What's new

Homosexuality

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
Outineveryway, gosh that's horrid, really nasty to be ignored by your family because you left, and to be ignored also because of sexual orientation is tough.

I should know.

You can't help being who you are, someone able to see through the lies, and someone with the integrity to accept yourself as you are! If you want an L Wrong Cupboard quote, there's probably something in the code of Honour that says, 'go for it, girl friend', or 'I am what I am'.

Just remember that most people leave at some point, and when they start reading and watching TV again, they'll change their implanted thinking and accept you as the wonderful human being I am sure you are.

You can only be yourself, so enjoy being you!

La La

Also keep in mind that vilification of a gay family member is not unique to $cn. Many kids on the streets are there because they have literally been turfed out of home by their parents--and what's the easiest way to get an income? Working the same streets you're walking.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Royal Prince you are right, I am somewhat lucky in respect of most of my relatives.

I havent had a chance to discuss my sexuality with any Scientologist in good strangling as I am suppressive filth anyway, regardless of my evil compulsion to have a relationship with a member of my own sex.

I am suppressive because it's in writing.

My $cientologist brother wouldnt be able to talk to me, even if had been married to an entire female hockey team. On the other hand my 'wog' cousins' met two of my same sex partners and her mum would have liked me to take my last one there to stay.

Usually when you really accept yourself as who you are, other people accept you too.

I havent had a chance to discuss my sexuality with any Scientologist in good strangling as I am suppressive filth anyway, regardless of my evil compulsion to have a relationship with a member of my own sex.

Well on the "plus" side, at least you are not a "suppressive" BECAUSE you are gay. :coolwink:

Mark A. Baker

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Yes thats true! That will make me feel so less guilty about being who I am, knowing that my sexuality doesnt make me an evil creep, Im not suppressive because Im gay, just because Im evil!

I just run around, all day commiting continuous and covert overts, blowing, getting mu's, evaluating, invalidating, quick silvering, stat pushing, and failing to keep scientology working, and that's where Im going wrong, if only I could stop doing that!

The Sea Org would take me back with open arms, and my same sex partner, he would be berthed together with me if we have a civil partnership to make it legal of course. We would be bertherd in the room next to my ex boyfriend who is having a sex change, the sea org would obviously pay for the treatment, and be happy for us to adopt children, too!

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
Yes thats true! That will make me feel so less guilty about being who I am, knowing that my sexuality doesnt make me an evil creep, Im not suppressive because Im gay, just because Im evil!

I just run around, all day commiting continuous and covert overts, blowing, getting mu's, evaluating, invalidating, quick silvering, stat pushing, and failing to keep scientology working, and that's where Im going wrong, if only I could stop doing that!

The Sea Org would take me back with open arms, and my same sex partner, he would be berthed together with me if we have a civil partnership to make it legal of course. We would be bertherd in the room next to my ex boyfriend who is having a sex change, the sea org would obviously pay for the treatment, and be happy for us to adopt children, too!

That's an area that many more people, gay or straight, have extreme difficulty confronting.

Moonchild

Patron with Honors
That's an area that many more people, gay or straight, have extreme difficulty confronting.

Quite so; a few years ago an aunt of mine on my father's side of the family passed away. My father wished to attend his sister's funeral and being in his 80s and long past driving I did my filial duty and took him there.

My aunt's son (i.e. my cousin) was there and raised an eyebrow or two by turning up dressed as a woman, calling him/herself "Jennifer". My father's family are Irish Catholics and needless to say Jennifer's presentation was met with disapproval to say the least; personally I found their attitude somewhat sickening...it was her mother's funeral for Christ's sake.

Anyway, Jennifer and I got chatting despite my father's and uncles' "tut-tutting"; at the time in question I was well-aware of the OT3 data and I was simply curious as to whether transsexualism, gender-dysphoria, whatever you want to call it had anything to do with all that...BTs enforcing their ambitions on their "host". Seems naive now in retrospect but there ya go, it reflected how I felt at the time.

We exchanged e-mail addies and for a while kept in touch; Jennifer pointed me to all sorts of transgender community links some of which proved interesting, some not so much.

I have no idea what became of Jennifer, my last couple of e-mails (five years ago) went unanswered; she'd been talking of "transition" i.e. gender-reassignment and maybe that's the path she chose? She was in her late 40s at the time and reasonably convincing as a woman. Tentative enquiries to other family members have been met with "don't know, don't want to know...f'ing pervert...queer" sorts of responses so that would seem to be that really.

But yes RPX...I agree; it's an area that many people across the spectrum of sexuality seem to have difficulty confronting. Myself, I used to be a raving homo/transphobe but it's something I seem to have grown out of; maybe because I've actually gotten to encounter (largely thanks to Jennifer) some of the people I was so avid to insult and belittle in earlier times.

And on that point, for what it's worth....me so grand :eyeroll: ...I apologise for my share in the playground "queer" jokes; I regret things I said in the past that lent weight, however insignificant, to the burden that people of complex sexuality have to deal with.

I've said similar on certain other forums; no reason not to say it here too.

auntpat

Patron with Honors
Forgiven

I had a dear friend who was gay. He knew nothing about lrh or Scnology and was very active in Christian circles. He lived and died in the "closet". He had not been physically active in homosexuality ways for many years but still felt shame, and regret for what he was. What he was was a lovely, compassionate, helpful, understanding, friend to many regardkess of their status in life. He gave love, time, money, hospitality, etc to so many people. One of his best qualitities was his sense of humor.
However, he never escaped the censure he knew for his life style and never forgave himself for his great Sin. When someone from the church called me to tell me that he had died, my first thought was, at last he knows he did nothing to be forgiven for.

Carmel

Crusader
Also keep in mind that vilification of a gay family member is not unique to $cn. Many kids on the streets are there because they have literally been turfed out of home by their parents--and what's the easiest way to get an income? Working the same streets you're walking.
I was talking to Zac (teckid) about this the other day. He was coming up to stay with us last weekend, for my 50th. He had friends give him some 'sympathy', like it was some obligation or something, and he said that they thought it would be a pain of a weekend for him. He said that many of his friends have nothing more to do with their families, or that their families don't want much at all to do with them. He said that while some of them are still 'in contact' with their family members, their lives and social scenes are very much separate.

I didn't think that it was still such an issue in our society. It's certainly not as bad as it was 30 years ago, but it's apparently still quite an issue for many. There's probably quite a bit of difference too, between not having an issue with 'gays' in general, and actually accepting it when it comes to your own son, daughter, brother or sister.

Hatshepsut

Crusader
Gay husband

When I first came into the local mission I had just come out of rehab in Santa Ana, Calif. The lovely man that came to my rescue and would change my desperate life was a Scientologist. He was quite a bit older. He was gay. :modest: He was the kindest, warmest, sincerest person I had ever know so I married him.:p I was 17 and willing to sneak off to Georgia to do it. Russell, my husband got me onto my first courses and made me indifferent to drugs. Later into the marriage he became a staff member and was aware that there was a general consensus that all gays were out of valence. 1.1 even. :grouch: Now this guy had a wonderful sense or humor and simply stated he was NOT SP :no: and that he was there to stay so get used to it. :cheerleader: Areal trouper, my hero.

The marriage lasted only a few yrs as his passion was really in a different area. But good people are hard to find and a shame to waste.
I later found out he had tried to audit out his persuasion :ohmy:

We had a little circle of gay thespians from the Miami area who were also drawn to the new mysterious cult of scientology and didn't give a damn about the sexual prejudices. :melodramatic: :moon:

I never really paid much attention until much later but I noticed he did not like Hubbard because of this slight...but he valued the tech. :confused2: I know it bothered him a lot as he was afraid he would not later be accepted on at Flag if interested.

Later in his life at the Champaign/Urbana org after an accident had left him paralyzed he got more disdain for his second dynamic affairs. He said he was told he could not be out-ethics while getting processing. Re no hanky panky.:police: ,:touched: Well, how much hanky panky can a quadraplegic get.

Last edited:

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout

....My aunt's son (i.e. my cousin) was there and raised an eyebrow or two by turning up dressed as a woman, calling him/herself "Jennifer". My father's family are Irish Catholics and needless to say Jennifer's presentation was met with disapproval to say the least; personally I found their attitude somewhat sickening...it was her mother's funeral for Christ's sake.

I have no idea what became of Jennifer, my last couple of e-mails (five years ago) went unanswered; she'd been talking of "transition" i.e. gender-reassignment and maybe that's the path she chose? She was in her late 40s at the time and reasonably convincing as a woman. Tentative inquiries to other family members have been met with "don't know, don't want to know...f'ing pervert...queer" sorts of responses so that would seem to be that really.
But yes RPX...I agree; it's an area that many people across the spectrum of sexuality seem to have difficulty confronting. Myself, I used to be a raving homo/transphobe but it's something I seem to have grown out of; maybe because I've actually gotten to encounter (largely thanks to Jennifer) some of the people I was so avid to insult and belittle in earlier times.

And on that point, for what it's worth....me so grand :eyeroll: ...I apologize for my share in the playground "queer" jokes; I regret things I said in the past that lent weight, however insignificant, to the burden that people of complex sexuality have to deal with.

I attended a gay friends funeral when he died at 33 due to diabetes complications. He was a very talented awesome drag queen (female illusionist). What a great person he was. Great sense of humor, talented, ability to grant beingness. His family were disapproving of his "other side". You would never know his "other side' otherwise as he was very normal and masculine in appearance and mannerisms. There were many of his gay buddies at the funeral. You could cut the negativity of his families relatives with a knife. They just were not comfortable with us fun loving appreciative gay friends of his being there. Quite awkward to say the least.

Dammit! Can't we all just get along? We are all human beings, all colors of the rainbow. Once a person actually sits down and talks one on one with a person they have been educated to shun he/she often realizes that they are not the monsters that culture portrays them to be. Let's false data strip all of society on the subject of LGBT's (gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendereds)

I had a dear friend who was gay. He knew nothing about lrh or Scnology and was very active in Christian circles. He lived and died in the "closet". He had not been physically active in homosexuality ways for many years but still felt shame, and regret for what he was. What he was was a lovely, compassionate, helpful, understanding, friend to many regardless of their status in life. He gave love, time, money, hospitality, etc to so many people. One of his best qualities was his sense of humor.
However, he never escaped the censure he knew for his life style and never forgave himself for his great Sin. When someone from the church called me to tell me that he had died, my first thought was, at last he knows he did nothing to be forgiven for.

It's ironic that gay people are more often than not to be lovely, compassionate, sensitive etc... while too many "straight" folks can be complete ass holes thinking they are god's gift to the world without having the humanistic qualities that most gay people have. I say abolish any and all right wing conservative evangelical religious beliefs. What is there to fear of gay people? For most it's the "ick' factor of what gays do in the privacy of their own bedrooms. But God! It's equally as icky what straight people do in their own bedrooms as well! EWWWW!

I was talking to Zac (teckid) about this the other day. He was coming up to stay with us last weekend, for my 50th. He had friends give him some 'sympathy', like it was some obligation or something, and he said that they thought it would be a pain of a weekend for him. He said that many of his friends have nothing more to do with their families, or that their families don't want much at all to do with them. He said that while some of them are still 'in contact' with their family members, their lives and social scenes are very much separate.

I didn't think that it was still such an issue in our society. It's certainly not as bad as it was 30 years ago, but it's apparently still quite an issue for many. There's probably quite a bit of difference too, between not having an issue with 'gays' in general, and actually accepting it when it comes to your own son, daughter, brother or sister.

That's so sad that too many gay sons and daughters are dissed by their their families because of false and malignant information put out by their opinion leaders in their churches and politicians et al. Think and observe for yourself not what some one says you should think.

My parents are deceased and I never came out to them for fear of being shunned. They grew up in the 1930's where gay people were considered evil. Looking back when they were alive I'm certain that my mother would have been cool with it at the same time denying it. My dad would have been tolerant although I knew he was homophobic. My two sisters, bro-in-law, two nephews and niece and spouses have absolutely no issue with it and I am grateful for that as they are my remaining biological family. We all share in the the joy of holiday gatherings and other familial affairs. I've even taken my sister to a gay bar at her insistence. She loved it. My niece has many well loved gay friends (maybe due to the fact she is a dance major). I feel blessed.

Carmel, Happy 50th! :happydance:

Carmel

Crusader
When I first came into the local mission I had just come out of rehab in Santa Ana, Calif. The lovely man that came to my rescue and would change my desperate life was a Scientologist. He was quite a bit older. He was gay. :modest: He was the kindest, warmest, sincerest person I had ever know so I married him.:p I was 17 and willing to sneak off to Georgia to do it. Russell, my husband got me onto my first courses and made me indifferent to drugs. Later into the marriage he became a staff member and was aware that there was a general consensus that all gays were out of valence. 1.1 even. :grouch: Now this guy had a wonderful sense or humor and simply stated he was NOT SP :no: and that he was there to stay so get used to it. :cheerleader: Areal trouper, my hero.

The marriage lasted only a few yrs as his passion was really in a different area. But good people are hard to find and a shame to waste.
I later found out he had tried to audit out his persuasion :ohmy:

We had a little circle of gay thespians from the Miami area who were also drawn to the new mysterious cult of scientology and didn't give a damn about the sexual prejudices. :melodramatic: :moon:

I never really paid much attention until much later but I noticed he did not like Hubbard because of this slight...but he valued the tech. :confused2: I know it bothered him a lot as he was afraid he would not later be accepted on at Flag if interested.

Later in his life at the Champaign/Urbana org after an accident had left him paralyzed he got more disdain for his second dynamic affairs. He said he was told he could not be out-ethics while getting processing. Re no hanky panky.:police: ,:touched: Well, how much hanky panky can a quadraplegic get.

Crikey, being married to a gay guy would have been tough when it came to one's needs and wants in the cot, but being married to a lovely man is certainly something that has its benefits. That scenario wouldn't have been easy. Are you still in touch with him?

Hatshepsut

Crusader
No, Carmel. We are not in touch. He has passed. My ex-husband went broke working on staff full time and had a HUGE failed purpose on being denied the training promised to him so he could co-audit. I wrote about it when Alexm first started to post his threads.
Russell went down to Miami to work off his freeloader debt for the mission here by opening a restaurant for a friend down there. While in Miami he was shot while in the safe room making payroll. He received a spinal cord injury. It was what paralyzed him. He lived for 25 yrs like that, colostomy and all. His ashes were flown down from Decatur, Ill. to Pier 60 in Clearwater per his wishes when he passed 4 yrs ago. He wanted to be near Flag so he could find a body born to a Scientologist with promise. Oh I think I'm gonna cry...
He never gave up the dream. He was an illegal pc after his medications had to be increased... though he had insurance money to pay for processing.

Last edited:

Carmel

Crusader
<snip>
My parents are deceased and I never came out to them for fear of being shunned. They grew up in the 1930's where gay people were considered evil. Looking back when they were alive I'm certain that my mother would have been cool with it at the same time denying it. My dad would have been tolerant although I knew he was homophobic. My two sisters, bro-in-law, two nephews and niece and spouses have absolutely no issue with it and I am grateful for that as they are my remaining biological family. We all share in the the joy of holiday gatherings and other familial affairs. I've even taken my sister to a gay bar at her insistence. She loved it. My niece has many well loved gay friends (maybe due to the fact she is a dance major). I feel blessed.

Carmel, Happy 50th! :happydance:

Thanks, Operating DB.

I get how it was with your parents - as you say, for that generation is was pretty hard to cope with. I'm glad to hear that your remaining family are cool with it all and that you feel blessed.

I'd be bullshitting if I pretended I didn't have an issue with Zac being gay. I did have. I kind of knew it all along, but hoped for something else. He confirmed it with me when he was very young. My heart just bled for him, for several reasons. I thought he would have a hard road, and for a while there he did.

My hubby and boys had the same reaction too, and when they found out (some time later) their main concern was for him. Soon after "coming out" though, he was no longer on a constant withold and he openly created the life he wanted. All is so good for him now, so none of us have an issue with it anymore, but it did take a while.

Zac has taken me to the odd gay bar and drag show on occasion too, to meet his friends, and it's been a hoot. Prior to going, I had a different concept as to what it would be like. My two other boys wouldn't go in a fit (they are fair dinkum lads, and don't like being perved at by blokes), but besides that, all is good. :)

Carmel

Crusader
No, Carmel. We are not together. Russell went broke working on staff full time and had a HUGE failed purpose on being denied the training promised to him so he could co-audit. I wrote about it when Alexm first started to post his threads.
My ex-husband went down to Miami to work off his freeloader debt for the mission here by opening a restaurant for a friend down there. While in Miami he was shot while in the safe room making payroll. He received a spinal cord injury. It was what paralyzed him. He lived for 25 yrs like that, colostomy and all. His ashes were brought down to pier 60 in Clearwater per his wishes when he passed 4 yrs ago. He wanted t be near Flag so he could find a body born to a Scientologist with promise. Oh I think I'm gonna cry...
He never gave up the dream. He was an illegal pc after his accident though he had insurance money to pay for it.
Oh shit! Bloody sad. :bighug:

Moonchild

Patron with Honors
(snip)

Dammit! Can't we all just get along? We are all human beings, all colors of the rainbow. Once a person actually sits down and talks one on one with a person they have been educated to shun he/she often realizes that they are not the monsters that culture portrays them to be. Let's false data strip all of society on the subject of LGBT's (gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendereds)

Yes, agreed.

Wisened One

Crusader
No, Carmel. We are not in touch. He has passed. My ex-husband went broke working on staff full time and had a HUGE failed purpose on being denied the training promised to him so he could co-audit. I wrote about it when Alexm first started to post his threads.
Russell went down to Miami to work off his freeloader debt for the mission here by opening a restaurant for a friend down there. While in Miami he was shot while in the safe room making payroll. He received a spinal cord injury. It was what paralyzed him. He lived for 25 yrs like that, colostomy and all. His ashes were flown down from Decatur, Ill. to Pier 60 in Clearwater per his wishes when he passed 4 yrs ago. He wanted to be near Flag so he could find a body born to a Scientologist with promise. Oh I think I'm gonna cry...
He never gave up the dream. He was an illegal pc after his medications had to be increased... though he had insurance money to pay for processing.

Oh wow....:ohmy: :no: