What's new

I heard a rumour.....

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
:rubeyes:

Oh noooooo ... I've just this second bought an anorak for my new trainspotting hobby.

I had my whole miserable future planned out.

Bring it on!

:party::party::party:

He-man

Hero extraordinary
Very exciting rumours!!!

Please convince whoever's in charge to nick the emoticons from esmb!

The_Fixer

Class Clown
:rubeyes:

Oh noooooo ... I've just this second bought an anorak for my new trainspotting hobby.

I had my whole miserable future planned out.

Bring it on!

:party::party::party:
Well my dear, you will just have to wear it whilst you are typing!

You can watch the trains driving by underneath your address bar up above...

Best of both worlds.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
I don't know if it's true but I heard something.....

I heard that a new board is being built - like right now!

I heard that it's going to be just like ESMB!

I heard I'm helping to set it up!

It's just a rumour though.
Well, I had heard a rumour that this was true and I'm very glad it is. There are loads of apps that come as part of my website-hosting package, and one of them is a BB (actually there are four or five to choose from) so , because I'd already paid for it and wasn't using it, I installed one on my server (XMB it's called) just in case the worst came to the very worst. It looks very much like it's going to be redundant and I'm relieved about that, running a bulletin board is definitely NOT on my bucket list!

You and I were talking about the database and PM's and stuff, and the whole exercise has been extremely enlightening from my point of view. I can now see how the whole thing hangs together since I'm the SuperAdmin. It's written in php and not perl* which is a bit of a bummer from my point of view as a programmer, but I've learned a hell of a lot having access to all the software and configuration files.

Bring it on! :biggrin:

*Perl 5 is used for system administration, network programming, finance, bioinformatics, and other applications, such as for GUIs. It has been nicknamed "the Swiss Army chainsaw of scripting languages" because of its flexibility and power, and also its ugliness. In 1998, it was also referred to as the "duct tape that holds the Internet together," in reference to both its ubiquitous use as a glue language and its perceived inelegance.

Last edited: