What's new

Stonelands

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
June moved to Australia sometime in the early 80's and got married. I heard that she had died.
June (Turner) married Ron Budgeon and is now June Budgeon and is still alive and kicking as far as I know, Mick.
Last time I saw her she was as cantankerous and feisty as ever.

She was featured in a recent Melbourne Org promo piece for the Basics.

pdf download = http://www.scientology-melbourne.net.au/melbourne/communication/min_395.pdf

This is quite an interesting document featuring an article on Jessie Gray and pics of a number of the old-school scios from Melbourne.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
June (Turner) married Ron Budgeon and is now June Budgeon and is still alive and kicking as far as I know, Mick.
Last time I saw her she was as cantankerous and feisty as ever.

She was featured in a recent Melbourne Org promo piece for the Basics.

pdf download = http://www.scientology-melbourne.net.au/melbourne/communication/min_395.pdf

This is quite an interesting document featuring an article on Jessie Gray and pics of a number of the old-school scios from Melbourne.

she is still alive and kicking? That is great news!! sorry she is still dumb enough to be in Scientology though.

joolie

Patron
Anyone remember Helen Horton!

Had a fling with Grahame Zimatore and they both ended up on the RPF back in 86.

Talking of the Zimatore’s ... good family. Peter was a great guy. Think he is in Japan now.

Stevo

I joined the S O in 1976, live at Stonelandsand slept in the Ballroom. I remember some of the occupants names. Paul Adams, Mark Gardiner, Bryan Andrews, Dave Skull, Bennie Da Costa, Alex Smith, Alf Wilson and John Cox. Moved to Bullards and left in 1981. Then did a couple of years on SH Foundation. In 1985 had OT 3 and some NOTS with Vicky and Eric Ballard in Lancing. Done nothing since in Scio. Does this ring a bell with anyone?.
I remember all those guys. I remember Eric and Vicky too. So who are you?

michaelangelo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Anyone remember Helen Horton!

Had a fling with Grahame Zimatore and they both ended up on the RPF back in 86.

Talking of the Zimatore’s ... good family. Peter was a great guy. Think he is in Japan now.
The only Horton's I knew were Bernie and Yana. They were in the S O at Saint Hill in the 70's.

British Mom

Patron with Honors
I joined the S O in 1976, live at Stonelandsand slept in the Ballroom. I remember some of the occupants names. Paul Adams, Mark Gardiner, Bryan Andrews, Dave Skull, Bennie Da Costa, Alex Smith, Alf Wilson and John Cox. Moved to Bullards and left in 1981. Then did a couple of years on SH Foundation. In 1985 had OT 3 and some NOTS with Vicky and Eric Ballard in Lancing. Done nothing since in Scio. Does this ring a bell with anyone?.

I came in Scientology in 1981. Out now since 1995, recently saw Vicky, well last yr, she is doing great. Did you know the Bisbeys, Steve & Ross, unfortunely they both died. I think Paul Adams is out now. John Cox & Dave Skull may still be at St. Hill.

My daughter Mandy Talbot married Chaz Kember but unfortunely she has disconnected from me & her family since 2000. Anyway thats what I know.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Hi Colin. I remember you well. Hello! Steve Kaye.

Hey Steve!

When I first started on the EPF in September 1972 you were in the same dorm, along with Bryn Key (was that his name)? I haven't heard of you since the early 80s. Welcome to ESMB.

Is Irene still with you?

Paul

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
I came in Scientology in 1981. Out now since 1995, recently saw Vicky, well last yr, she is doing great. Did you know the Bisbeys, Steve & Ross, unfortunely they both died. I think Paul Adams is out now. John Cox & Dave Skull may still be at St. Hill.

My daughter Mandy Talbot married Chaz Kember but unfortunely she has disconnected from me & her family since 2000. Anyway thats what I know.

Sadly, John Cox passed away around 9 months ago ...

Stevo (Steve Kaye) ...

:welcome2::welcome2::welcome2:

Kutta

Silver Meritorious Patron
Welcome Stevo.
:welcome2::welcome2::welcome2:

I remember you and Irene from my time at SH 1977-81. I was SSO for a time.
Weren't you with the Steve Bisbey and Morag doing stuff in EG?
Please tell us your story.

Gail Dowgray

Last edited:

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
Sadly, John Cox passed away around 9 months ago ...

Stevo (Steve Kaye) ...

I am very sorry to hear of this. John was a real gentleman. Obviously he was getting on in years, but it seemed like he would always be around.

I last saw him around July 2008 and took this photo:

2827808410_80bbba1afb_b.jpg

He was walking without the aid of his stick and seemed quite spritely. I’m guessing that he was in his 90s.

I never got to know John very well, but I believe that he had done the original OT8. At the time that I learned this (’87), I couldn’t understand how someone who was so ‘OT’ could have been relegated to such a lowly position as Letter Reg. It didn’t make sense then.

In recent years, I often saw John around E.G. on a Saturday morning, especially in the little coffee shop in the bookshop on the High Street.

Farewell John, I hope you’ve found a better place.

:rose:

Axiom142

solo

Patron with Honors
I spoke to two people at the EG demo, from behind my mask. David Gaiman and John Cox. Sadly, neither recognised me and both have passed on, which is very sad. John was a sweet and gentle man.

Solo

smartone

My Own Boss
Just now saw his photo and learned of his passing. Such a lovely gentleman and yes, it seemed he would always be there at SH.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
I am very sorry to hear of this. John was a real gentleman. Obviously he was getting on in years, but it seemed like he would always be around.

I last saw him around July 2008 and took this photo:

2827808410_80bbba1afb_b.jpg

He was walking without the aid of his stick and seemed quite spritely. I’m guessing that he was in his 90s.

I never got to know John very well, but I believe that he had done the original OT8. At the time that I learned this (’87), I couldn’t understand how someone who was so ‘OT’ could have been relegated to such a lowly position as Letter Reg. It didn’t make sense then.

In recent years, I often saw John around E.G. on a Saturday morning, especially in the little coffee shop in the bookshop on the High Street.

Farewell John, I hope you’ve found a better place.

:rose:

Axiom142

That is a lovely photo, thanks Axiom ... he looks wonderful and calm as he always did, there was a thread here and I searched for ages to try and direct you there, but I can't find it ... I remember RogerB posted a lovely comment on it at the time, so maybe he will recall where it is ...

:yes:

xseaorguk

Patron Meritorious
John Cox

I also remember him.
He was a gentle man.
RIP John Cox
Wonder how many letters he wrote in his time then?

It was people like him, Lucy Duncan and other elderly SO members I felt sorry for, and they all had a certain peaceful emptiness in their eyes.

Does anybody remember a Judy ........ something who worked for the GO back in 1980. (she lived outside)
She was a nice lady too.
Is she still 'in'?

How about those 2 sisters, back in 1980 around 20 yrs old maybe that were on Foundation, must have married about 1980 at Saint Hill.
Was one of them called Nicola, she was slimmer than her sister who had longer hair.

Anybody remember that American girl called Chris Lake (I think).
When I was on the EPF, she got put on the RPF and was doing MEST work with me, and was a good laugh. (short dark hair and large thighs)

I read that Amir Geuron died....?
How old was he, wasnt he with his partner at Saint Hill, and English woman, (bit posh)

Who remembers Norman the Gardner?
He was a nice bloke too

Then there was a Saint Hill special Briefing course student from Iceland called Johannes .......something was at Saint hill with his partner, both rather pale and slim and Icelandic looking

He audited me on confessionals as a student

can anybody help on these names?

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Nicola Franklin was her married name. Vashti was the sister. EDIT: Nicola and Vashti Raynor, I think. Vashti married Chris Whitham, the Flag Rep.

Judy Tampion. There's a recent mention here of her being back on staff at AOSH ANZO as of a few years ago.

I remember Chris Lake, exactly as you describe. Don't forget the no bra too.

Antonia Geuron (née Seymour). She was auditing at ITO when I was there in the early 90s.

Norman Wade. Yes.

Johannes. . . . give me a few minutes and maybe it will come!

Paul

Last edited: