What's new

CNN Anderson Cooper Scn program!

fnx3

Patron with Honors
Hey all Aussies out there - it's on CNN right now - if you've got Satellite or Cable TV.:thumbsup:

fnx3

Patron with Honors
Thanx for that link SallyDance :yes:

Well ... shame they didn't point out the fact that the "ex-spouses" were still members of the CofS & had "disconnected" fr their husbands due to their being declared SPs :duh:

Plus they sure gave the "defence" plenty of space in this first show (inc. a link fr the CNN website to a Scientology info site :no:) - hope they give the "prosecution" the same amount tomorrow.

Sassy

Patron Meritorious
I think they put the link to the Scio website up so people WILL check it out, but not for any good reason, like signing up! I think CNN is confident enough that the link is there for a token goodwill gesture, that's it. Those people are just wacky. There is something OFF about all of them. And anyone here a body language expert? What about Tommy's eyes closing, looking down, etc. when AC asked about Miscavige beating people? Isn't that a true sign of LYING, taught in Body Language 101??? :whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:

fnx3

Patron with Honors
yeah ... how about one of the "ex-spouses" so quickly labelling Anderson "rude" :grouch: - that did stand out as belligerent behavior on her part.

But I wish Anderson had interrupted Tommy D in the middle of his "never, never, never, no, never, etc, etc...." to ask "how can you be so sure?" :confused2: Oh well perhaps he'll ask that tomorrow:yes:

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
It's up on CNN's site for viewing.. Hope the link works, it starts with a commercial.

CNN, Scientology Under Scrutiny:
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2010/03/29/ac.scientology.pt1.cnn?iref=allsearch

Allright, this seems to me like Marty Rathbun has this under control. Quoting Anderson Cooper at the start of the interview:

"The idea of the leader of the church physically beating other members of the church seems to be completely against Scientology doctrine, or what they supposedly all about."

Heh.. So Marty didn't even have to deliver the PR line himself.. Got Anderson Cooper to feed it..

Well, other than that I think it's good.

Hmm.. I never heard of Hubbard beating anyone up personally. He made the parishoners do it themselves.. Ordering them to do the abuse and writing policies.

Like this:
HCOPL 18 Oct 1967, PENALTIES FOR LOWER CONDITIONS
ENEMY SP Order. Fair game. May be deprived of property or injured by any means by any Scientologist without any discipline of the Scientologist. May be tricked, sued or lied to or destroyed.
That's standing policy in that cult! - That's an order from the guru to all his religious zealots! - L.Ron Hubbard wrote that! Not Miscavige!

So.. While Miscavige have created a happy slapping culture. Hubbard cartainly created an evil and objectionable 'culture' .. Listen to Hana Eltringham Whitfield about Hubbards abuses:
Hana Whitfield, Part 1
Hana Whitfield, Part 2

:yes:

Last edited:

Good twin

Floater
I'm glad they got Mike and Marty out of the way on the first night. Now we can hear from some REAL critics! :yes:

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I'm glad they got Mike and Marty out of the way on the first night. Now we can hear from some REAL critics! :yes:

I hope so.

I had three friends who had never been in Scientology call me and they all said the same thing: They ALL look crazy and stupid!

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
The Church could take a beating in the following unbeknownst to them footbullet potentiality...

They claim that Mike and Mark were the ones doing the beating.

This begs the next question "when was this known and what was done"?

Where are the records of the non-existent ethics handlings that were done on them for the alledged beatings?

What was done to them after the non-existent handlings?

They were put back on post? (See the current Catholic Church problems regarding something similar)

Only to do it again?

And the question that Cooper was attempting to ask the ex-wife, that she was married to him implying that she should have known all that was going on all the alledged beating that her husband was alledgedly doing where she told him he was rude (always attack, albeit she should have yelled at him "WHAT ARE YOUR CRIMES?")

By applying standard LRH policy and telling the press that Mark and Mike are the bad guys and the overt speaks loudly (Starkey) actually opens the door moreso.

Imagine someone coming forward and attempting to sue the Church AND Mark AND Mike for any beatrings received...

The Church would deny any plausibility and that Mike and Mark did it all on their own.

Of course the plaintiff would be accusing others as well maybe even Davey Boy himself.

Davey Mike and Mark would be Larry Moe and Curly Joe.

The Church would have been better off just keeping their mouth shut.

But no, they have to go and apply Standard LRH policy.

The more they open their mouth to hide their misdeeds the deeper and deeper the bull pile drives down their throat.

This makes me almost want to feel sorry for the Church.

It really is a pity.

I can picture Davey yelling "I COULDA BEEN A CONTENDER!"

Rd00

Div6

Crusader
snip...
And the question that Cooper was attempting to ask the ex-wife, that she was married to him implying that she should have known all that was going on all the alledged beating that her husband was alledgedly doing where she told him he was rude (always attack, albeit she should have yelled at him "WHAT ARE YOUR CRIMES?")

Rd00

Pay attention here: Anne Rathbun (Marty's ex wife) tried to say it was only "isolated" instances...she was not ready to throw Marty under the bus on National TV...

Jenny Linson ( was DeVocht) jumped in and went in to attack mode as she saw Anne 'waffle'.....Jenny will get points from DM for this, and has a reputation of being quite an attack dog her self.....

This is the true face of the inner circle of Int Management.

Good twin

Floater
I hope so.

I had three friends who had never been in Scientology call me and they all said the same thing: They ALL look crazy and stupid!

Alanzo, don't give up on your man crush yet. Anderson Cooper doesn't look nuts. He doesn't even look rattled. He's having fun with this. All the footage is in the can. He knows how it's gonna turn out. Over the next few nights he'll be serving it to us on a gilded platter. Sit back and enjoy. :cheers:

Last edited:

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Pay attention here: Anne Rathbun (Marty's ex wife) tried to say it was only "isolated" instances...she was not ready to throw Marty under the bus on National TV...

Jenny Linson ( was DeVocht) jumped in and went in to attack mode as she saw Anne 'waffle'.....Jenny will get points from DM for this, and has a reputation of being quite an attack dog her self.....

That's a really good point, and now I'm going to re-watch that bit again.

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron

Big deal isolated.

They were married. Just because they were isolated does not mean that she would not know about them.

Of course she could have driven the bull deeper into her mouth by continuing to blabber.

She could have said only a couple, which would have deeply mitigated the crime, and then Marty could have said that he did it often and that she knew.

Or she could have said they were frequent, which would beg the question as to how she could not know and what did the Church do to handle it.

Either way...

They are better off just keeping their mouths shut.

Every second they operate further and further off of the LRH PLs that they are so indoctrinated in, they will bury themselves deeper and deeper.

Rd00