What's new

Shooting at Scientology business in Denver

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
OK, this is "scary". Someone who has been shot through the brain should still be in hospital. I know that the u.s. medical system is completely without compassion, but to discharge someone with this type of injury so soon is criminal in itself. He should have been under police watch, so how has he "disappeared"?

It's been three weeks. It would be normal for him to be out of the hospital at this point. The biggest risk was infection, and they'd probably keep him on antibiotics for a couple of weeks.

Depending on how he's doing, he'd probably be at some kind of rehab facility at this point.

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
OK, this is "scary". Someone who has been shot through the brain should still be in hospital. I know that the u.s. medical system is completely without compassion, but to discharge someone with this type of injury so soon is criminal in itself. He should have been under police watch, so how has he "disappeared"?

The US medical system isn't completely without compassion. It does have it's problems, but it's not completely bad.

We don't know or I haven't seen any reports on how severe the injury was/is to Fowler's head. I've seen where some one has attempted suicide by shooting themself and totally blotching the job and living. It's been three weeks since the shooting. That is plenty of time to recover from a gun shoot to the head.

And who knows, maybe he left against doctors orders. People do that all the time. And considering who this is, I could almost bet that the CofS had a Scn doctor go and sign this guy out and is now hiding Fowler.

The news has reported over and over there are no other suspects except for Fowler (OT whatever). That is a HUGE flap for the CofS and you know they are going to cover their ass before they care about Fowler's health. And of course the CofS knows more about taking care of a person with a gun shot injury to the head. Read this next with complete sarcasm: hell, just have the guy do an assist by repeating the actions with a gun (hopefully it won't be loaded). That'll fix Fowler up faster than the doctors every could. :duh:

Yes, he should have been under police watch. But you forget, the police in Denver don't know what the CofS is capable of.

The US medical system isn't completely without compassion. It does have it's problems, but it's not completely bad.

We don't know or I haven't seen any reports on how severe the injury was/is to Fowler's head. I've seen where some one has attempted suicide by shooting themself and totally blotching the job and living. It's been three weeks since the shooting. That is plenty of time to recover from a gun shoot to the head.

And who knows, maybe he left against doctors orders. People do that all the time. And considering who this is, I could almost bet that the CofS had a Scn doctor go and sign this guy out and is now hiding Fowler.

The news has reported over and over there are no other suspects except for Fowler (OT whatever). That is a HUGE flap for the CofS and you know they are going to cover their ass before they care about Fowler's health. And of course the CofS knows more about taking care of a person with a gun shot injury to the head. Read this next with complete sarcasm: hell, just have the guy do an assist by repeating the actions with a gun (hopefully it won't be loaded). That'll fix Fowler up faster than the doctors every could. :duh:

Yes, he should have been under police watch. But you forget, the police in Denver don't know what the CofS is capable of.

This one looks very tricky.
1. Fowler is right into Wise and a long time high level culty. Lots of scientologist contacts, employess, ex employees, other WISE businesses that he will be associated with.
2. He probably committed MOIDER!
3. He attempted suicide.
To be committing MOiDER or suicide is bad enough, but both?
Holy fuck, he was a monumentally failed product to start with.
I don't see how the COS can defend him as a way of protecting their PR.
But if they condemn him, in order to save their own arses, how do they answer to all his scientologist connections who know he was OT 7 and how much money he would have given to the cult over the years? "He must have had overts" isn't going to be the way out of this one.

I love using cult jargon for these occasions.
They cannot "have" it and they cannot "not have" it.
OSA and COS are very PTS on this and labelling someone will not be the "right action". They will still be PTS.

freethinker

Sponsor
I thought so. Thanks
The Divisional Quality Checklists were originally Flag Divisional Directives (FDD's) and were printed on the appropriate divisional color flash paper. At the bottom they each said they were written "by" the appropriate Divisional Head at Flag Command Bureaux (now Flag Management) "for Quality Exec Int" (Int Exec Strata under ED Int) and "approved by AVC Int" (RTC)
I saw all of these myself personally when I was the SHSBC Course Admin at ASHO Foundation (1991-1994).

Not one of these "Divisional Quality Checklists" was ever authored or approved by Ron Hubbard.

Michael "The Sneakster" Hobson
I am *not* anonymous. I *do* forgive.

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
1. Fowler is right into Wise and a long time high level culty. Lots of scientologist contacts, employess, ex employees, other WISE businesses that he will be associated with.
3. He attempted suicide.
But if they condemn him, in order to save their own arses, how do they answer to all his scientologist connections who know he was OT 7 and how much money he would have given to the cult over the years? "He must have had overts" isn't going to be the way out of this one.

OSA and COS are very PTS on this and labelling someone will not be the "right action". They will still be PTS.

I think the CofS is going to make Fowler disappear - somehow or another. They won't have to handle a PR flap. They won't there be a PR flap.

Other than the people (Scn) he worked with, I bet the Denver Scn population doesn't know about what happened.

I think the CofS is going to make Fowler disappear - somehow or another. They won't have to handle a PR flap. They won't there be a PR flap.

Other than the people (Scn) he worked with, I bet the Denver Scn population doesn't know about what happened.

Yeah I think you're right, disappearance is their only way.
If he is tried for Moider though, that might be difficult.
He would have to admit it to keep the heat down, unless they pull some brilliant but evil twist to make the victime look like the wrongdoer. They would still have the suicide to explain..... There is a way out. Plead insanity.! There is no hope for Fowler in scientology after this, so he could plead insanity to save his own arse. Then where would COS be???
I agree they'll have to make Fowler disappear, but given the cirumstances I don't know yet how they could pull that off, other than their usual blackmailing of law enforcers etc.

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron

There was a report on WWP's thread:

He has an entry wound (bullet hole) under the chin. The bullet travelled through his tongue, through the roof of his mouth, through the sinuses, through the frontal lobe and exited out the top of his head. His mouth is wired shut and he is heavily sedated.

True, the psych observation window's only 72 hours for suicide, typically. That said, he may have been transferred to a different place's psych ward. Don't know.

If he's not capable of standing trial any more, they may not prosecute. Also, they do have to process a certain amount of evidence before filing because they don't file until they're ready to try the case -- one standard defense strategy is requesting a speedy trial.

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
It's been three weeks. It would be normal for him to be out of the hospital at this point. The biggest risk was infection, and they'd probably keep him on antibiotics for a couple of weeks.

Depending on how he's doing, he'd probably be at some kind of rehab facility at this point.

Three weeks is not enough for someone who reportedly had his jaw wired up. The way his mandible and cranial injuries were initially reported, he is probably still being fed via IV.

If he has indeed "disappeared", this is a major SNAFU for the police--how are they going to explain "losing" their only witness/suspect so easily?

Mockingbird6

Patron with Honors
The usual Handling

This is from a while back and may vary in different parts of the world, but when a patient has brain damage, particularly if the doctors had to take out any part of the skull, the typical handling is to "farm them out" for a while to a rehab facility until the physical healing has completed. The skull pieces are kept frozen and put back in like a jigsaw puzzle to regrow together. I knew a guy once who had had the back of his head smashed in with the butt end of a billiards cuestick, and he had gone through this exact series of steps.

So if Fowler needs more healing time after the critical period is past, he may be in a rehab type of facility.

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Three weeks is not enough for someone who reportedly had his jaw wired up. The way his mandible and cranial injuries were initially reported, he is probably still being fed via IV.

IVs can be handled by in-home nurses.

He may also be fed via tube, also can be handled by an in-home nurse.

So long as he doesn't need to be in the hospital per se, current practice would suggest that being at home or in rehab is the best option.

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
This is from a while back and may vary in different parts of the world, but when a patient has brain damage, particularly if the doctors had to take out any part of the skull, the typical handling is to "farm them out" for a while to a rehab facility until the physical healing has completed. The skull pieces are kept frozen and put back in like a jigsaw puzzle to regrow together. I knew a guy once who had had the back of his head smashed in with the butt end of a billiards cuestick, and he had gone through this exact series of steps.

So if Fowler needs more healing time after the critical period is past, he may be in a rehab type of facility.

I "bloody-well" hope so! I don't want him to drop off the police radar.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Hmm... Playing Inspector Barnaby.. Was there only that same gun? - Whose fingerprints on it? - DNA analysis? - I didn't see anything about that. Was it mentioned?

:confused2:

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yeah I think you're right, disappearance is their only way.
If he is tried for Moider though, that might be difficult.
He would have to admit it to keep the heat down, unless they pull some brilliant but evil twist to make the victime look like the wrongdoer. They would still have the suicide to explain..... There is a way out. Plead insanity.! There is no hope for Fowler in scientology after this, so he could plead insanity to save his own arse. Then where would COS be???
I agree they'll have to make Fowler disappear, but given the cirumstances I don't know yet how they could pull that off, other than their usual blackmailing of law enforcers etc.

It's easy to make someone disappear. He could go live on the Freewinds for the rest of his life. They could move him to a country that does support extradition. I watch unsolved mysteries - people go into hiding for years and years and are never found.

Look at the ramifications for the CofS on this. Fowler (OT ?), murders a non-Scn ex-employee, then attempts suicide. Granted, I'm sure very few people are in the "know" about this. Most Scns don't read the newspaper or watch TV. So, what, you have the other employees in the office that know what happened. It's so dang easy to shut those people up - the usual threats - your eternal freedom is over if you speak. And I'm sure they all have been drilled on the "no answer" or "I was in the other room, I didn't see what happened".

And the police aren't giving up their evidence to the newspapers - gun shot residue, etc. - they hold this close to the chest as they build a case. And since the other employees probably aren't talking, they are having a harder time of it. And I don't remember seeing where the police ever got a chance to talk to Fowler or they aren't saying what he did say. Or maybe he's playing "dumb" and not answering their questions.

He can't plead insanity - that is a huge PR flap for the CofS. How does the only religion that can help people have something like this happen???? Too many questions will be asked by Exes and anon and those still in (those that actually read a newspaper). The CofS has enough shit to handle. They can't afford this PR flap. Fowler is in the wind.

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
Frontal lobe damage: The frontal lobes are considered our emotional control center and home to our personality. There is no other part of the brain where lesions can cause such a wide variety of symptoms (Kolb & Wishaw, 1990). The frontal lobes are involved in motor function, problem solving, spontaneity, memory, language, initiation, judgement, impulse control, and social and sexual behavior.

If Fowler committed murder, they will prosecute. The victim's family will demand it. Unless the murderer is dead, they prosecute.

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
I don't think the guy is in any kind of condition to disappear.

Somewhere on that 1600 plus posts thread on WWP, someone mentioned that
there was a police presence outside his room, basically keeping guard over him.

Fowler is obviously their only suspect and they are going to keep tabs on him.
It also sounds like Fowler's personal finances may not be in great shape and guys
like Fowler, OT 8's with a struggling business, rarely have health insurance. They
don't think they need it and they can't afford it anyways.

So his family and possibly his business is getting hammered with medical bills right now.

I don't think the C of S is going to touch Fowler in any way. They have enough of their own problems right now without trying to do much about Fowler. They will just come up with some acceptable PR line, like the guy falsely attested to all his OT levels or something like that, and then wash their hands of him. His wife and family are going to have to decide whether they will stay and support him through this or just "disconnect" because he's now an SP due to his bringing all this entheta to the church's lines.

The cult doesn't give a shit about Fowler, they only care about their image and the damage that is caused to them by an OT 8 being involved in a murder/suicide.

They will black PR him and disconnect from him. He's fucked.

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
I don't think the guy is in any kind of condition to disappear.

Somewhere on that 1600 plus posts thread on WWP, someone mentioned that
there was a police presence outside his room, basically keeping guard over him.

Fowler is obviously their only suspect and they are going to keep tabs on him.
It also sounds like Fowler's personal finances may not be in great shape and guys
like Fowler, OT 8's with a struggling business, rarely have health insurance. They
don't think they need it and they can't afford it anyways.

So his family and possibly his business is getting hammered with medical bills right now.

I don't think the C of S is going to touch Fowler in any way. They have enough of their own problems right now without trying to do much about Fowler. They will just come up with some acceptable PR line, like the guy falsely attested to all his OT levels or something like that, and then wash their hands of him. His wife and family are going to have to decide whether they will stay and support him through this or just "disconnect" because he's now an SP due to his bringing all this entheta to the church's lines.

The cult doesn't give a shit about Fowler, they only care about their image and the damage that is caused to them by an OT 8 being involved in a murder/suicide.

They will black PR him and disconnect from him. He's fucked.

He really fucked himself when and if he shot himself and didn't do it right. LOL!!! Sorry, really not funny, but is.

Note: if you plan to blow your brains out, always shoot the back of your brain - that will certainly kill you. Shooting from your chin up and slightly back, doesn't always kill you. (I watch Dr. G Medical Examiner, she explained this in one show. Not suggesting it, but letting people know that you'll only fuck yourself up badly and more than likely won't die.)

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Update: He's no longer at Denver Med Center

No charges yet in fatal shooting at Software firm
The Denver Post
Posted: 01/20/2010 01:00:00 AM MST

[..] Fowler was being treated at Denver Health Medical Center, but a hospital spokesman on Tuesday said Fowler was no longer in their patient database and no information was available on his condition.[..]
http://www.denverpost.com/headlines/ci_14226333

If he's out and not at home, then he's probably in some kind of care facility transition center getting physical or occupational rehab therapy.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

We actually don't know that he's no longer in the hospital. All we have is a statement that "Fowler was no longer in their patient database and no information was available on his condition". This does not mean that he's loose on the street. It may mean that he's been moved to a more secure hospital location.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
3. He attempted suicide.

I would not be surprised if he's in a secure psychiatric facility right now. It should be easy for the police to convince a judge that Fowler is "a danger to himself and/or others" and have him involuntarily committed.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
---snip---
I don't think the C of S is going to touch Fowler in any way. They have enough of their own problems right now without trying to do much about Fowler. They will just come up with some acceptable PR line, like the guy falsely attested to all his OT levels or something like that, and then wash their hands of him. His wife and family are going to have to decide whether they will stay and support him through this or just "disconnect" because he's now an SP due to his bringing all this entheta to the church's lines.The cult doesn't give a shit about Fowler, they only care about their image and the damage that is caused to them by an OT 8 being involved in a murder/suicide.They will black PR him and disconnect from him. He's fucked.

HellYeahExactly!

And when he gets real worried about his eternity, Fowler will petition to get an assist for his life-threatening trauma. After all, the door is always open a crack.....

Dear Mr. Fowler,

Your petition to get an auditing assist has been denied at this time.

As you know, auditing tech is for the able and upstats. A person with an injury or engram hardly qualifies and you should know that. Accordingly, I have attached a copy of the DevT Chit that I have written on you for sending me your pathetic plea to flow power to a downstat.

You can re-submit your petition in the future, in the unlikely event that you become enormously wealthy or get a hit movie. But, be sure to attach bank statements and boxoffice numbers so we really get an accurate idea of how ethical you are.

ML,
International Justice Chief