What's new

Shooting at Scientology business in Denver

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
In a way, I think it would be great if OSA agents had spirited him away. Then, the police and FBI could ransack every cult facility looking for him. Hundreds of armed federal agents raiding the Int Base would be a gratifying sight. :yes:

And then we could look forward to seeing various Scns being tried for obstructing justice / assisting an offender.

I find it rather unlikely that the police would allow their only suspect to just go walkabout. The most likely scenario is that he has been moved to another facility.

This has all the potential of being a major flap for the CoS. Not so much with the general public - one more homicide isn’t a big deal after all. But, if the details come out and it is as we suspect, and the Scn public get to hear about it, it is going to be very difficult to explain away. An OTVII murders someone and then tries to kill himself? Even the most dedicated are apt to go WTF?

Axiom142

He was solo auditing. the C/S called for R2-45. It just wasn't clear that he should practice on a doll first, so that he got it right. It was a failure in course supervision and training. He needs to go to cramming.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
It's easy to make someone disappear. He could go live on the Freewinds for the rest of his life. They could move him to a country that does support extradition. I watch unsolved mysteries - people go into hiding for years and years and are never found.

That would create a potentially HUGE liability for Co$. Conspiracy to assist a suspected murderer escape? Everybody associated with it, all the way up to DM, would face criminal charges.

US Code, Title 18 § 4. Misprision of felony

Whoever, having knowledge of the actual commission of a felony cognizable by a court of the United States, conceals and does not as soon as possible make known the same to some judge or other person in civil or military authority under the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

Title 18 § 1071. Concealing person from arrest

Whoever harbors or conceals any person for whose arrest a warrant or process has been issued under the provisions of any law of the United States, so as to prevent his discovery and arrest, after notice or knowledge of the fact that a warrant or process has been issued for the apprehension of such person, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both; except that if the warrant or process issued on a charge of felony, or after conviction of such person of any offense, the punishment shall be a fine under this title, or imprisonment for not more than five years, or both.

Title 18 § 1073. Flight to avoid prosecution or giving testi­mony

Whoever moves or travels in interstate or foreign commerce with intent either
(1) to avoid prosecution, or custody or confinement after conviction, under the laws of the place from which he flees, for a crime, or an attempt to commit a crime, punishable by death or which is a felony under the laws of the place from which the fugitive flees, or
(2) to avoid giving testimony in any criminal proceedings in such place in which the commission of an offense punishable by death or which is a felony under the laws of such place, is charged, or
(3) to avoid service of, or contempt proceedings for alleged disobedience of, lawful process requiring attendance and the giving of testimony or the production of documentary evidence before an agency of a State empowered by the law of such State to conduct investigations of alleged criminal activities, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both. For the purposes of clause (3) of this paragraph, the term “State” includes a State of the United States, the District of Columbia, and any commonwealth, territory, or possession of the United States.
Violations of this section may be prosecuted only in the Federal judicial district in which the original crime was alleged to have been committed, or in which the person was held in custody or confinement, or in which an avoidance of service of process or a contempt referred to in clause (3) of the first paragraph of this section is alleged to have been committed, and only upon formal approval in writing by the Attorney General, the Deputy Attorney General, the Associate Attorney General, or an Assistant Attorney General of the United States, which function of approving prosecutions may not be delegated.

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is an asserted fact. As such, it is fair to ask for documentation of what has been asserted.

So, docs, please ?

Michael "The Sneakster" Hobson
I am *not* anonymous. I *do* forgive

Why does an opinion have to be documented? Can't someone just have a fucking opinion. Get out of the Scn think of everything has to be written.

T

TheSneakster

This is an asserted fact. As such, it is fair to ask for documentation of what has been asserted.

So, docs, please ?

Why does an opinion have to be documented?

An opinion about some fact or facts is an entirely different animal from an alleged fact asserted as being true.

The former requires no support, but the latter most definitely does according to any number of respected no-Scientology sources, starting with Carl Sagan and his famous Bullshit Detector Kit (see his famous article Science As A Candle In The Dark).

The poster I replied to asserted a fact, not a mere opinion. Therefore, I have the right to challenge the asserted fact by asking for documentation to support it.

Hell, anti-Co$ critics frequently do exactly the same (challenge asserted facts) here without you squawking about it at all, Kathy.

I am *not* anonymous. I *do* forgive.

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
An opinion about some fact or facts is an entirely different animal from an alleged fact asserted as being true.

The former requires no support, but the latter most definitely does according to any number of respected no-Scientology sources, starting with Carl Sagan and his famous Bullshit Detector Kit (see his famous article Science As A Candle In The Dark).

The poster I replied to asserted a fact, not a mere opinion. Therefore, I have the right to challenge the asserted fact by asking for documentation to support it.

Hell, anti-Co$ critics frequently do exactly the same (challenge asserted facts) here without you squawking about it at all, Kathy.

I am *not* anonymous. I *do* forgive.

I pay little attention to some of the critics around here.

I didn't feel the poster you requested docs from was stating anything as a fact. Especially since the poster quoted my opinion before commenting.

Besides, the fews responses of yours that I do read, you are asking for docs.

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
A friend of mine is a nurse who occasionally works trauma and intensive care shifts. She says it's also possible that he's still in and his status has been changed to "NO INFO," which would mean that not even Fowler's mother could get information about his condition.

She also says this is usually done when there's contentious issues that would affect the survival of the patient, e.g., a gang member who needs to be protected from other gang members.

Or an OT VII who's shot in the head and is trying not to be pestered by "handlers."

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thinking about it some more, I would not be surprised if they were stupid and arrogant enough to try it.

Havn't they done it before?

So, docs, please ?

Susan Meister comes to mind. Those interested can google it for themselves.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

So, docs, please ?

As far as Co$ hiding fugitives to evade arrest, there is one VERY documented instance involving Michael Meisner in Operation Snow White
At the end of July a judge decided that the case against Wolfe warranted an investigation by a Grand Jury. A week later the judge issued an arrest warrant for Meisner, who, at the time, was being hidden in LA. The FBI was able to connect him to Scientology.[41] By January 1977 it was becoming increasingly likely that Scientology would be unable to escape Operation Snow White without serious penalty. Though Meisner was still in hiding, he was growing increasingly anxious about the situation.[42] By April, Meisner wanted to surrender to the authorities. Meisner was quickly put under the control of several guards. [39]

On May 13, Gerald Wolfe entered a guilty plea.[43] Later in the month, Meisner escaped his captors, only to be convinced to rejoin the GO the following day.[44]

In June, Wolfe, after being sentenced to probation and community service, testified before the Grand Jury. Instead of the truth, Wolfe told the latest incarnation of his cover story.[39] Several days later Meisner would again escape his captors, though this time he would contact the FBI. Meisner was eventually taken to Washington, where he agreed to plead guilty to a five-year conspiracy felony and cooperate with the Grand Jury.[45]

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
In Snow White, the fugitives they were trying to hide were staff attempting to be tried for org-run ops. I know of no case where they tried to hide public accused of a crime.

Latest Fowler update.

The DA's office is reviewing the case and is awaiting more information to determine whether charges will be filed in the Dec. 30 shooting at Fowler Software Design that killed Tommy Ciancio, 42.

My guess is that this translates to: they either a) haven't processed all the necessary evidence yet; or b) they are having another crime lab look at it.