What's new

List Of All Ex Scientologists Who Have Spoken Out

Terril park

Sponsor
Why not let the people on the list decide what is said alongside their name and not label the entire group as anything but Out of Corporate Scientology (meaning Declared or inactive and don't care who knows it)? The official corporation considers it a Suppressive Act to publicly declare you are leaving or have left, so some work is certainly done for them by distributing such a list. A person who has "disagreements" but is still on service lines will obviously find it costly and time consuming to attempt org or Flag services while being listed.

I think any spin applied by the list maintainer makes it easier to paint all with some generalization that doesn't apply to all.

I am a Clear, fully hatted ED, former Mission Holder who walked away from a nightmare. Whether I do self improvement or what flavor it is, well, is a separate topic.

I'm in favour of this initiative. The IFA website found on all my success story posts lists quite a few who are openly and publically in the FZ. The
success stories I've posted often name the auditors with training levels and with their permission. This is all in the public domain.

I shall ask on my FZ forum if anyone wishes there name added. You can add mine for what its worth.

Vinaire

Sponsor
Name (IN details; OUT details)

Vinay Agarwala (SO 1971 -1983 Flagship Apollo, Flag Ft. Harrison, Clearwater. Posting 2007-9 on ESMB as "Vinaire")

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
It would be great if this were in the form of a sortable or searchable database so that people could search by Org or post as well as by name. It would help them find familiar names faster (this list is getting Sooooo looooong that it's getting unwieldy! :coolwink: )

-TL

byte301

Crusader
It would be great if this were in the form of a sortable or searchable database so that people could search by Org or post as well as by name. It would help them find familiar names faster (this list is getting Sooooo looooong that it's getting unwieldy! :coolwink: )

-TL

It's early days so it might be searchable by org in the end.

There's also talk of making a video of it.

Rae

Patron with Honors
Awesome. Just posted it over there. I'll let you know when you get added.

3 more come to mind:
Kenny Wasserman - sued and won
Kelly Wasserman - one of Ken's daughters. Story on Ex-SciKids (I'm almost postive it's Kelly that's out and the other daughter Jamie who's in. co
Skip Press - exScio a journalist.

3 more come to mind:
Kenny Wasserman - sued and won
Kelly Wasserman - one of Ken's daughters. Story on Ex-SciKids (I'm almost postive it's Kelly that's out and the other daughter Jamie who's in. co
Skip Press - exScio a journalist.

Thanks. Kelly and Skip are on list. Do you have any more info on Kenny? How long he was in, info about the lawsuit, etc? That would be helpful.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
The actual number of 'exes' is in the thousands and tens of thousands. Almost certainly multiples of 'current' Scientologists. However, the number of *publicly* out Scientologists is smaller. Still, it's far more than the current list, so, it's wise to point to its incompletion.

Zinj

It is inaccurate to represent everyone on this list as saying that Scientology does not work. The list includes current Scientologists. I'm assuming the correct statement might be that everyone on this list is in open disagreement with the practices and methods of the CoS, some of whom remain Scientologists.

There are practicing Scientologists included on this list, including my dear friend Aida Thomas. As a matter of fact, Aida and her husband performed our Scientology wedding ceremony last February ( at her home in California- not Mexico. Aida is from Mexico, does not live there).

Best,
Dex

My first False Report Report since leaving the church.

I didn't make the list but I believe in it and think it serves a great function. To show all the people who have left Scientology proper and are now getting on with their lives in whatever form. It's also early in the lists development and things can be changed/modified easily. Such as adding "freezoner" to the name or a link to a story which explains the person is practicing whatever form of belief they want to. And modifying the title "ALL THESE PEOPLE ARE SAYING THE SAME THING...SCIENTOLOGY DOESN'T WORK".

But I personally believe those things are of secondary importance right now. They become more important as the list become refined and more complete. Right now it's to get as many names and stories on the list as possible.

But that is just my opinion.

A lot of you who posted here have now made it onto the list!

I couldn't update my original post (maybe the option goes away after a week or something) so I'll post the updated list here. Close to 350 names now.

Edit: Oh a lot of the names have links to people's stories, but the links fail with a copy-paste from WWP. If you are interested in seeing the links just take a cruise over there.

A
Aaron Gottfried, Canadian. book : "The psychiatrist who cured the scientologist", video interview
Aida Thomas-Mexico -Spanish Class VIII Auditor, left after 20 years
Adrian Ribolla-resignation letter to COS ,name listed in Reconnection Magazine 1983-4link
Adrienne Scott-resignation letter to COS,name listed in Reconnection Magazine 1983-4
Agnès Creton-speaks of divorce
Alan Groothius-resignation letter to COS, name listed in Reconnection Magazine 1983-4
Alan Stafford-resignation letter to COS,name listed in Reconnection Magazine 1983-4
Alan Walter-left after 20 years,quote from Time 1993
Alain Stoffen-France (book and lots of TV)
Alex Cornell-SP Times Article1980
Alex Cronin-OTII,resignation letter to COS, name listed in Reconnection Magazine 1983-4
AlexM- 3 years in, one year on staff, 9 months in Berlin, 2 and a half months in San Francisco, German TV ZDF and XenuTv interviews
Allan Stewart-resignation letter to COS,name listed in Reconnection Magazine 1983-4
Allen Stanfield. In for 16 years, out for 9, his blog
Amy Allen-ex Sea Org, her story
Amy Scobee- Joined at age 14. In over 20 years as manager at the church's international base in California. Built the network of Scientology Celebrity Centres[ Sp Times
Andrew Brown-resignation letter to COS,name listed in Reconnection Magazine 1983-4
Anke Dievenkorn- staff,CLEAR, left after 10 years-her story
Annie Tidman- ESMB
Anne Marie Dunning -ex-EO/HCO Executive Secretary, Church of Scientology Buffalo-her story
Andre Tabayoyon-ex Sea Org, many positions, RPF, left after 22 years,Affidavit
Annie Rosenblum-Sea Org, RPF, her testimony
Antoine Young -exscientologist ,wants to hear from his daughter Ashley Brooke Young, who disconnected from him, his plea
Armorel Allen-resignation letter to COS, name listed in Reconnection Magazine 1983-4
Arnaud Berthemet-video
Arnie Lerma-joined Sea Org at 16 years old. His Anti Sci Website
Ariane Jackson -attained highest available level, OT8. Left after 17 years , her story
Astra Woodcraft- ex Sea Org-exscientologkids.com
Astrid von Rönn-more than 20 years, ethics officer,Truth About Scientology in German
Attila Sonkoly - Ex -SO left after 17 yrs
Aude-Claire Malton (France, plaintiff in May 25, 2009 trial)her story

B
Barbara Kaye- Hubbard's girlfriend while he was married,TV Interview Secret Lives of L. Ron Hubbard
Barbara Zizic-dentist, sued Scientolgy
Barrie Weller-resignation letter to COS, name listed in Reconnection Magazine 1983-4
Bent Corydon-the former head of the Riverside mission, Former scientologist of 20 years and
Author of "L. Ron Hubbard: Messiah or Madman
Bernard Green-Interview Scientology The Now Religion
Bertrand Coquoz- link
Bevan Preece-OTIII, Cl IV,resignation letter to COS,name listed in Reconnection Magazine 1983-4
Bill Devlin-resignation letter to COS,name listed in Reconnection Magazine 1983-4
Bill Franks -Former international executive director of the Church of Scientology
Bill Zizic- dentist-sued Scientology
Bob Ainsworth-resignation letter to COS, http://www.truthaboutscientology.com...n/issue01.htmlname listed in Reconnection Magazine 1983-4
Bob Geary-dentist, scammed by Sterling Management Akron Beacon Journal Interview
Bob Penny -left after 13 years -deceased, his story
Bonnie Woods -former Sea Org staff member, OTIII,sued the church,wrote book, Decieved , Runs councel service for ex members
Birgitta Dagnell Harrington -Former head of the Church of Scientology’s OSA for Europe , testimony
Brendan Moore
Brian Auker-resignation letter to COS, name listed in Reconnection Magazine 1983-4
Brian Canup
Brown McKee-SP Times Article 1982
Bruce Hines-Sea Org, left after 30 years, Interviews
Bruce Perkins-mentioned in Inside Scientology-Dianetics 1972
Bryon Kingsley Eckert
Bud Lee-Interview Scientology The Now Religion

C
Carmel Underwood - C/S, Power FSM, ED and active Scn'ist in Sydney '80-'98. "Left" Scn in '08, her story
Carol Garrity- eft after 5 years, Affidavit
Caroline Letkeman -left after 24 years,Affidavit
Casey Kelly-Scientology's finances and recruitment at Flag,spoke at 1982 Clearwater Hearings, vid #1, vid #2
Catarina Sandstrom Pamnell- Sea Org,DPF her website
Carolyn Schofield- lost TWO daughters under COS care! her story
Caspar de Rijk- former founder and director of Scientology Netherlands, Mutiny A Dutch Scientology OrginizationCatarina Sandström Pamnell
Charlotte Kates-ex Sea Org, her story
Cheryl Sola -left after 13 years, her story
Chip Gallo
Chris Lyman
Christopher Reeve- actor, his story, deceased
Claire Headly
Claire Swazey
Claudine Cabay Chatel-Book: Des Pas Dans Ma Mémoire, link
Creed Pearson -left after 26 years, victim of disconnection, his story
Chuck Beatty - left after 27 years, ASI computer Operations Office, his story Helps others now,1-866-XSEAORG
Cynthia Kisser -Former Executive Director of the Cult Awareness Network,her story
Cyril Vosper -Fleft after 14 years,former senior officer scientologist, author of The Mind Benders - Scientology, interview, his story and interview

D
Dallas Hill, born into Scn, ex-Sea Org 98-99 Snr HCO CCInt; 99-02 Snr HCO Int, his story
Dan Garvin -25 years in the Sea Org, 10 years in OSA
Daniel Fumagalli - 1984 to 1989, Zürich, Copenhagen, LA, Commodore's Messenger Org
David Cook - OTVII, left after nin yearsInterview
Darren May, public and staff. left after 10 years
Dave Sweetland-disconnecton victim, Religious Shunning Public TV Interview 2003
David Palter-class IV auditor Toronto
David Graham-ex-Sea Org member
David Griffin-left after 15. Sea Org, lifetime IAS,CC, LA Day,and ASHO,his story
David John Carter - ex-Sea Org member
David Mayo
Dean Wentling, left after 14 years, his story
Debra Barnes- OT VIIInterview
Dede Reisdorf-Panorama Video
Dee Rowe. through Sterling Managenent, her and husband held against her will, testimony
Dennis Erlich -Former high-ranking scientologist,Sea Org, RPF, left after 15 years, exerpts from his story
Diana Conova
Dodie Geary- held for 2 weeks
Donna Shannon- Panorama Interview
Don Larson
Doreen Gillham-ex-commodore messenger,Panarama Video
Dorothy Geary-held against her will, scammed bySterling Management, Akron Journal Interview
Douglas Henry Moon-"]Board of Inquiry Into Scientology
Dr. Donna Shannon

E
Elena Peshevska, staff at Skopje Mission, Macedonia from 2000-2008, Course Supervisor and Treasury Secretary, left after 8 years.
Ed Hattaway- Chiropractor-1992-1995
Edward Walters-SP Times Article 1982
Enrico Costantini-1991-2003 Italy, Testomy in Italian
Eric Dumas De Laroque-video

F
Felicia Tyber-mentioned in Inside Scientology-Dianetics 1972
Frank Gerbode, Dr. -1977-1981,former head of the Palo Alto mission
Franklin Freedman
Frank Notaro-assault and imprisonment, excerpt from Madman Or Messiah
Frank Oliver
Frank Watson, Canada,The Fifth Estate TV Report

G
Gaby Hubeny-left after 12 years
Gary Watkins-Interview Scientology The Now Religion
Gary Weber - ex-member of the Guardian Office
Garry L Scarff aka Smurf aka Xenusmurf (YouTube)
Gene Allard
Gerald Tyber-mentioned in Inside Scientology-Dianetics 1972
Gerhard Förster
Gerry Armstrong-Hubbard's Household Manager, RPF and RPF's RPF, testimony
Giacomo Sotgia
Gloria Neumeyer OTVII declared SP, Interview with the Herald
Glover Rowe-D. M. D.,Dentist joined through Sterling Management, him and wife held against their will, testimony
Grace Aaron- missing son who disconnected, Religious Shunning Public Access TV 2003
Greg Barnes- OTVII Interview
Greg Marlowe, 1975-1978, Affidavit
Gregg Hagglund, story
Gregory H Williams- OTIV,Scn contributor for 29 years,Flag Trained Supervisor,ianetics Auditor, ESMB
Gunther Träger-a member for more than 20 years

H
Håkan Järvå Swedish ex OTIII,Left after 14 years,TV,papers,works as a pysch
Hana Eltringham Whitfield-left after 20 years-Ship's Captain, Deputy Captain, Commodore's Staff Aide, Deputy Commodore of Hubbard's Three Ships, and part of GO
Hank Levin,editor of "The Free Spirit" magazine, deceased
Helen O'Brien- Cos Exec, wrote, Dianetics In Limbo
Homer Schomer -Treasury Secretary of ASI
Homer Wilson Smith-freezoner

I
Ildiko Bajnoczi Former scientologist, reached OT 8, story
Isabelle Berts-video
Isabel Hsin-Yu Chang

J
Jack Horner- Interview Scientology The Now Religion
James Anderson, left after 25 years,Ex AOSH ANZO DIR I+R / MAA, Auditor, Patron of IAS, declared , ESMB
Jane Scott
Janice Hayward -sued the Church of Scientology
Janie Peterson -former member of the Guardian Office
Jason Beghe-actor, spoke in Germany,story and vids
Jeanette Schweitzer
Jean-Jacques Greneron- story
Jean-Luc Barbier
Jean-Paul Dubreuil, wrote book,'Les Coulisses de la Scientologie'
Jeff Dubron-Panorama Video
Jeff Hawkins-in for 35 years -top level- Int. Base Hemet
Jenna Miscavige -ex Sear Org nice of David Miscavige-Exscientologykids.com,Numerous Interviews
Jennifer Gorman -raped by top Scientologist supervisor- story
Jerry Tannenbaum-Interview Scientology The Now religion
Jerry Whitfield- his story
Jesse Prince-highest ranking officer in Scientology's Sea Org, witness in Lisa McPherson trial
Jim Beebe - worked for the old CAN after leaving - deceased, Interview
Jim Logan- ESMB
Jim Dimcalci - Hubbard's Medical Officer
Joe Harrington- deceased
John Cullison
John Duignan- Sea Org 20 years Wrote The Complex
John McLean
John McMaster- FIRST CLEAR, Interview Scientology The Now Religion
John Peeler ("BTs2Free") Former high ranking scientologist
Jon Atack-left after 9 years,NOTs, Cl II, wrote A Piece of Blue Sky
Joyce Stephenson
Juan Esteban Cordero- filed case against COS for "progressive mental conditioning''. He spent more than $167,000 on Scientology-related courses.
Julie Christofferson Titchbourne -sued the Church and Hubbard for 43-million

K
Karen [Schless] Pressley - left after 16 years, 9 years as staff member. Author of a book titled Escaping Scientology.
Kathryn Smith
Karen Wolff- (also Karen Mitchell and Oram)Exscientologykids.com
Karsten J. Lorenzen
Kelly Wasserman, ESMB
Ken Aaron-missing son that disconnected
Ken Rose
Ken Urquhart, publically listed as a freezone auditor
Kendra Wiseman- ex Sea Org member-excientologykids.com
Kenny Wasserman - sued COS and won
Kevin Creech- some time on staff, mostly public-in for 29 years, left in 2004
Kevin Mackey-left after 26 years, OT VII, IAS Patron, Cornerstones. Ex staff
Kima Douglas
Kim Baker

L
Larry Brennan -Watch Dog Committee- Bloghis story and vids
Larry Wollersheim -left after 11 years, sued Scientology
Laura DeCrescenzo
Laurel Sullivan- left after 15 years
La Venda Van Schaick -left after 9 years
Lawrence Woodcraft- ex Sea Org member-interview and Freewinds Asbestos Declaration
Lee Reynolds- staff secretarty treasury
Lloyd Greenburg-class 6 trained, old OTVII, deceased
Lorna Levett
Louise Cook
Ludis Birss-Panorama video

M
Mac Stevens-Letter To Fellow Scientologists
Madeleine Genesse, Canada (TV interview) deceased
Magne Berge -Norwegian Sued the Church of Scientology and won
Marc Headley
Margery Wakefield-left after 12 years. Authored four books, Affidavit
Margo Zumbrich-mentioned in Inside Scientology-Dianetics 1972
Maria Pia Gardini -OT VIII, Class 9 AuditorInterview
Marion Evoy- former Canadian head of Scientology's Guardian Office, testified in court against Scientology in 1992, her story
Mark Owen Plummer- Former Sea Org executive, left scientology after 14 years-his story
Martha Greene Creech- some time on staff, mostly public-in for 29 years, left in 2004
Martine Boublil ? brother was in, was she?
Martin Ruston
Martin Hunt
Martin Ottmann- Sea Org
Martin Samuels
Marty Rathbun- in for over 27 years, top exec- still practicing and auditing, SP Times
Mary Ann Bosnos- her story
Mary Tabayoyon-Member of the Sea Organisation for 21 years
Mary Johnston -sued the Church of Scientology, settled out of court ,her story
Mary L McKinnon- Staff,New York Org, ASHO and Boston Org between 1968-'78?.
Maureen Bolstad-
Melanie Wagner- ESKMB
Melissa Miller
Michael Blasingame-ESKMB
Michael Pattison-OT8 scientologist, left after 24 years, his story
Mick Wenlock-Sea Org, left after 12 years. his story
Mike Argue-musician, in band Chester,OT VII,auditor,staff,Toronto,story
Mike DeWolf -pretty sure this is a psuedo name?
Mike Goldstein-,SU/Special Unit or WDC/Watchdog Committee/Hubbard's Finance Controller, his story
Mike Henderson-IAS Patron (donated at least $40,000 reached OT 8, left after 34 years, his story, also has vids on YouTube
Michael Leonard Tilse-Sea Org, left after 27 years, his story
Mike Rinder-CO OSA Int
Mike McClaughry- ex RTC, GO, OSA ,his story
Miss Sieber
Moira Hutchison-SeaOrg East Grinstead, RPF,kidnapped her story
Molly Hutchinson- her story
Mona Vasquez- France (wrote books and Tv appearances)
Monica Pignotti-ex Sea Org,in six years, Flagship Apollo,RPF, her storyNine Lives in COS
Monica Saxon-Interview Scientology The Now Religion
Morton Morvis-mentioned in Inside Scientology-Dianetics 1972
Mylene Beyer-France-ex-sea org, left after 21 years (french radio interview)

N
Nan McLean Nan McLean -Ontario. In the 1970's she was a major target for Scientology Fair Game
Nancy Many- former president of the Celebrity Center and under cover operative for the Guardian’s Office, OSA and RTC, testified in the Lisa McPherson trial in 2002-testimony
Natasha Lobitsch-Sea Org kid , Interview
Neil Clark, Staffer and Sea Org. Scientology - Through the Door - Interviews
Nelly Reziga (France, plaintiff in May 25, 2009 trial)
Nick Robinson- Interview Scientology The Now Religion
Noel Matarandirotya-his story
Norbert Potthoff-Spokesperson until 1987, Düsseldorf Org

O
Otto Roos

P
Patricia Braine-left after 15 years
Patrick Jost
Patty Pieniadz - left after almost 30 years, her story
Paul Adams-ex Sea Org, 1972-1996 AOSHUK, ITO, aka DumbOldfart, his story
Paul David Schofield
Paul Grosswald
Paul Simmel- his story
Pertti Muhli, story
Perry Scott, story
Pete Griffith, 3 years on staff and 3 years as mission ED in UK, YT channel
Peter Alexander-)TVII left after 20 years, Interview
Peter Devaney Jr.- Sea Org , left in 1982
Peter Forde- ex Sea Org, his story
Peter Gilham - Class VIII, OT VII, was with LRH at La Quinta- KESQ-TV Interview with Nathan Baca
Peter Letterese
Peter Voßmerbäumer
Phillip Bennett Wearne-Board of Inquiry Into Scientology
Phil Scott-quotes
Pierre Ethier-Class XII Auditor. Still practices and audits
Pierre Junqua-video
Pierre Wetzell, French TV Interview ,link to video

R
Raymond Scapillato- France (book)
Renzo Lancia--mentioned in Inside Scientology-Dianetics1972
Reverend Murray Luther Scientology insider, 30 years in
Rhett Westerman
Richard Woods-public, husband of Bonnie Woodssued Scientology
Rich Dunning -ex-Deputy to the Executive Director, Church of Scientology of Buffalo , his story
Rex Basterfield
Richard Ford- Leaving Scientology
Rizwan Basha- left after 10 yeqars, ESMB
Robert Dam
Robert Dardano -former member of the Guardian Office
Robert Geary -Dentist
Robert Kaufman- How I Joined Scientology/Dianetics and Became Superhuman
Robert Vaughn Young-Public Relations Officer, left after 21 years-RPF, RPf's RPF, testimony, deceased
Robert Wallace- 10 months-Staff- TTC- Dallas Org
Roberto Diaz-Argentina, video
Rod Pearson
Roger Boswarva Chaplain London and PES 1967-8, went under cover for the GO 1969-82, Declaredhis story
Ron Glazier
Roger Gonnet
Roland Rashleigh-Berry-left after 5 years-What is Scientology?
Ron (Hubbard) DeWolfe- Hubbard's son!-Executive Secretary,"Better than 90 percent of what my father has written about himself is untrue." , his story
Ruth Lorenzen- left after 15 years
Roxanne Friend-She was led to believe that Scientology could cure her cancer, her story-deceased
Ruth Lorenzen. her story

S
Sabrina Zimmer. Staff from 1994-2001. Declared.
Sara Northrup- Hubbard's second wife, spoke about about being tortured by Hubbard
Scott Bradley - fmr Director of Income at the Melbourne Day org, ESMB testimony
Scott Mayer Former senior-executive scientologist, left after 12 years -deceased
Scott Yeager-Affidavit
Sean Ostler
Shane Vincent
Sharon Stainforth- her story
Sheila Gentry: 1975-1986, Sea Org @ AOLA, LRH Comm, Ethics Officer, staff member, public
Shiona Fox
Skip Press - now a journalist
Stacy Brooks Young-GO/OSA staffer, left after nearly 15 years, Declaration
Stacey Michelle Wentling- left after 14 yrs, Staff WPB Msn '91-92. Div 6 MM Org '92-95, her story
Steven Fishman, incredible story. Website and wrote The Lonesome Squirrel
Stephen Von Hatten-joned through Applied Scholastics, testimony
Stewart Gadner
Sue Deutscher- her story
Sue Thompson, aka Sue James or Henderson, telex op, left after thirty years, her story
Susan Lentsch ex-staff, disconnected, heartbroken mother
Susan Simmel
Susan Talbot -Class V1 Auditor & C/S, There for 15 years, left because of the forced abortions & abuses.
Susanne Elleby-1988 to 1990, Flag in Clearwater, "missionaire" in Copenhagen
Suzette M. Dearing
Sylvain Bilodeau, Canada (TV interview)
Sylvana Garritano

T
Tanja Neumann - EX-SeaOrg kid-YouTube: Bori n Into Scientology XENUTV
Tara Hathaway
Ted Mayett
Teresa Summers-her story
Thea Geenberg, class 6 trained old OTVII, deceased
Thomas Henry Sørensen - Guardian's Office,his story OCB
Tim Skog-left after 10 years, former GO/OSA
Tom DeVocht-oversaw the church's spiritual headquarters in Clearwater
Tommy Gorman- ex staff, -story
Tom Padgett -Sea Org, target of fair game practice after he left. Interview
Tom Smith
Tom Voltz -author of Scientology With(out) an End
Tom Weeks- Ex Sea Org
Tonja Burden Former scientologist, spent five years in scientology as a teenager , Affidavit
Tory Christman-left after 30 years-OT VII, EX-SEA ORG, EX OSA, MANY INTERVIEWS -her storyInterviews too numerous to list
Troy Miranda

V
Valerie Stansfield-Panorama video
Vernon D. Cain Jr.-story in letter
Vickie Aznaran- left after 15 years
Vickki Ford-OTVII, left after nine yearsInterview
Vinay Agarwala (SO 1971 -1983 Flagship Apollo, Flag Ft. Harrison, Clearwater
Vince Shlomi- SHAM WOW Fame,Took COS to court 2004,Gawker article
Virginia McClaughry-OTVII,her story
Vivien Krogman - Ex-SeaOrg kid-YouTube Born Into Scientology
Vickey Makey-left after 26 years, OT VII, IAS Patron, Cornerstones. Ex staff

W
Wayne Whitney -deceased
Werner Hubeny- left after 12 years
Wilfried Handl-Austria 28 years in, formaly high ranking, wrote a book, a lot of TV, some recitals, quote
William S. Burroughs, American writer-deceased-Burroughs on Scientology

Y
Yolanda Howell- Sea Org, HEART BREAKING STORY

Z
Zane Thomas- Sea Org,imprisonment
Zoe Woodcraft- ex Sea Org member-Interview and Affidavit

Last edited:
The actual number of 'exes' is in the thousands and tens of thousands. Almost certainly multiples of 'current' Scientologists. However, the number of *publicly* out Scientologists is smaller. Still, it's far more than the current list, so, it's wise to point to its incompletion.

Zinj

And your point is......?

This isn't a list of exes, it's a list of exes who have spoken out. If you want to start making a list of all exes, go for it.

Zinjifar

And your point is......?

This isn't a list of exes, it's a list of exes who have spoken out. If you want to start making a list of all execs, go for it.

My point would be that it's not even a list of publicly 'ex church' Scientologists, but instead a list of those easily found. I'm not saying it's not a good start, but, this 'poll' type listing has implications to being 'here it is'. No; it's the start of a list that is incomplete and will need constant updating. It's not a reflection on the 'list' itself, but on the implication that it could even possibly be an exhaustive list.

Zinj

My point would be that it's not even a list of publicly 'ex church' Scientologists, but instead a list of those easily found. I'm not saying it's not a good start, but, this 'poll' type listing has implications to being 'here it is'. No; it's the start of a list that is incomplete and will need constant updating. It's not a reflection on the 'list' itself, but on the implication that it could even possibly be an exhaustive list.

Zinj

I still don't get what your point is. In a magical world, yes, we would know all ex-scientologists instantly and have a complete story on each written by the best authors. But Rainbow Bright isn't president and pigs don't fly.

No, the list has to start somewhere so why are you shooting it down already? No one said it's complete or even close to it. A lot of people who left Scientology and spoke out did it prior to ESMB, ClamBake, etc. So their names and stories are not easily found and requires work. Which we are doing and you are complaining about.

If you think they were all easily found maybe you should read the whole thread on WWP that was started over two weeks ago. I've posted here, on ExScnKids and over there collecting names and stories. I've put a few hours of work into it just myself and others have done more than me I'm sure.

Maybe instead of complaining about it you could do a little research and add a name or two? Hmmmm? Or would that be too much work?

By the way, there have been at least three exes who posted their full names for the first time over on WWP, BECAUSE OF THIS LIST. I'm proud to be part of that.

Zinjifar

Not All

My objection is *this*:

Words have meanings and, I don't object to the List, but, the implication of the 'title' of the list is actually counter productive. Because it's *not*

Zinj

My objection is *this*:

Words have meanings and, I don't object to the List, but, the implication of the 'title' of the list is actually counter productive. Because it's *not*

Zinj

:eyeroll:

Ok Mr Symantics. It's not going before congress to be put into law just yet. It's simply a list, in-progress, on a thread. You can post your complaint over at WWP if you want or send a PM to RightOn who started the list. He/she is very nice and would give you due attention.

But it's kind of like seeing someone trying to put out a fire and instead of helping you say, "You're doing it wrong."

byte301

Crusader
Zinj,

That won't be the name of the list in the end. They are taking a vote on the name later.

We may never get the names of all exes who've spoken out but we can give it a try.:)

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'd have tweaked by now....

Zinj,

That won't be the name of the list in the end. They are taking a vote on the name later.

We may never get the names of all exes who've spoken out but we can give it a try.:)

Hell...I'm quite impressed that all your posts haven't been simply tons of:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: after how this thread went down. It's all good...well, IMHO, but I don't count for that much when it comes down to it:D

Carmel

Crusader
:eyeroll:

Ok Mr Symantics. It's not going before congress to be put into law just yet. It's simply a list, in-progress, on a thread. You can post your complaint over at WWP if you want or send a PM to RightOn who started the list. He/she is very nice and would give you due attention.

But it's kind of like seeing someone trying to put out a fire and instead of helping you say, "You're doing it wrong."

Hey, for the record, I cringed when I saw the title of the list.

I would have pefered to see "List of some Exes who have spoken out". It perturbed me enough, to want to stay off the list (I thought if I stayed off it, at least the ANZOites sitting on the fence and seeing it would realise that the list was incomplete). Later I changed my mind, but I still don't feel comfortable about it.

I don't think it's just about symantics. If anything, that title works against us, and I for one would like to see it changed. It gives ammo to OSA, to those zealots still in, and it gives an incorrect picture to fence sitters looking for info.

Here are some more names that can be added:

Tim Underwood - Sydney staff member 79-86, and ED HCA Sydney in '90's
Greg Williams - Sydney staff member and major contributor '79 - '08
Peta O'Brien - SO member at CLO and AOSH ANZO, and field contributor
Aaron Judge - Cadet and SO member in Sydney for 15 years
Dean Detheridge - ED ACT (Australian Capital Territory) (staff member for 20 years)
Ana Deatheridge - 13 years on staff in ACT and Sydney

I know of about 15 more who may add their names - they've been contacted about it, and it'll be up to them.

I also know of another 35 or so, who have spoken out about Scn. However, in this country just about everyone googles the name of potential business associates these days, and because of this, many who have spoken out wouldn't want their names on the list - They don't want to be seen as having any association with the CofS by potential business associates.

In addition to these guys, I know or know of another 400 or so who have become exes in the last nine months, but they aren't up to letting it be known that they are out yet, mostly because of jobs or family at stake. They are speaking out though, to the public and to friends still "in" - Where they stand and their "speaking out" (despite being in the ranks of the "underground") counts for much but can't be promoted at this time. :)