What's new

"You have zero effect"

He-man

Hero extraordinary
Wazza thread bump?
That's when you "reply" to a thread and it instantly go to the top of unread/new threads.

It's a way to keep people seeing this particular thread when they look for what they wanna read next.

It's a forum, google it's most common functions and nomenclature and you'll get the picture. :)

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thread bump brings it back to the top. As people post/start threads, the others drop down the page/s. Bumping it brings it back to the top. :cool:

Zertel

Patron
Thread bump brings it back to the top. As people post/start threads, the others drop down the page/s. Bumping it brings it back to the top. :cool:
Thank you and He-man for the explanation. I'm new to disqus and figuring things out. I was getting emails from you so I didn't know if I screwed something up. :eek: (There - I just worked a smiley)

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Emails from me? I haven't sent you any messages.

Edit add: Maybe you are getting notification of me clicking an icon on your posts? Right hand corner. Click on one and that person will get a notification of it. I just clicked the star "Thanks" icon on above post by you. Is that what you mean?

Free Being Me

Crusader
iu

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
You mean you got notification that I gave/clicked an 'icon' on lower right of your post/s - right? I have never messaged you. You get notifications on the 'bell' above top of page right, of people clicking an icon on your posts, or when one of your posts is 'quoted'. Again, I have clicked on the 'star' on your post above, saying Thanks. That will show up as an icon on the 'bell' above right, at the top of this page.

Edit add: Oh BTW, you won't see the icons on YOUR posts, only on others posts. You click on other peoples posts, not your own. I guess I should have explained that before . . .