. When I was there, the AOSH Qual Sec was a freckle-faced woman with an Aussie or New Zealand accent. The last memory I have of her is of her screaming at me that I was wrecking the prospects of humanity to go free, because I'd decided I'd had enough of being on staff. From the look in her eyes, she really believed what she was saying. She seemed like a fanatic.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Malin Gelfan, husband Peter. She left in the early 70s and became a Class XII at FSO.

Here's a 1974 list of some SH people. I'm not on it as I didn't 5x my stats. I'll add some posts as best I remember 45 years ago.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.religion.scientology/XNU2YjhGSuI

EXECUTIVE DIRECTIVESO ED 270 INT
2 May 1974
All Org Staffs
5X CLUB MEMBERS
<snip>
FOLO UK
Ron Hopkins
D. Hopkins
N. Charlton
D. Wavell
Lynne Wood
L. Morgan
M. Garlick
C. Morris
A. Webb
T. Cusworth
TOURS ORG UK
Jim Keely
Heidi Keely
C. Rabey
C. Holling
ESTATES UK
Brenda Wilson
Bob Rosenstein
Danny Fischman
Patricia Piccone
Lew Stanley
Kathy Uytenbogaardt
David Beale
Frank O'Sullivan
Stuart D'Arcy-Hyder
David Sheppard
Martin Weightman
Gilliam Nieman
Mick Downey
Regina Bertelsons
Hazel Wright
Mary Armitage
Steve Wilkinson
D. Cusworth
M. Bellmaine
S. Stratikopoulis
AOSH UK
Linda Charlton -- CO
Malin Gelfan -- Org Officer ?
Philip Quirino -- LRH Comm
Peter Whitehouse -- AG
Ivis Bolger -- HAS
Amy Youngman -- Recruiter? / Reg Office assistant
Peter Morgan -- Body reg
Audrey White -- Addresso
Trumbull Jackson -- Printer
Jenny Brodie -- Auditor Editor
Colin Guy -- Dir Income
David Flood -- Dir Disbursements
Hazel Gibbs -- HGC Auditor
Richard Reiss -- Tech/Qual, auditor or C/S
Leslie Fisher -- HGC Auditor
Doris Brown -- D of P
Ann Glushakov -- HGC C/S
John Bellmaine -- HGC Auditor
Bruce Glushakov -- Qual Sec?
Trudy Chamberlin -- Dist Sec
Lyn Collins -- Success Officer
Arthur Cusworth -- Examiner
Sheila Massey-Hicks -- Dissem
Amy Schlather -- Auditor? C/S?
Pedro Doria -- Senior C/S
Cliff Von Shura -- ?
Pat Stanley -- Payroll Officer
Peter Buttery -- HGC C/s? Auditor?

Paul

Last edited:

strativarius

Haha. When I was there, the AOSH Qual Sec was a freckle-faced woman with an Aussie or New Zealand accent. The last memory I have of her is of her screaming at me that I was wrecking the prospects of humanity to go free, because I'd decided I'd had enough of being on staff. From the look in her eyes, she really believed what she was saying. She seemed like a fanatic.
Oh yes, she must have been a disciple of Linda Parselle. Screaming at people was her speciality and I have been on the receiving end of it from her myself. How a lovely geezer like John Parselle ever got tangled up with that virago has always been an enduring mystery to me.

virago
/vɪˈrɑːɡəʊ,vɪˈreɪɡəʊ/

A domineering, violent, or bad-tempered woman.

Last edited:

strativarius

Malin Gelfan, husband Peter. She left in the early 70s and became a Class XII at FSO.

Paul
OMG, I've just had an orgasm from reading your post. Thank you, thank you, I've been up half the night trying to remember her fucking name. Ahhh ...

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
OMG, I've just had an orgasm from reading your post. Thank you, thank you, I've been up half the night trying to remember her fucking name. Ahhh ...
I edited the post and added more names. You'll probably drown. :biggrin:

Oh, I forgot I made this list of AOSHUK staff too. I did it in 2007. I'm not going to update it with who's dead now as this post is not editable after 24 hours.

https://scientology.fandom.com/wiki/AOSHUK

Paul

AOSH UK Sea Org Members 1972-86 Edit
This is a partial list of SO staff at AOSHUK between 1972 and 1986. Some joined before 1972 and are still there in 2007. Some were only there a matter of weeks. Maiden/married names are shown where known, in no systematic manner.

A
Leonora Adam
Paul Adams
Bob Ainsworth
Linzy Ainsworth (Sandy)
Margaret Ainsworth
Bryan Andrews
Julia Andrews

B
Amos Bamigboye
Chris Barnes
Sara Baziuk (West)
Tony Baziuk
Carol Beatty
Ken Beer
John Bellmaine
Morag Bellmaine
Angela Berthoud (Paris)
Ron Biggs
Bob Bolger
Ivis Bolger
Martin Boothby
Tony Bowling
Jenny Brodie (Bunting)
Janice Bromley
Kris Buckeridge
Roger Buckeridge
Dale Bulbrook (Waller)
Marianne Bumberger
Chris Burton
Christine Buttey
Peter Buttery

C
Ira Chaleff
Neville Chamberlin
Linda Charlton
Pauline Chatterton
Trudy Chamberlin (Eyre)
Carol Collins
Elizabeth Collins
Lyn Collins
Sylvia Collins
John Cox
John Cronin
Paula Cronin
Les Crozier
Dawn Crundall
Arthur Cusworth (Deceased)
Thelma Cusworth (Deceased)

D
Doug D'Aubrey
Benny D'Costa
Aileen Darcy Hyder (Pollack)
Winston DeVaughn
Andy Dowgray
Gail Dowgray
Lucy Duncan
David Dunlop
Pam Dunlop
Ted Dunn

E
Karen Eckhart
Don Edwards
Helen Edwards
Reg Evans
Rose Evans

F
Elva Field (Glatt)
John Fisher
Leslie Fisher
David Flood

G
Peter Gallop
Mark Gardner
Malin Gelfan
Peter Gelfan
Geoff Gerrard
Amir Geuron
Alan Gilbertson
Barbara Gilbertson (Rae)
Keith Gilleard
Ann Glushakow
Bruce Glushakow
Neil Gould
Hazel Grafton
Maggie Graham
Carole Grope (Mitchell, Biggs)
Mike Grope
Alistair Guy
Colin Guy
Ewan Guy
Ina Guy (Edwards)

H
Jane Harris (Lance)
John Harris
Julie Harris (Fehn)
John Harvey
Jeremy Heath
Peter Hill
Linda Holling (Cusworth, Charlton)
Martin Huber

IJKL
Trumbull Jackson
Mark Jefford
Dick Jones
Linda Jones (Harrington)
Sue Jones
Jan Karlsson
Lennart Karlsson
Irene Kaye (Dercynski?)
Steve Kaye
Daisy Kirkby
Owen Kirkby
Chaz Kember
Hank Laarhuis
Don Larson
Hazel Larson (Gibbs)
Ron Lawley
Meynard Levinson
Max Liberson

M
Alec MacRae
Marion Mason (Schuster)
Sheila Massey-Hicks
Claire McFarland
Claudette McGee
Laina McNamee
Malcolm McPherson
Myles Mellor
Ilona Millar
David Miscavige
Ron Miscavige
Ray Mitchell
Ron Mitcheson
Michael Moore
Peter Morgan
Trisha Morgan
Jenny Moss
Ron Moss
Sheldon Mousell

N
Sheila Nagy (McTaggart)
Janice Nassor
Rahmon Nassor
John Nixon

O
Frank O'Sullivan

P
Mick Parkee
Dorothy Parker
Marion Pouw
Roger Power
Julie Price
Rufus Price
Isla Pryde

Q
Monica Quirino
Philip Quirino

R
Bernie Radburn
Chrissie Radburn
Dalene Regenass
Len Regenass
Cala Reiss
Richard Reiss
Carol Riess
Helfried Riess
Eileen Russell Able

S
Antonia Seymour (Geuron)
Phil Shaw
Paul Scrimshaw
Brian Sheen
Dave Skull
Cerise Smit
Hermann Smit
Alex Smith
Annette Spink
Lew Stanley
Pat Stanley
Sotiris Stratikopoulos

T
Jean Taylor
Jenny Taylor
John Taylor
Lynne Thompson (Bliss)
Peter Thompson
Sunny Tosh (Hagen)

W
Caroline Wakley
Dale Waller
Suzy Waller
Gen Ward
Janice Watkins
Carolyn Webb
Kathy Webb
Audrey White
Peter Whitehouse
Geraldine (Gen) Whitt

XYZ
Andy Yarrow
Amy/Aimee Youngman

Last edited:

strativarius

Paul, I knew all these people from your list well:

Ron Hopkins
Norman Charlton
T. Cusworth
Linda Charlton
Malin Gelfan
Carl Holling - He was the RPF Bosun when I first arrived on it in 1973
Bob Bolger
Ivis Bolger
Mick Parkee - Also on the RPF
Ann Glushakov
Bruce Glushakov
Martin Huber - Also on the RPF
Steve Wilkinson
Nev Chamberlin - Also on the RPF
Trudy Chamberlin
Lyn Collins
Peter Buttery

Here are some of the people I was on London Org staff with that I've managed to compile over the years:

Marcus Allen
Anne Atkinson
Geoff Brewer
Peter Buttery
Sue Finer
Alan & Barbara Gilbertson
Bruce & Anne Glushakow
Ron Hopkins
Paul Humphries
Joe Irving
Nicky (thousand-yard-stare) Mendoza
Malcolm McPherson
Peter Molgard
Tom Morgan
Mike Oram
John Parselle
Mike Phillips
Alan Saint
Alastair Segerdal
Kay Hopkins / nee Sheldon
Chris Speer
Pam Horwitz /nee Thorne
John Harry Watson
Stephen Wilkes

Last edited:

RogerB

Crusader
Awesome lists . . . Thanks. Some wonderful people giving wonderful memories there.

What do we know of Lyn Collins, she was my buddy in Melbourne just prior to my setting sail to the UK.

Malin Gelfan is a class act, last seen at FSO.

And what of Frank McCall ???? A sort of semi-staff guy.

Word I have is that Heidi Keely has passed . . . Diabetes did her and her husband in.

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
Paul, I knew all these people from your list well:

Ron Hopkins
Norman Charlton
T. Cusworth
Linda Charlton
Malin Gelfan
Carl Holling - He was the RPF Bosun when I first arrived on it in 1973
Bob Bolger
Ivis Bolger
Mick Parkee - Also on the RPF
Ann Glushakov
Bruce Glushakov
Martin Huber - Also on the RPF
Steve Wilkinson
Nev Chamberlin - Also on the RPF
Trudy Chamberlin
Lyn Collins
Peter Buttery

Here are some of the people I was on London Org staff with that I've managed to compile over the years:

Marcus Allen
Anne Atkinson
Geoff Brewer
Peter Buttery
Sue Finer
Alan & Barbara Gilbertson
Bruce & Anne Glushakow
Ron Hopkins
Paul Humphries
Joe Irving
Nicky (thousand-yard-stare) Mendoza
Malcolm McPherson
Peter Molgard
Tom Morgan
Mike Oram
John Parselle
Mike Phillips
Alan Saint
Alastair Segerdal
Kay Hopkins / nee Sheldon
Chris Speer
Pam Horwitz /nee Thorne
John Harry Watson
Stephen Wilkes
Is this John Harry Watson:

?

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Frank McAll:
On another note, in 2012 a long term original Sea Org member and comrade of LRH’s, Frank McAll, living in an apartment off base with his now ex-wife as he is deceased, received excellent medical care, probably just to keep him quiet. He had poor eyesight in his right eye and received a glass lens replacement and when he had heart trouble was given a pacemaker. At the time he was a much loved member of the group and there were many LRH Advices written about Frank, including a little document he had framed on his desk, typed by LRH in 1973 that “Frank, for all his good works in service of the Commodore, is hereby released from any further ethics handling.” This was signed by Ron himself. Frank maintained that Ron had told him on many occasions that Frank was never and could never leave the Sea Org. In May of 2012 he dropped the body while still in the S.O.
https://www.mikerindersblog.org/an-appropriate-commendation-for-once/ (in comments, halfway down page)

Lyn Collins:
Vague memory time, not sure. I was in the PAC RPF's RPF in March-June 1996. Sylvia Collins was the Rs R Bosun, and also my auditor for leaving sec check. We had known each other at SH 20 years earlier, and she was also a decent senior in the R's R. I asked about Lyn (her mother), and what comes to mind is she married some rich guy and was out of Scn so not in comm with Sylvia any more.

Paul