What's new

Glee thread

Vinaire

Sponsor
But seriously, if live leans to heavy on you, one could buy shoes that are too small. You won't think about anything else than the pain in your feet.

And at the end of the day, when you put your shoes off, you will feel so enlightened.

B.

:hysterical:

I like you bobo for your excellent solutions to mankind's problems.

Vinaire

Sponsor
I'm getting awfully annoyed these days at people being nagged to DO SOMETHING or GET SOMETHING DONE. Some of you gals out there in a marriage probably know just what I'm talking about.

Here's this quote that is quite innocent upon first glance:

"There are people who make things happen,
There are people who watch things happen,
And there are people who wonder what happened.
To be successful, you need to be a person
who makes things happen."

James Lovell
Astonaut

This kind of inval onto inquiring minds is being pushed around in the public school systems.

Do you know how easy it is to make something happen?

It is often difficult to watch what happened. That takes some confront. People have to digest these matters.

Only the people who stepped back and took the time to wonder what happened can enlighten the rest of us.

So, if you are sitting around watching, pat yourself on the back for being up to interest, and your courage.

If you are still sitting around wondering what happened, thank you very much.

When you figure out some answers please share with the rest of us.

And NEVER invalid your wonder and inquiring mind.

How beautiful!

And silly...

And worthwhile. :D

The Oracle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: SO Survivors guild

On another thread (the one where Mick Wenlock is telling us what happened to him on leaving the SO) I suggested that some kind of assn be created - perhaps informally on a cyber basis- for people leaving the SO.

I would be up for that. I know a couple other people on that thread seemed willing, also.

I suggest maybe creating a sort of cyber assn on a word of mouth/intro basis.

I talked to John and asked him if he would ever put an ex SO member up who needed a place to stay. He said (and I concur) that he'd have to know something about the person. Perhaps an intro from someone else, something. So under some circumstances, we could do that.

I would also be willing to pledge a bit of money (I'm not rich but I would contribute) at times and also I am pretty good with credit counselling so if someone had questions about their debt ( a lot of ex members have debt problems) and what can be done to them, bankruptcy, etc, I can supply some info as to how it all works.

It was suggested that the departee might not want to stay with disaffected ex Scn'ists. And J and I are certainly expelled and declared- BUT...

I was thinking. Some of the people who leave the SO aren't trying to get back in and won't care if the person who they are talking to is in good standing with CofS or not. Some people WOULD care, but then again, not all critics are expelled/declared. I am sure that one way or another, some of us who wanted to help, would sometimes be taken up on that offer.

And in case anyone's reading this who is in that situation, is about to be in that situation, or knows someone who is and is wondering...I personally do not tell people they should not rejoin CofS or that they should do FZ or they shouldn't. I would not even go into it with them, unless the person brought it up. And THEN I would start by saying, "What do YOU want to do?"

I live in Seattle and am listed in the phone book...

Claire Swazey

You know, I thought about doing this a long time ago. Setting up a cash fund. Until I figured out they would send out the Sea Org members thursday before 2:00 for their escape money and use it to get the G.I. up.

The Oracle

Gold Meritorious Patron
sex w iguana and lizardy men

ALANZO: Oh!

I thought of another one!

Have you ever had sex with an iguana?

Originally Posted by theillusioness

No.

Even men that work out at the gym look lizardy to me and it makes me sick.

For the most part I like them big and fat.

Don't ask me why.

I guess it's more comfortable to be on top of, kind of like shopping for a mattress.

Nothing like sinking into that comfort zone.

Kookaburra: Do you think this conversation could possibly go on it's own thread?

T.I. Sure! I just moved it to the glee thread!

The Oracle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Save Vinnay movement

If you haven't noticed already, Vinny (Vinaire) is taking a huge beating over on the flame tarbaby thread.

Not that I recommend you attend that neighborhood.

But perhaps if we posted some questions to Vinny to get him over here he might leave and that way we can pull him out.

SAVE VINNY GUILD has just been established to help Vinny escape.

The Oracle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Open letter to Vinny

Hey Vinny,

We miss your wondering mind!

Got time for tea over here?

Tell us something funny!

Vinaire

Sponsor
If you haven't noticed already, Vinny (Vinaire) is taking a huge beating over on the flame tarbaby thread.

Not that I recommend you attend that neighborhood.

But perhaps if we posted some questions to Vinny to get him over here he might leave and that way we can pull him out.

SAVE VINNY GUILD has just been established to help Vinny escape.

If I were taking a beating there, I didn't notice it.

Thanks anyway.

The Oracle

Gold Meritorious Patron
If I were taking a beating there, I didn't notice it.

Thanks anyway.

OUCH! You are tough. Well, you certainly know where to go for help to recover from your cult activities.

Tough medicine!

Well, glad you popped in here so I could see for myself you are surviving therapy.

XXXXXXOOOOOOO

Vinaire

Sponsor
Hey Vinny,

We miss your wondering mind!

Got time for tea over here?

Tell us something funny!

Well... some people are just stuck with their karma... I feel sorry for them... It is interesting for me just to observe their tussle with their ego... some are just completely gobbled up and are unconscious... You just see the predictable antics of their clever but mechanical ego...

I shall do whatever I can to save them from their ego... my first advice to them would be to stop being so negative and suspicious of others... Be silly and smile a little now and then. :happydance:

Vinaire

Sponsor
OUCH! You are tough. Well, you certainly know where to go for help to recover from your cult activities.

Tough medicine!

Well, glad you popped in here so I could see for myself you are surviving therapy.

XXXXXXOOOOOOO

I don't think I ever hurt anybody intentionally while in Sea Org. I have fond memories of the adventures. I have no regrets. :happydance:

Terril park

Sponsor
You're the little Newbie who could!

Keep chugging and plugging and huffing and puffing on the Hamster wheel. You'll make it little Newbie.

All the way!

I was wondering if this was a new identity of yours, trying to gain 2 golden meritous insignias with diamond cuff links.

The Oracle

Gold Meritorious Patron
I was wondering if this was a new identity of yours, trying to gain 2 golden meritous insignias with diamond cuff links.

Oh BB,

Thank God you are here.

As usual, trying to put some brightness into another mess I've stirred up!

Just to see your photo has calmed me down.

You will probably save me from another expulsion.

I know if I am called to testify you will speak in my defense.

It ISa two terminal universe.

I get so dispersed speaking to the masses.

And now I've gone to LALALALA mode.

:blah:

Vinaire

Sponsor
Oh BB,

Thank God you are here.

As usual, trying to put some brightness into another mess I've stirred up!

Just to see your photo has calmed me down.

You will probably save me from another expulsion.

I know if I am called to testify you will speak in my defense.

It ISa two terminal universe.

I get so dispersed speaking to the masses.

And now I've gone to LALALALA mode.

:blah:

Dear TI,

You are OK in my book... very, very OK... I understand everything you went through... stroke-by-stroke... you never meant to offend anybody... but that doesn't apply to an ego, which is very touchy and sucpicious by nature... but man is basically good.

Get back inti PT now!

Love,
Vinaire

The Oracle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Dear TI,

You are OK in my book... very, very OK... I understand everything you went through... stroke-by-stroke... you never meant to offend anybody... but that doesn't apply to an ego, which is very touchy and sucpicious by nature... but man is basically good.

Get back inti PT now!

Love,
Vinaire

Thanks Vinny,

I'm inti PT.
Feels good here!
Maybe somewhat confused about inti.
Maybe I need an inti rundown?