What's new

Time to say goodbye

Free Being Me

Crusader
If you all want HH to post then you have to post his favorite fast food t.v. commercial (see above) giving him some incentive. I reactivated the Nefarious Cabal to obtain this vital information. Several operatives died laughing (who knew HH booby trapped his house with joke bombs?) so all of you could enjoy this video too.

Dotey OT

Cyclops Duck of the North - BEWARE
Alright, so here is what I think:

Someone that has been here all along, comb through the entirety of the content of ESMB. Categorize, what-everize the best stories. Beginners to advanced, basic cultdum to advanced cultdom. Put it in book form. I'll buy ten right now. I'll mail the god damned things to the people that I think should get out that are still in. They get thrown away I don't care, because I will read it and GET GAINS from reading it!!

And, by the way, it needs to go on anyway.

Dotey OT

Cyclops Duck of the North - BEWARE
And I like how it says "Ignored Member" as the last poster of the most recent threads. That's one member I would like to ignore. But the weirdness in this post depends on your definition of "member"!!!!;)

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
This is staggering and worrying news ... I fear for the likes of Just Sheila and I Told You I Was Trouble.

These poor, damaged, socially inept wretches cannot function in the 'real world' this place is their LIFE.

I fear they are DOOMED without it.

Thank you very much for your concern but worry not. I have decided to take up a very socially stimulating hobby known as trainspotting to replace ESMB when that terrible day arrives at the end of this month and I have invited @JustSheila to join me. She hasn't actually confirmed her interest yet but I'm sure she will when she stops crying and blubbering in the corner ... the poor, sad, socially inept wretch.

I still have to buy an anorak, some fingerless gloves and a wooly hat with a bobble on the top but I have already been out and purchased a little notebook and two biros (I thought it best to buy two in case one runs out of ink at a vital moment ... I'm not as daft as I look).

I'm currently hard at work practicing staring at the tracks for hours on end and saying "there's one, there's another one, oooh look, here comes another one" while carefully jotting down each and every serial number without dropping my pen on the line (that bit is very important as you can imagine).

It's not quite as stimulating as I thought it would be but I think it's better than basket weaving or stamp collecting though they do have some definite advantages and I may have to reconsider.

Now, where's that smiley I like to use for special newbies (noooooo, not THAT one!).

This one.

:welcome:

freethinker

Sponsor
If that were truly HH, which I doubt, he would hop over here and say goodbye to his fans of whom he has many. He couldn't resist getting in one last post. I can understand that he is off sulking because his words were edited by the Mother of ESMB - he has long claimed to be a film writer, and if anything there is that I know about film writers - they hate being edited or taking notes, so I understand his pique.

The first time he blew ESMB - he swore it was forever, but a month or so later, he popped up, and soon it was just like old times.

Do any of you recall him posting on Tony's before? I can't say I read the comments there much, and I have never seen him post there. I do hope the word gets out to the past posters like Gadfly and the many others that used to post here that they can get in their last 2 cents.

Mimsey
Yeah, you're probably right, it just couldn't be him.

What I want to know though is who hacked his account.

Tanchi

Patron with Honors
If that were truly HH, which I doubt, he would hop over here and say goodbye to his fans of whom he has many. He couldn't resist getting in one last post. I can understand that he is off sulking because his words were edited by the Mother of ESMB - he has long claimed to be a film writer, and if anything there is that I know about film writers - they hate being edited or taking notes, so I understand his pique.

The first time he blew ESMB - he swore it was forever, but a month or so later, he popped up, and soon it was just like old times.

Do any of you recall him posting on Tony's before? I can't say I read the comments there much, and I have never seen him post there. I do hope the word gets out to the past posters like Gadfly and the many others that used to post here that they can get in their last 2 cents.

Mimsey
I have seen him post there once or twice before

Glenda

Crusader
Thank you very much for your concern but worry not. I have decided to take up a very socially stimulating hobby known as trainspotting to replace ESMB when that terrible day arrives at the end of this month and I have invited @JustSheila to join me. She hasn't actually confirmed her interest yet but I'm sure she will when she stops crying and blubbering in the corner ... the poor, sad, socially inept wretch.

I still have to buy an anorak, some fingerless gloves and a wooly hat with a bobble on the top but I have already been out and purchased a little notebook and two biros (I thought it best to buy two in case one runs out of ink at a vital moment ... I'm not as daft as I look).

I'm hard at work practicing staring at the tracks for hours on end and saying "there's one, there's another one, oooh look, here comes another one" while carefully jotting down each and every serial number without dropping my pen on the line (that bit is very important as you can imagine).

It's not quite as stimulating as I thought it would be but I think it's better than basket weaving or stamp collecting (though they do have some definite advantages and I may have to reconsider).

Now, where's that smiley I like to use for special newbies (noooooo, not THAT one!).

This one.

:welcome:
Just a quick note as I have a lot of catch-up reading to do on ESMB. I had to do a bit of laundry today and this has interfered with my usual full-time quota on ESMB. Life sucks sometimes eh.

On the wooly hat for your new exciting adventure, I probably have one hidden in my stuff. I rarely, if ever, attend to matters in my private life so haven't a clue what stuff I may have hidden in boxes, drawers, etc. I'll allocate a few minutes of ESMB time to have a bit of a look for a wooly hat. Is the bobble thing on top essential? Reason I ask is I plan to take up some sort of craft once ESMB goes archive-only. I may have a bobble-free hat and would be happy to attach a bobble on it for you.

p.s. basket weaving may not be an option for you but have you thought about macrame? You can make such lovely things e.g. plant hangers, and then give them to friends as gifts. It may be a way to help you make some real life friends. Or not. lol.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Hold the bus! I've just received a message for us all from @HelluvaHoax!

It is genuinely from him as was the previous message over at the Underground Bunker.

:yes:

“Hey, ITYIWT, I send greetings and love to all my good friends at ESMB and enjoy reading the many smart, funny, informative and brilliant posts of so many whom I admire there. I already mentioned to you that I did not rage-quit because of one word of one of my posts being censored, LOL. I didn’t say more then or now because I love my friends there and don’t want the board to become about me or any grandstanding crusades. And I certainly don’t expect that just because I don’t post on one website I won’t see them and enjoy my friends’ wonderful company again in other places on the vast internet. So, as always, I loved being part of it all and cherish the great people I was fortunate to meet there. I didn’t go nowhere, no-how. I remain “on this planet” (LOL) Love, hh.”

Freethinker:
"Yeah, you're probably right, it just couldn't be him.
What I want to know though is who hacked his account."

Come on - he's an attention hound - How many thousands and thousands of posts as he made here? He's still having a hissy fit? And he's going to ser fac us? His loving admirers? As-if. Sulking? Ppppp. Seriously - he's still being petulant?

Hey - if you are the real HH - I have something to tell you:

Rupert Sheldrake has a new book!!!!

Seven Spiritual Practices in a Scientific Age
Out Now in the US & Canada
The e-book and audio book, read by Rupert, are out now in North America. You may also pre-order the paperback, due out in September.
To Go Beyond is to move into a place of bliss, greater understanding, love and deep connectedness, a realm where we finally find life’s meaning, experiences for which all spiritual seekers seek.

ways-to-go-beyond.png

Sheldrake_800x800-800x720.jpg

Rupert Sheldrake, PhD, is a biologist and author best known for his hypothesis of morphic resonance. At Cambridge University he worked in developmental biology as a Fellow of Clare College. He was Principal Plant Physiologist at the International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics in Hyderabad, India. From 2005 to 2010 he was Director of the Perrott-Warrick project for research on unexplained human and animal abilities, funded by Trinity College, Cambridge.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Just a quick note as I have a lot of catch-up reading to do on ESMB. I had to do a bit of laundry today and this has interfered with my usual full-time quota on ESMB. Life sucks sometimes eh.

On the wooly hat for your new exciting adventure, I probably have one hidden in my stuff. I rarely, if ever, attend to matters in my private life so haven't a clue what stuff I may have hidden in boxes, drawers, etc. I'll allocate a few minutes of ESMB time to have a bit of a look for a wooly hat. Is the bobble thing on top essential? Reason I ask is I plan to take up some sort of craft once ESMB goes archive-only. I may have a bobble-free hat and would be happy to attach a bobble on it for you.

p.s. basket weaving may not be an option for you but have you thought about macrame? You can make such lovely things e.g. plant hangers, and then give them to friends as gifts. It may be a way to help you make some real life friends. Or not. lol.

Well, I would prefer a proper authentic bobble really but I could always cut one off one of my tea cosies and attach it with a stapler, I have a fascinating collection of those (hah! apparently I'm not as boring as 'some' people think!).

You are right about basket weaving though ... all that straw measuring and fiddling about would be too much for my feeble brain. I think macrame might be a bit taxing too but thanks for the suggestion ... keep em coming please, things could get desperate in the coming future.

Glenda

Crusader
Well, I would prefer a proper authentic bobble really but I could always cut one off one of my tea cosies and attach it with a stapler, I have a fascinating collection of those (hah! apparently I'm not as boring as 'some' people think!).

You are right about basket weaving though ... all that straw measuring and fiddling about would be too much for my feeble brain. I think macrame might be a bit taxing too but thanks for the suggestion ... keep em coming please, things could get desperate in the coming future.
Okay. Good. I got that. Right. Okay.

What about paper-making? You could make your own paper, then get a few clipboards and voila - you could start a cult religion. This could really work out for you ITYIW. Think about it. You'd get to make friends in the real world, and some money too.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Okay. Good. I got that. Right. Okay.

What about paper-making? You could make your own paper, then get a few clipboards and voila - you could start a cult religion. This could really work out for you ITYIWT. Think about it. You'd get to make friends in the real world, and some money too.

Don't want any real life friends!

Don't want!

I like my tiny little world just as it is.

:tobed:

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
HelluvaHoax wrote:

“... I send greetings and love to all my good friends at ESMB and enjoy reading the many smart, funny, informative and brilliant posts of so many whom I admire there. I already mentioned to you that I did not rage-quit because of one word of one of my posts being censored, LOL....

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Freethinker:
"Yeah, you're probably right, it just couldn't be him.
What I want to know though is who hacked his account."

Come on - he's an attention hound - How many thousands and thousands of posts as he made here? He's still having a hissy fit? And he's going to ser fac us? His loving admirers? As-if. Sulking? Ppppp. Seriously - he's still being petulant?

Hey - if you are the real HH - I have something to tell you:

Rupert Sheldrake has a new book!!!!

Seven Spiritual Practices in a Scientific Age
Out Now in the US & Canada
The e-book and audio book, read by Rupert, are out now in North America. You may also pre-order the paperback, due out in September.
To Go Beyond is to move into a place of bliss, greater understanding, love and deep connectedness, a realm where we finally find life’s meaning, experiences for which all spiritual seekers seek.

ways-to-go-beyond.png

Sheldrake_800x800-800x720.jpg

Rupert Sheldrake, PhD, is a biologist and author best known for his hypothesis of morphic resonance. At Cambridge University he worked in developmental biology as a Fellow of Clare College. He was Principal Plant Physiologist at the International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics in Hyderabad, India. From 2005 to 2010 he was Director of the Perrott-Warrick project for research on unexplained human and animal abilities, funded by Trinity College, Cambridge.
I'm really getting into Rupert Sheldrake. He has made me rethink my atheism.

Reasonable Lady

Patron with Honors
Thank you Emma for all of your time and work, I am grateful for everything that you have done.
I think that Dulloldfart said it best on The Underground Bunker when he was talking about what he will remember most about ESMB “ …the real-time bantering between the only people on Earth who could truly understand the exy reality.” For me add to that the occasional news about the Boston org or their former staff or public. I also enjoyed reading about the stellar work that Anonymous did with their picketing of orgs and events, kudos to all of them! Alas I don’t remember why we all went pink for a while, but I am sure that the reason was worthy. Thank you again Emma.

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
Thank you Emma for all of your time and work, I am grateful for everything that you have done.
I think that Dulloldfart said it best on The Underground Bunker when he was talking about what he will remember most about ESMB “ …the real-time bantering between the only people on Earth who could truly understand the exy reality.” For me add to that the occasional news about the Boston org or their former staff or public. I also enjoyed reading about the stellar work that Anonymous did with their picketing of orgs and events, kudos to all of them! Alas I don’t remember why we all went pink for a while, but I am sure that the reason was worthy. Thank you again Emma.
And then there was the brief time all our avatars were replaced with same OSA bot. LOL