What's new

Setting a good example.

byte301

Crusader
Oh, asked for an overt on COB, how novel. :eyeroll:

Where have you been? You *said* you read my story, or started it......You clearly haven't. :ohmy:

I had to laugh at this - "confront it and F/N" :duh:

Example of reverse auditing (seriously)....note, no questions are checked for reads, and the meter is only used for random arbitrary steering.

Aud: What have you done to apples?

Pc: Well, I did smash a bunch of about six once.

Aud: I'm not interested in you smashing them, I want you to tell me about when you sliced them.

Pc: I haven't actually sliced them.

Aud: You fucking liar.

Pc: I'm not lying.

Aud: You are fucking so. I know you have overts on bananas. What have you done to bananas?

Pc: I thought we were talking about apples.

Aud: (yelling) What are your crimes on bananas?

Pc: Well, bananas, um,

Aud: (steering) what's that.....that....that....

Pc: That's what I started to tell you about apples.

Aud: Stop being out-ethics, I want to know about bananas.

Pc: WTF?

Aud: You're needle is dirty, it's time you came clean

Pc: Clean with what?

Aud: I want to know how you have hurt bananas

Pc: I've not hurt bananas

Aud: What's that?.....that?......that?......

Pc: I bruised one once

Aud: I'm not interested in how you bruised one, I want to know about how you peeled them. What are your *real* crimes. That?......that?........that?....

Pc: (in thought)

Aud: (yelling) fuck this, it's time you came clean. What have you done to oranges....that?.....that?......that?......

Pc: I peeled one once

Aud: How did you peel it?

Pc: I got a knife, cut off the top and went from there.

Aud: (yelling) Why are you lying to me. This is bullshit, I don't want your baby overts, I want your real overts.

after 5 hours of this........

Pc: That's all I've ever done to strawberries

Aud: If you keep carrying on like this, you have no chance. (auditor stands up and opens the door, and gestures pc to walk out)

Pc: Well, no visit to the examiner after that I bet.

Nope, it wasn't a session.

To quote you x-x, "all they are wanting is an F/N". Yep, sure as hell looks like it. :whistling:

Wow. I had no idea what was passing for sec checks these days, Carmel. :omg: Thanks for posting that. I wonder how any auditor engaging in this crap doesn't end up with the cans being shoved up his ass?

I can't imagine NOT going ballistic during something like this.:angry:

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Unfortunately, the 'ban' included most of the more knowledgeable Scn critics too, and only the 'Church' IP addresses were 'banned'. Not any of their stooges, sock puppets and agents operating from other addresses.

Zinj

Yes, I had heard something about that. Very interesting, Zinji and Thetanic.

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron
Please note that these comments are not Scientology but based on my University studies and other material including life experiences.

Christianity exists on many levels. Most of the New Testament is the writings of Paul and therefore it could be called Paulianity. Paul was an oppressor of the early Church until he fell of his horse and became a follower of Christ. (Acts 9:3–4) Hence my little joke about Xenophon falling off his donkey and becoming a Scientologist.

It seems that the early Christian fathers wanted to incorporate things that would help it be accepted by others.

In the time of Jesus there were cults for instance that sacrificed a bull over the top of someone in a pit so they could experience redemption from the blood. I think this got incorporated into the cult of Christianity just like other material even going back to the Egyptian Book of the Dead.

The Bible is not the work of God but men and has been added to, chopped and changed almost the whole time. The Gospel of Thomas is an interesting alternative that was edited out. http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/nhl.html

By the way Scientology describes itself as "gnostic". The Gospel of St John is considered to be the oldest, upto 120 years after the death of Christ, and is gnostic. The earliest gospel is 70 years after the death of Christ. Thats after the destruction of Jerusalem and not by an eyewitness.

"For instance, in Matthew (2:23) the Gospels talk about Nazareth. While the area has been inhabited for thousands of years, the actual town of Nazareth didn't exist until after 70 A.D."
from http://wiki.answers.com/Q/When_was_the_first_Gospel_Written

Even then the oldest intact version is far younger by centuries, 400 ad.
This wikipedia article discusses various changes made to different versions. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_Mark

You cannot at any rate believe ancient documents word for word, they are often written as coming from someone else with no clarifications. Lets go earlier similar. The old Testament tells the story of Daniel which is set in Babylon, but was actually written as resistance to the rule of the Seleucids, the Syrian branch of the remnants of the empire created by Alexander the Great. The Ptolemies had earlier run Israel and were tolerant. Its not history, just a moral tale.

There are several different Gods (Jehovah Elohim) in the early part of the Bible, reflecting different traditions of tribes which were combined. This probably occurred in the reign of Josiah (2 Kings 23) Let me give you an alternative version, Josiah determines possibly with the support of the Priesthood to re shape Israel and writes the first five books of the Bible, probably from extant sources but with the twist of the messianic duty of Israel. Other things were probably added in in this time such as the exodus for which there is no historical evidence, and how could hundreds of thousands of people live for years in an environmental wasteland?

I mean how reasonable is it that there is this book just lying there in the Temple that no one ever read and was conveniently "found"? Then King Josiah starts off on a murderous rampage slaughtering all non Jewish religious leaders, torturing them horribly (Xenophon in an earlier life?) Anyhow Josiah wasn't invincible and was killed in battle a few years later on. A really good book on this is "The Bible Unearthed" by Israel Finkelstein and Neil Silberman. All three religions that came from the Book have at different times in history had violent intolerant phases. This strikes me as the basic on the chain, prior to Josiah the Jewish people were tolerant and multicultural. They were then put on a course of difference from others that has caused them grief for centuries since. One really needs to be able to interchange with others.

Some of the tools for decoding the sources of the Bible include study of the language and also criticism of the text, for instance my comment about the cameo appearance of the three wise men which everybody seems to love but which makes no substantial difference to the outcome of the plot.

Anyhow scholarship has probably moved on a bit since my University days in the '70s. I've followed it a little bit since then but there is probably more that could be said.

Having said that, yes Ron makes a comment about R6 and the crucifixion. Thats interesting and something to take on board. As far as I am concerned it is just one of many aspects to the story, and I do find there is theta in Christianity done right.

oh

my

God.

A scientologist trying to educate us on religion.

R6Basic

Patron Meritorious
Originally Posted by R6Basic View Post
Anyway go back to talking about Scn. At least you seem to know something about that.

Just a couple of points here.

First for you, regarding the R6 stuff, there is actual spiritual reality and there is also delusion and some of delusion is implants. Why? It is very interesting that these incidents can be found in people having auditing who have not been educated about them. You can see a lot of it in society, for instance sexual fixation which is prominent in many implants. It is quite ok to take your attention off these and look at reality. There are Gods.

Is that suppose to be a reply to me? R6Basic? Or are you talking about R6 bank implants? I'm very aware of the delusions one can play on one's self, Nero decided he was a god, L Ron Hubbard thought he knew something of the mind and life and when much younger I use to "help" people ( I would fix their energy flows, do past life regressions on them, explain that everything is a web of thought and if you can but tap into it then you will be more enlightened, flew with a guardian angel, you name it, I either did it, tried to do it or talked to someone who did or tried to). yes, I know very well what it means to stop fixing attention on delusions and look at reality.

Anonycat

Crusader
I don't think it's odd to have a change of topic.

199908-oslo6b.gif

its-scientific-come-on.gif

theft.gif

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Wow. I had no idea what was passing for sec checks these days, Carmel. :omg: Thanks for posting that. I wonder how any auditor engaging in this crap doesn't end up with the cans being shoved up his ass?

I can't imagine NOT going ballistic during something like this.:angry:

This comes from the era of gang bang sec checks -- which were like that with more people yelling.

It may have had an earlier beginning, but the beginning I know about is 1982.

byte301

Crusader
This comes from the era of gang bang sec checks -- which were like that with more people yelling.

It may have had an earlier beginning, but the beginning I know about is 1982.

I have read about gang bang sec checks but I never really saw it posted like that. Or understood what exactly went on during one. I got out around 1982. Just in the nick of time it seems. That is beyond crazy.

Anonycat

Crusader
I have read about gang bang sec checks but I never really saw it posted like that. Or understood what exactly went on during one. I got out around 1982. Just in the nick of time it seems. That is beyond crazy.

I've never seen it explained either. Amazing anyone is still in, not that are many left.

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
I've never seen it explained either. Amazing anyone is still in, not that are many left.

Though I know people who received gang bang sec checks while I was in, and probably some who received really bad sec checks, I'd assumed they were run more like the ones I'd received, but later I heard they were not, and run more like what Carmel describes.

Example of reverse auditing (seriously)....note, no questions are checked for reads, and the meter is only used for random arbitrary steering.

Aud: What have you done to apples?

Pc: Well, I did smash a bunch of about six once.

Aud: I'm not interested in you smashing them, I want you to tell me about when you sliced them.

Pc: I haven't actually sliced them.

Aud: You fucking liar.

Pc: I'm not lying.

Aud: You are fucking so. I know you have overts on bananas. What have you done to bananas?

Pc: I thought we were talking about apples.

Aud: (yelling) What are your crimes on bananas?

Pc: Well, bananas, um,

Aud: (steering) what's that.....that....that....

Pc: That's what I started to tell you about apples.

Aud: Stop being out-ethics, I want to know about bananas.

Pc: WTF?

Aud: You're needle is dirty, it's time you came clean

Pc: Clean with what?

Aud: I want to know how you have hurt bananas

Pc: I've not hurt bananas

Aud: What's that?.....that?......that?......

Pc: I bruised one once

Aud: I'm not interested in how you bruised one, I want to know about how you peeled them. What are your *real* crimes. That?......that?........that?....

Pc: (in thought)

Aud: (yelling) fuck this, it's time you came clean. What have you done to oranges....that?.....that?......that?......

Pc: I peeled one once

Aud: How did you peel it?

Pc: I got a knife, cut off the top and went from there.

Aud: (yelling) Why are you lying to me. This is bullshit, I don't want your baby overts, I want your real overts.

after 5 hours of this........

Pc: That's all I've ever done to strawberries

Aud: If you keep carrying on like this, you have no chance. (auditor stands up and opens the door, and gestures pc to walk out)

Pc: Well, no visit to the examiner after that I bet.

Nope, it wasn't a session.

To quote you x-x, "all they are wanting is an F/N". Yep, sure as hell looks like it. :whistling:

You've got me "re-stimmed", C. Either I need a repair session or a LOT of whipped cream. :confused2:

Mark A. Baker :)

x-x

Patron with Honors
You know, even when I was studying for a Bachelor of Theology in the 21st century, wiki.answers and wikipedia were not considered appropriate sources. I don't know what that load of tripe you posted was supposed to communicate, but a little undergraduate study supplemented by wiki.answers and wikipedia does not make you anywhere near worth listening to on Christianity. Your post was full of non sequitur rambling and lacking in any value.

Seriously, you're not doing your credibility any good. Stick to what you know something about.

I find this reply rather arrogant. I was concerned in the nineties to see how kids changed under economic pressures, we lost an egalitarian society and it was just get to the top and damn the rest. I have heard stories how kids at colleges disrespect the cleaning staff, for instance.

Another thing is people there in the main aren't interested in knowledge, just passing. I even did a unit of psychology, I figured my classmates just had resentments to others that they wanted to handle by learning how to manipulate them. One of our lecturers taught us about prefrontal lobotomies, he didn't reveal he had selected hundreds of people to have them by administering the psychometric tests. This bloke belonged in jail.

Really people in business will tell you you need to unlearn most of what they teach you at Uni. Most of what you learn at University is bull, sometimes its great. I enjoyed my time there all the same.

In regards to Christianity I think my studies were about on a par with yours.

The general outline of the information I gave, just a few pointers, was correct. If you want to criticise somebodies religion surely you would accept some criticism back. I don't seek to invalidate Christians, but there are some pertinent points that can be made to people who accept the Bible as uncritical source.

You obviously didn't take Humility 101 which I have previously mentioned in this thread as being an important element in anyone's beingness.

x-x

Patron with Honors

I'm with you on this one, I am surprised you stayed there for the duration.

My last sec check was in the nineties, it wasn't anything like that.

All the best.

Carmel

Crusader
I'm with you on this one, I am surprised you stayed there for the duration.
Again I'll say, where the fuck have you been? LOL - Like others, I was either physically prevented from getting out of there, or had the will beaten out of me to such an extent that I had no fight left.

My last sec check was in the nineties, it wasn't anything like that.
Oh please! Why compare a a "sec check" to "reverse auditing"?....Are you trying to kid yourself?

All the best
Er.......I'm out......you're not though........this is what I should be saying to you.

Anonycat

Crusader
I find this reply rather arrogant
I find Cherished to be extremely professional in expertise (which I have seen) in the Theological field.

An attempt to discredit Cherished won't fly with me.

Last edited:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
I find Cherished to be extremely professional in expertise (which I have seen) in the Theological field. I am a minister, and have friends who are in up to the highest positions of actual Churches, but Cherished has impressed me as a real stand out.

In summary, to attempt to discredit Cherished won't fly with me.

Or me.

:no: