What's new

Shooting at Scientology business in Denver

Tom of Helatrobus

Patron Meritorious
A gunmen entered a Scientology owned business, Fowler Software in Thorton, a suburb of Denver Colorado and shot Rex Fowler a Denver Scientologist before shooting himself. Fowler software is known to employ several Scientologist and is considered a "Scientology business." The shooter is believed to be a disgruntled worker, but there are no further details on the shooter.

The news story is here:

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=129818&catid=339

The fowler software website is here:

http://www.fowlersoftware.com/administrative_staff.html

Rex Fowler's known completions are here:

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/r/rex-fowler.html

Last edited:

gimli

Patron
What? There was a second victim, who was the shooter?

http://www.9news.com/news/local/article.aspx?storyid=129886&catid=346
The Adams County Sheriff's Office initially called 42-year-old Thomas P. Ciancio of Castle Rock a suspect in the shooting of 58-year-old Rex Fowler at Fowler's business on Wednesday afternoon.

They now say Ciancio was not the gunman.

"The shots received by Mr. Ciancio were in such an area, such a place that anything beyond one gunshot wound, he would not have been able to complete the other two," Adams County Coroner James Hibbard said.

Fowler was still in critical condition on Thursday. He was shot in the head inside Fowler Software Design near 83rd and Delaware Street on Wednesday morning.

The Adams County Coroner says Ciancio was shot several times in the head and they do not appear to be self-inflicted.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/22091046/detail.html
Adams County Coroner James Hibbard said the investigation shifted when an autopsy revealed that Thomas P. Ciancio had been shot more than once in the head during a clash with his ex-boss, William Rex Fowler, who was also shot.

"At this time we're listing (Ciancio) as the victim of a homicide," Hibbard told TheDenverChannel.com. "We're comfortable in our findings that the injuries to Mr. Ciancio could not have been self-inflicted."

Fowler -- who remains hospitalized in critical condition -- could become the suspect in the deadly shooting.

"Over the past 24 hours, the sheriff's office was able to process the scene of the shooting, as well as interview multiple witnesses and obtain specific information concerning the gunshot wounds of Rex Fowler and Thomas Ciancio," Baker said in a statement Thursday afternoon. Then came the findings from the autopsy.

"Based on interviews and evidence collected, it appears Thomas Ciancio was the victim of a homicide and not the gunman," Baker said. "Rex Fowler is currently in the hospital recovering from a gunshot wound to the head."

"The facts and circumstances surrounding the incident continue to be investigated. No other persons are believed to be involved in this shooting," she added.

So.. some ex-employee comes to the office or was working on some project? Fowler executes the guy with a couple headshots, then unsuccessfully tries to take his own life???

A man who worked in the office building told 7NEWS that he never heard any kind of argument or shouting before three to four shots were fired Wednesday.

Another broke scilon driven to suicide attempt?

gimli

Patron
Ciancio doesn't show up in any Scientology stuff I can find.

genthumb.ashx

genthumb.ashx

Miss Penguin

Patron with Honors
Susan Gaut who works for Rex is also, or at least was in the DSA office in Colorado,maybe even the DSA?

It's tragedy when any lives are lost. News reports so far don't seem to indicate that who shot who is known for sure. The first articles sounded like the one guy shot Rex, but then Rex got taken away in handcuffs and it looked like maybe Rex was the shooter? I'm a bit confused on the whole thing. Whatever happened this is a PR flap for the church.

Tom of Helatrobus

Patron Meritorious
Hot off the press:

Colorado Office Shooting Takes Mysterious Twist After Body Identified as Victim, Not Gunman

Friday, January 01, 2010

FEDERAL HEIGHTS, Colo. — Investigators say it now appears a man found dead in an office building where a software company founder also was shot was a homicide victim, not the suspected gunman.

Adams County sheriff's officials say 42-year-old Thomas Ciancio of Castle Rock and 58-year-old Rex Fowler were shot in the head Wednesday. County Coroner James Hibbard said Thursday that Ciancio died of multiple gunshot wounds to the head. Fowler is hospitalized.

Hibbard says it appears Ciancio's death was a homicide. Sheriff's spokeswoman Candi Baker says a suspect hasn't been named, but no one else is believed to be involved in the shootings. Investigators haven't said publicly what they think happened.

Fowler founded Fowler Software Design, where Ciancio was the former chief operating officer.

gimli

Patron
It's tragedy when any lives are lost. News reports so far don't seem to indicate that who shot who is known for sure. The first articles sounded like the one guy shot Rex, but then Rex got taken away in handcuffs and it looked like maybe Rex was the shooter? I'm a bit confused on the whole thing. Whatever happened this is a PR flap for the church.

Rex shot his ex-employee three times in the head, killing him dead.
Then Rex ended up somehow with one shot to his own head.
There are no other suspects.

Rex is still in the hospital from his head gunshot wound and obviously will be charged with murder unless some other crazy explanation comes out. It also depends on who's gun it was and if somehow it was self defense.

Tom of Helatrobus

Patron Meritorious
Rex shot his ex-employee three times in the head, killing him dead.
Then Rex ended up somehow with one shot to his own head.
There are no other suspects.

Rex is still in the hospital from his head gunshot wound
and obviously will be charged with murder unless some
other crazy explanation comes out.

R2-45?

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Per truthaboutscientology.com, Rex is at least an OT VII completion.

Maybe he completed and was then ordered back on to OT VII like so many people.

Last edited:

gimli

Patron
I guess I normally wouldn't think it was attempted suicide.. except for scientology involvement.

It is equally likely some crazy ex-employee came in with a gun & shot Rex, who then wrestled the gun from this guy and shot the attacker. Of course he's still getting charge with homicide cause of the extra two bullets in the guys head. But.. it will be interesting to find out who came to the office and who brought the gun.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
I guess I normally wouldn't think it was attempted suicide.. except for scientology involvement.

It is equally likely some crazy ex-employee came in with a gun & shot Rex, who then wrestled the gun from this guy and shot the attacker. Of course he's still getting charge with homicide cause of the extra two bullets in the guys head. But.. it will be interesting to find out who came to the office and who brought the gun.

No it is not "equally likely" - Fowler got shot in the head and THEN wrestled the gun away and pumped several bullets into the other guys head?

Hardly.

Doesnt make sense.

Wow a shooting in the county I live in and it involves Scientology! Of course Thornton is about 50 miles away, but still...

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron

Obviously we don’t have all the facts yet, but this sounds rather unlikely.

This scenario would require that Ciancio takes a gun into his office, Fowler confronts him and in the ensuing struggle, Fowler is shot in the head, but still manages to take the gun away from Ciancio and shoot him 3 times in the head.

Whatever actually happened, you can bet that OSA are in maximum damage-limitation overdrive mode right now. They will be desperately trying to get rid of anything that might implicate Scientology in this and contacting anyone that Fowler knows who is in the CoS and coaching them on what to say.

But they can’t hide the truth for ever. There is a lot more to be revealed and I don’t think it will reflect very well on Scientology.

This is another tragic example of a violent death involving a Scientologist. This is symptomatic of the disease at the heart of the Church of Scientology.

My thoughts are with the families of the victims.

Axiom142

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
And right about now, somewhere there are gaunt, bleary-eyed OSA staff working frantically overtime to Keep Scientology Working by finding the psych connections that caused not a shooting death, but caused this out pr flap.

Little do they realize or understand that the man (Hubbard) who told them to look for psychs behind this madness was himself seriously mentally ill.

And when those overworked, mindless OSA zealots go to sleep tonight, they will feel a vague sense of goodness about themselves for doing such noble work.

Such is the madness of Scientology.

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Updated story.

Wednesday morning, Thomas Ciancio went to Fowler Software Design at 84th Avenue and Delaware Street in Adams County. He had worked for owner Rex Fowler for three years, in his last position he served as his chief operating officer.

But Charlotte Ciancio says her brother wanted to leave the company, partially citing Thomas Ciancio's long commute from Castle Rock.

"Tom had gone to Fowler's to sign some final paperwork and pick up a final check," Charlotte Ciancio said.

He was enroute to his kid's 7th birthday party. :(

Also, Link to the WWP thread.

Miss Penguin

Patron with Honors
The WWP thread also links to a recent article online about how Rex Fowler is being looked at as the suspect. I'd link it here, but haven't figured out how to do that yet, sorry. The WWP thread that thetanic posted has the links.

Sad and shocking.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
There's no news article that points to Rex Fowler as the suspect in the shooting... the Sheriffs Dept is investigating & saying nothing... they have confiscated the victim's home computer so to look at all the emails between
Ciancio & Fowler.

No doubt Fowler is the "person of interest" in the shooting since Fowler is still alive with one gunshot wound & Ciancio is dead of multiple gunshot wounds. I suspect Fowler's employees will now lawyer up with Scilon lawyers to impede any investigation by police authorities into Fowler's involvement.

http://www.xenutv.com/blog/?p=4172