What's new

Who is Geir Isene?

That's a postulated/posited potential "ability", some savants seem to do it easily enough, does that mean they're Clear?

I don't know any Clears who could do it with certainty (unless, of course, it was a particularly memorable shirt) and don't agree that it's a good test of whether or not the guy is Clear.

It would be a simple start, there are many other characteristics Hubbard claimed besides total recall. The fact still remains that Scientology has never stood up to the claims Hubbard made and Hubbard was never willing to have his material be scientifically tested ... and for good reason of course. It's a hypnotic con game. All it can ever do is make you believe it has power nothing more. Look at poor George the OT VIII, he is a model Scientologist, his head is so messed up by Scientology, he actually thinks barking out idiotic hypnotic anchors will have the same effect on someone who is not brainwashed as it does on him and other OTs.

Oh and yes savants would be closer to Hubbard's characteristics of Clear than any Scientologist who was conned into believing he or she attained that state and attested to it

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
It would be a simple start, there are many other characteristics Hubbard claimed besides total recall. The fact still remains that Scientology has never stood up to the claims Hubbard made and Hubbard was never willing to have his material be scientifically tested ... and for good reason of course. It's a hypnotic con game. All it can ever do is make you believe it has power nothing more. Look at poor George the OT VIII, he is a model Scientologist, his head is so messed up by Scientology, he actually thinks barking out idiotic hypnotic anchors will have the same effect on someone who is not brainwashed as it does on him and other OTs.
What you seem to be saying, then, is that you'd like to see proof of the veracity of Hubbard's claims. I'm afraid that may be a long time coming.

Regarding the behaviour of some OTVIIIs, how would you rate the actions of OTVIII, Geir Isene?

Oh look, we're back on thread! :)

What you seem to be saying, then, is that you'd like to see proof of the veacity of Hubbard's claims. I'm afraid that may be a long time coming.

Regarding the behaviour of some OTVIIIs, how would you rate the actions of OTVIII, Geir Isene? Oh look, we're back on thread! :)

Geir Isene seems like any other normal person I've met on the street who never even heard of Scientology, except he is still reducing his hard work and accomplishments by attributing them to Ron The Con, but I guess it takes time to believe in yourself and accept Hubbard and Scientology for what they really are.

Pepin

Patron with Honors
Geir Isene seems like any other normal person I've met on the street who never even heard of Scientology, except he is still reducing his hard work and accomplishments by attributing them to Ron The Con, but I guess it takes time to believe in yourself and accept Hubbard and Scientology for what they really are.

Give it a rest.

I have noticed that when anybody has an opinion about anything, you somehow bring Hubbard into it and a roundabout flame that is usually off topic.

Give it a rest.

I have noticed that when anybody has an opinion about anything, you somehow bring Hubbard into it and a roundabout flame that is usually off topic.

lol what was off topic about my comment? If you are so troubled with the question I was asked or by the answer I gave then don't read it ... it's really that simple

Or find an OT and ask him or her to stop me from posting :coolwink:

ChronicEnturbulator

Patron with Honors
Give it a rest.

I do seem to recall that this may have been at one point, a "Ex Scientologist" Message Board, and if you discuss Scientology it's pretty hard to NOT talk about Lafayette Ronald Hubbard, since he made the whole thing up, but that seems to have changed sometime before your post here.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
That's a postulated/posited potential "ability", some autistic-savants seem to do it easily enough, does that mean they're Clear?

I don't know any Clears who could do it with certainty (unless, of course, it was a particularly memorable shirt) and don't agree that it's a good test of whether or not the guy is Clear.

I think you may have this round the wrong way Panda.

Firstly Hubbard did not say it was a "potential" ability. he said it was a fact -Clears have perfect recall. So yes, it is a totally valid test for the state of clear to check the "clear's" recall - if they do not have perfect recall then they are, by the defintiion of the person who dreamed up the state - not clear.

As for whether autistic savants "do it" that is neither here nor there - though I have never heard of a reported case of any autistic person having perfect recall. Are you sure you are not channelling "Rainman"?

If the tubby blowhard had not been so intent on "wowing" everyone he could have said "vastly improved" recall and thousands of scientologists would have been writing glowing success stories about how they used to forget what was on the shopping list but now can remember to buy the baked beans.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Mick, I'm just playing!

I've written elsewhere about the differences between how Hubbard defines a Clear and how those who believe they achieved that State would define it.

Hubbard redefines the "abilities" and characteristics throughout the Tech, particularly at OT3 and in the NOTs series. The DMSMH definition is surely a posited/postulated definition given the complete absence of Clears at that time. The bottom line (to me) is that he was more given to hyperbole and exaggeration than factual measurement and analysis of a condition.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
So is Geir Isene, The Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus, or The Easter Bunny? We all sure as hell know he's not an OT, since Scientology in no shape or form has ever remotely even come close to producing the imaginary state of Clear or OT.
CNCML, I thought you were leaving?

You state categorically, "We all sure as hell know he's not an OT..."? What makes you think that? Have you even met Geir?

You seem to be so very sure of your opinion when it comes to scientology, Clears and OTs. I've asked you many times where you get this resounding certainty, a certainty you state repeatedly at every opportunity (whether it's pertinent to the discussion or not) but you never seem to answer that question.

How did you become such an authority on scientology, Clears and OT?

How would you possibly recognise a Clear/OT if they don't exist for you?

Do you really think that Hubbard's definitions and ramblings are the only yardstick by which these things are measured? The only people I know who think like that are die-hard scientologists.

Many here have tried to give you a clue about this but your blind adherence to your own adopted certainty and continual reiteration of it seems to preclude you ever getting one.

CNCML, I thought you were leaving?

You state categorically, "We all sure as hell know he's not an OT..."? What makes you think that? Have you even met Geir?

You seem to be so very sure of your opinion when it comes to scientology, Clears and OTs. I've asked you many times where you get this resounding certainty, a certainty you state repeatedly at every opportunity (whether it's pertinent to the discussion or not) but you never seem to answer that question.

How did you become such an authority on scientology, Clears and OT?

How would you possibly recognise a Clear/OT if they don't exist for you?

Do you really think that Hubbard's definitions and ramblings are the only yardstick by which these things are measured? The only people I know who think like that are die-hard scientologists.

Many here have tried to give you a clue about this but your blind adherence to your own adopted certainty and continual reiteration of it seems to preclude you ever getting one.

Yes As far as Scientology goes we can only go by Hubbard's definitions and ramblings. They are the only yardstick by which these things are measured. Redefining these imaginary state to anything else is no longer Scientology is is something else.

Believe me, I'd be more than happy to admit I was mistaken and leave, show me the proof he or anyone else is an OT or Clear as defined by Ron The Con, and you will never hear from me again.

But what about my questions? :confused2:

This is not brain surgery. Hubbard made specific absolute claims about these imaginary states which can very easily be tested. No one has to be an expert to test these claims. The fact still remains Scientology or any of Hubbard's material has never even remotely come close to helping anyone attain these states, they are just as imaginary as when Hubbard first came up with his mind control con game.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
This is not brain surgery. Hubbard made specific absolute claims about these imaginary states which can very easily be tested. No one has to be an expert to test these claims. The fact still remains Scientology or any of Hubbard's material has never even remotely come close to helping anyone attain these states, they are just as imaginary as when Hubbard first came up with his mind control con game.
Is that it?

You'd need to see something demonstrated before your own eyes before you'd believe that it exists?

Scenario #1: "OT" moves object to move across the table without touching it.
Witness to Scenario #1: "That doesn't prove you're OT, that's just telekinesis, plenty of non-"OTs" can do that."

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
PT: Wow, did you see that spaceship zoom by?

Z: Huh? Wow, no, I musta missed it. All I saw was a bus.

PT: No; it was a spaceship!

Z: No; it was a *bus*!

PT: Oh, I see what' confusing you! I *call* a bus a spaceship because I like the word.

Z: Uh huh.

Zinj