What's new

Who is Geir Isene?

exscilon

Patron
Could you please enlighten me about these supposed powers?

What claims are made about OT VIII's?

I have been out of touch.

An OT VIII would be able to answer that question better than I.

I'd at least expect an OT VIII to be able to exteriorize and be able to perceive the material universe outside their body.

A testable claim.

Vinaire - Do you think an OT VIII has any abilities that wogs don't possess?

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
There's some discussion of this here on ESMB eg:
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=132509&postcount=106
Panda: You'll never meet a New OT8 who will actually claim to be cause over matter, energy, space and time etc (you may see CofS propaganda to that effect). If you do, you're listening to someone who either didn't do New OT8 or didn't spot the actual Truth Revealed.
Don't be too surprised at New OT8s acting like ratty assholes, how would you feel if you spent all that time and money, jumped through numerous arbitrary hoops, put up with all sorts of demeaning crap from MAAs and abased yourself to the Gods of RTC only to end up finding out what every OT8 finds out about "The Bridge To Total Freedom"? You can't unknow it, eh, Mike? :bigcry:
Do a search of the forum on "OTVIII" or "OT8" and you'll learn some stuff. :)

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
The most striking OTVIII power I've ever witnessed was an astounding ability to run a Tone Scale from bottom to top and back again in a practically inertialess manner.

Zinj

Pepin

Patron with Honors

I'd at least expect an OT VIII to be able to exteriorize and be able to perceive the material universe outside their body.

A testable claim.

I know people who do this regularly and are only OT I

Vinaire

Sponsor

A testable claim.

How can one test that?

Ackerland

Patron with Honors
Simple. Make the OT turn around facing a wall. Hold up a given amount of fingers behind his back and ask him how many you are holding up.

Testing total recall?
Show someone who is clear two pages of a book for 2 seconds. Close enough for the person to make out the details, but not long enough to read each word. Hubbard says clears have perfect recall for each of the senses, including sight with each perception being stored in memory in all detail. The clear should now be able to tell what is written on these two pages, word for word.

Hubbard's claims are on the most part scientifically testable. On one hand Hubbard goes out and claims he has invented a science, but on the other hand forbids any of his followers to test his claims. Does that smell strange to you?

Pepin

Patron with Honors
Simple. Make the OT turn around facing a wall. Hold up a given amount of fingers behind his back and ask him how many you are holding up.

Testing total recall?
Show someone who is clear two pages of a book for 2 seconds. Close enough for the person to make out the details, but not long enough to read each word. Hubbard says clears have perfect recall for each of the senses, including sight with each perception being stored in memory in all detail. The clear should now be able to tell what is written on these two pages, word for word.

Hubbard's claims are on the most part scientifically testable. On one hand Hubbard goes out and claims he has invented a science, but on the other hand forbids any of his followers to test his claims. Does that smell strange to you?
That doesn't prove a person is "exterior"
people can see these things with their minds alone.

Some people have the ability to see distant places and times and still have the viewpoint of a body.

Some people have the ability to see distant places and times and still have the viewpoint of a body.

Imagination is not unusual, or OT.
Distinguishing between imagination and reality might be a true OT ability for many.

Vinaire

Sponsor

Testing total recall?

These are parlour tricks. Is that what one is supposed to learn on OT VIII?

Being exterior to the body, or to the physical universe, is something else. As far as I have experienced it, it is purely subjective.

Ask Buddha. Forget about Hubbard, he was all marketing.

Ackerland

Patron with Honors

We're not talking about what person xyz thinks about how being exterior is supposed to be. We're talking about what Hubbard said it is going to be like and what is promised to Scientologists.

From http://www.dianetics.org.au/L_Ron_Hubbard/page_4/

Further work led to development of techniques that enabled an exterior being to regain his innate powers to operate independent of the body. Ron had succeeded in mapping a route anyone could walk to higher levels of awareness and ability.

They said "operate", not be in some batshit whacko state of mind where you just feel good about yourself. I don't have all the materials on what Hubbard wrote about exteriorisation, but judging on how some Scientologists are happy to report they "saw their room from above" and other claimed supernatural abilities like going exterior to fix a broken car engine as is written in one of their OT magazines, *that* state of exterior is scientifically testable, and this is what I am talking about.

Who's talking about imagination?

You might actually believe it, but that still doesn't make it anything other than imagination. Scientology whether in the freezone on in Hubbard's formal cult, has never even remotely come close to producing an OT, ... not even remotely close, and it never will even come close, but then again Scientology was never intended to actually produce anything, let alone a "Clear" or "OT". All of Hubbard's so-called "Tech" is nothing but a con man's game of hypnosis ... and hypnotizing people into believing something, does not even come close to it making it reality.

uncle sam

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hey Vinaire....

Being exterior to the body, or to the physical universe, is something else. As far as I have experienced it, it is purely subjective.

Ask Buddha. Forget about Hubbard, he was all marketing.

I like "Buddha"---don't like hubbard!

MostlyLurker

Patron Meritorious
Thanks lie2meiluvit for the link to the video.

Disconnection is in full use by the Church. :angry:

Thanks AnonymousNorway for the subtitles.

Pepin

Patron with Honors
You might actually believe it, but that still doesn't make it anything other than imagination. Scientology whether in the freezone on in Hubbard's formal cult, has never even remotely come close to producing an OT, ... not even remotely close, and it never will even come close, but then again Scientology was never intended to actually produce anything, let alone a "Clear" or "OT". All of Hubbard's so-called "Tech" is nothing but a con man's game of hypnosis ... and hypnotizing people into believing something, does not even come close to it making it reality.

I wasn't aware that the discussion was centered around Hubbard craft. You can prove that their are and have never been any people OT or clear?