What's new

Zeitgeist/World Bank

RogerB

Crusader
For Those Interested

For those who wish to be informed on the issue of possible/probable economic outcomes to the current situation, I offer the following:
http://slowsmile.hypocrisy.com/2009/03/03/us-dollar-threats-beating-the-drum/

This is part of the opening comment:
"a well-argued, heavily evidenced article called Ten Threats Facing the Dollar in 2009 written by Eric deCarbonnel. This written piece is perhaps the best and most complete economic assessment of the US Financial Crisis that I have ever had the pleasure to read and I must add that, refreshingly, there is not a single trace of partisan political dribble to pollute this purely logical, economic and common-sense assessment."

Be warned, if any of this plays out, the Yanks are in for a tough time, as is the rest of its "allies".

Rog

Aneley

Patron
does anyone know the deal with scientology and the world bank?

i've had a few scientologists say things about it, how they are trying to run the world or something, the world bank. how they have a plan for everyone to have a permanent ID card that contains all their info and cards. i remember there is some l ron hubbard quotes that talk about how bad the men running the world bank are

well right now i'm watching zeitgeist and it's very confusing but they are talking about the world bank.. and about money and debt and how the system is set up in a way that there will always be debt etc.

so i guess the world bank really is evil? ah this is so confusing

Yes, I dont know how it came about, but nowadays, the sea org recruiters show a video (done by Gold), where they are teling the story of this evil world bankers, show their identities and faces, and connect this to the fact that Scientologist need to work fast to prevent the World bank of geting total control over the world. "So thats why YOu need to join Sea Org, only like that you will be able to save the 4th dynamic" something like that. Also almost every SO member has a copy of the book Rule by Secrecy: The Hidden History That Connects the Trilateral Commission, the Freemasons, and the Great Pyramids by Jim Marrs, This isI guess the latest tool by DM tomotivate SO members to work for saving the planet of the World bank.
I dont say if the conspiracy is true or not, but it is well used in SO. I was seeing that video the SO members showed me, and it is made in a way to get you sooo scared of the future, that you have the feeling something must be done right now! The world doesnt have a chance! SO are the only ones who can change this awful fate! So then they give you the SO contract to sign..

Inteligent heh? I am happy I didnt fall for it.

michaelangelo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yes, I dont know how it came about, but nowadays, the sea org recruiters show a video (done by Gold), where they are teling the story of this evil world bankers, show their identities and faces, and connect this to the fact that Scientologist need to work fast to prevent the World bank of geting total control over the world. "So thats why YOu need to join Sea Org, only like that you will be able to save the 4th dynamic" something like that. Also almost every SO member has a copy of the book Rule by Secrecy: The Hidden History That Connects the Trilateral Commission, the Freemasons, and the Great Pyramids by Jim Marrs, This isI guess the latest tool by DM tomotivate SO members to work for saving the planet of the World bank.
I dont say if the conspiracy is true or not, but it is well used in SO. I was seeing that video the SO members showed me, and it is made in a way to get you sooo scared of the future, that you have the feeling something must be done right now! The world doesnt have a chance! SO are the only ones who can change this awful fate! So then they give you the SO contract to sign..

Inteligent heh? I am happy I didnt fall for it.

Try to forget what Scios/sea org's department of bullshit have said. Do some research and come to your own conclusions. If Scio ever tells the truth of what's going on in the world it's for there own benfefit, and because Ron came out with conspiracy theories it dosn't make it true or false. Ron played both sides of the game to suit himself. Scientology/sea org will not solve the problem it's part of the problem.

michaelangelo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Aneley

Aneley, I forgot to mention well done not not falling for the recruiting video.

I reckon if they'd shown me that video back in the seventies I'd have fallen for it and signed their contract. So glad we are much wiser now.

T

TheSneakster

not important

Last edited by a moderator:

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Evil, no. They are effecting totalitarian control without firing many shots at all. I don't know, because I don't know them, but I doubt they see it as anything other than investing. When you buy stock, is it your intent to out-source the labor of the company you are buying? I'm not, but that company is required, by law, to maximize the profits for investors such as myself. Their board MUST investigate all opportunities to reduce costs and increase profits, and this means exploiting labor pools that are cheaper, obtaining resources for as cheap as possible, selling their product for as much as possible, etc.

Please cite the law you are referring to. AFAIK there is no such law in existence that requires this.

The board of directors of any company are supposed to represent the interests of the shareholders.

It is the shareholders who determine what those interests are. And it does not necessarily include maximizing profit.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
This nonsense has already been debunked by Larry Brennan, the person who actually designed the C of $ corporate structure.

You can read has post to the newsgroup alt.religion.scientology about this here

I also posted a summary to this forum as to why the "IRS really controls Scientology" theory is nonsensical. Larry responded saying he agrees with my summary in a followup post here.

The only person in charge of $cientology is David Miscavige.

Michael "The Sneakster" Hobson
I am *not* anonymous.

wot he said.

:clap:

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Please cite the law you are referring to. AFAIK there is no such law in existence that requires this.

The board of directors of any company are supposed to represent the interests of the shareholders.

It is the shareholders who determine what those interests are. And it does not necessarily include maximizing profit.

I, sir, am not a lawyer. It is true that the board of directors are supposed to represent the interest of the shareholders. I believe they can be sued if they can be shown to have been neglectful of this. You may be right that there are groups of shareholders in companies who would prefer to lose money. I've never been a member of such a group. My interest, when investing money, is to have that investment pay me dividends.

I select the company I wish to invest in based on a number of criteria, but once I'm invested, I'm there to make money. I wouldn't invest in a petroleum company: I would invest in a wind energy company. However, I would select amongst them based on the profitability of owning their stock, not some other criterion. I'm not that rich to give away my money to people who have some other objective.

That said, I would agree that there are no requirements by law that I know of that specifically state that the company must focus only on profitability.

Fancy

Patron Meritorious
Never mind someone mentioned the Venus Project but you can Google that.

Barb

I don't find the Zeitgeist movie to be anti-intellectual. Just the opposite, in fact. It encourages people to cease buying into the manufactured "zeitgeist" of commercial/corporate society, and to start thinking for themselves, seeing between the lines, etc. This is not to say I believe every word of it, or anything like that, just that it encourages inquiry and tries to break down myths.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist

That's true... it is not a law (but it is expected by investors).
John Perkins also stated what you say in part 3 (the question-and-answer period).
I also agree with you.

If it were a law then someone should be able to cite that law. (Are there any takers on this? Please cite that law.)

P.S.
Investors in small start-ups don't expect profitability for awhile.
And no one is going to jail or get sued for it.

Last edited: