What's new

"Auditors Day" At The Westin Hotel Downtown Los Angeles

AngryGayPope

Patron with Honors
THere was a protest of about twenty people at the annual "Auditors Day" money-grubathon downtown at the Los Angeles Westin Hotel. This year the hotel staff got an earful from various protesters and especially me. They constantly lied and said I was about to be arrested. 400-500 cultists were there including many that were bussed in to fill seats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KctVH1nBTh4

More videos at AngryGayPope.com

Ladybird

Silver Meritorious Patron
Patty had a make-over! Well, she is an Internet star now so why not?

Love the new hair and make up Patty! BTW, have you lost weight?

avbb

Patron
Note to Socal...bring straight pins to raid. embed until barely visible in the corners to help eliminate balloon tech.

Tim Skog

Thanks for the vidz AGP. The $scientologists come across as sorry looking dupes. It amazes me that they do the "ignore him" routine. :duh:

Tim Skog

Note to Socal...bring straight pins to raid. embed until barely visible in the corners to help eliminate balloon tech.

That's probably not a good idea. I'd check the local laws about doing something like that. You wouldn't want to be charged with reckless endangerment or whatever law or code applies, especially at a demonstration.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
BTW, the huge Westin Hotel is a popular place for big conferences.
The SoCal Linux Expo is there every year in February. (I went last Feb.)

So I am not surprised that CofS would also have an event there.

avbb

Patron
That's probably not a good idea. I'd check the local laws about doing something like that. You wouldn't want to be charged with reckless endangerment or whatever law or code applies, especially at a demonstration.

Yeah you are probably right, wonder how they would feel with a reckless cigarette

alex

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yeah you are probably right, wonder how they would feel with a reckless cigarette

In many california cities it is illegal to smoke within a certain distance of the entry to publicly accessible buildings.... :ohmy:

"To report a suspected smoking violation in the City of Los Angeles, you must call the Smoking Ordinance Hotline at (213) 978-3568. To assure proper coordination and documentation of enforcement efforts, response is made only to complaints that are directed to the Hotline. We emphatically remind you:

Do not call 9-1-1 to report a Smoking Ordinance violation!"

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
There was a protest of about twenty people at the annual "Auditors Day" money-grubathon downtown at the Los Angeles Westin Hotel. This year the hotel staff got an earful from various protesters and especially me. They constantly lied and said I was about to be arrested. 400-500 cultists were there including many that were bussed in to fill seats.

Thanks for this, Pope. It is SOP at CofS events in LA to lay on a fleet of buses for the event, so that people who don't have or don't want to use their own transport can attend. The buses park (they used to — I assume they still do) along L. Ron Hubbard Way and leave as they fill up. This is for both public and staff. There may be buses from farther afield too, but certainly some if not most of the buses are locals.

Paul

scientrollogy

Patron with Honors
AGP's videos never fail to make me smile, and then,...

in relyt's vid the culties make such an arse of themselves with their - "obstruct the SP sign tech" - baloons!!! LOL

does Tim the clam with his ever present camera post on Youtube? what does he do with his vids?

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron

in relyt's vid the culties make such an arse of themselves with their - "obstruct the SP sign tech" - baloons!!! LOL

does Tim the clam with his ever present camera post on Youtube? what does he do with his vids?

:lol: I agree.

TP

anonRELYT

Patron

I actually asked him that while filming him on Saturday, but it didn't fit into the video I put up on YouTube. I was considering uploading it separately.

I asked him if he watches the videos he records of us, and he said "No."

"Why not? ... I think maybe you should go over them again"
*ridiculous smile and slight head turn*
"I know you were there to witness it, but you might have missed something important..."

Rae

Patron with Honors
the most telling indicator of this is...

Having Auditor's Day at the Westin tells a bigger tale of the state of Scientology than you may realize. This event was usually held at the Shrine which holds 6000 people. The last couple of years or maybe more, it's been at various smaller venues..I believe it was at the PAC Base tent for a couple years..but hardly anyone shows up. 500 people? come on..where are all these 40 thousand or 20 thousand Scientologists in the LA area? (the figure changes depending on who you are talking to)

It also tells a sadder story..that of the dwindling importance of anyone who is tech trained. DM can NOT be one-upped. He could give a rat's ass about training. And where are all those auditors being made in the "great expansion" of the 'Church".

dt2000

Patron with Honors
Having Auditor's Day at the Westin tells a bigger tale of the state of Scientology than you may realize. This event was usually held at the Shrine which holds 6000 people. The last couple of years or maybe more, it's been at various smaller venues..I believe it was at the PAC Base tent for a couple years..but hardly anyone shows up. 500 people? come on..where are all these 40 thousand or 20 thousand Scientologists in the LA area? (the figure changes depending on who you are talking to)

It also tells a sadder story..that of the dwindling importance of anyone who is tech trained. DM can NOT be one-upped. He could give a rat's ass about training. And where are all those auditors being made in the "great expansion" of the 'Church".

That was my first thought... The LA Auditor's Day event in a hotel?!??! Crazy.

Div6

Crusader

QFT.....

They have *always* bussed in the staff, even from the local SoCal orgs. Looks like that is close to all that is left.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
protest

THere was a protest of about twenty people at the annual "Auditors Day" money-grubathon downtown at the Los Angeles Westin Hotel. This year the hotel staff got an earful from various protesters and especially me. They constantly lied and said I was about to be arrested. 400-500 cultists were there including many that were bussed in to fill seats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KctVH1nBTh4

More videos at AngryGayPope.com

Great video until 3:12, then I went blind....