What's new

Age 22 Ex Sea Org no friends just blew five weeks ago

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
So it's been 24 hours and no word from our new XSO that he's contacted Chuck nor an update from Chuck.

Call me paranoid, but what if he's not for real and the CofS is trying to track down Charlotte using our resources?

I'd advise no one to send money directly until Chuck talks to this guy, and then send it through Chuck.

Parrishgolfer

So it's been 24 hours and no word from our new XSO that he's contacted Chuck nor an update from Chuck.

Call me paranoid, but what if he's not for real and the CofS is trying to track down Charlotte using our resources?

I'd advise no one to send money directly until Chuck talks to this guy, and then send it through Chuck.

The PI in me agrees with you wholeheartedly! I'm sure hoping this is a real story and that Sadness reconnects with his loved ones. :thumbsup:

olska

Silver Meritorious Patron

I say, good grief! don't rush to such a judgment! No one on this board seems to know anything about Charlotte Jones so good luck with that plan.

The kid has been in the Sea Org apparently for all his almost-adult life (he would have been 13 when his parents were declared and has been in Sea Org, without them, ever since), just escaped into the "wog" world (which no doubt he's been taught to fear), has no resources except the little bit he managed to grab on the way out, has failed to live up to the "standards" and expectations of scientology/ Sea Org -- and while WE know those standards and expectations and the entire cult program are bullshit, he probably doesn't really get that yet.

He's in an unfamiliar city and most likely he's dependent on public transportation and public pay phones. He's living in a mens shelter in a foreign country using computers at an internet cafe for access to conversation with us, which if he's been kept out of touch with the outside world the way it is with most on the RPF, is an all new experience for him.

Maybe he called and Chuck didn't answer. Since he apparently has little or no resources, chances are he doesn't have a phone, and if he doesn't have a phone, he can't leave a number for a call back.

He may not have warm clothing or shoes, and it's cold as blazes in the north east right now and looking to get colder as the week goes on...

... and here we are secure in our cozy homes with our private personal computers and an endless supply of fresh coffee available to us at any time of the day or night, chit-chatting and thinking about how we're going to celebrate the Christmas holidays -- not a care in the world, by comparison.

Give the kid a break. He hasn't asked you for money, and you can't send him any money anyway until he gives you some kind of contact information, which he's not yet done. Chill out. Say a prayer for him.

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm not saying his story isn't true. It may well be.

I'm just saying to not leap too high until some verification's been done.

We all hope for happy family reunions after the RPF and disconnections. Yes, I am praying that anyone who's lost family to Scn will be reunited.

olska

I'm not saying his story isn't true. It may well be.

I'm just saying to not leap too high until some verification's been done.

We all hope for happy family reunions after the RPF and disconnections. Yes, I am praying that anyone who's lost family to Scn will be reunited.

Jeez! did it ever occur to you that your judgmental and suspicious attitude might make a person in his circumstancs afraid to reach any further?

Since you have no way to contact this kid, what sort of "leap too high" did you have in mind? were you thinking to send a blank check addressed to Ivan, General Delivery, Pittsburg?

RSG

Patron
Hi Ivan,

This may be a long shot, but you could try looking for Russian community websites and forums online in the cities where your family are most likely to be. I know here in Sydney the Russian community is pretty well inter-connected - they're all acquaintances or their kids met each other at school at one point etc. Someone there might have heard of your family's names and might be able to suggest something.

Good luck!

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Jeez! did it ever occur to you that your judgmental and suspicious attitude might make a person in his circumstancs afraid to reach any further?

I'm nowhere near the guy, I don't know him, but I have seen people both better and worse try the infiltration thing.

I've been out a long time, and I've heard more than a few horror stories, and my suspicious attitude comes from experience.

I'm making no judgements about the guy, but I was cautioning people about taking the story at face value. That is all.

If he really needs help, he should call Chuck.

FoTi

Crusader
I would think if his parents left the SO and got declared in 2000, that they would be now following what's been going on with anonymous and would be following what's been going on with Scientology on line and would be hoping that he would blow and show up somewhere on line. At least, if I had a child that I left behind in the SO, I would be watching for them to eventually blow and surface somewhere. I would privately PM him and not put it on the board for all to see.

On the other hand, if OSA is trying to find him, they might PM him privately and set him up to be recaptured. If Ivan is for real, he's in a pretty scary position and it would be hard to know who to trust and what is a trap for him. For all we know, OSA might have checked all the men's shelters for him and found him already. :nervous:

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Sorry if I come accross as naiive, but why would OSA spend time tracking this person down, surely they have some real problems they are more worried about.

Or should I be peeking through my net curtains in case Tommy is creeping towards my house dressed as a goat?

One blown lost sea org member, with a family of blown sea org members surely cant be worth much effort.

I must be going now, I have way too much to do, trafficing sex, getting my hair greasy and forcing all my children to have sex with ex SO members, and chain smoking all the time! Oh and I forgot, plotting the downfall of the only religion that's ever known the truth. Also that goat does look suspicious....

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Or should I be peeking through my net curtains in case Tommy is creeping towards my house dressed as a goat?

Could this be Tommy?

goat.jpg

slimjim

Patron with Honors
To be honest, I'm worried about Sadness, he's got no money, no one, he may not even have been able to call chuck, he's living pretty much on the street, he won't be that street savvy. I just hope he's ok. And I'm wondering what else we can do to help. And i'm hoping he can get to a computer soon to let us know what's happening.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Slimjim, he survived in the SO, he's got to be fairly tough. Russian's have some strong survival instincts too. I think he'll be OK. But I do hope he posts again soon.

If you want to worry, think about poor Tommy stalking up and down mountain roads dressed as a goat, looking in to windows with net curtains. Will he survive the harsh winter? He has a big problem, he has to wear a bell, or the other goats would suspect him, but if he wears a bell we can hear him coming. Such a dilema!

slimjim

Patron with Honors
If you want to worry, think about poor Tommy stalking up and down mountain roads dressed as a goat, looking in to windows with net curtains. Will he survive the harsh winter? He has a big problem, he has to wear a bell, or the other goats would suspect him, but if he wears a bell we can hear him coming. Such a dilema!
:laugh: :laugh:

Blue Spirit

You Are Too Funny

Sorry if I come accross as naiive, but why would OSA spend time tracking this person down, surely they have some real problems they are more worried about.

One blown lost sea org member, with a family of blown sea org members surely cant be worth much effort.

I must be going now, I have way too much to do, trafficing sex, getting my hair greasy and forcing all my children to have sex with ex SO members, and chain smoking all the time! Oh and I forgot, plotting the downfall of the only religion that's ever known the truth. Also that goat does look suspicious....

:roflmao::roflmao:

karen512

I am a little worried, too, about Sadness.

When I left, I only had enough money to buy a one way ticket home - but at least I knew where my peeps were.

This poor kid - I hope he is well and warm - whereever he may be.

chuckbeatty

Patron with Honors
I kept my phone with me all day, and I checked the messages on the 866-XSEAORG number, and no messages from Ivan.

He might just be temporary in the area.

We'll see when he calls.

My cell phone direct number is 412-260-1170.

I invited a Canadian scholar to visit me this weekend, but there are other ex Scientologists in Pittsburgh who can put Ivan up or at least advise him, whatever.

Usually people coming out of the Sea Org are pretty savvy and "make it go right" no matter what.

Over the 3-4 years that the 866-XSEAORG number's been available, I average 7-10 calls, mostly "hang ups", a week.

There has only been a few persons, usually family of ex Sea Org members, who I've been able to help with advice.

I believe about 99.99% of ex Sea Org people figure it out, how to restart their lives.

Especially now with Facebook and so many chat sites to read, and even before that, ex Sea Org already have plans how to restart their lives, in almost all cases.

People who were sort of on the edge or kids, they have the hardest times.

I think LA is probably likely a better place to restart, since there are MORE ex Scn kids who have done that, in LA region, my guess.

For everyone's benefit, and anyone wishing to help give TIPS on restarting life, the following is the text from the Advertisement for the Venice Family Center, which has real ex cult professional counselors.

Please copy and share this in the future:

HAVE YOU LEFT A CULT OR OTHER

HIGH-DEMAND GROUP?

Do you need help with:
EDUCATION?
MEDICAL CARE?
HOUSING?
EMPLOYMENT?
STARTING AGAIN?

Come see us at the Venice Family Clinic
604 Rose Ave.
Venice, CA 90291