What's new

Rex Fowler - Everywhere, All the Time

pollywannacracker

Patron Meritorious
If Fowler has succeeding in killing himself, it would have been a murder/suicide and there would have been little incentive for the police to do much investigating, since the perp was already dead.

Since Rex bungled that, there will be a pretty comprehensive investigation, which may include what part Co$ may have played in Rex's motive for what he did.

Rex Fowler "bungled" the suicide attempt. What was it that LRH said about criminals? Something to the tune that they foul up the crimes in order to get caught. Did Rex Fowler simplyl "pull it in" so that he would get caught and the Co$ could be implicated?

-PWC

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Rex Fowler "bungled" the suicide attempt. What was it that LRH said about criminals? Something to the tune that they foul up the crimes in order to get caught. Did Rex Fowler simplyl "pull it in" so that he would get caught and the Co$ could be implicated?

-PWC
Interesting comment. One thing is for sure - it's pretty straightforward to blow your brains out if you really want to do it.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Time will tell....some how I don't think that an AO is exactly what Africa needs the most right now.
Yes but the Great Handsome Movie Star - Tom Cruise, said that Scientology can bring peace and improve conditions. Imagine how good it would be for Africa if he were to bless them with his presence, and allow them to gaze upon him.

smartone

My Own Boss
oh my I started something. Kathy, you are definitely my buddy. Gun ownership requires self knowledge, self control and knowledge of laws. The law first deals with homocide, the killing of another human being by a human being. In the beginning there is not supposed to be judgement on whether a crime has been committed. Justifiable homocide is just that--justifiable. Further investigation is required for a charge of murder.

Texas as well as Virginia have strong self defense laws. That is a good thing because every person should have the right to defend their life. If you justifiably kill someone in Washington, DC, you can kiss your ass goodbye and look forward to a life of being the sex slave of some 300 pound convict, because that city has no regard for the 2nd Amendment or protecting yourself, regardless of the Heller case wherein the Supreme Court ordered DC to follow the Constitution. Mayor Fenty just ignores the law of the land even today.

The whole debate is about sane people lawfully owning firearms. Fowler did not own that gun and most likely had never had any training in safety or consequences of reckless use of a lethal weapon. There is no gun on earth that is not lethal, and responsible ownership means recognizing that fact and being careful. And as far as self defense, the overwhelming odds are that a person will never in their lifetime be confronted with the necessity to make that decision. I pray I never will have to make it...and I own several guns for target shooting fun. I only kill cardboard. Period.

I wish England had stricter laws like the US. A guy over here had a gang of teenagers break into his house and attack his family with knives. He defended his family by stabbing one of the kids in the neck and the kid died. This guy had to go to court. Fortunately, he was found innocent. He should NEVER had even gone to court!!! I know in the US that if anybody trespasses into a house the owner has the right to kill them. At least I think that's the law. We're too bloody soft over here.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Yes but the Great Handsome Movie Star - Tom Cruise, said that Scientology can bring peace and improve conditions. Imagine how good it would be for Africa if he were to bless them with his presence, and allow them to gaze upon him.

Perhaps Mr. Cruise, as the authority on the mind, could give a tech briefing to dirt-poor blacks in Africa about how they have different e-meter reactions than a rich white movie star like himself. Then they could donate money to the Ideal Bantu Meter project,to develop an E-meter that give their kind some hope of ever going OT.

From original edition of book E-Meter Essentials under heading Meter Oddities:

"In South Africa a Bantu's withholds read not on the needle alone but on the Tone Arm as well. The Tone Arm goes up as much as two divisions (3 to 5) just before you get off a bad withhold on one."

Ned Kelly

Patron
What do you get for 1st degree murder in the state where Rex is being prosecuted?

If on the off chance it is the death penalty, then wouldn't he just agree to 1st degree murder so the State could finish off the job that he bungled. Would not this be the greatest good from his point of view?

RebtGenius

Patron with Honors
Greetings,

Here is a link from Wikipedia on capital punishment in Colorado:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment_in_Colorado

It appears the death penalty is rare in Colorado, but still an option that the jury can decide. There was only one execution since 1977 and the method is by lethal injection. One relevant consideration is the legal ramifications of Fowler's mental status. If he's found guilty (and he certainly is descriptively guilty based on the evidence and his own lawyer arguing for 2nd degree murder) it's possible that his self-inflicted wounds would make a jury more sympathetic to life in prison.

In my opinion, he would suffer a much more cruel fate by being held in prison for the rest of his life. But who knows, maybe he could disseminate in prison and be a proactive force on behalf of Criminon and Narconon? :duh:

Jeffrey

Last edited:

Div6

Crusader
Colorado has the death penalty, if there was at least one aggravating factor:

Colorado Aggravating Factors For Capital Punishment

(1)The murder was especially heinous, atrocious, cruel, or depraved (or involved torture)
(2) The defendant knowingly created a grave risk of death for one or more persons in addition to the victim of the offense
(3) The defendant killed the victim while lying in wait
(4) The murder was committed for pecuniary gain or pursuant to an agreement that the defendant would receive something of value
(5)The defendant caused or directed another to commit murder, or the defendant procured the commission of the offense by payment, promise of payment, or anything of pecuniary value
(6) The murder was committed to avoid or prevent arrest, to effect an escape, or to conceal the commission of a crime
(7) The defendant has been convicted of, or committed, a prior murder, a felony involving violence, or other serious felony
( The capital offense was committed by a person who is incarcerated, has escaped, is on probation, is in jail, or is under a sentence of imprisonment
(9) The victim was a government employee, including peace officers, police officers, federal agents, firefighters, judges, jurors, defense attorneys, and prosecutors, in the course of his or her duties
(10) The victim was an elected or appointed official or former official of the federal government, or local or state government, and the killing intentionally prevented the victim’s official duties
(11)The murder was committed against a person held as a shield, as a hostage, or for ransom
(12)The defendant used chemical, biological, or radiological weapons and/or the person intentionally killed more than one person in one criminal episode
(13)The victim was a pregnant woman and the defendant intentionally killed the victim, knowing she was pregnant
(14)The defendant committed treason
(15)The defendant’s possession of the weapon used to commit the class 1 felony constituted a felony offense under the laws of the state
(16)The defendant intentionally killed more than one person in more than one criminal episode
(17)The defendant committed the class 1 felony against the victim because of the victim’s race, color, ancestry, religion or national origin

I think given the fact of a botched suicide, life without parole (or an emeter)
would be appropriate.

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
I wish England had stricter laws like the US. A guy over here had a gang of teenagers break into his house and attack his family with knives. He defended his family by stabbing one of the kids in the neck and the kid died. This guy had to go to court. Fortunately, he was found innocent. He should NEVER had even gone to court!!! I know in the US that if anybody trespasses into a house the owner has the right to kill them. At least I think that's the law. We're too bloody soft over here.

Not in California. This is why I say, if you live in California and your home is invaded (burglars), offer them cookies and milk and offer to help them. Because if you try to defend yourself or your property, you are likely to end up in jail if you kill or injure the criminal.

Now in TX, we have the Castle Law, which means we can protect our home, our vehicle and our place of work. And the Dallas Police are currently on a mission to get more citizens involved with protecting themselves.

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
Colorado has the death penalty, if there was at least one aggravating factor:

Colorado Aggravating Factors For Capital Punishment

(1)The murder was especially heinous, atrocious, cruel, or depraved (or involved torture)
(2) The defendant knowingly created a grave risk of death for one or more persons in addition to the victim of the offense
(3) The defendant killed the victim while lying in wait
(4) The murder was committed for pecuniary gain or pursuant to an agreement that the defendant would receive something of value
(5)The defendant caused or directed another to commit murder, or the defendant procured the commission of the offense by payment, promise of payment, or anything of pecuniary value
(6) The murder was committed to avoid or prevent arrest, to effect an escape, or to conceal the commission of a crime
(7) The defendant has been convicted of, or committed, a prior murder, a felony involving violence, or other serious felony
( The capital offense was committed by a person who is incarcerated, has escaped, is on probation, is in jail, or is under a sentence of imprisonment
(9) The victim was a government employee, including peace officers, police officers, federal agents, firefighters, judges, jurors, defense attorneys, and prosecutors, in the course of his or her duties
(10) The victim was an elected or appointed official or former official of the federal government, or local or state government, and the killing intentionally prevented the victim’s official duties
(11)The murder was committed against a person held as a shield, as a hostage, or for ransom
(12)The defendant used chemical, biological, or radiological weapons and/or the person intentionally killed more than one person in one criminal episode
(13)The victim was a pregnant woman and the defendant intentionally killed the victim, knowing she was pregnant
(14)The defendant committed treason
(15)The defendant’s possession of the weapon used to commit the class 1 felony constituted a felony offense under the laws of the state
(16)The defendant intentionally killed more than one person in more than one criminal episode
(17)The defendant committed the class 1 felony against the victim because of the victim’s race, color, ancestry, religion or national origin

I think given the fact of a botched suicide, life without parole (or an emeter)
would be appropriate.

From the information we've been given in the newspapers, I'd say he qualifies for the death penalty on at least 3 of the above. And I'm wondering if #15 applies. I don't know the laws in Colorado about gun ownership.

Tom of Helatrobus

Patron Meritorious

Colorado Revised Statutes

TITLE 18 CRIMINAL CODE : ARTICLE 1 PROVISIONS APPLICABLE TO OFFENSES GENERALLY

18-1-704.5 Use of deadly physical force against an intruder.
Statute text

(1) The general assembly hereby recognizes that the citizens of Colorado have a right to expect absolute safety within their own homes.

(2) Notwithstanding the provisions of section 18-1-704, any occupant of a dwelling is justified in using any degree of physical force, including deadly physical force, against another person when that other person has made an unlawful entry into the dwelling, and when the occupant has a reasonable belief that such other person has committed a crime in the dwelling in addition to the uninvited entry, or is committing or intends to commit a crime against a person or property in addition to the uninvited entry, and when the occupant reasonably believes that such other person might use any physical force, no matter how slight, against any occupant.

(3) Any occupant of a dwelling using physical force, including deadly physical force, in accordance with the provisions of subsection (2) of this section shall be immune from criminal prosecution for the use of such force.

(4) Any occupant of a dwelling using physical force, including deadly physical force, in accordance with the provisions of subsection (2) of this section shall be immune from any civil liability for injuries or death resulting from the use of such force.

To be honest, I think the law in Colorado goes just a bit overboard. By the above law you can shoot an unarmed person carrying a television out of your house (provided they broke in). You would then be immune to any criminal or civil charges. Contrary to popular belief, they can not sue you if they survive.

freethinker

Sponsor
17 years from now it will be discovered that an SP 1.1 editor and his PTS proof reading pal, left out a crucial footnote in Science of Survival and added a coma in the wrong place.

This resulted in OTVII's commiting crimes as the solution to their problems.

However this has all been corrected in the new and improved basics found to be pristine clean LRH pure sweet data.

As an in-ethics, in-tech, onlines, OT7 Scientologist, you know Rex studied the Basics.

Yet he still stands accused of killing his partner.

Tom of Helatrobus

Patron Meritorious
From the information we've been given in the newspapers, I'd say he qualifies for the death penalty on at least 3 of the above. And I'm wondering if #15 applies. I don't know the laws in Colorado about gun ownership.

In Adams County in Colorado, you can holster a gun and carry it around with you on the street, so long as it is not concealed (you need a permit to conceal it). I had a (crazy) friend who did just that for a while with a 9mm Glock. Oddly enough he had it loaded with snap caps although it was legal for carry a full clip of hollow points with one in the chamber.

I told him it was reluctant you be seen with him when we were going out because of the gun. Eventually he stopped carrying it because it got too awkward getting looks from people on the street. Also, I guess, it is a big chunk of metal to carry around. Once in Kmart, some one called the police on him. The management didn´t want guns in the story but didn´t post any signs to that effect (I guess they thought it was obvious).

Also in Adams County, as long as you are not insane or a convicted felon, you can buy, sell, carry any gun you like.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

The law varies from state to state in the US. A growing number of states have passed "Castle Doctrine" laws, which create the presumption that any intruder forcibly entering your home can be assumed to intend great harm to the residents, and may be stopped with deadly force. In such a case, the prosecutor has the burden of proving that it was NOT self-defense. And neither the criminal nor criminal's family may sue for injuries or death inflicted on the criminal.

Go visit the "Shoot out at the ESMB Corral" thread in "Off topics" for the running discussion.