What's new

I love Scientology

egghead

Patron
Hey I'm a current Scientologist and I was hoping to have a stimulating conversation of why someone would think Scientology is so bad. I'm not looking to degrade or disrespect another's views so I would appreciate the same courtesy. I'll probably disagree with your viewpoints but I'm still open enough to have a great conversation/debate over it. We'll see how this works out. Cheers.

asagai

Patron Meritorious
Welcome Egghead!

Are you a Scientologist in good standing with the CofS?

If so, how are you allowed to communicate with what the CofS would regard as "squirrel SPs" like us?

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Hi egghead :)

Any one of us could have that conversation with you, and there are many many areas that could be covered.

Is there any area of Scientology that you feel has been wrongly represented on the internet? Maybe we could start there.

Good twin

Floater
How long you been in? What is your training level? What is your case level?

There are very diverse points of view here. Choose your sparring partner!

DartSmohen

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hi egghead :)

Any one of us could have that conversation with you, and there are many many areas that could be covered.

Is there any area of Scientology that you feel has been wrongly represented on the internet? Maybe we could start there.

A good starting point would be to separate out the different aspects;

Basics
"Bridge"
OT levels
C of S
Ethics
Management
Hubbard
Various staff groups etc.

Then you can be positive about the good stuff and pass comment on the negative elements

johnAnchovie

Still raging
hey egg head..

Got out, blew the Sea Org actually after 20 years, not because of my overts or because of my 'evil intentions', no, I found that there exists a strange area of mental ability, it is called 'reason' and also 'ability to think independently'.

Now I was and am reacting to the management system and the control that the current squirrelly managers exert on you the willing and dedicated Scientologist, not to what you believe, even though I now consider that to be a subject of questionable value.

Well done for getting here and I admire you willingness to challenge and debate, I consider that a brave and honest trait.

Pitbull

Patron with Honors
I'm wondering if Egghead is coming back. I've seen this all too often before, someone claiming to be a Scientologist, wanting to talk opening, who just disappears.

I think you'll find many folks very willing to talk. My biggest beef was that
when I was in the church, one was expected to be on board %100, or else
you were assigned a condition of doubt. But the reality was, we were not able
to really communicate up and down the lines, to really understand fully what we were expected to support.

The doubt formula says you are supposed to compare statistics of the group you might wish to join. But reality is, one is NOT allowed to even look at statistcs. Communication is really limited in the church. Why should I have to commit unquestionably to something that is hidden to me? I just wanted to get some training or auditing. Not become a true "believer" or have to accept a church management who are disconnected from what the the public really want.

egghead

Patron
Wow you guys are fast. I'll do my best to respond. From the top...

I was on staff for a year and decided it wasn't for me. I routed off staff but I still volunteer. And in regards to communicating with squirrel groups-- haha I talk to whoever I want. I find it fascinating to be able to talk to you guys and honestly it only makes me stronger as a Scientologist so what's the harm? I think others just can't handle the pressure.

egghead

Patron
I've been involved for a couple of years now but I've spent more time spread my love of Scientology rather than taking myself up the Bridge. And now, I love making music (as a music producer and in a band) above most other things so that consumes most of my time. When I get all of that out of my system, I will definitely continue my training as a Scientologist.

Good twin

Floater
Wow you guys are fast. I'll do my best to respond. From the top...

I was on staff for a year and decided it wasn't for me. I routed off staff but I still volunteer. And in regards to communicating with squirrel groups-- haha I talk to whoever I want. I find it fascinating to be able to talk to you guys and honestly it only makes me stronger as a Scientologist so what's the harm? I think others just can't handle the pressure.

Okay. So...you are not a "good" Scientologist. You are already just like us!!

gomorrhan

Gold Meritorious Patron
I can understand loving an image of scientology as a force for positive social and individual change. Many people have seen a different aspect of Scientology, and so therefore don't share such a valuation of the subject. Personally, I had some valuable gains from doing scientology auditing, and even more valuable gains from the training, but I also suffered horrible losses from being connected to that group, and thus I am not interested in supporting it.

egghead

Patron
I don't have much time during the day to respond but definitely check back Pitbull because I really want to hear what you guys have to say. I'm not in any doubt of my religion but to talk to you guys head on is pretty valuable. Because what if you say something that really hits home to me and I "snap out of it" or I end up enlightening this entire forum-- I'm just up for the conversation. Scientology is something I hold very dear to me but at the same time, if I can't take the criticism, how strong could I be?

feline

Patron Meritorious
Hopefully, Egghead will return. I think that there is always a place for honest communication even when disagreement is likely.

Not every person posting here is ex-Scn. Some of us were "collateral damage". That would describe me nicely.

I can speak to disconnection. Scn is the reason my first marriage failed. Through the gentle grace of time, I begin to see what I was up against.

I couldn't credibly argue the tech or if it was good or bad. I am simply of the opinion that people are not disposible, relationships shouldn't be, and any "church" that promotes disconnection is probbly not considering MY best good but only their own- even if I am left to pay the price.

Certainly we can discuss Scn. But understand that you will not win converts, in all likelihood.

egghead

Patron
I don't think I am like you guys because I am still a Scientologist. For GOMORRHAN--

I don't get how the Church is responsible for your losses. I was taught before my involvement in Scientology that only I am responsible for what happens to me. And anything that involves me, I play some sort of role in. So maybe I don't know your particular circumstance but I don't know what I could blame on the Church without pointing myself as the higher authority. And I've heard some sort of LRH quote with a similar ring to it-- One is responsible for his own condition. Scientology or not, that just makes sense to me.

Pitbull

Patron with Honors
Hi Egghead:

Your into music? Great! You in New York? Maybe we can jam sometime.

I also got some very good gains out of Scientology. I'm also a big fan of progress and understand that Scientology as a practical philosophy and religion has evolved a great deal over the years. Not only when the founder, L. Ron Hubbard was alive, but since then.

There have also been advances in other Sciences since then.

The big question is then, what is wrong with pursuing an interest in auditing outside the church? Why should anyone have to agree that David Miscavige and others get "lifetime" positions of leadership? Or that I should have to pay thousands and thousands of dollars for basic auditing services?

You mention an interest in training. That's great! But I've found that most highly trained people are just not allowed to audit, since they are required to charge the same high high rates as the church.

I know most people could get great benefit from auditing, if they could just get it.