What's new

Stonelands

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Yeah - I forgot the Bowlings - I think Maddie did a spell in Treasury - but I was thinking of someone else.

Nick

I just get a flash of Cindy. I'm thinking of a short girl with blond hair. Could be someone else though.

Paul

nw2394

Silver Meritorious Patron
I also remember most of those names in the previous post.
One person I wold like to know more about is Maggie Brown, as we were on the EPF together and she was funny and we had a good time together.
She was from somewhere up north anyway.

We must know each other then - Maggie was on the EPF at a similar time to me - not sure if she was just before or just after. Yorkshire lass - very pleasant person - when I got married in Feb 84 we did the registry office thing then had a Scn service in the Chapel - Maggie did the honours.

No info on her now.

Nick

nw2394

I just get a flash of Cindy. I'm thinking of a short girl with blond hair. Could be someone else though.

Paul

Yeah - she was slightly below average height and blond - I'm sure she had a kid - if she wasn't so dark under the eyes from working such long hours in Treas she would have been quite attractive.

Nick

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
I only had a brief stay at Stonelands in early 84.

Joined late 78 as part of FOLO UK, but we were berthed in the Stables iirc. And soon after we went to St Mary's in Rottingdean. When FOLO moved back to St Hill, I was at Brooke House. Got married Feb 84 and moved to Stonelands - but we left a month after that.

I remember a lot of the names in this thread - though we were a little separate from AOSH UK, SH Fdn and really quite a lot separate from GOWW. For example, I knew Paul here - but frankly I've got to know him better since we've both left from his postings here and elsewhere.

Trying to recall who I did know um.... the Didcoates - er Richard and Kathy; the Stannards - Phil and Lynne; Pauline Chatterton; Ken Warren - he was married to Astrid for a while (forget her other surnames); David Beale and his missus Pam; Rod and Linda Jones; Ron (Hoppy) Hopkins - can't remember his wife's name; Then then was Manfred and Melita Luck - and they had a daughter Celeste Oram; then there was Geraldine somebody - can't remember her surname either - she had a brother who was a sup or D of T in AOSH UK for a long while; oh and June Turner; Robin and Adrienne Scott; um Mike and Carole Grope - and they had a son whose name started with N but I forget exactly what; Bibi Langley - and her hubby - but I've forgotten his first name. At some point that really busty chick from HAPI came on the scene - er - Frances Murphy. We had two Graeme R. Wilsons - one Scottish - the other South African. External comm - mmmm - Alan Cook, er Eric Ballard, then there was a Richard somebody (I think); then there was Maggie Brown; then Springalls - Robert I think - and he was married to some short chick for a while whose name I've forgotten; then there was the Treasury chick - totally forgotten her name. Probably others too that don't surface in the mind just now.

Nick (Warren - no relative of Ken's)

Later addition - the Treasury girl was Cindy.

When I joined in 1986, Robert Springall was married to Tracey. They divorced a few years later and Tracey remarried.

Ken Warren was the DCOI in CLO and he was married to Lyndall, who is an Aussie. They apparently left the SO and went to live in Oz.

Axiom142

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
I also remember most of those names in the previous post.
One person I wold like to know more about is Maggie Brown, as we were on the EPF together and she was funny and we had a good time together.
She was from somewhere up north anyway.

Sounds like Maggie Blunden, who was married to Ray (Cont Finance Dir). Last I heard, she was the CO of New Era Publications.

Axiom142

nw2394

When I joined in 1986, Robert Springall was married to Tracey. They divorced a few years later and Tracey remarried.

Ken Warren was the DCOI in CLO and he was married to Lyndall, who is an Aussie. They apparently left the SO and went to live in Oz.

Axiom142

Yes - I knew Robert had divorced - and remembered her name was Tracey after I'd posted - so - yes - you're right.

I didn't know Lyndall very well and had forgotten about her - but that sounds right too. So Ken is an Ozzie now by the sounds of it.

Nick

michaelangelo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yes - I knew Robert had divorced - and remembered her name was Tracey after I'd posted - so - yes - you're right.

I didn't know Lyndall very well and had forgotten about her - but that sounds right too. So Ken is an Ozzie now by the sounds of it.

Nick
I remember Tracy and know her dad Ray who was also in the sea org. He lives near me in Brighton. They were on the EPF at the same time as me.Do you remember Gavin Stott?. He was also at FOLO UK. He was on a mission to my org and wanted to get me put on the RPF for being on leave. Luckilly my ethics officer and C O at AOSH UK wouldn't agree to his proposal.

Last edited:

nw2394

I remember Tracy and know her dad Ray who was also in the sea org. He lives near me in Brighton. They were on the EPF at the same time as me.Do you remember Gavin Stott?. He was also at FOLO UK. He was on a mission to my org and wanted to get me put on the RPF for being on leave. Luckilly my ethics officer and C O at AOSH UK wouldn't agree to his proposal.

Yeah - I remember Gav - from Sunderland I think. Did some course supervising quite a lot at one time. Nice bloke.

Nick

Kutta

I'm sure Colin will be thrilled you identified him in his pretty headscarf. I'm the one on extreme left in white coat. (Not that sort of white coat.)

Here is that photo from Gail (Kutta) of the Christmas dinner in the mid/late-70s (that's the date, not the temperature!) we spent in the courtyard at Stonelands. I see that I am conveniently in the middle in the red hat. On my immediate right (viewer right, my left at the time) is Dave Skull. The redhead/coat behind Skully is Angela Berthoud (later Paris). I recognise John Harris on my (viewer) left, and Peter Gallop standing up in the background. I think that is Colin Guy ("Free Will" on ESMB) right in front with his back to the camera.

Paul

xseaorguk

Patron Meritorious
Gavin Scott

I remember Gavin, as he was my course supervisor during my time at Saint Hill.
Does anybody know where he is now, and if still 'in'?

What about Maggie from Yorkshire, is she still in the cult?

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)

I heard that Gavin is out and has been for a while. He used to be in the Hare Krishnas before Scientology - used to crack us up with his stories. he did my OCA up in HAPI when I got in - he told me later at FOLO that he was scared out of his mind I was drunk, a biker and he thought I would lay one on him.

Maggie from Yorkshire? is that the girl who started at Sunderland with Mick and Val and then joined staff in HAPI?

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
I only had a brief stay at Stonelands in early 84.

Joined late 78 as part of FOLO UK, but we were berthed in the Stables iirc. And soon after we went to St Mary's in Rottingdean. When FOLO moved back to St Hill, I was at Brooke House. Got married Feb 84 and moved to Stonelands - but we left a month after that.

I remember a lot of the names in this thread - though we were a little separate from AOSH UK, SH Fdn and really quite a lot separate from GOWW. For example, I knew Paul here - but frankly I've got to know him better since we've both left from his postings here and elsewhere.

Trying to recall who I did know um.... the Didcoates - er Richard and Kathy;

They have been out for a while - both living in LA.

the Stannards - Phil and Lynne; Pauline Chatterton;

Phil passed on of course, not sure what Lynne is up to. Pauline moved on to reserves together with Maureen Brigatti. Last heard of her in 1989.

Ken Warren - he was married to Astrid for a while (forget her other surnames); David Beale and his missus Pam; Rod and Linda Jones; Ron (Hoppy) Hopkins - can't remember his wife's name; Then then was Manfred and Melita Luck - and they had a daughter Celeste Oram;

Melita was my first auditor in Scn, She is doing well and is happy. Celeste is married and doing well.

[/quote]and June Turner;
[/quote]

June moved to Australia sometime in the early 80's and got married. I heard that she had died.

Mike and Carole Grope - and they had a son whose name started with N but I forget exactly what;

Nathan - but he was not Mike's kid IIRC

Bibi Langley - and her hubby - but I've forgotten his first name.
Steven

michaelangelo

Gold Meritorious Patron

Gavin was a character and a bit of a comedian. I heard from him back in 84 I think and he'd done OT3 in the freezone.
Apart from when he tried to get me put on the RPF (but that was sea org madness) I liked the bloke.

Terril park

Sponsor
About 2 years ago I visited Stonelands with a couple of friends, one of whom lived there when in the SO. It is now made into several superior apartments with beautiful grounds.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Maggie from yorkshire's the co nepuk, now Maggie Blundon, was Brown, she married the FBO PLY years ago, no idea if theyre still together.

Gavin was a hell of a character, that guy had life experience, that's for sure.

Yep Nathan was Ron Bigg's son. Ron was early in the UK Freezone I believe.

La La