What's new

An Open Letter To Melbourne Public

Neo

Silver Meritorious Patron
AN OPEN LETTER TO MELBOURNE PUBLIC

In the interests of disclosing that which the church wont disclose, and helping those the church wont help (its own public) I want to explain to you some points on the church's public accounts system. That is the money that you, the paying public (and paying staff members) have put onto their own accounts at the Church of Scientology. Generally, this advice is applicable to all orgs, but as I was on staff in the Treasury Division at the Melbourne org I can talk specifically about Melbourne.

Some back ground data on me. My name is Scott Bradley. I was, until earlier this year, the Director of Income at the Melbourne Day org. If you are still onlines there then you may have heard some black PR regarding the reasons for me no longer being there. The church can say what it likes. I will present you some facts about me just so you may put any black PR you have encountered into contact with some truth, and decide for yourself what sort of person I am.

My story posted on this board

StaffMemberoftheweek.jpg
TopBDayplayer.jpg
TopCoAuditTeam.jpg

Sponsor.jpg
VanguardClubMember.jpg

THE CURRENT SCENE

The current scene at Melbourne Day is that they have $1 million approximately in undelivered services. This means that over the decades they have been in operation they have collected this money but never delivered the services being paid for. This also means that the money still, legally, belongs to the public who put that money onto their account. It does not belong to the church. These are referred to as advanced payments. I am not talking about money already spent by having received services or materials.

In the first few months of this year, whilst I was still on staff, the Melbourne Day org refunded approximately $40,000 of advanced payments. It took several months each time, as the Org has to obtain that money anew before they can refund it. When the org originally receives it, they allocate it per LRH policy at the weekly FP meeting. Percentages go to Int Management via Flag. Promotion is funded. Bills are paid. And if it is a reasonably good week then staff are paid. Money is also put aside into a reserve account, and into a CVB account. CVB stands for Claims Verification Board. It is from this account that refunds are paid. However, as mentioned above Melbourne has $1,000,000 liability, but they most certainly do not have $1,000,000 in their CVB account (closer to $5,000 or $10,000). They have spent that $1,000,000 in operational costs. In other words, the public who have yet to recieve most of their services have been funding the operation and survival of the Melbourne org. I would think that it is the case in most orgs around the world.

So, in my experience, the org does refund. Especially if it gets onto the DSA's lines. It just doesn't do it immediately, as it doesn't have the funds available.

Now, what if a significant percentage of these monies paid for services as yet undelivered were requested refunded by the public? It would have a serious negative impact on the Melbourne org. And remember, it isn't their money in the first place. Not until they have delivered the services.

So if you are, or have ever been a public at the Melbourne org, you may actually have funds sitting on account doing nothing. It is still yours.

HOW TO FIND OUT IF YOU HAVE FUNDS ON ACCOUNT AT THE MELBOURNE ORG

First thing you want to do is request an "Account Statement" from the Treasury Secretary - Greg Peart. An Account Statement lists out money on account. You may also want to request an "Account History", and list the time period you want this for. This lists out all the individual transactions related to your account - "Credits" = money paid onto account, "Debits" - money used from account, to pay for services or materials. The computer system has been operational since 1996. All account details from before this period is in the hard copy files. The data still exists and is available.

When you confirm if you have money on account with Melbourne Day (or Foundation - two seperate orgs), next step is to write a letter requesting this money to be refunded as you no longer wish to recieve Scientology services. Write to the Treasury Secretary (Greg Peart), and CC (carbon copy) to DSA (Mary Anderson). Make sure to CC to the DSA. The Treasury Secretary will be concerned only about the financial impact that your refund request has on the Org, but the DSA will be primarily concerned about the negative PR, and legal, affect your request will have. The DSA will want you handled and sent on your way asap. Use these two opposite dynamics to your advantage.

Give it at most about two weeks to hear back from the Treasury Secretary about what his plans are for refunding you your money. Remember at all times - it is YOUR money. Expect it to take a month or more, depending on how much you are requesting. If you have $20,000 or more then you should allow a few months realistically. But keep in communications with both the Treasury Secretary and the DSA as necessary, just to let them know you haven't forgotten.

Other names and posts that you may want to contact:

ED (Executive Director); Cheryl Wickens
D/ED (Deputy Executive Director), in charge of delivery and exchange: Nina Fairlie
Chaplain: Glenda Walsh

And if it is necessary (although it hopefully wont be), contact the media. And let the DSA know that you will/have, if they are not being cooperative.

Neo (aka Scott Bradley)

Last edited:

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
Great information!

Out of curiosity, does Management refund the money the org gave them when there is a refund? That's one thing I don't know about the church.

Pixie

Crusader
Neo you are the bravest of bravehearts, and I hope that those Melbourne public are lurking and see this information for themselves so that they can stop being lied to and scammed out of every last penny. No one can argue with the truth.

Wonderful post Neo, really excellent. :clap:

Sir Facer

Patron with Honors
Fantastic Info Neo

well done Neo:thumbsup: this is great and sound advice for all those who the Church is grossly out exchange with, Its a v.similar Scene in Sydney but much worse so all of you out there who are owed a riduiculous amount of "unpaid services" to the Church, Neo's just given you your direction so go get what your owed & then:party: :woohoo: And to the idiots who caused this, all I can say is:moon:

Neo

Whoa, that means the org is losing an additional ?%??:thumbsup:

What percentage is it anyways?

I'm not sure of the exact percentage, as I was primarily concerned with income, not disbursements. It would be listed in OEC Vol 3, but I just can't seem to muster up the enthusiasm to look at that at the moment.

If a refund payment is made it comes out of that weeks GI (as there is usually insufficient funds in the CVB account to cover it). Thus the GI for the week is affected, which lowers the CGI (Corrected Gross Income), which in turns lowers the amount available to be paid to staff. Staff are always affected in this situation. Int Management and Flag, however, are not necessarily affected.

Neo

Carmel

Crusader
Sydney and Melbourne are lookin' good!!!

Great post and great advice Scott! :yes:

And you're another bloody legend! :thumbsup: There's safety in numbers for sure, but the real plus is that so many of us now, are making it known who we are and why we are out! It's having a huge impact here in ANZO! So, so grand! :happydance:

Good on ya matey! :thumbsup:
Carmel

Neo

Something that I forgot to mention: It is actually policy for the Orgs to send people with money on account a monthly statement. The Director of Income, or if there isn't one, then the Treasury Secretary is supposed to do this. I know it doesn't happen. When I started to implement this policy, the number of refund requests started to rise. There are a lot of people out there who simply do not know, or have forgotten, that they have money sitting on account at a Scientology Org.

And it was a routine request from public to get a statement before outlaying any more money to work out where they stood financially.

Neo

Chess

Patron with Honors
Thanks Neo, your explanation is the clearest explanation I've seen for that area of org business. Handy to see it presented so nicely that others can follow.
Best of luck to you...

thefiredragon

Patron Meritorious
AN OPEN LETTER TO MELBOURNE PUBLIC
This also means that the money still, legally, belongs to the public who put that money onto their account. It does not belong to the church. These are referred to as advanced payments. I am not talking about money already spent by having received services or materials.
QUOTE]

Can you transfer your money from your account to family or friends?
I mean,if somebody knows somebody who is still interested in services but
can't afford them, can he get somebody else undelivered servises that somebody paid for if that person says it's OK?

xseaorguk

Patron Meritorious
munnies in $cn

just imagine if say 500 people all wanted their money back at the same time.
Then they may have to start raiding their Swiss bank accounts and that may make a big financial hole in their pockets.
If I had munnies in the cult, I'd be getting it out quick before they go bankrupt:happydance:

anonkatie

Patron with Honors
Bumped this back up.

We have been squeezing them from many angles.
But what is the status of this in Melbourne and what about the question on a wider scale?

"Operation Refund" -Bankrupt your local org, booyah!

Who here still has money on account?