What's new

Isaac Hayes given the shaft

triumph

Silver Meritorious Patron
Showbiz 411
“Shaft” Gives the Shaft to Oscar-Winning Composer, R&B Hero Isaac Hayes, Leaves Out Famous Music from New Film

The producers of the new movie, says Isaac’s son Isaac Hayes III on social media, refused to make a deal with him. This sounds a lot like what happened last year to the miserable reboot of “Superfly” without Curtis Mayfield’s signature score. You can hear what he has to say here:

snippet:
Isaac Hayes was a musical genius, but he suffered financially when he was alive. For most of his career, he lost the rights to his songs in bankruptcy. He was co-opted by Scientology, which in the end ruined his career and added to his ailing health.

by Roger Friedman - June 13, 2019, 2:22 pm
https://www.showbiz411.com/2019/06/...to-oscar-winning-composer-rb-hero-isaac-hayes

8YAVvoj.png

Isaac Hayes III on SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/isaachayes1/how-does-a-shaft-soundtrack-get-made-without-isaac-hayes

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
Just asking for a friend here :p ; How old do you have to be before you're supposed to stop finding it funny to say, "He's a constipated man" instead of, "He's a complicated man?"

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Just asking for a friend here :p ; How old do you have to be before you're supposed to stop finding it funny to say, "He's a constipated man" instead of, "He's a complicated man?"
Psyllium works for me (Yes, I know, too much information).

It also apparently has lowered my cholesterol level as a bonus.

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
Psyllium works for me (Yes, I know, too much information).

It also apparently has lowered my cholesterol level as a bonus.
Thanks Enthetan. I use one called Normacol (probably too much information as well), but yes I've seen psyllium recommended. There was one I tried where I didn't like the somedwhat slimy texture (and that might have been it).

Anyway, back to my Isaac Hayes clip; wasn't that band tight? They must have rehearsed that one every way come Sunday; everyone in the band knew exactly what to do and when. (I also noticed the shape Isaac made with his hands when he sang "his woman" :) ).

I've just found the setlist for that show (at the Glastonbury music festival in England in 2002) in case anyone's interested;

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/isaac-hayes/2002/worthy-farm-pilton-england-bcbeda6.html

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Thanks Enthetan. I use one called Normacol (probably too much information as well), but yes I've seen psyllium recommended. There was one I tried where I didn't like the somedwhat slimy texture (and that might have been it).
I use capsules. No taste or texture issues.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Anyway, back to my Isaac Hayes clip; wasn't that band tight? They must have rehearsed that one every way come Sunday; everyone in the band knew exactly what to do and when. (I also noticed the shape Isaac made with his hands when he sang "his woman" :) ).
Yes, they were very tight, and they were having lots of fun.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Anyway, back to my Isaac Hayes clip; [bcolor=#ffff00]wasn't that band tight[/bcolor]? They must have rehearsed that one every way come Sunday; everyone in the band knew exactly what to do and when. (I also noticed the shape Isaac made with his hands when he sang "his woman" :) ).
Oh boy! Yeah! Tighternamotherf****r!