What's new

Aftermath Announcement

RSS Feed

RSS Feeder Bot
There is a new post up at the Mike Rinder's Blog

Aftermath Announcement

In June we shot our series finale of The Aftermath, which will air in the next couple of weeks. A&E will announce the date soon. It will be our last show on A&E. When we began this journey, we did not anticipate more than a single season. But the response was so overwhelming and we […]

Continue reading...

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
"Our work is not done yet. Unfortunately sponsored television has limitations. There are things we cannot film or show on camera because of certain restrictions. These restrictions have limited us in many ways to tell the full story and in some cases, not permitted us to tell the story at all. For us, the work never stops. There are things we and others have done and are doing that have not been able to air. We have met with lawyers, we have met with law enforcement and victims have come forward and spoken. You will see and hear more about this in the future."
"I was in the Hole"
"It was all so compartmentalized"
"I was just a former Spokesman"
"Ask Gavino Idda or Charlie Earle"
"Sponsored Television has Certain Limitations"

After 11 years, anybody getting the feeling they might be being strung along?

Anybody?

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
"Our work is not done yet. Unfortunately sponsored television has limitations. There are things we cannot film or show on camera because of certain restrictions. These restrictions have limited us in many ways to tell the full story and in some cases, not permitted us to tell the story at all. For us, the work never stops. There are things we and others have done and are doing that have not been able to air. We have met with lawyers, we have met with law enforcement and victims have come forward and spoken. You will see and hear more about this in the future."
"I was in the Hole"

Anybody?

So, Alanzo, what are you doing to expose the abuses of the Church of Scientology?

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
There are things we and others have done and are doing that have not been able to air. We have met with lawyers, we have met with law enforcement and victims have come forward and spoken. You will see and hear more about this in the future."
Isn't this what you want?

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Isn't this what you want?
Oh yes. But Mike has had access to a blog every single day since around, what?

2009?

10 years?

And then there are other people he knows who also have access to their blogs. And media outlets. As CO OSA for 22 years, he knows all about leaking information.

But still, no crimes from Mike Rinder. Nothing that would ever put David Miscavige or any officer of the Church of Scientology into criminal jeopardy.

So skepticism, even when it is as blasphemous as being skeptical of Poor Mike Rinder, is good.

I think.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Without getting into witch hunts, it's not impossible that any of us here could be trying hard to reverse their SP declare by doing steps a to e undercover.

Of course it is possible that people who have had public fights with Miss Cabbage are actually best mates with him, and the fight was just a cover.

On some matters Mike Rinder may be just as guilty as dear leader, perhaps he doesn't want to shoot himself in the foot by exposing their crimes. It is also not beyond imagination to think that the little one has evidence of Rinder's involvement and that if was taken down he'd pull Rinder down too.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Without getting into witch hunts, it's not impossible that any of us here could be trying hard to reverse their SP declare by doing steps a to e undercover.

Of course it is possible that people who have had public fights with Miss Cabbage are actually best mates with him, and the fight was just a cover.

On some matters Mike Rinder may be just as guilty as dear leader, perhaps he doesn't want to shoot himself in the foot by exposing their crimes. It is also not beyond imagination to think that the little one has evidence of Rinder's involvement and that if was taken down he'd pull Rinder down too.
Good points, Lou.

These are called the "Cover Your Ass" Hypothesis and the "Mutually Assured Destruction" Hypothesis, respectively.

Although none of us know why Mike Rinder has never put DM into criminal jeopardy, I think these explanations for why he hasn't are highly likely to be true.

There are others, as well.

Veda

Sponsor
Good points, Lou.

These are called the "Cover Your Ass" Hypothesis and the "Mutually Assured Destruction" Hypothesis, respectively.

Although none of us know why Mike Rinder has never put DM into criminal jeopardy, I think these explanations for why he hasn't are highly likely to be true.

There are others, as well.

What's your opinion of Tony Ortega and Paulette Cooper? and their friendship with Mike Rinder?

Tony_Ortega_Paulette_Cooper_Mike_Rinder-e1435549908521.jpg

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Graham Berry ( whom you are connected to on Facebook) wrote in his petition to the White House:

graham berry.PNG

Why don't you ask Graham about why DM was never put into criminal jeopardy after 300+ complaints of crimes and atrocities were reported to the FBI?

Or have you already asked him?

I'm still curious though to your thoughts on a previous question you must of missed.

If YOU were the former CO OSA INT and made a report to the FBI (along with over a dozen other former Scientologists), and the FBI failed to act on those reports, how would you handle it?

Last edited:

AryaZ

Seeking truth and retribution
Very well written. It all sounds very hopeful. Perhaps finally, Mike will no longer be bound and gagged by yet another NDA deal--that he was most likely one of the architects of.

Forgive me for being skeptical, but for 20+ years inside and outside the church the carrot of "Something Can Be Done About It!" has been dangled in front of me.

The MO of "trust us and continue supporting and donating to the cause" is wearing thin.

Except for a handful of a chosen few, nothing has been done for the hundreds if not thousands of people who suffered the aftermath of leaving Scientology decades ago.

I guess they still adhere to the
motto, "Many are called a few are chosen."

I will admit, that Leah Remini, Scientology and the Aftermath show provided a huge platform for high-level former Scientology executives and members to tell their shocking stories of abuse and harassment alleged by ex-practitioners who claim their lives have been affected even well after they left the organization.

IMO, the benifit of the show is two-fold:

1. Prevention of people being conned into joining Scientology.

2. A warning for people currently in, that if they leave and speak out the church will go after them and they will suffer the consequences.

Not to minimize any value of benefit #1, but let's face it, the church has had extremely bad PR for decades thanks to many critics and law suits that came before LRSA. Otherwise the legal and OSA posts held and managed by Rinder during his 35 year SO career, wouldn't have required such dark ops as detailed on the show. The public consensus of the church being a cult existed long before Mike left the church.
And, as a side note, it appears to me from watching the fan pages on Facebook, Leah's show has generated a genuine curiosity about the philosophy of Scientology that perhaps never existed before.

As I see it, benefit #2 possibly serves as precautionary advice to stay under the radar or suffer the aftermath. That is if a Scientologist even dares to watch the show or if a SO members can get access to it.
Yet overall,
I feel the fear of the consequences of leaving or speaking out, benefits the church the most, in keeping parishioners in line.

When the Aftermath Foundation first came on the scene, I had hoped they would help the former members who had been
fair gamed and caught up in the aftermath, hence sending a message to the church that "Something IS Being Done About It!". However, as Aaron Smith-Levin so haughtily put it in one his early YouTube videos, AMF, is not "Social Security for Ex-Scientologists." It appears their main focus is to help people leave the SO, which is fine. Yet the thing that's rarely brought up, is that if you route out of the SO you are given a severance check. FACT. Some more than others. Debbie and Wayne were given $50,000. Karen's son per what she said on Marty's blog was given $3500. Several former SO members I once employed we're given $700 each.

Perhaps calling it the Aftermath Foundation is simply a misnomer.

I truly hope I'm wrong and Mike pulls it off and can finally make right the abuses that were dealt to previous survivors of the aftermath of leaving Scientology.

I guess, we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron

2009?

10 years?

And then there are other people he knows who also have access to their blogs. And media outlets. As CO OSA for 22 years, he knows all about leaking information.

But still, no crimes from Mike Rinder. Nothing that would ever put David Miscavige or any officer of the Church of Scientology into criminal jeopardy.

So skepticism, even when it is as blasphemous as being skeptical of Poor Mike Rinder, is good.

I think.
It is pretty certain that Mike was involved in Church of Scientology wrong-doing. We have absolutely no idea if he has been talking with the FBI -- but you assume he didn't so you can criticize him today.

For three years he has been working with Leah (about whom you also make unfounded assumptions about so you can criticize her) to quite effectively expose Church of Scientology abuses. Couple that with the Aftermath Foundation.

No matter what Mike may have done in the past, don't you think what he and Leah are doing today praiseworthy? Good actions?

Obviously not. Not one word of praise has come from you.

So, Alanzo, what have you done to expose the abuses of the Church of Scientology -- have you done ANYTHING other than criticize those who are.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
IMO, the benefit of the show is two-fold:

1. Prevention of people being conned into joining Scientology.

2. A warning for people currently in, that if they leave and speak out the church will go after them and they will suffer the consequences.
What's amazing about the new Celebrity Anti-Scientology is that you appear on TV, you don't get paid, and yet you suffer all the fair game consequences everyone has always suffered for speaking out as an Ex. Probably worse.

The difference now is that Mike and Leah get paid in the 6 to 7 figure range for telling the stories of Ex-Scientologists - the same kinds of stories that used to be told right here on this board for free - and anonymously.

So grok that: The former CO OSA, who ran all fair game on Ex Scientologists for 22 years, now makes a 7 figure income telling those same stories. And each of these Exes make no money on their own stories, and they still get the same fair game.

Celebrity Anti-Scientology: KA-CHING!

Such a Deal!

Last edited:

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
"I was in the Hole"

Anybody?

Well then, what are your crimes? Go ahead, tell us your dirty laundry right here and right now! Or are you "stringing us along"?

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
What's amazing about the new Celebrity Anti-Scientology is that you appear on TV, you don't get paid, and yet you suffer all the fair game consequences everyone has always suffered for speaking out as an Ex.

The difference now is that Mike and Leah get paid in the 6 to 7 figure range for telling the stories of Ex-Scientologists - the same kinds of stories that used to be told right here on this board for free - and anonymously.
I expect OSA would agree that people who are critical of Scientology shouldn't receive any remuneration for their efforts.

One of the first criticisms Scientology levies at critics is they are doing it for money. So if someone speaks out and deliberately doesn't accept money in order to avoid lending credence to this accusation they are now being exploited. Is that your point?

Maybe they consider that by helping Mike and Leah make money that will be used in the larger effort that is satisfactory remuneration.

"Celebrity Anti-Scientology". You toss that around like it's another of Hubbard's many disparagements of sub-cultures included in the Admin or Tech Dictionaries like wog, down-stat, no case gain...

"Celebrity Anti-Scientology": A class of people expressing critical opinions of Scientology in a public venue who don't get paid because they are being exploited by greedy rich Scientology critics.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I expect OSA would agree that people who are critical of Scientology shouldn't receive any remuneration for their efforts.

One of the first criticisms Scientology levies at critics is they are doing it for money. So if someone speaks out and deliberately doesn't accept money in order to avoid lending credence to this accusation they are now being exploited. Is that your point?

Maybe they consider that by helping Mike and Leah make money that will be used in the larger effort that is satisfactory remuneration.

"Celebrity Anti-Scientology". You toss that around like it's another of Hubbard's many disparagements of sub-cultures included in the Admin or Tech Dictionaries like wog, down-stat, no case gain...

"Celebrity Anti-Scientology": A class of people expressing critical opinions of Scientology in a public venue who don't get paid because they are being exploited by greedy rich Scientology critics.
Maybe this whole "You're in it for the money" thing that the church goes after critics for is simply meant to introvert critics?

And maybe we shouldn't be so "PTS to the Middle Class" about it.

Mike and Leah are making great money at it.

The actual exes who appear on their show are not.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

2009?

10 years?

I think.
Still, Mike and Leah have done more to expose Scientology's misdeeds than your blog has.

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
What's amazing about the new Celebrity Anti-Scientology is that you appear on TV, you don't get paid, and yet you suffer all the fair game consequences everyone has always suffered for speaking out as an Ex. Probably worse.

So grok that: The former CO OSA, who ran all fair game on Ex Scientologists for 22 years, now makes a 7 figure income telling those same stories. And each of these Exes make no money on their own stories, and they still get the same fair game.

Celebrity Anti-Scientology: KA-CHING!

Such a Deal!
Let's see. Marty, who has hands at least as dirty as Mike's (we guess), doesn't come clean and rakes in at least 8 figures from the Church of Scientology (we guess) and is not doing anything to expose Church of Scientology's abuses and crimes, gets fawning praise from you.

Mike gets nothing but attacks from you.

Why?

I have my guess but maybe you're just a not-to-bright hypocrite.