What's new

Aftermath Announcement

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Yet the thing that's rarely brought up, is that if you route out of the SO you are given a severance check. FACT. Some more than others. Debbie and Wayne were given $50,000. Karen's son per what she said on Marty's blog was given $3500. Several former SO members I once employed we're given $700 each.

Many, if not most, people who route out of the SO or are FBed out aren't given a dime. I don't know when this "severance check" thing started but at the time I left no one I knew who left was given any money. I was on the org's FP committee. If people were being given money to leave my org you can guarantee it would be the org's FP that would have to cover it. I would have known about it.

I left in 1996, so this practice of the check when you're heading out the door must be recent.

Of course, I blew, so my personal situation would be irrelevant. But other exes I know of who were in and who left when I did or before were not given any money by Scientology.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
What did Hubbard do that would justify sending him to prison?
Is the the written essay part of the loyalty test?

A bunch of stuff. I heard he was running cocaine and money for the CIA. He infiltrated government offices to spy on what they had on Scientology. He framed Paulette Cooper for a fake bomb threat and almost got her convicted. And this is only the documented stuff that sent him on the lam for the last 5 years of his life.

Thank you sir can I have another?

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Many, if not most, people who route out of the SO or are FBed out aren't given a dime. I don't know when this "severance check" thing started but at the time I left no one I knew who left was given any money. I was on the org's FP committee. If people were being given money to leave my org you can guarantee it would be the org's FP that would have to cover it. I would have known about it.

I left in 1996, so this practice of the check when you're heading out the door must be recent.

Of course, I blew, so my personal situation would be irrelevant. But other exes I know of who were in and who left when I did or before were not given any money by Scientology.
@BeaKiddo told me she was given $500 and a place to stay with a weird old couple in St Louis after working all her life in the Sea Org in LA.

Ka-Ching LULU! :)

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
I don't know which episode you were in, but I think it's good that you got to tell your story on TV.

You do realize that Mike Rinder, the guy who fairgamed critics for 22 years, and CREATED these stories - perhaps even yours - made a bunch of money on your story and the others. And you say that you don't care.

Fair enough.

Do you know about any of the others, especially some of the kids who worked with the show, and what happened to them as a result of their unpaid work?
You keep emphasizing this. I haven't seen any specifics on how much they were paid. What are you basing this on?

What is "a bunch"?

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron

A bunch of stuff. I heard he was running cocaine and money for the CIA. He infiltrated government offices to spy on what they had on Scientology. He framed Paulette Cooper for a fake bomb threat and almost got her convicted. And this is only the documented stuff that sent him on the lam for the last 5 7+ years of his life.

FIFY

Veda

Sponsor

A bunch of stuff. I heard he was running cocaine and money for the CIA. He infiltrated government offices to spy on what they had on Scientology. He framed Paulette Cooper for a fake bomb threat and almost got her convicted. And this is only the documented stuff that sent him on the lam for the last 5 years of his life.

Well, you're giving all the correct answers. Unfortunately, there's no way we can definitively confirm your sincerity.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
You keep emphasizing this. I haven't seen any specifics on how much they were paid. What are you basing this on?

What is "a bunch"?
NOT PRETENDING TO BE ANY KIND OF AN EXPERT HERE. I'm just presenting my reasoning. I'd love to have anyone with more experience fill me in.

However, I've pitched a couple of reality TV shows. And the deals we were presented with, and were told were "standard for the industry" were structured in a way where you got something like $10,000 for the first season. And then, if the first season was renewed, the salaries would go up much higher. That was your incentive.

If you were signed for another season, that's where agents would come in and negotiate for you.

If the show was a hit from the first season, you could easily be making a minimum of $150,000 the second season if you were a lead.

The thing is, Leah is Leah Remini. She already came with an agent and a manager and 9 seasons of a hit TV comedy which made 100s of millions of dollars lots of people.

So the offers we were made were nothing like the offers Mike and Leah got.

And then they won an Emmy for the first Season.

That's why I'd say Mike made at least $300K for the 2nd season. And who knows what Leah got.

For the third season, I have no idea what happened. They were booked for 13 episodes and only aired 10. And their viewership looked like this:

Scientology and the Aftermath Viewers xlsx (4).png

Last edited:

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Well, you're giving all the correct answers. Unfortunately, there's no way we can definitively confirm your sincerity.

That is correct. All your suspicions are your own.

And they are a waste of time for me to try to address for you.

I do it out of courtesy, and as much respect as I can muster for years of having been an anti-Scientologist.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Just talking about the weird new realities and (perhaps) unintended consequences of Leah Remini's and Mike Rinder's Celebrity Anti-Scientology.

That's allowed on the New ESMB, isn't it?
If "just talking about the weird new realities" and "Celebrity Anti-Scientology" are to be distorted euphemisms for applying "Rules for Radicals" against Leah and Mike then you should expect some pushback.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
NOT PRETENDING TO BE ANY KIND OF AN EXPERT HERE. I'm just presenting my reasoning. I'd love to have anyone with more experience fill me in.

However, I've pitched a couple of reality TV shows. And the deals we were presented with, and were told were "standard for the industry" were structured in a way where you got something like $10,000 for the first season. And then, if the first season was renewed, the salaries would go up much higher. That was your incentive.

If you were signed for another season, that's where agents would come in and negotiate for you.

If the show was a hit from the first season, you could easily be making a minimum of $150,000 the second season if you were a lead.

The thing is, Leah is Leah Remini. She already came with an agent and a manager and 9 seasons of a hit TV comedy which made 100s of millions of dollars lots of people.

So the offers we were made were nothing like the offers Mike and Leah got.

And then they won an Emmy for the first Season.

That's why I'd say Mike made at least $300K for the 2nd season. And who knows what Leah got.

For the third season, I have no idea what happened. They were booked for 13 episodes and only aired 10. And their viewership looked like this:

View attachment 15557
So you don't know. To be honest when making all these assertions you should say that. I would also point out that doing this kind of work means not being able to commit to something else that might be more stable. Maybe Mike will have several down years now and if he was being paid $300k it is meant to offset that kind of inconsistent income. For someone who has a family that isn't a lot of money anymore.

If you make too much to get an Obicare subsidy you can easily pay over 20k per year just for basic health insurance. People who talk about other people making too much money also have a tendency to disregard that a person's income earning years might be short due to accidents or health or recovering from 20+ years in an asset stripping cult. I hope he made millions.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
If "just talking about the weird new realities" and "Celebrity Anti-Scientology" are to be distorted euphemisms for applying "Rules for Radicals" against Leah and Mike then you should expect some pushback.
HH was the first person to pull the "Rules for Radicals" hypothesis idea out of his pants about Alanzo.

You do realize that if you project stuff on to me, that's what you'll see, right?

You have to allow for the Null Hypothesis, TOO.

If you have created in your own mind, a pet hypothesis for why I, Alanzo, is doing what he is doing, and you assign a 100% probability to that pet hypothesis, and a 0% probability to all other possible explanations, you are very likely to fail in figuring out what's going on.

you don't know me.

And even people who do know me - from the phone - have a hard time understanding my motivations. It takes me hours, sometimes, of explaining myself, giving them tons of my history and experiences and my decision making, for them to actually understand.

But to assign any kind of insincerity to me....

That's just not very good observation.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
So you don't know. To be honest when making all these assertions you should say that. I would also point out that doing this kind of work means not being able to commit to something else that might be more stable. Maybe Mike will have several down years now and if he was being paid $300k it is meant to offset that kind of inconsistent income. For someone who has a family that isn't a lot of money anymore.

If you make too much to get an Obicare subsidy you can easily pay over 20k per year just for basic health insurance. People who talk about other people making too much money also have a tendency to disregard that a person's income earning years might be short due to accidents or health or recovering from 20+ years in an asset stripping cult. I hope he made millions.
That's great of you. All acknowledged as true by me.

And how about the Ex-Scientologists who appeared on his show which allowed him to make his salary?

What do you hope for them?

freethinker

Sponsor
What's amazing about the new Celebrity Anti-Scientology is that you appear on TV, you don't get paid, and yet you suffer all the fair game consequences everyone has always suffered for speaking out as an Ex. Probably worse.

The difference now is that Mike and Leah get paid in the 6 to 7 figure range for telling the stories of Ex-Scientologists - the same kinds of stories that used to be told right here on this board for free - and anonymously.

So grok that: The former CO OSA, who ran all fair game on Ex Scientologists for 22 years, now makes a 7 figure income telling those same stories. And each of these Exes make no money on their own stories, and they still get the same fair game.

Celebrity Anti-Scientology: KA-CHING!

Such a Deal!
I think you are more pissed that you aren't in on the 6 and 7 figures than you are about fighting the abuse.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
HH was the first person to pull the "Rules for Radicals" hypothesis idea out of his pants about Alanzo.

You do realize that if you project stuff on to me, that's what you'll see, right?

You have to allow for the Null Hypothesis, TOO.

If you have created in your own mind, a pet hypothesis for why I, Alanzo, is doing what he is doing, and you assign a 100% probability to that pet hypothesis, and a 0% probability to all other possible explanations, you are very likely to fail in figuring out what's going on.

you don't know me.

And even people who do know me - from the phone - have a hard time understanding my motivations. It takes me hours, sometimes, of explaining myself, giving them tons of my history and experiences and my decision making, for them to actually understand.

But to assign any kind of insincerity to me....

That's just not very good observation.
There is something about what you say here that reminds me of this HCOPL. Maybe you should try to be easier to understand, or do you like to make it so people struggle to fill the vacuum?

http://www.wiseoldgoat.com/papers-scientology/hubbard_vs_nwo1-c.html

“There is a natural law at work that unfortunately favors black propaganda.

WHEN THERE IS NO DATA AVAILABLE PEOPLE WILL INVENT IT.

This is the Law of Omitted Data.”

Promotional actions:

“1. Fill the vacuum of omitted data with factual data.

2. Prove all false utterances heard are lies.

3. Discredit every rumor encountered. ...” LRH
(all quotations from HCO PL 21 Nov 72 I “How to Handle Black Propaganda”)

freethinker

Sponsor
I expect OSA would agree that people who are critical of Scientology shouldn't receive any remuneration for their efforts.

One of the first criticisms Scientology levies at critics is they are doing it for money. So if someone speaks out and deliberately doesn't accept money in order to avoid lending credence to this accusation they are now being exploited. Is that your point?

Maybe they consider that by helping Mike and Leah make money that will be used in the larger effort that is satisfactory remuneration.

"Celebrity Anti-Scientology". You toss that around like it's another of Hubbard's many disparagements of sub-cultures included in the Admin or Tech Dictionaries like wog, down-stat, no case gain...

"Celebrity Anti-Scientology": A class of people expressing critical opinions of Scientology in a public venue who don't get paid because they are being exploited by greedy rich Scientology critics.
When you don't have solid explanations for things then create subcultures and behavior trends, stick people in them, and call it a done deal. It's called labeling as an explanation.

Label someone a White Supremacist and it's a done deal. Label them anti Scientology Cult and it's a done deal. Just label it, no need to explain, the label does it all. Don't even define it, just let imaginations run with it and the label does the work.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
There is something about what you say here that reminds me of this HCOPL. Maybe you should try to be easier to understand, or do you like to make it so people struggle to fill the vacuum?

http://www.wiseoldgoat.com/papers-scientology/hubbard_vs_nwo1-c.html

“There is a natural law at work that unfortunately favors black propaganda.

WHEN THERE IS NO DATA AVAILABLE PEOPLE WILL INVENT IT.

This is the Law of Omitted Data.”

Promotional actions:

“1. Fill the vacuum of omitted data with factual data.

2. Prove all false utterances heard are lies.

3. Discredit every rumor encountered. ...” LRH
(all quotations from HCO PL 21 Nov 72 I “How to Handle Black Propaganda”)
What are you projecting on to me now, BigBlue?

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
That's great of you. All acknowledged as true by me.

And how about the Ex-Scientologists who appeared on his show which allowed him to make his salary?

What do you hope for them?
Unlike Scientology - I expect that they were given full disclosure of what it meant to participate and did so without coercion or psychological manipulation.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
When you don't have solid explanations for things then create subcultures and behavior trends, stick people in them, and call it a done deal. It's called labeling as an explanation.

Label someone a White Supremacist and it's a done deal. Label them anti Scientology Cult and it's a done deal. Just label it, no need to explain, the label does it all. Don't even define it, just let imaginations run with it and the label does the work.
Right. I think you and I have discussed this before. I'm not against the use of an accurate descriptive. They are called nouns and adjectives. It's the perversion of the language to serve an agenda or narrative that I am against. We call Scientology a cult. Alanzo doesn't want us to use that. It is supposed to be sub-culture or minority religion. I disagree with that and I associate that kind of behavior with Rules for Radicals. Of course people who use Rules for Radicals to push Alinsky type agendas probably believe those euphemisms much the same way Scientologists believe terms like SP and squirrel. We can argue with them all day long and they will never change their position because they are too invested in the agenda behind the perversion of the language.