What's new

Stonelands

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Rufus was ASR then had a spell as a Reg with Hazel. I think it was when Peter moved to the G.O. In the late 70's. I was ASR in the basement then went to work as a reg for a couple of weeks. I hated it. Then went to work in NOTs when it opened. I then ended up back in Addresso. I didn't mind working in addresso as it kept me out of the line of fire. I wonder what became of Rufus, Peter and Hazel.

Thanks. When I visited SH around 2002 Peter was still there, Div 6 reg or something. Not sure about Hazel. Flag? Although maybe that was her daughter, Peta.

Paul

michaelangelo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks. When I visited SH around 2002 Peter was still there, Div 6 reg or something. Not sure about Hazel. Flag? Although maybe that was her daughter, Peta.

Paul
I did see Hazel with her daughter and a baby. Late eighties or early nineties. I took a trip to East Grinstead one Saturday. They were in the WIMPY bar but they did not speak to me. I was persona non grata.
I used to visit Alf Wilson near Crawley in the early nineties. He was in sheltered accomodation. But I think he is no longer around.
Does anyone know what became of Gavin Stot from FOLO ?. last time I saw him he was out of the S.O and living in East Grinstead.
Also Nicola Raynor is she still at the Hill I wonder ?.

Last edited:

solo

Patron with Honors

Paul

Hazel was still at St Hill just a few years ago, still a reg I think. Peta is public and living in East Grinstead.

michaelangelo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks Paul!

A further memory of Roger Power in the Reg Office - ring any bells? Probably prior to Rufus Price?
I thought that Roger Power was a case supervisor. Is it the same guy whose wife was a NOTS auditor?. Or was that John Bellmaine ?.

michaelangelo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Does anyone remember Paul Bennett? He was the funniest person at Stonelands (some time between 1974 and 1980), told jokes all the time. Somehow he ended up in the SO with two little children, and I think he worked in Div 2. Anyway, when he left he told me he was going back out into the world to become a stand-up comedian. I guess life was too serious at Stonelands. I've often wondered what happened!

Solo
I think that Paul passed away from cancer. Christine is on F.B somewhere.

michaelangelo

Gold Meritorious Patron
What became of the one armed C.O of AOSH UK in the 70's (her name escapes me) and her cigar smoking American husband who was a reg.
I just remembered her name, Anne Glushakow ?.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
What became of the one armed C.O of AOSH UK in the 70's (her name escapes me) and her cigar smoking American husband who was a reg.
I just remembered her name, Anne Glushakow ?.
Jesus, all the names from my past - Stonelands, Roger Power, John Bellmaine, Anne Glushakow (Her husban'ds name was Bruce btw). Bruce and Anne came to London Org on a SO mission one time. They weren't bad, not as horrendous as some missions I've read about here.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Jesus, all the names from my past - Stonelands, Roger Power, John Bellmaine, Anne Glushakow (Her husban'ds name was Bruce btw). Bruce and Anne came to London Org on a SO mission one time. They weren't bad, not as horrendous as some missions I've read about here.
I thought that Roger Power was a case supervisor. Is it the same guy whose wife was a NOTS auditor?. Or was that John Bellmaine ?.
Roger Power was a recruiter, and Treas Sec early 70s. John Bellmaine was married to Vanessa. Vanessa did the Class VIII course in my courseroom, which is not as impressive regarding me as it sounds. AFAIK she was never in the SO. Vanessa a few years ago was the ED of an LA mission (Beverly Hills?), got Comm Eved gruesomely for being creative and making the mission successful by actually auditing public.

Ann got to be a Class XII at FSO. She was missing a hand, not an arm. Dunno how that happened. She was a nice person while C/Sing at AOSHUK, and later got strong-armed into being CO for a year maybe (70s). Bruce was a dick, held posts at AOSHUK like Chief Officer mid-70s, dunno what he did at FSO.

Paul

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Names from my past too Stratty.
I'm pretty sure the Bellmaines came back to Australia.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Roger Power was a recruiter, and Treas Sec early 70s. John Bellmaine was married to Vanessa. Vanessa did the Class VIII course in my courseroom, which is not as impressive regarding me as it sounds. AFAIK she was never in the SO. Vanessa a few years ago was the ED of an LA mission (Beverly Hills?), got Comm Eved gruesomely for being creative and making the mission successful by actually auditing public.

Ann got to be a Class XII at FSO. She was missing a hand, not an arm. Dunno how that happened. She was a nice person while C/Sing at AOSHUK, and later got strong-armed into being CO for a year maybe (70s). Bruce was a dick, held posts at AOSHUK like Chief Officer mid-70s, dunno what he did at FSO.

Paul
Yes, an enduring image of Anne G. I have in my mind is of her with PC folders pressed against her body by her handless arm.

Old Bruce wasn't so bad, at least he was always courteous to me whenever we had any dealings, and the same went for Anne.

michaelangelo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yes Anne Glushakow was nice. Bruce was quite pleasant. I went with him to pick up an elderly man he'd recruited for the S.O. Some old bloke called Godfrey. He soulden't have been recruited really. Diden't last long untill he was offloaded.