What's new

Your Activism Stories and Ideas

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
It's this Wednesday night. Here are the specs for anyone interested.

It's at the Steve Allen Theater
4773 Hollywood Blvd.
Hollywood, CA 90027
Free admission, snacks and parking.

It starts at 7:30 and is a short talk, and then Q & A.
All are welcome, except those trying to distract off the subject
which you can see by typing in "CFI + LA" in Google.

OSA will be asked to leave, if they try any of their usual tricks.
This has been agreed upon before hand, and they're quite good
at weeding out phonies.

Hope some can come. If not, I'll try to fill you in, after.

Thanks for asking :)

Tory/Magoo~~

Neo

Silver Meritorious Patron
Oh and the lulz are important too! :yes:

motivatorincaseofscibm6.jpg

byte301

Crusader
It's this Wednesday night. Here are the specs for anyone interested.

It's at the Steve Allen Theater
4773 Hollywood Blvd.
Hollywood, CA 90027
Free admission, snacks and parking.

It starts at 7:30 and is a short talk, and then Q & A.
All are welcome, except those trying to distract off the subject
which you can see by typing in "CFI + LA" in Google.

OSA will be asked to leave, if they try any of their usual tricks.
This has been agreed upon before hand, and they're quite good
at weeding out phonies.

Hope some can come. If not, I'll try to fill you in, after.

Thanks for asking :)

Tory/Magoo~~

Oh shoot, I thought it was tonite! Well, let us know how it goes. I hope OSA doesn't show up. So humiliating for them when they get their ass thrown out of places!:D
----------------------------------------------------
Nice one Neo!

byte301

Crusader
I went on a raid tonight at the local org. They were having a BIG event tonight about some "unforeseen developements". So we didn't want to miss it!!

I saw at the most 20 public $cilons go in the org. Most of them were older. Only about 4 young ones were present. They kept looking at us in what I can only describe as horror. LOL We never get to see many public since they shut the org down on the days we protest. I am thinking a few more raids are in order!:D

They made some poor guy stand out in the parking lot to "guard" them from the evil sp's.

Their for sale sign is gone so I think they have to move again since it looks like the building they were renting has been sold. The event was probably to get more money from the public in order to move. They can't move into their Ideal Org till the city council approves the move. It isn't looking good for them. :yes:

Anyway it was fun, we got some honks and enturbulated them a little. One kid waved at us so we waved back. Made me sad. Sweet kid who needs to be anywhere but in that damn cult.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I went on a raid tonight at the local org. They were having a BIG event tonight about some "unforeseen developements". So we didn't want to miss it!!

I saw at the most 20 public $cilons go in the org. Most of them were older. Only about 4 young ones were present. They kept looking at us in what I can only describe as horror. LOL We never get to see many public since they shut the org down on the days we protest. I am thinking a few more raids are in order!:D

They made some poor guy stand out in the parking lot to "guard" them from the evil sp's.

Their for sale sign is gone so I think they have to move again since it looks like the building they were renting has been sold. The event was probably to get more money from the public in order to move. They can't move into their Ideal Org till the city council approves the move. It isn't looking good for them. :yes:

Anyway it was fun, we got some honks and enturbulated them a little. One kid waved at us so we waved back. Made me sad. Sweet kid who needs to be anywhere but in that damn cult.

Well done Byte! :happydance:

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Byte301-------

Amazing! Well done :cheers:
I did too :omg: My friend (a critic) and I happened to be over by
"The Complex" on Saturday night. As we drove by, we saw a table out---which usually isn't there. Soooooooooooo...we decided to walk over and see.

What ended up? Well, they were making crepes (Don't ask me why!) A young man was there---and cooking. They were just packing up. As we walked up to ask what it was about, the young Sea org very young man nicely started to tell us about he making crepes. There was one left.

As we were talking, the security guard zoomed over and snapped:
"Don't talk to them" I was amazed, and quickly said to the young man:
Don't let him stop your free speech"
At that moment, we could both see a light go off in his head.

I then reminded the security idiot that LRH used to always come out and talk with people (as the person with me wasn't an SP), and we were both far friendlier than he was. Let's just put it this way: IF he could have spit nails, he would have. I reminded him, for the next hour or so:
"IS THIS HONESTLY WHAT YOU GOT INTO SCIENTOLOGY TO DO? THIS IS IT?

Also, I reminded him (and the young lad could hear it) that Yvonne J (who started Celebrity Center) used to say:
"IF WE don't take the SPs out to lunch, and talk with them, how will we
EVER get them back in?" I always thought that was a smart way to view
things, despite all the :bs: Hubbard had written re SPs.

The night went on. Had they just offered us a simple crepe, we would have chatted for a few minutes, and then left. But because of their usual idiotic
"attack"---we stayed. What happened? Well, it turned out they locked in
ALL of the staff of AOLA....until we left. At least that's how it looked.
They were racing around inside. It was well after 10:30---when they usually leave. I remember being "in", and IF any critics were outside, they wouldn't let us leave. Knuckleheads in action :slap: :waiting: :screwy: :eyeroll:

I continued for an hour, to remind that same security guard:
"You should have just given us the crepe, man".

It was a wild night------------but some good things happened, all in all.

Happy new week to all :happydance:

Tory/Magoo~~ Your local, Friendly, SP :D

byte301

Crusader
Byte301-------

Amazing! Well done :cheers:
I did too :omg: My friend (a critic) and I happened to be over by
"The Complex" on Saturday night. As we drove by, we saw a table out---which usually isn't there. Soooooooooooo...we decided to walk over and see.

What ended up? Well, they were making crepes (Don't ask me why!) A young man was there---and cooking. They were just packing up. As we walked up to ask what it was about, the young Sea org very young man nicely started to tell us about he making crepes. There was one left.

As we were talking, the security guard zoomed over and snapped:
"Don't talk to them" I was amazed, and quickly said to the young man:
Don't let him stop your free speech"
At that moment, we could both see a light go off in his head.

I then reminded the security idiot that LRH used to always come out and talk with people (as the person with me wasn't an SP), and we were both far friendlier than he was. Let's just put it this way: IF he could have spit nails, he would have. I reminded him, for the next hour or so:
"IS THIS HONESTLY WHAT YOU GOT INTO SCIENTOLOGY TO DO? THIS IS IT?

Also, I reminded him (and the young lad could hear it) that Yvonne J (who started Celebrity Center) used to say:
"IF WE don't take the SPs out to lunch, and talk with them, how will we
EVER get them back in?" I always thought that was a smart way to view
things, despite all the :bs: Hubbard had written re SPs.

The night went on. Had they just offered us a simple crepe, we would have chatted for a few minutes, and then left. But because of their usual idiotic
"attack"---we stayed. What happened? Well, it turned out they locked in
ALL of the staff of AOLA....until we left. At least that's how it looked.
They were racing around inside. It was well after 10:30---when they usually leave. I remember being "in", and IF any critics were outside, they wouldn't let us leave. Knuckleheads in action :slap: :waiting: :screwy: :eyeroll:

I continued for an hour, to remind that same security guard:
"You should have just given us the crepe, man".

It was a wild night------------but some good things happened, all in all.

Happy new week to all :happydance:

Tory/Magoo~~ Your local, Friendly, SP :D

Good one, Tory! That's weird about the crepes. Who makes crepes out on the sidewalk?

Hope that kid thinks about what you said. I really, really hate to see kids in the cult. There was a public guy with a 4 or 5 year old who was pointing at us and I'm assuming was telling him what we were doing. :( I'm sure it was what bad people we are and all that. I felt like yelling for him to come over and chat but knew he couldn't. Sanford Block was right there watching and making sure nobody engaged us at all. The kid who waved at us was kind of hiding behind their YELLOW van! :p

I almost wish we would protest right in front of the org instead of across the street but these people would freak out, I'm pretty sure. They were all really nice people when I was in. It was upper management that caused the problems, of course. I wish they send a SO mission here. We could have some good times with them! lol

That is so funny that they won't let the staff out till you leave! What if you ever decided to do an all nighter? Wonder what they'd do then? Make them sleep on the floor or something stupid like that probably.

Yvonne was one of the few execs I ever saw who had real ethics presense. No one ever had a bad thing to say about her. I was sad to hear about her death.

Well, we all did a good job Saturday night! See you all soon, Davey & company!:D

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Byte301:

I couldn't agree more re kids::: It's one of the reasons I began to speak out.
I, too, hope dearly that he thinks about what I said. I think he will, I know something hit home.

I'm not sure WHY they were making the crepes, and unfortunately the moron
"Security" dood insisted on cutting our comm. The funny thing is after awhile
my friend noted EVERY SINGLE PERSON THAT WOULD COME FROM EVERY SINGLE WAY_____________He's zoom over, say a quick word, and they'd curve away
from us. He finally said to me: "What do they have: 'Code Magoo"---as quickly he says one word and they're off.
I doubt it's anything to do with me, personally--but more "SP In area"--and they know to MOVE away. But it was
A M A Z I N G to watch. IF they could use that to help people, vs. Stop people---they'd be in business--well, I doubt that, but they'd have a better chance, for sure.

I almost wish we would protest right in front of the org instead of across the street but these people would freak out, I'm pretty sure.

Well, that's why we just "Stop by" :D If you just walk by----you can go where ever you want. Just stop and talk with someone. When you figure IF you speak with just one person, you *may* be able to help them. The worst is security will come, just as they did with us. However, it IS a public street,
and we have as much right to walk on the sidewalk as they do.

The fact that THEY get so nuts, is their problem, not ours. That's my view--having been both "in" and now thankfully, OUT. By 11 Pm the entire place was a ghost town---with the staff inside, on a Saturday night.
How nutty is that?

Have fun ............and Davey...keep in mind:
TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK...Time IS on our side! :thumbsup:

Tory/Magoo~~

skydog

Patron Meritorious
There are a number of things where I think the Co$ is vulnerable to attack. Where possible, complaints should be made to any agency that may have an interest in regulating the activity. (I am not sure that there is any "tech" on this, but agencies usually are filled with a disproportionate number of SPs-Tom Cruise take note) It is important to remember that in addition to the state and federal statutes, there are a number of regulatory agencies and regulations that must be contended with. When a complaint is made to an agency, it will typically open a file and investigate the claim. Even if no action is taken, the agency will usually put the target through a number of hoops. If the agency determines that action should be taken, they have the resources to match against the Co$.

1. State labor laws. State department of labor. I am not a labor lawyer but it seems to me that no court or agency would view "a billion year contract" as anything but a joke. Every state has labor laws which require the payment of minimum wage and overtime. It seems to me that "freeloader bills" would be unenforceable as unconscionable on their face. If the Co$ wants to make the argument that the SO members exchange their labor for church auditing and training, they should not be able to charge for those services after a person leaves.

2. State banking laws and Department of Consumer protection. Most public $ pay large sums of money for the privilege of being Scientologists. From the posts I have read, it appears that there may have been some violations of the banking laws in arranging loans for these services. Additionally, the heavy handed high pressure sales tactics used could draw some heat from the department of consumer protection.

In every dispute, the two things to remember are corroboration and documentation. For those currently "in" who think they may want to get "out", keep a diary. Record the names, dates, hours worked, events, etc. If orders are given in writing, keep them if possible.

I hear rumors that there is an ongoing federal investigation and if anyone can either confirm or deny this, I would appreciate it.

If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving.

byte301

Crusader
There are a number of things where I think the Co$ is vulnerable to attack. Where possible, complaints should be made to any agency that may have an interest in regulating the activity. (I am not sure that there is any "tech" on this, but agencies usually are filled with a disproportionate number of SPs-Tom Cruise take note) It is important to remember that in addition to the state and federal statutes, there are a number of regulatory agencies and regulations that must be contended with. When a complaint is made to an agency, it will typically open a file and investigate the claim. Even if no action is taken, the agency will usually put the target through a number of hoops. If the agency determines that action should be taken, they have the resources to match against the Co$.

1. State labor laws. State department of labor. I am not a labor lawyer but it seems to me that no court or agency would view "a billion year contract" as anything but a joke. Every state has labor laws which require the payment of minimum wage and overtime. It seems to me that "freeloader bills" would be unenforceable as unconscionable on their face. If the Co$ wants to make the argument that the SO members exchange their labor for church auditing and training, they should not be able to charge for those services after a person leaves.

2. State banking laws and Department of Consumer protection. Most public $ pay large sums of money for the privilege of being Scientologists. From the posts I have read, it appears that there may have been some violations of the banking laws in arranging loans for these services. Additionally, the heavy handed high pressure sales tactics used could draw some heat from the department of consumer protection.

In every dispute, the two things to remember are corroboration and documentation. For those currently "in" who think they may want to get "out", keep a diary. Record the names, dates, hours worked, events, etc. If orders are given in writing, keep them if possible.

I hear rumors that there is an ongoing federal investigation and if anyone can either confirm or deny this, I would appreciate it.

If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving.

Yes, there is an investigation going on. If you have been fair gamed in ANY way please report it to the FBI. They have to keep your information confidential.

There is much research going on in the areas you mentioned. :yes: You are so right about all of them.

byte301

Crusader
WIN!

Just wanted to share a win with everyone.

An anon has been researching NarCONon for some time now. The anon found a web site purporting itself to be a resource for various drug re-hab programs through-out our state.

On this web site was a seal that said "The Great State of New Mexico" and had a picture of a yucca (our state flower) in the middle of the seal. It looked close enough to our state seal to fool someone not paying attention.

So it looked like a state web site.

The problem is that when you call the only number they have listed you will be directed to NarCONon instead of any drug re-hab in our state. There is no NarCONon in New Mexico so they would be directing you to a NarCONon outside the state.

Further research found the site was owned by a $cilon.

An e-mail was sent to officials in our state and they in turn contacted the owner of the site and notified him that the usage of the seal was mis-leading and could be looked at as fraud, etc.

The seal is now gone from the site! :happydance: The same $cilon has several other sites up for several different states. He took down the bogus seals on those too from what I understand. Good thing since the plan was to contact ALL the other state officials too.

NarCONon is one of the biggest and most profitable front groups of the cult. They are also under constant scrutiny by Anonymous. If anyone has any information that can help please let me know and I will give it to the people who are working on the NarCONon project.

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Is there any ONE FBI area to report "Fair Game" To?

I'd like to know. I cannot imagine just calling up anyone will go over great.

Where is the actual FBI area, where they're familiar with this, and I can report

the Fair Game activities run on me by OSA?

I'd appreciate it if anyone knows.

T

byte301

Crusader
Is there any ONE FBI area to report "Fair Game" To?

I'd like to know. I cannot imagine just calling up anyone will go over great.

Where is the actual FBI area, where they're familiar with this, and I can report

the Fair Game activities run on me by OSA?

I'd appreciate it if anyone knows.

T

Tory,

From what I understand you can call and ask for an agent or just go in. From then on you would ask for the same agent. They are supposed to be coordinating this stuff.

When you call or go in they may refer you to an agent that's involved with this investigation. I am not really sure there is 'one' office that is overseeing this. But all fairgaming needs to be reported so the case gets built.

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
I talked to a very good friend of mine today at luch and had time to tell her quite a bit about what goes on behind closed doors.:thumbsup:

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
A $cilon friend, IKTM?

I can't quite do that yet. I can't risk a KR at this point.

But I did have an interesting conversation with a couple of Scientology friends a while ago.
I started talking to one of them and we went back and forth about the books and how I don't know they are actually Ron's or not anymore (although I'm convinced they are not, I couldn't outright tell this person this). See this person is one that holds onto every word of Ron's. :eyeroll:
This person kept wanting to show me a reference. And did a couple times. I even once said "I don't believe it"...I got the blank stare. :D
All of a sudden this person got really mad and told me I was invalidating this person. I asked why and if it was ok that I had a different view than this person did. My question didn't sink in. She was getting upset and personal.
Finally the other person got involved and said that I had a right to ask and want to make sure the books were what they are supposed to be. :omg: You're kidding me...sanity...with a Scientologist...see it does happen.

At this point I knew I'd said too much and started nodding my head so I didn't get a KR written on me.:p

byte301

Crusader
I can't quite do that yet. I can't risk a KR at this point.

But I did have an interesting conversation with a couple of Scientology friends a while ago.
I started talking to one of them and we went back and forth about the books and how I don't know they are actually Ron's or not anymore (although I'm convinced they are not, I couldn't outright tell this person this). See this person is one that holds onto every word of Ron's. :eyeroll:
This person kept wanting to show me a reference. And did a couple times. I even once said "I don't believe it"...I got the blank stare. :D
All of a sudden this person got really mad and told me I was invalidating this person. I asked why and if it was ok that I had a different view than this person did. My question didn't sink in. She was getting upset and personal.
Finally the other person got involved and said that I had a right to ask and want to make sure the books were what they are supposed to be. :omg: You're kidding me...sanity...with a Scientologist...see it does happen.

At this point I knew I'd said too much and started nodding my head so I didn't get a KR written on me.:p

Wow, pretty intense it sounds like. I just can't believe they don't see what DM is doing. When I was in just the thought of anyone changing ANYthing in ANY way would have been an outrage. DM has worked them over pretty well it seems.:no:

Lee_from_phx

Patron with Honors
Thanks to the depredations of the left, the term activist has taken on so many negative connotations that I cringe whenever I hear someone describe themselves as one. It is one thing to have someone else use the term, but when someone starts calling themself that, I mostly want to get as far away from them as possible.

"Activist" is just a newfangled term for ideological zealot, a nitwit who has latched on to a cause that has come to define their identity.

All of your true-believer clams are activists. They're out stumping for their cult and trying to drag other people into it. This is no different from any other activist whether they be Marxist pseudo-environmentalists or christian fundamentalists.

Fighting Scientology isn't a matter of opposing it per-se, but of fighting for the truth, period. Scientology is but one scam, one lie, one evil among many. To single it out for special attention is to miss the whole point. To do away with Scientology would be a wasted effort unless doing so brought more freedom and truth into the world.