What's new

God, Hell and The Bomb

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
My apologies to those discomfitted by an artists over-sized ego but...

I do take delight in it when I knock out a piece of wordsmithing I believe to be worth reading...

As it happens, I just knocked out three very diverse posts on three different threads which flow one into the next so as to be worth gathering in one spot under the primal title of this thread

I'm still Toulouse Low Tech but if some bright young spirit with compassion for a doddering old fart would make a post with links to...

In this order...

1. The first post on page twentyone of "cientology, Ron Hubbard and Hypnosis" thread

2. The fourteenth post on page two of the "Feather v. Feather..." thread and...

3. The eighth post on the "To The Hacker thread...

Then readers might not just see but hear what your vastly demented colleague thinks a sonorous literary chord...

Me and My Self

Self-born, Autogamous Unicorn
Yes, Ron used much rhetoric and produced the most bizarre cosmology of any tin pot guru in the long and magnificent history of human horsecrap

But the Greeks!

They, by God, actually knew something. in 1977 in Somerville up under eaves of our garret apartment with it's panoramic view past the city library across the street driving cab and living that wild left-handed black Irish ex-nun and our outrageously fantastic newborn son I spent two weeks reading a fine translation of Plato's "Republic" of which I remember almost nothing but two days after finishing it...

I had a dream...

And I swear it was not just a dream...

I was in the sky above white fluffy cumulus clouds in bright light exactly like bright sunlight save it had no glare to it and a great hand appeared before me and opened. It was like about eighteen feet from heel to fingertip and in the hollow of the palm was a very small pile of tiny gold seeds. I took one and broke it open and the eensiest teeniest drop of shimmering gold liquid oozed out. I touched my my tongue to it...

O my God!!!

Sweet?

As if fresh clover honey were bitter by compare!

Sweet!!!

With an indescribable wetness to it but if you can envision colored water dropped into clear water and how the pigment billows out to fill the whole volume of the glass so did it melt into my tongue to the back of my mouth where it blossomed in all directions forward to lips and face up and back to skull, down the neck to chest and out the arms to hands and and fingers as it suffused the torso hips and groin down the legs to feet and toes and I was alive in every fibre of my being as never before or since...

The dream evanesced into the mist of blessed sleep and I arose at dawn bright as sunlight through a drop of dew.

The Greeks spoke of Nectar.

I have tasted Nectar.

I'm no expert on the subject P&B but neither am I entirely ignorant

Certainly there are degrees and variations to trance state, indeed what we usually think of as being awake is somewhat of a trance state; most of us are most of the time somnambulists prey to suggestion and stimulation but I can observe moments such as a bright Spring day in 1980 when my three and a half year old son was in the front room cheerfully playing with a toy in the puddle of light pouring through the window. I was in the next room only scarcely divided from the front room of our rowhouse home sitting in an old Barcalounger reading a book with the boobtube on and in fairly high state of awareness; I was reading with clear attention on the book but not engrossed by it for I was well aware of my son playing and his mother working in the kitchen as well as monitoring the boobtube and it was all one, not separate.

Then a commercial comes on the boobtube with the decibels jacked up. The kid stands up, walks into the middle room and stands in front of the boobtube with glassy eyes and slack jaw. "Ian,"I said. No response. Again I said "Ian." Again no response. I sat and when the commercial was over the kid turned and went back to his play.

I noted the moment with some concern...

It soon proved to be harbinger of...

The opening of the Gates of Hell...

Sweetheart...

I'm being hacked.

My letter to the editor of The Conway Daily Sun was deleted by a hacker and restored when I notified them and that at last confirmed what I've suspected.

How dare you suggest I'm not in good mental condition?

I'm in good enough mental condition that in Seattle on the 28th of August 2007 I managed to pull six live nuclear warheads off the rack at Minot AFB and fly them to Louisiana.

You can google that and find that it happened.

I needed to do that because that's the day Dubya hopped on Air Force One and flew to Seattle to pick up my report on the diplomatic initiative with the Iraqi insurgents I had arranged through the Jordanians in 2006 and this was prior to General Petraeus' report to Congress. The General wanted more boots on the ground. I wanted the phased withdrawal of all combat troops to begin.

I dropped a bigger six-shooter on the table than he did and the withdrawal commenced

So how do you think there's something wrong with my mental condition?

freethinker

Sponsor
My apologies to those discomfitted by an artists over-sized ego but...

I do take delight in it when I knock out a piece of wordsmithing I believe to be worth reading...

As it happens, I just knocked out three very diverse posts on three different threads which flow one into the next so as to be worth gathering in one spot under the primal title of this thread

I'm still Toulouse Low Tech but if some bright young spirit with compassion for a doddering old fart would make a post with links to...

In this order...

1. The first post on page twentyone of "cientology, Ron Hubbard and Hypnosis" thread

2. The fourteenth post on page two of the "Feather v. Feather..." thread and...

3. The eighth post on the "To The Hacker thread...

Then readers might not just see but hear what your vastly demented colleague thinks a sonorous literary chord...
The writing isn't bad at all.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
The writing isn't bad at all.
My deepest gratitude to you...

A small accolade now and then is enough

Now Then...

It MUST be noted:

That six live nukes came off the rack at Minot AFB at the end of August 2007 is material fact well recorded on the internet.

That President Bush was in Bellevue Washington the last Monday of August 2007 can be verified.

One of the very few important papers I have ever produced which is saved somewhere does happen to be a Xerox of the report I handed over to Kirkland PD an was delivered to the anthrax sniffers in "The Decider's" entourage.

On my honor and most particularly noting this is a single writing in three parts the first speaking of The Divine and the second speaking of my tragic firstborn son thus it would speak excedingly bad of my character if I were to knowingly produce a material falsehood in the third part, it is material fact I on or about 28 Aug 07 wrote out an order to take six live nuclear warheads off the rack (any rack; I wasn't picky)

These are the MATERIAL facts

No known MATERIAL connection exists between these two material facts.

THUS:

Correct Forensic Judgement holds this to be strange coincidence.

Those who read these three pieces know it is my conceit not only to claim connection exists but to claim cuse and effect relationship.

This claim is based on Poetic Liscence.

To consider the two material facts connected in some way opens a variety of possible theories.

I get a kick out of claiming cause and effect relationship; the image of the rogue CIA asset with a verbal diplomatic portfolio turning in a "White Paper" and slamming a megaton six-shooter on the mahogany and ending a war is something a lively reader should get a kick out of as well.

Nor was I writing seriously when I wrote the thing out; it was a playful exercise from which I expected no result.

The contretemps in North Dakota was not reported until three weeks later and when I read of it in The Seattle Times my eyes just about bugged out of my head...

I'm glad there are at least a few readers here who should appreciate this clarification...

But by God!!!

No nukes is good news and BABY...

Your sweet little blue eyed boy kicked BUTT back in Aught Seven!!!

freethinker

Sponsor
My deepest gratitude to you...

A small accolade now and then is enough

Now Then...

It MUST be noted:

That six live nukes came off the rack at Minot AFB at the end of August 2007 is material fact well recorded on the internet.

That President Bush was in Bellevue Washington the last Monday of August 2007 can be verified.

One of the very few important papers I have ever produced which is saved somewhere does happen to be a Xerox of the report I handed over to Kirkland PD an was delivered to the anthrax sniffers in "The Decider's" entourage.

On my honor and most particularly noting this is a single writing in three parts the first speaking of The Divine and the second speaking of my tragic firstborn son thus it would speak excedingly bad of my character if I were to knowingly produce a material falsehood in the third part, it is material fact I on or about 28 Aug 07 wrote out an order to take six live nuclear warheads off the rack (any rack; I wasn't picky)

These are the MATERIAL facts

No known MATERIAL connection exists between these two material facts.

THUS:

Correct Forensic Judgement holds this to be strange coincidence.

Those who read these three pieces know it is my conceit not only to claim connection exists but to claim cuse and effect relationship.

This claim is based on Poetic Liscence.

To consider the two material facts connected in some way opens a variety of possible theories.

I get a kick out of claiming cause and effect relationship; the image of the rogue CIA asset with a verbal diplomatic portfolio turning in a "White Paper" and slamming a megaton six-shooter on the mahogany and ending a war is something a lively reader should get a kick out of as well.

Nor was I writing seriously when I wrote the thing out; it was a playful exercise from which I expected no result.

The contretemps in North Dakota was not reported until three weeks later and when I read of it in The Seattle Times my eyes just about bugged out of my head...

I'm glad there are at least a few readers here who should appreciate this clarification...

But by God!!!

No nukes is good news and BABY...

Your sweet little blue eyed boy kicked BUTT back in Aught Seven!!!
OK but just don't expect me to believe what you write. It was like reading a suspense novel.

JustSheila

Crusader
Sansa Stark: They respect you, they really do, but you have to... Why are you laughing?

Jon Snow: What did father use to say? Everything before the word "but" is horse shit.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
OK but just don't expect me to believe what you write. It was like reading a suspense novel.

LOLOLOL!!!

Anyone who likes my wordplay
doesn't have to believe a word I say!

However, I do hope I can have the respect for speaking the truth when presenting material fact

The six nukes did come off the rack

Material fact, easily verified

I wrote an order for six nukes the day they came off the rack.

Material fact supported only by my statement.

Then the relationship between these two facts is pure speculation though it is a kicky thing to think I actually caused it.

Yeah! It IS unbelieveable...

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
L<snip>
The six nukes did come off the rack

Material fact, easily verified

I wrote an order for six nukes the day they came off the rack.

Material fact supported only by my statement.

Then the relationship between these two facts is pure speculation though it is a kicky thing to think I actually caused it.

Yeah! It IS unbelieveable...
I'll go along with "unbelievable".

As I said, I looked into it. One pertinent fact is that the nuclear weapons did NOT "come off the rack" because of any "written order". To whom did you write/send the order?

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
As I mentioned, I sent it to no one. As I wrote it I thought it only a playful exercise. I was in a very good mood having completed my report to the President and particularly pleased he had (by chance???) flown into Sea-Tac as I finished it having been working on it since a Jordanian in Boston had approached me passing a familiar sign/countersign which led to a diplomatic initiative with the (primary) insurgents then engaged with our forces in Iraq.

It might be difficult to imagine just how lighthearted one can feel upon finishing such a weighty task as engineering the the parameters of a cessation to hostilities which had at that time claimed the lives of more than 3700 of America's finest and what I wrote was every bit as giddy as it would appear.

Then three weeks later comes the report that six nukes had in fact come off the rack when I had "ordered" six nukes to come off the rack.

Is there a cause effect/relationship between the two material facts?

I don't know.

It certainly sounds both unbelievable and (nearly but not quite) impossible.

I DO get a hell of a kick from entertaining the conceit that I pulled six live nukes off the rack...

And as mad as it sounds, if you closely examine the situation there is profound method in the madness...