What's new

What happened to OCMB?

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
I mentioned in a thread the other day that OCMB was a treasure of "gold" when looking back at attitudes & conduct of people. I found a post that J Swift had made in 2005 disparaging Thomas Kinkade and I posted it. I thought it was funny.

Today I went to continue my browsing and have found that OCMB has been disappeared. GONE. No longer archived. No longer searchable.

Is this a coincidence? I find it hard to believe that seeing that OCMB have been archived (yet searchable) for a few years, but just days after I announce that I'm snooping around, POOF it's gone.

Was it that someone didn't want people to find out what what secrets OCMB might reveal?

Not to worry. I did manage to capture a few screenshots although not as many as I'd liked. I foolishly thought that OCMB would be around for a long time and I could peruse at my leisure.

I'll post what I found in this thread along with as many screenshots as I can.

If anyone can give me an explanation as to why OCMB has been "disappeared" that would be great.

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
Xenu.net is still there. The messageboard part of it "OCMB" is not.
It's been appearing and disappearing for me for a few years now. It also requires frequent password changes and says my current pw isn't valid when I tried to change it. I gave up on the OCMB message board a year or so ago along with most of the posters there.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Xenu.net is still there. The messageboard part of it "OCMB" is not.
The message board is still there (or at least over 6oo lines of computer code are still there anyway) it's just that it needs some attention from someone who knows php. (Definitely NOT me!) ;) <- There is is again.

Last edited:

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Before anyone accuses me if having an agenda, let me just say this - yes you are right. I do have an agenda. J Swift has been a giant pain in my ass since 2005. That's a long time to hold a grudge, but you know...women. I have long believed this guy to be a giant fake and I was finding very interesting evidence of that. Now it's gone. Most of it anyway.

It starts in 28th April 2005. A new poster called Kent Questions Everything appeared on OCMB. It is impossible to screenshot these early posts because they have all been deleted by J Swift on 7th November 2005. Why? The only reason us wannabe historians can know something of these earliest posts is because others have pointed it out and Swift has given his own explanations.

He began with a thread titled "I'm coming out as an ex-Scientologist". The screenshot below shows only the 3rd page of this thread because that's what I had gotten up to reading before OCMB went dark. Fortunately I have this terrible habit of having 100 browser tabs open at any one time and never closing them.

3H7S6qR.png

You can see he says he doesn't know how to communicate with Scientologists or ex Scientologists or in fact be a Scientologist or ex Scientologist. So what does this mean? How can this be when the entire purpose of his thread was to come out as an Ex Scientologist. The deleted posts might have told us something more, but alas they are gone, but all is not lost.

7nxJYyx.png

Ooohh. An Intelligence background. That's interesting.

Last edited:

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Anyone who was on OCMB around 2005 - 2006 will remember Suzanne Marie. She was a Scientologist posting on OCMB. I don't know if her job was to "undress" critics, but she did a great job of it. Not by ridicule, but by simply calling out the BS.

There was an epic thread started by Suzanne Marie called "What is Swifty's Game". It outlines all the contradictory stories J Swift was telling. She pointed out a bunch of inconsistencies with his story. Unfortunately I can't post a link to the thread but I took some screenshots of the early posts.

DjESq5w.png

Here are some snippets of what Suzanne Marie and others had to say about J Swift and his ever changing story.

mj26qck.png

AjxUR0h.png

I wish I had captured a few of Olska's posts. They were pointed out the lies and inconsistencies really well.

o33yNRi.png

Notice the awkward attempt to use Scn lingo in the post above. LOL
S8huwDz.png

ndCJBQI.png

It was clear that a few people weren't buying what he was selling.

Last edited:

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
He may be a "giant fake" but he knows (not) what caused the big bang:

516AnUy5cIL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

"The account of Divine Creation as told in the Bible is an unconvincing old story, a relic from the religious past. Likewise, the modern atheistic claim that the Big Bang just spontaneously happened is equally unconvincing. What we offer in this book is a Third Option, for we describe the event in Infinity that caused the Big Bang. The event that caused the Big Bang is called the Disunification. This book presents Disunification Cosmology. This is the study of the event that caused the Big Bang and its implications for human Consciousness. We introduce several new terms and concepts throughout this work. A glossary is provided in the back of the book containing the definitions of our new terms and concepts. Two examples of terms we in introduce are "Disunification" and "Primal Matter." We use these two terms in a sentence to give you a sense of their meaning: “The Disunification describes the actual event and force that ‘disunified’ the Primal Matter from Infinity and then evolved it into all of the forms, processes, and beings in our Universe.” The Primal Matter and its conversion into everyone and everything in our entire Universe are the key subjects of this book. We are very interested in the Primal Matter particularly as it pertains to Consciousness and your own Soul. This book contains many black-and-white illustrations. A full-color version of this book is also available on Amazon."

About the Author

"Raised a Christian, Jeffrey Augustine lost his faith at age 21 when he was in university studying to be a minister. After losing his faith he began to intensely study and practice Zen Buddhism. One day on a drive into the mountains, Augustine was hit with a bolt out of the blue. He had a staggering insight about the event that caused the Big Bang and its implications for human Consciousness. Augustine had what he describes as a "massive download from Infinity" wherein he saw everything, It took a long time to unfold this download and put it into book form. Along the way, Augustine became a Master Mason and a Knight Templar. A scientific lighting expert by profession, Augustine has worked on lasers, medical devices, UV-C water treatment, and even lighted the prototype of a space vehicle. The author lives in Los Angeles with his wife Karen de la Carriere, an extraordinary woman who was once a very high ranking member of the Church of Scientology. Karen is now an activist who speaks out against the abuses of the Church of Scientology. Jeffrey Augustine is a noted critic of the Church of Scientology who writes online under the pseudonym J. Swift. Augustine's unusually wide bandwidth in spirituality and technology has culminated in What Caused the Big Bang?"

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
J Swift dominated OCMB from 2005 - 2011. Most of his 10203 posts are from this time. He didn't leave OCMB until the end, but had basically slowed to a trickle while he turned to blogging and whatever else.

In early 2010 Swift shows that he is fiercely protective of old time critics like Gerry Armstrong & Arnie Lerma.

tZDHcHr.png

1uW36nZ.png

NdugaY7.png

But then something changed....

Last edited:

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Although still defending old time critics (see above), Swifty had come to soften to Indies.

2ffqmoV.png

PTJBaMA.png

xqwhXvk.png

I guess he met some Indies around 2010 and found them tolerable.

Last edited:

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
J Swift arrived on ESMB 29th October 2011. But now he seemed intent on hunting down any supporters of Gerry & Gerry himself.

ref: http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50grand/introduction.html

Gerry, what did your duties consist of as the Intelligence Officer and the Legal Officer on The Apollo? Did you have any formal Legal or Intelligence training prior to Scientology?

Veda, Gerry has gotten almost 30 years of PR mileage out of Judge Breckenridge's 1984 quote. However, subsequent judges in the Armstrong case have not given this quote any weight whatsoever.

Why?

For example, Marin Superior Court ruled definitively against Gerry in 2007. Why did Judge Duryee dismiss Gerry's motion for an evidentiary hearing?

/////

Do you mean the trip Gerry made to Germany right after Marty Rathbun and Graham Berry were in Germany at the invitation of Ursula Caberta?

BTW, why wasn't Gerry invited to tag along with the big boys on that trip? Is it because Gerry is old news? I mean, how often can people hear the same old story from 1986 about how Gerry's big $800,000 payday was so unfair. :melodramatic:

Oh c'mon Veda! The Cult will never see a penny from Gerry. Gerry has no money because God told him to give it all away so he did. Even Ken Moxon bawwed in court that Gerry is incorrigible in breaking the contract. Gerry basically told the Court to go fuck itself because he has no intention of obeying the $800,000 contract he signed with the Cult.

After it is all boiled down to its essence, Gerry's only penalty is 27 days in the County jail if he enters California. So long as Gerry stays out of CA he is free to travel the world -- as we saw when he recently traveled abroad to bore a small audience of Germans -- and speak out with impunity. I don't get what Gerry's real problem is except of course for the jail sentence. But even that will never happen if he stays out of California.

Gerry certainly hates M&M and the Indies and prattles on at length about how they are liars, crooks, etc. IMO, Gerry hates the fact that the Indies made him old news and took the limelight off him. Gerry was the golden boy of Scientology critics for a long time and now the Media can't get enough of M&M and the Indies. It is hard to be a fading diva.

The Indies break new stories all the time and the Media likes them. Ironically, Gerry needs M&M in order to get any media coverage at all these days:

/////

Veda, I could care less if Gerry broke the contract he signed with the Church of Scientology.

What I care about is that Gerry lies about it and has lied about it for decades.

Gerry attacks LRH, Scientology, the Indies, the courts, and all of his real and imagined enemies as liars - and yet he has spent decades lying about the facts in his case.

Gerry is a pathological liar when it comes to his legal case. He is no different than LRH in this regard.

/////

Some were amazed by the transformation.

I'm just curious, years ago I vaguely recalled J.Swift as an OCMB poster who recognized the cult of Scientology for what it was - an evil, ridiculous con job created by a 3rd rate sci-fi hack with naraccistic and pathological lying tendencies.

When I started reading the boards again J.Swift is a LRH apologist on the bandwagon with the marcabians and all the other hilarious space opera claptrap and the M&M shows biggest rabid fanboy.

At first I thought there must be 2 J.Swifts but now I'm guessing it's either a head injury or a invasion of the body snatchers scenario.

Was JS once a dyed in the wool cultie, finally opened his eyes and became a vocal critic but then was recovered back to the cult mindset via the indies? I just dnt get how anyone can do this type of 180 - except those who were hardcore Scios whose reality was shattered by truth or abuse via the cult but as soon as they can rationalize it (via Martyworld or whatever method) run back into the warm cocoon on Scientology where they once again firmly believe they have the only workable tech in the universe (I.e. Have all the answers) just like all the other religious nut jobs in the world.
However Swift was undeterred.

In his reply to Bunnyskull below, he not only gives his credentials (a photo op), but tries to dox Veda (who has many reasons to remain anonymous and Swift knew that). The post is below. I have redacted the doxing.

Nothing to worry about Bunny Skull. My credentials as a critic remain intact. I was even photographed along with other critics and Indies by the OSA spies at Janet Reitman's recent book signing here in Los Angeles.

I got off the bus at a different station than those critics who will never accept Scientology in any form.

I don't see Indie Scientology as any kind of threat. Gerry and Caroline and other critics do. That is why many of us who are Scientology critics are engaging in an extended debate over Indie Scientology.

I am waiting for <deleted - doxing Veda> to weigh in on the matter of Indie Scientology. AFAIK, there has been no word from <deleted - doxing Veda> since <deleted - doxing Veda>.

/////

It's an interesting thread that one. Go back and have a read.

What happened in 2010?

Last edited:

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
So, we have a guy who introduced himself as a Scientologist, but then said he wasn't one because he can't understand Scientologists or Ex scientologists, but then says he was a Scientologist from 20 years ago, but in that time he was also a christian, a buddhist, a Master Mason, a Knight Templar.

Raised a Christian, Jeffrey Augustine lost his faith at age 21 when he was in university studying to be a minister. After losing his faith he began to intensely study and practice Zen Buddhism. One day on a drive into the mountains, Augustine was hit with a bolt out of the blue. He had a staggering insight about the event that caused the Big Bang and its implications for human Consciousness. Augustine had what he describes as a "massive download from Infinity" wherein he saw everything, It took a long time to unfold this download and put it into book form. Along the way, Augustine became a Master Mason and a Knight Templar. A scientific lighting expert by profession, Augustine has worked on lasers, medical devices, UV-C water treatment, and even lighted the prototype of a space vehicle. The author lives in Los Angeles with his wife Karen de la Carriere, an extraordinary woman who was once a very high ranking member of the Church of Scientology. Karen is now an activist who speaks out against the abuses of the Church of Scientology. Jeffrey Augustine is a noted critic of the Church of Scientology who writes online under the pseudonym J. Swift. Augustine's unusually wide bandwidth in spirituality and technology has culminated in What Caused the Big Bang?"
Also he says he has connections with Law enforcement/intelligence organisations, security clearances etc.

How does one manage to do all this in one lifetime? I feel like I've made that observation before, recently. I'm not sure who it was but it will come to me.

freethinker

Sponsor
Before anyone accuses me if having an agenda, let me just say this - yes you are right. I do have an agenda. J Swift has been a giant pain in my ass since 2005. That's a long time to hold a grudge, but you know...women. I have long believed this guy to be a giant fake and I was finding very interesting evidence of that. Now it's gone. Most of it anyway.

It starts in 28th April 2005. A new poster called Kent Questions Everything appeared on OCMB. It is impossible to screenshot these early posts because they have all been deleted by J Swift on 7th November 2005. Why? The only reason us wannabe historians can know something of these earliest posts is because others have pointed it out and Swift has given his own explanations.

He began with a thread titled "I'm coming out as an ex-Scientologist". The screenshot below shows only the 3rd page of this thread because that's what I had gotten up to reading before OCMB went dark. Fortunately I have this terrible habit of having 100 browser tabs open at any one time and never closing them.

3H7S6qR.png

You can see he says he doesn't know how to communicate with or be either Scientologists or ex Scientologists so what does this mean? How can this be when the entire purpose of his thread was to come out as an Ex Scientologist. The deleted posts might have told us something more, but alas they are gone, but all is not lost.

7nxJYyx.png

Ooohh. An Intelligence background. That's interesting.
You're not the only one who has multi tab syndrome.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Swift's "defence" on OCMB was that he was writing a book. That was the fall back excuse - a book about the evils of Scientology. That was the reason for the inconsistencies. Where is the book?

His actual book "What Caused the Big Bang?: Consciousness and Enlightenment in the Internet Age and Beyond" was published in 2013. Where is the book on Scientology Jeffrey?

How does a person go from Scientologist/Ex Scientologist, to a never in, to a Scientologist, to rabid critic, to an Indi/Tech supporter, to a rabic critic? Has it got something to do with which way the wind is blowing?

So I echo Suzanne Marie's question, from 2006 - "What is Swifty's Game?"

freethinker

Sponsor
Swift's "defence" on OCMB was that he was writing a book. That was the fall back excuse - a book about the evils of Scientology. That was the reason for the inconsistencies. Where is the book?

His actual book "What Caused the Big Bang?: Consciousness and Enlightenment in the Internet Age and Beyond" was published in 2013. Where is the book on Scientology Jeffrey?

How does a person go from Scientologist/Ex Scientologist, to a never in, to a Scientologist, to rabid critic, to an Indi/Tech supporter, to a rabic critic? Has it got something to do with which way the wind is blowing?

So I echo Suzanne Marie's question, from 2006 - "What is Swifty's Game?"
The answer is they worked for the government, and probably still do.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Be prepared for some serious "Emma/Michelle" DA material to be floating around the interwebs. Fortunately I haven't lied about my OSA involvement, my time in Scientology, the fair gaming that I have been exposed to. It will come in the form of "Emma said this" , "Emma said that". If you want the truth of what I actually said, please ask. I will tell you the truth.