What's new

Is Danny Elfman a scientologist? And question about it in industry

Venus

Patron
Back to the Oingo Elfman topic (I know I probably sound annoying now. LOL)
so how does one like Danny...if he isnt really a Scientologist.. manage to still be able to be on good terms with his brother and bodhi?
Or is that only the non scientologists that speak out publicly against the ideology?
In general was always confused about that about scientology. I thought most had to disconnect from any non practicing ones .

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Back to the Oingo Elfman topic (I know I probably sound annoying now. LOL)
so how does one like Danny...if he isnt really a Scientologist.. manage to still be able to be on good terms with his brother and bodhi?
Or is that only the non scientologists that speak out publicly against the ideology?
In general was always confused about that about scientology. I thought most had to disconnect from any non practicing ones .
A rank-and-file Scientologist, still in, is supposed to disconnect from an ex declared a "Suppressive Person," an SP. This is designed to prevent the SP spreading disaffection (i.e., the truth), in the ranks. With celebrities, they tend to get a free pass as long as they keep quiet about it.

A never-in, like Danny, is not affected by this. Scientologists are not forbidden from communicating to non-Scios, as long as the non-Scios don't make waves.

Paul

Flur

Patron
Danny Elfman is not Bodhi's brother, he is the son of Rick Elfman Rick started the Mystic Knights of the Oingo Boingo. He left the group in 1979 when his brother Danny took over the creative control of the group. Rick is a Scientologist. Danny is not.

Venus

Patron
Danny Elfman is not Bodhi's brother, he is the son of Rick Elfman Rick started the Mystic Knights of the Oingo Boingo. He left the group in 1979 when his brother Danny took over the creative control of the group. Rick is a Scientologist. Danny is not.

I know that. About Bodhi being Richard's son. And Richard being Dannys brother.
And Jenna is married to Bodhi...

Was just wondering if theres ever been official, legit answer regarding if Danny's one ..given he never ever talks about it and everything I've seen regarding hes not is just based on fact hes said in the past he was/is an atheist. But again, as we all know..atheists can be scientologists.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
OK, sorry. How is Bodhi related to Danny then?

Venus

Patron
A rank-and-file Scientologist, still in, is supposed to disconnect from an ex declared a "Suppressive Person," an SP. This is designed to prevent the SP spreading disaffection (i.e., the truth), in the ranks. With celebrities, they tend to get a free pass as long as they keep quiet about it.

A never-in, like Danny, is not affected by this. Scientologists are not forbidden from communicating to non-Scios, as long as the non-Scios don't make waves.

Paul

Ohhhhhh
OK, sorry. How is Bodhi related to Danny then?

Hes his nephew!
Richard is Danny's brother and bodhi is Richard's kid.

Venus

Patron

Ha! Thought you were referring to me but see it was what Alonzo originally said. I hadn't noticed that until I just scrolled back.

Also..in a Tony Ortega blog he had an interview up from somebody, I forgot who, where it me thinks Mystic Knights, in early days, was used as a "front" for proselytizing Scientology and used a booking company that was a part of all that? Assuming this was just due to Richard?

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
I know that. About Bodhi being Richard's son. And Richard being Dannys brother.
And Jenna is married to Bodhi...

Was just wondering if theres ever been official, legit answer regarding if Danny's one ..given he never ever talks about it and everything I've seen regarding hes not is just based on fact hes said in the past he was/is an atheist. But again, as we all know..atheists can be scientologists.
Atheists used Scientology's claim to be a religion against them in this case:

Atheists Commend LAPD for Removal of Massive Scientology Display from Department
AUGUST 29, 2018 AMERICAN ATHEISTS LEGAL

Los Angeles, CA—Following a demand letter from the American Atheists Legal Center, the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) Hollywood Community Police Station has removed from its lobby a large kiosk promoting the Church of Scientology....

“When a massive display promoting a particular religious viewpoint appears in a police station, that is immediately cause for concern,” said Geoffrey T. Blackwell, staff attorney for American Atheists. “We’re pleased that the Los Angeles Board of Police Commissioners took immediate action to resolve this issue. A police facility is where crime victims go in times of acute emotional distress. Not only it is beyond inappropriate for them to encounter a church’s recruitment campaign, it’s unconstitutional as well. People depend on the police for real-world assistance, not religious endorsements.”

American Atheists was first made aware of the interactive kiosk—which featured a large video screen, an interactive touch panel, and free publications produced by the Church of Scientology—when a local resident contacted the organization with their concerns.

An August 13 letter from American Atheists, sent to Los Angeles Police Commission President Steve Soboroff, explained that the display violated the Establishment Clause of the U.S. Constitution and demanded that the display, along with any others like it in the Department, be removed. In addition, American Atheists requested all public records from the Department related to the installation, placement, and maintenance of the display.

The display was removed within 48 hours of the letter. However, in response to American Atheists’ record request, the Department stated it was unable to identify any documents or records related to the display in its possession.

“I’m grateful to the LAPD for resolving this situation quickly and correctly,” said the complainant, who wishes to remain anonymous. “The LAPD is supposed to ‘protect and serve’ the community, not be used as a tool to promote religion.”

https://www.atheists.org/2018/08/lapd-scientology/

Last edited:

Venus

Patron
Atheists Commend LAPD for Removal of Massive Scientology Display from Department
AUGUST 29, 2018 AMERICAN ATHEISTS LEGAL

Los Angeles, CA—Following a demand letter from the American Atheists Legal Center, the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) Hollywood Community Police Station has removed from its lobby a large kiosk promoting the Church of Scientology....

“When a massive display promoting a particular religious viewpoint appears in a police station, that is immediately cause for concern,” said Geoffrey T. Blackwell, staff attorney for American Atheists. “We’re pleased that the Los Angeles Board of Police Commissioners took immediate action to resolve this issue. A police facility is where crime victims go in times of acute emotional distress. Not only it is beyond inappropriate for them to encounter a church’s recruitment campaign, it’s unconstitutional as well. People depend on the police for real-world assistance, not religious endorsements.”

American Atheists was first made aware of the interactive kiosk—which featured a large video screen, an interactive touch panel, and free publications produced by the Church of Scientology—when a local resident contacted the organization with their concerns.

An August 13 letter from American Atheists, sent to Los Angeles Police Commission President Steve Soboroff, explained that the display violated the Establishment Clause of the U.S. Constitution and demanded that the display, along with any others like it in the Department, be removed. In addition, American Atheists requested all public records from the Department related to the installation, placement, and maintenance of the display.

The display was removed within 48 hours of the letter. However, in response to American Atheists’ record request, the Department stated it was unable to identify any documents or records related to the display in its possession.

“I’m grateful to the LAPD for resolving this situation quickly and correctly,” said the complainant, who wishes to remain anonymous. “The LAPD is supposed to ‘protect and serve’ the community, not be used as a tool to promote religion.”

https://www.atheists.org/2018/08/lapd-scientology/

HAHAHAHA! WOW that is one hell of an obnoxious dick move by the Scientologists.
At a police station????? Really? What next, hospitals, too?? Any religion or anything like it that does something like that is a dick move.

But still... scientologists can be athiest, too. Or so I was told by some scientologists and had read. But I guess less prevalent then..?

Veda

Sponsor
"...the department stated it was unable to identity any documents or records related to the display..."

What a lie.

Scientology's corrupting and infiltration of the LAPD is a scandal.

No doubt, Scientology Inc. is breathing a sigh of relief that the atheists who, typically, see Scientology Inc. as a religion - and plug it as such, thus, indirectly helping to polish Scientology's "religion angle" - were content with their victory, and are not perusing any further the inquiry as to how the kiosk came to be placed in LAPD's lobby.

maxresdefault.jpg

Oops! How did that get there? We know nothing!​

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
HAHAHAHA! WOW that is one hell of an obnoxious dick move by the Scientologists.
At a police station????? Really? What next, hospitals, too?? Any religion or anything like it that does something like that is a dick move.

But still... scientologists can be athiest, too. Or so I was told by some scientologists and had read. But I guess less prevalent then..?
The word atheist has a negative connotation with many people so Scientology might not like a Scientologist saying they were.

You can be anything and be a Scientologist if you have good PR value and or lots of money. Child molesters, rapists etc.:

1.48902_image.jpg

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
"...the department stated it was unable to identity any documents or records related to the display..."

What a lie.

No doubt, Scientology Inc. is breathing a sigh of relief that the atheists who, typically, see Scientology Inc. as a religion - and plug it as such, thus, indirectly helping to polish Scientology's "religion angle" - were content with their victory, and are not perusing any further the inquiry as to how the kiosk came to be placed in LAPD's lobby.

maxresdefault.jpg

I didn't see a long line of "real" religions opposing Scientology and The LAPD doing this^.

Last edited:

Veda

Sponsor
I didn't see a long line of "real" religions opposing Scientology and The Hollywood Police Department doing this^.
If the image is accurate it looks like a bunch of front groups.

United for Human Rights.

Youth for Human Rights.

Way to Happiness.

All these are presented as secular with the connection to Scientology being hidden.

Would like to see the paperwork they're hiding.

Flur

Patron
I can't tell you definitively after 2012, but before that he wasn't and I am pretty sure he isn't now. Blossom, the mother of Danny and Rick, was involved in the early 2000's. She still may be.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I can't tell you definitively after 2012, but before that he wasn't and I am pretty sure he isn't now. Blossom, the mother of Danny and Rick, was involved in the early 2000's. She still may be.
Thank you, Flur. I'm an imperfect messenger here.

Venus

Patron

Ohhh..so that's how Richard got into it?
I always wondered.
Their mom died not that long ago, though. :(
Did you have a connection to them then? Just wondering how you knew all that.

Venus

Patron
The word atheist has a negative connotation with many people so Scientology might not like a Scientologist saying they were.

You can be anything and be a Scientologist if you have good PR value and or lots of money. Child molesters, rapists etc.:

1.48902_image.jpg

Ugh. Hes f***g insane. Always got a bad vibe about him...

Venus

Patron

What a lie.

maxresdefault.jpg

Yikes