What's new

Ignore! Ignore! Ignore!!!

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
But surely this would be a negative status? A sort of 'most reviled'.

Not something to aspire to surely? :unsure:

Are you that status-hungry Alanzo, that you really want to be the 'winner' of this one? :ohmy:

Ax

Hey man - status is status.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
When you put someone on ignore you won't see his posts. You will only see a 'post' saying so and so is on your ignore list.

But 'he' won't know that!

I suggest this little message in response:

"I know that you are on my Ignore list! - Why do you persist in telling me!!??"

Don't use 'ignore' without doing your homework! Here's a link to some crucial data about ignoring: Maggie and Trudie by Douglas Adams

:yes:
Hey Schwimmey,
Thanks so much for pointing me to that wonderful Douglas Adams story.
I absolutely loved it. :)
Cheers, Panda.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Your'e welcome Panda! :)

As you will undoubtedly have noticed, I'm a staunch, if not rabid, believer in the fundamental interconnectedness of all things, as represented in the Holistic Worldview. A belief I unashamedly hammer, cajole and PDH down the throaths of all and sundry.

Douglas Adams will save your soul and have you howling from laugther doing it! - He has created the remedy!

A remedy Hubbard accidentally alluded to, allthough he deftly avoided to mention it outright:

"Therefore we really do have the remedy before the assault weapon is produced. Did you ever read poor old George Orwell's uh.. 1984? Yes, yes, that's wonderful. That would be, could be, the palest imagined shadow of what a world would be like under the rule of the secret use of Scientology with no remedy in existence." (L.Ron Hubbard)

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
Your'e welcome Panda! :)

As you will undoubtedly have noticed, I'm a staunch, if not rabid, believer in the fundamental interconnectedness of all things, as represented in the Holistic Worldview. A belief I unashamedly hammer, cajole and PDH down the throaths of all and sundry.

Douglas Adams will save your soul and have you howling from laugther doing it! - He has created the remedy!

A remedy Hubbard accidentally alluded to, allthough he deftly avoided to mention it outright:

"Therefore we really do have the remedy before the assault weapon is produced. Did you ever read poor old George Orwell's uh.. 1984? Yes, yes, that's wonderful. That would be, could be, the palest imagined shadow of what a world would be like under the rule of the secret use of Scientology with no remedy in existence." (L.Ron Hubbard)

Yikes! For a long time I've been saying 1984 was Ron's blueprint for the scientology world he was trying to create.

This is the closest I've seen to Ron admitting that this is the case! :omg:

He often, like a true magician, put the obvious right under our noses and then distracted us or said it wasn't there. This is an example - he says a worse than 1984 style world would exist if there was a secret use of Scn, but failed to mention that he was developing a secret use of Scn (the GO/OSA, suggestion/evaluation/brainwashing, black scn, etc). Then proceeded with the now you see it, now you don't, prestidigitation of fair game, disconnection, etc.

Here is Ron actually covertly admitting he is using Orwell's ideas! :omg:

byte301

Crusader
I wonder if revealing who is the most ignored poster on this board would be in our best interest.

I know a couple of posters who would take great pride in this title and it would spur them on to be even MOAR obnoxious!

I would be tickled to be the #1 ignored poster on a couple of other boards I frequent. :yes:

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
I can see Poodleboy slapping his forehead as he realizes 'Oh shit! It's supposed to be *secret*. Ron said so!!! Quick, cut that out!'

Zinj

airhead

Patron with Honors
????

This thread is full of emptyheaded posts.

Sorry... couldn't resist. I don't think I had enough FPRD.

:confused2:

Hatshepsut

Crusader
Yes. and that quote has a rather interesting revison history. Looks like DM didn't like it! - This link to Terrils post about it.
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=215977&postcount=53

:yes:[/QUOTE]

Piece of the above post re the PDC # 20 and ref to Orwell's 1984

Older version, copyright L RON HUBBARD:

It's a very simple remedy. And that's-just make sure that the remedy
is passed along. That's all.Don't horde it, don't hold it; and if you
ever do use any Black Dianetics, use it on the guy who pulled
Scientology out of sight and made it so it wasn't available. Because
he's the boy who would be electing himself "The New Order." And we
don't need any more new orders. All those orders, as far as I am
concerned, have been filled.

LRH seems to have made several comments referring to any person electing themselves head hauncho. Must've been on his mind. And was there ever such a thing as Black Dianetics? What was his imagery behind these words?

HCObringOrder?

Silver Meritorious Patron
Piece of the above post re the PDC # 20 and ref to Orwell's 1984

LRH seems to have made several comments referring to any person electing themselves head hauncho. Must've been on his mind. And was there ever such a thing as Black Dianetics? What was his imagery behind these words?

There have been other mentions of Black Dianetics in the LRH files. Some in the PDC (I think), and some in the GO hats.
If you do a search on ARS and Arnie's files, I believe you will find some.

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
You might want to take the words of Don Corleone to heart before you implement an ignore list;

'Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer'

Why would you want to not know about someone who was dissin' you to people who don't have him on their ignore list? stupid.

justaguy

Patron Meritorious
Sometimes you just don't care, y'know? Hopefully if the person's wrong then all they're doing is making themselves look stupid.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Bump. It's the same with the new board. Just click on the person's avatar, then click ignore. It's easy. Or do what I do - drink!