What's new

Australians in Scientology

haiqu

Patron Meritorious
Hi,

My intro to Scientology was at Lee St. org in Sydney, 1975. Have also known people in ACT and Melbourne orgs, and many SO crew. I'm always happy to hear from anyone in Australia who is or was a Scientologist, regardless of current status. I regard almost all the guys I met as worth knowing over the long term.

My purposes in making myself available in this manner are:

1. To renew old friendships.
2. To make myself available as a terminal, should you need one.
3. To advise on available avenues for privately continuing your case progress.

Note that I have some auditor training, but am not offering to audit anyone personally here. However, having been in the position of needing to make some progress, and having done so successfully on my own, perhaps there's some useful data I can share to facilitate that for others.

Initial contact: PM me on this board, using any name you like. I'll provide an anonymous email address until I either get to know you, or it becomes obvious that we have met previously and trust each other. I'm not interested in getting involved in a games condition with terminals within the organisation.

All the best,

haiqu

blondy

I joined at Lee St in 1975 and went every weekday evening and all day Saturdays studing as an auditor up to Level 4 and had my auditing as a public member.
I met and made friends with a great bunch of guys both on and off staff.
I then went to St Hill for 7 months and went clear and up to Full OT7.
On my return I did the Dianetics C/S course which as soon as I finished became obsolete with the intro of NED. My then husband who had been in the SO years previously but had blown did his ethics thing and came on course too but after a clean ethics record I always seemed to be in Ethics with him. :confused: Of course time proved what a naughty boy he was and he was the real ethics problem. :duh:
After a few years off I returned when I moved back to Sydney in 84 and started studying in the evenings again in Castlereagh St. I did the Purif in Castlereagh St and a few other things there.
I was in a 2D with another student who only was interested in getting commisions for whatever I bought and when I stopped so did he and I. Well from there things went from bad to worse. It was at this time all the sevices increased by 10% each month and it was nigh on impossible saving for anything. Strange goings on were happening and it was at this time when rumours were rife about whether Ron was dead or not. I was also invited to a couples house who had been to the US to see for themselves stories they had heard and returned with video footage and stories to tell of what was happening in the desert. That has all been proven to be true What in fact it was was the beginning of the DM era and at that time the ship was being built in the desert and when I was being told about it and could see the video it seemed surreal. Apparently when these people were filming it heavies came out and were shooing them away.It all looked insane but sadly it was true.
The org in Sydney were desperatly getting people to take out loans they couldn't afford, for courses or auditing. Other Scios lied to enable the banks to believe the person applying could service the loan,and I should know I was one of them foolish enough to attempt to get a loan.
What a bad scene it was and so against my principles I was mad at myself for going along with it.
After that, word was out that senior staffers from St Hill were being expelled etc, a lot of them I had known when I was there and that all seemed fairytale too but yes it was true.
2 superb auditors from St Hill made their way to Sydney and I have to say I was fortunate to meet them, and after being knocked back for an $8,000 loan to do New OT4 I did it with one of these two auditors for $72 and completed it within and hour. Mmmmmmmm it could have been $8,000 an hour.
Now I was a Squirrell . At this point I wrote my resignation out from the Church. From what I hear and see now, it is not as it was and not the place I would ever want to be.
What I learnt can never be taken away. I don't regret any of it and I have made a very successful life for myself. I treat others as I would like to be treated. I keep my nose clean so to speak and just get on with enjoying my life.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Well from there things went from bad to worse. It was at this time all the sevices increased by 10% each month and it was nigh on impossible saving for anything.

Increasing 10% per month!

Tell him he's dreamin'!

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Increasing 10% per month!

Tell him he's dreamin'!

Hmmmm..Someone has been watching "The Castle" ;)

"Suffer in ya jocks!"

castle_wideweb__430x293.jpg

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
When I saw a thread named "Australians in Scientology" I just couldn't help myself.

It might be the perfect cinematic allusion!

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
That avatar is disturbing. ANyone else see it? (If you cant figure out what I am talking about, I am not going to explain it)

haiqu

Patron Meritorious
Hi Blondy,

I joined at Lee St in 1975 and went every weekday evening and all day Saturdays studing as an auditor up to Level 4 and had my auditing as a public member.
I met and made friends with a great bunch of guys both on and off staff.
I then went to St Hill for 7 months and went clear and up to Full OT7.

VWD!!

On my return I did the Dianetics C/S course which as soon as I finished became obsolete with the intro of NED. My then husband who had been in the SO years previously but had blown did his ethics thing and came on course too but after a clean ethics record I always seemed to be in Ethics with him. :confused: Of course time proved what a naughty boy he was and he was the real ethics problem. :duh:

Yes, I was doing the HSDC when NED arrived. And 2D problems were fairly common. Hope your ex eventually got sorted out.

2 superb auditors from St Hill made their way to Sydney and I have to say I was fortunate to meet them, and after being knocked back for an $8,000 loan to do New OT4 I did it with one of these two auditors for $72 and completed it within and hour. Mmmmmmmm it could have been $8,000 an hour.

Damn, that's good value. :D

Now I was a Squirrell . At this point I wrote my resignation out from the Church. From what I hear and see now, it is not as it was and not the place I would ever want to be.

What I learnt can never be taken away. I don't regret any of it and I have made a very successful life for myself. I treat others as I would like to be treated. I keep my nose clean so to speak and just get on with enjoying my life.

You're absolutely right, no-one can take away your gains. You can't "have your thetan cancelled" or anything.

Good to hear from you! I was trying to guess at your identity, but couldn't from the above. But if you were around in 1975 I would almost certainly know you. PM (private message) me if you want to get in further contact.

I don't bite, much.

haiqu

haiqu

Patron Meritorious
The Avatar says haiqu is a female body part! :)

I can tell we're going to get along fine!

BTW, I've had a recent visit from an old friend of yours who may get in contact once he arrives home. Clue: He was on setups of the academy space while you were doing the Class VIII course.

Cheers 'n' beers,

haiqu

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
I can tell we're going to get along fine!

BTW, I've had a recent visit from an old friend of yours who may get in contact once he arrives home. Clue: He was on setups of the academy space while you were doing the Class VIII course.

Cheers 'n' beers,

haiqu

You projected his image when I read your earlier post! :)

Ozzie! Ozzie! Ozzie! Oy! Oy! Oy!

:)

Alan

Last edited by a moderator:

haiqu

Patron Meritorious
Haiqu I see made a mistake. I actually joined in 1974 not 75.
Oh well whats a year.
How do I PM you

Just click the name HAIQU in any message, there's an option to send private messages on the drop down box

Cheers,

haiqu

blondy

Sorry I have not been around as my harddrive crashed and I lost everything forever.
I clicked on your name but it only drops down and there is a choice of viewing your profile or seeing your posts but no way to pm you so please once again help me out here.