What's new

LRH's version of Heaven and Hell... and OT abilities promised

Takin Time

Patron with Honors
Even though L. Ron Hubbard poo-poo'd other religions ideas of heaven and hell, he created his own versions of the same thing.

Hell = The dwindling spiral with the prospect of an eternity of mental and physical pain :hotwater:, suffering and agony :ball: if you DON'T get auditing.

Heaven = An eternity of OT-abilities, prosperity, fun :runaround:, happiness :buzzin:, health and wellbeing :cloud9: if you get all of his auditing.

Since most religions promulgate the ideas of heaven and hell to "encourage" :stickpoke: their parishioners to donate to the church and participate in the religion... what do you think about LRH's verion? :stir: Not too far different, eh?

And there's always that alure of "OT abilities"; abilities far beyond any ordinary human being; something that can be described and aspired to; something somewhat magical; telepathy, telekenesis, perfect positive postulating, and much more. :pixiedust: But these alleged OT abilities (as a set) haven't been seen and borne out in fact amongst those who have had his auditing. Was it just a pipe dream?

Vinaire

Sponsor
Even though L. Ron Hubbard poo-poo'd other religions ideas of heaven and hell, he created his own versions of the same thing.

Hell = The dwindling spiral with the prospect of an eternity of mental and physical pain :hotwater:, suffering and agony :ball: if you DON'T get auditing.

Heaven = An eternity of OT-abilities, prosperity, fun :runaround:, happiness :buzzin:, health and wellbeing :cloud9: if you get all of his auditing.

Since most religions promulgate the ideas of heaven and hell to "encourage" :stickpoke: their parishioners to donate to the church and participate in the religion... what do you think about LRH's verion? :stir: Not too far different, eh?

And there's always that alure of "OT abilities"; abilities far beyond any ordinary human being; something that can be described and aspired to; something somewhat magical; telepathy, telekenesis, perfect positive postulating, and much more. :pixiedust: But these alleged OT abilities (as a set) haven't been seen and borne out in fact amongst those who have had his auditing. Was it just a pipe dream?

I think it was wrong to make Scientology a religion. It is not a religion. That was done to get the tax advantage.

I would like to see an independent non-religious rendition of Scientology as an applied philosophy.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
I think it was wrong to make Scientology a religion. It is not a religion. That was done to get the tax advantage.

I would like to see an independent non-religious rendition of Scientology as an applied philosophy.

Could you do without Scientology as a 'movement'?

Would Scientology as a 'self-help' technology do?
Or, is there a *need* for Scientology For All; Whether They Want It Or Not'

?

Zinj

Vinaire

Sponsor
Could you do without Scientology as a 'movement'?

Would Scientology as a 'self-help' technology do?
Or, is there a *need* for Scientology For All; Whether They Want It Or Not'

?

Zinj

Scientology should simply be available as knowledge like any other knowledge,

Let the society and law take care of any misuse.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor

Great. We have our 'lowest common denominator'

And, no need for the 'Church' of Scientology, the Sea Org; 'Scientology Ethics'; Disconnection; 'Clearing the Planet' or 'KSW'.

Zinj

Vinaire

Sponsor
Great. We have our 'lowest common denominator'

And, no need for the 'Church' of Scientology, the Sea Org; 'Scientology Ethics'; Disconnection; 'Clearing the Planet' or 'KSW'.

Zinj

Scientology is supposed to enhance one's self-determination in the direction of pan-determination.

I do not see that the current Church set-up is moving in that direction. It is more or less dramatizing the Christian Church.

Div6

Crusader
Scientology is supposed to enhance one's self-determination in the direction of pan-determination.

I do not see that the current Church set-up is moving in that direction. It is more or less dramatizing the Christian Church.

The *medieval* xtian church.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa

LOL!!!

He's picking his nose now!!!

He's like Billy Pilgrim, moving to different points in his life whenever he blinks!

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Come and find out! Bring your camera.

(Thank you for providing me this opportunity to promote my Math Club by creating a mystery sandwich.)

:D

Thats a long trip for me.... but maybe someday.... (actually my dad lives close to CW, unbelievably).

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

I can't say I ever witnessed those magical abilities in people higher up the "Bridge" any more often than I did with "wogs". It depends on your own awareness and belief in yourself I think. In fact I witnessed declines in friends and family as they progressed, like financial hardship and sickness which no amount of explaination on the basis of PTSness etc were satisfactory. :yes:

Pascal

Silver Meritorious Patron
SCN

Heaven in Scientology would be regaining "native state" permanently. Hell would be total oblivion.

Speaking for myself, I often feel in heaven as I hack away at my case and recover awareness and life force. Just walking around and becoming amazed at a bird or a nice piece of ass and knowing that I'm on an adventure that will bring me to native state. Of course living with people not on this road is a bummer and brings me down at times, or I bring them up. Scientology is an adventure. The Church though, can make it a nightmare, as in McPhearson and many here.

Div6

Crusader
Heaven is just an implant location

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Library/Shelf/miller/heaven.htm

ROUTINE 3
HEAVEN

Well, I have been to Heaven.

And I've found that Scientologists have been to Heaven.

And that everybody has evidently been to Heaven.

The Goals Problem Mass implants, which are the apparent basic source of aberration and human travail, which begin with the goal To Forget, were cynically done "in Heaven".

For a long time, people have been cross with me for my lack of co-operation in believing in a Christian Heaven, God and Christ. I have never said I didn't disbelieve in a Big Thetan but there was certainly something very corny about Heaven et al. Now I have to apologize. There was a Heaven. Not too unlike, in cruel betrayal, the heaven of the Assassins in the 12th Century who, like everyone else, dramatized the whole track implants - if a bit more so.

Yes, I've been to Heaven. And so have you. And you have the pattern of its implants in the HCO Bulletin Line Plots. It was complete with gates, angels and plaster saints - and electronic implantation equipment. So there was a Heaven after all - which is why you are on this planet and were condemned never to be free again - until Scientology.

Before you went to Heaven you were not really very bad or very good, but you didn't think you had lived only once and you had a good memory and knew who you were and enjoyed life. Afterwards ---

The symbol of the crucified Christ is very apt indeed. It's the symbol of a thetan betrayed.

See link above for the rest of this HCOB.