What's new

Invitation to all black Scientologists- This blew my mind!

BBERRY

Patron
I can't get the image to paste but here is the text:

You are cordially invited to a VIP reception hosted by:

Leah Remini
Chaka Khan
Daphne Wayans
Alfreddie Johnson
Minister Louis Farrakhan

(WTF?)
Aug 8th at CC Int
Sponsored by Ebony Awakening and the IAS

Because DM just SCREAMS racial tolerance doesn't he??

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron
I can't get the image to paste but here is the text:

You are cordially invited to a VIP reception hosted by:

Leah Remini
Chaka Khan
Daphne Wayans
Alfreddie Johnson
Minister Louis Farrakhan

(WTF?)
Aug 8th at CC Int
Sponsored by Ebony Awakening and the IAS

Because DM just SCREAMS racial tolerance doesn't he??

Now that is an interesting list of invitees. I have first hand data that Chaka Khan is a Christian and NOT a scientologist.

Reverend Alfreddie Johnson has been embroiled in various scandals in the City of Lynwood, he is also known in the scientology community as being the founders of the World Literacy Crusade with his best friend Fred Shaw, II: http://www.studytech.org/1995/08/tampa_tribuneisaac_hayes_plugs.php

Here you can see the results in Lynwood’s Poll to Recall Alfreddie Johnson http://www.smartvoter.org/2007/09/25/ca/la/race/3/. Here is another link to a series of new paper articles covering the successful recall and the attempt by Alfreddie as well as three other council members to stop the recall: http://articles.latimes.com/2007/sep/27/local/me-lynwood27

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
What does Louis Farrakhan have to do with Scientology? Last I heard he ran a *competing* bug-shit-crazy UFO Cult.

Zinj

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Strangely enough!

What does Louis Farrakhan have to do with Scientology? Last I heard he ran a *competing* bug-shit-crazy UFO Cult.

Zinj

At Flag a few years ago I was there concurrently with a group of black ministers from Florida and around the USA, who had been roped into going there for some sort of convention or conference on (I think) world religion(s).

These guys were a lot of fun to talk to and a bit worried as to just WTF was goin' on and wonderin' what they had got themselves into.

Bein' the sort of fella I am, I went out of my way to make 'em feel OK and welcome - which worked to a certain degree I suppose. Dunno, actually, but I tried. They kinda rolled their eyes and laughed politely, but nervously.

This was coincident with some scio big deal - maybe Ron's birthday - but we were told that Farrakhan did chime in with a speaker-phone call... extolling Hubbard as some kind of "angel come down to earth" or similar sentiment.

Chaka Khan's group also performed at Friday graduation and put on a danm good show, I must say. Talented, professional kids! Then the kids were seen around chowin' down and horsin' around in the Lemon Tree cafeteria and just looking and acting like kids.

Alfreddy Johnson was around doing stuff too.

The larger and/or underlying connection(s) are not known to me at all - but it was an interesting Flag visit for sure.

Hopefully, others will remember and share more info and insight.

EP

Last edited:

Blue Spirit

Silver Meritorious Patron
A.J.

Years ago I spoke to Alfreddie Johnson at Flag, asking

him who is FSM was. He said: "The man upstairs." (God)

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
Farrakhan and the CoS seem to be well matched as he appears to be a fan of conspiracy theories:

“In comments regarding the destruction of large parts of New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina, Louis Farrakhan stated that there was a 25-foot (7.6 m) hole under one of the key levees that failed, and implied that the levee's destruction was a deliberate attempt to wipe out the population of largely black sections within the city. Farrakhan later said that New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin told him of the crater during a meeting in Dallas, Texas. Farrakhan further claimed the fact that the levee broke the day after Hurricane Katrina is proof that the destruction of the levee was not a natural occurrence.” (Wikipedia)

And he apparently admitted involvement in the death of Malcolm X. Two months before Malcolm X was murdered in 1965, Farrakhan called him a traitor and said : "such a man is worthy of death."

In an interview with CBS in 2000, he said: "I may have been complicit in words that I spoke leading up to February 21 [1965]" (CBSnews.com)

Farrakhan is not noted for his tolerance of people who do not believe the same things as him.

So, a pretty good fit with the ‘Church’ of Scientology then.

Axiom142

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron
Chaka Khan is a Scientologist albeit probably only public type stuff, not like Crazy McCruise there.

http://www.adherents.com/people/pk/Chaka_Khan.html

I am telling you – first hand data, she is not a scientologist. She thinks the tech is good and works and likes the study tech and Purif a lot – but bottom line is she is a Christian through and through. So, anyhew, the World Literacy Crusade involvement totally makes sense. And read what she says. It’s not scientology she is into.