AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
"IMPORTANT Re: OUR DAUGHTERS DECISION TO LEAVE SCIENTOLOGY FOR GOOD"

:happydance: Great news from Tony

UPDATE from WWP

getbeckyout
Member Location: cheshire
IMPORTANT Re: OUR DAUGHTERS DECISION TO LEAVE SCIENTOLOGY FOR GOOD
Hi all and thank you for all your comments.

The video was made and filmed by myself, all the content was from my daughter.
No one held a gun to my head, people who know me from Manchester from the protests will confirm i am not a push over, i stand my ground at all times fighting the cult of Scientology.

I am not a person to make a deal with the cult of Scientology, as they lie, lie and lie, FACT.
If the cult pushed my daughter to DISCONNECT, and we were asked to do a deal with the cult the answer would be NO DEAL

We as parents have stood our ground for over 2 Years now, why would that change, we only want 100% of our daughter out and away from the COS.

Yes i blink, its been with me since i was born.

We know our daughter was never held against her will at Manchester as i said in the video and that is True and a fact.

Our daughter is fully aware that our stance against the cult of Scientology has not changed, and why should it, they have not changed.

We will attend Protests in the UK and we are looking forward to a future protest with the Ireland anons.

I have made a major purchase for magnetic car signs as seen on the London protest video that i attended in June.

I don't waste money, this is the future.

Many families have made contact in this past year and they all ask for guidance, so we do what we can to give that help.
This will not stop.

As i stated in the video, its my daughter's decision to leave and we have no conditions at all, and no agreement just her word.

I hope i have made myself clear and at the same time i hope i have not been rude to anyone.

See you all soon at a protest.

Tony and Sue. xx

Deleted and rewritten.

Why try to hammer hammer hammer the point home that his was his daughter's decision?
Once would have been sufficient. That part I don't get. And why instruct people to alter stuff which is floating around on the internet? Stuff which is really trivial as far as I can tell.
That also sounded like commands from COS. Legal threats.

Last edited:

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Deleted and rewritten.

Why try to hammer hammer hammer the point home that his was his daughter's decision?
Once would have been sufficient. That part I don't get. And why instruct people to alter stuff which is floating around on the internet? Stuff which is really trivial as far as I can tell.
That also sounded like commands from COS. Legal threats.

If you've watched Tony's previous videos, they are heartfelt & spontaneous. This one is very contrived, the inflection in his voice, and that he's clearly reading a script (keeps looking down), plus notes the video was approved by his daughter (what the fuck?)... clearly begs alot of questions...

Tony is being handled, directly or indirectly, through his daughter. If this was meant to be a private affair.. as it should have been.. then why the video? Why the demand to go back & delete inferences to Becky's being enslaved by Scientology?

If she's truly out, she's not going to care what people have said about her or are now. Clearly, it was of no consequence to her when she was on staff, but now that she's allegedly out, it does make sense to delete posts?

Sorry, I'm not buying the masquerade.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
If she's truly out, she's not going to care what people have said about her or are now. Clearly, it was of no consequence to her when she was on staff, but now that she's allegedly out, it does make sense to delete posts?

Maybe she IS out but trying to work out a way to remain with her scientologist fiance who is still very much in, without anyone being disconnected?

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Maybe she IS out but trying to work out a way to remain with her scientologist fiance who is still very much in, without anyone being disconnected?

Puh-lease. It is totally against policy. If Tony & Sue continue to protest, as he said he's going to, that makes him suppressive. Having a relationship with her dad would make her PTS. Her husband would not endanger his association in the church by associating with a PTS.

Mockingbird6

Patron with Honors
Tony and Sue

From this video, which is the first I have seen of this man, I really like him. Having been in the same shoes in the past, I would very much like to just sit in a pub and have a beer with him and talk about anything other than Scientology.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Yep, I know. What I said was pure speculation. Just trying to figure out *something* that explains the comments by Tony.
Guess I failed. :ohmy:

Why isn't anyone reading the update above, from Tony?

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Why isn't anyone reading the update above, from Tony?

I did read it and what he said was great news. It's just that the initial video in this thread did seem a little strange to me. He was fighting to get his daughter out of the cult for quite a while, then when she does leave the cult he doesn't seem so happy about it. He even said somthing to the effect that he didn't take it as a win. I don't understand why he is not happier about it. Also, it doesn't make sense that his daughter would request that he make that video unless some pressure was put on her to do that either by the CoS or her fiance. Possibly I missed something earlier that would explain these things.
This thread is the first time I heard of Tony and his daughter.

Anyways, she IS out, and Tony is STILL anti-CoS and assisting other parents. So I'm happy and thankful for those things. :happydance: :yes:

I read the update from Tony.
He does not look very happy at all.
Says it's not a win.

All I can think of is:

What was the price they had to pay?
What were the consequences going to be if he did *not* put that message out?

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
I read the update from Tony.
He does not look very happy at all.
Says it's not a win.

All I can think of is:

What was the price they had to pay? What were the consequences going to be if he did *not* put that message out?

And why now? This is where it gets very strange. Read the bio on Tony's You Tube page... http://www.youtube.com/user/getbeckyout. She's been out for over 2 years -October 2007. Did she go back in? Her father also says she "rejoined" 6 years ago at the behest of her boyfriend. OK, she left in October 2007. She went back a 3rd time? Tony says she was on the Freewinds last year where she got engaged.

I'm confused? What's Becky been up to for the last 2.5 years if she's never stepped foot back into Scientology or am I confused on that point, too?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
TONY LEIGH AND SUSAN THURSTON says:

We are parents from the UK , We are fighting to get our daughter and her future husband out of this CULT. The church continues to attract controversy over claims that it separates members from their families and indoctrinates followers.

We have had a Death threat and recently our Dog was about to be stolen, these are only a few to mention, is this FAIRGAME ?

THIS IS ONLY A PART OF OUR STORY; MAKE UP YOUR OWN MIND. WE HAVE

Our daughter Rebecca says she will never disconnect from the family as she would tell them where to go, but we know its only a matter of time

We have always been a close loving family with no secrets. Rebecca has a boy friend David been 29 years of age and he RECRUITED Becky into the Church of Scientology, about 6 years ago.

We were not made clear at the time that she had joined a Cult, I undertook massive research on the Church of Scientology and to our horror we did not like what we found.

We sat down and gave Rebecca our views in a very calm manor but to no avail. Last year she went on the Freewinds this been the second trip in a period of Six Months, where she got engaged.

Rebecca has paid over 7k to the COS for services since her involvement they call it Donations.

In October 07 Rebecca agreed to leave the org at Manchester and not to set foot in the place again, this was promised for the love of the family and even though her boy friend remains in it we had to believe in her.

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/archives/2010/03/anderson_cooper.php

freethinker

Sponsor
I got a few things from watchng that video.

1. He really loves his daughter.

2. Despite his reserve, he is incredibly happy that his daughter made this descision.

3. There was a whole lot more he wanted to say but didn't - he wants peace.

4. He said a whole lot more about his daughter's reasons for leaving by not saying what they were.

5. I appreciate what he did for us and mostly for his daughter.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think it is wonderful that Tony's daughter is out of the Co$.

As Tony says:
"We are fighting to get our daughter and her future husband out of this CULT."

May the day come when "her future husband" is also out and love can prevail.

It appears Tony's and Susan's love for their daughter includes that she also can have her love flourish with her "future husband"

If the cult also had love as one of it's missions then there would be no problem.

I hope Tony's future son in law's heart can rise above the bank of the Cult!

That, I believe would bring back Tony's smile

FoTi

Crusader
:happydance: Great news from Tony

UPDATE from WWP

getbeckyout
Member Location: cheshire
IMPORTANT Re: OUR DAUGHTERS DECISION TO LEAVE SCIENTOLOGY FOR GOOD
Hi all and thank you for all your comments.

The video was made and filmed by myself, all the content was from my daughter.
No one held a gun to my head, people who know me from Manchester from the protests will confirm i am not a push over, i stand my ground at all times fighting the cult of Scientology.

I am not a person to make a deal with the cult of Scientology, as they lie, lie and lie, FACT.
If the cult pushed my daughter to DISCONNECT, and we were asked to do a deal with the cult the answer would be NO DEAL

We as parents have stood our ground for over 2 Years now, why would that change, we only want 100% of our daughter out and away from the COS.

Yes i blink, its been with me since i was born.

We know our daughter was never held against her will at Manchester as i said in the video and that is True and a fact.

Our daughter is fully aware that our stance against the cult of Scientology has not changed, and why should it, they have not changed.

We will attend Protests in the UK and we are looking forward to a future protest with the Ireland anons.

I have made a major purchase for magnetic car signs as seen on the London protest video that i attended in June.

I don't waste money, this is the future.

Many families have made contact in this past year and they all ask for guidance, so we do what we can to give that help.
This will not stop.

As i stated in the video, its my daughter's decision to leave and we have no conditions at all, and no agreement just her word.

I hope i have made myself clear and at the same time i hope i have not been rude to anyone.

See you all soon at a protest.

Tony and Sue. xx

Yeh, well, so why didn't she make her own video and announce it herself rather than her father having to do it for her, or why wasn't she there with him while he made that video?

And just because he blinks makes him seem very stressed?... and makes him repeat some of the same things over and over again? - really stressing certain points? Wouldn't saying something once be enough without pounding the point home....making real, real sure that everybody gets it?

And he sure didn't seem very happy about the whole thing.

And where was Sue? Wouldn't it have been appropriate for her to have been in the video also? Where is the joy of getting their daughter back and having the family back together again?

This just seems very fishy to me.

stc

Patron with Honors
I think Smurf may have made some astute observations; observations which cause concern.

Perhaps the most pragmatic way we could deal with this situation is; to collectively say we believe Tony and back off, a little at least; Meanwhile, we could hyper-focus on the Manchester area, collating everything we know about the scene in Manchester. (this might not be such a big job, given how unpopular Scientology is right now)

From FoTi's Signature

"Scientology is essentially a spy and mind-control network set up to extract the most money it can from it’s members as well as to enforce the maximum amount of production out of each individual, at minimal or no cost to the organization. It’s as simple as that." - John Peeler

Well, if everyone discovers who they all are, they aren't really very good spies anymore. i.e. it would make 'spying' tasks harder, no?

The only little problem is that we would need an investigative reporter to do this. And that's not going to happen; sadly.

..or perhaps I'm talking sh|t. Just some random thoughts.

Last edited:

stc

Patron with Honors
Also, remember that documentary that has been in production, all these months? By that independent film company -- not BBC/Panorama.

Well, I wonder what is happening with that. Has that .........now been shelved? Think of all those months that camerman was with Tony & Sue. Davey and his crew at RTC can't have been very thrilled with this.

They harassed the fuck out documentary makers in the past. (Remember that Jon Sweeney)

getbeckyout

And why now? This is where it gets very strange. Read the bio on Tony's You Tube page... http://www.youtube.com/user/getbeckyout. She's been out for over 2 years -October 2007. Did she go back in? Her father also says she "rejoined" 6 years ago at the behest of her boyfriend. OK, she left in October 2007. She went back a 3rd time? Tony says she was on the Freewinds last year where she got engaged.

I'm confused? What's Becky been up to for the last 2.5 years if she's never stepped foot back into Scientology or am I confused on that point, too?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
TONY LEIGH AND SUSAN THURSTON says:

We are parents from the UK , We are fighting to get our daughter and her future husband out of this CULT. The church continues to attract controversy over claims that it separates members from their families and indoctrinates followers.

We have had a Death threat and recently our Dog was about to be stolen, these are only a few to mention, is this FAIRGAME ?

THIS IS ONLY A PART OF OUR STORY; MAKE UP YOUR OWN MIND. WE HAVE

Our daughter Rebecca says she will never disconnect from the family as she would tell them where to go, but we know its only a matter of time

We have always been a close loving family with no secrets. Rebecca has a boy friend David been 29 years of age and he RECRUITED Becky into the Church of Scientology, about 6 years ago.

We were not made clear at the time that she had joined a Cult, I undertook massive research on the Church of Scientology and to our horror we did not like what we found.

We sat down and gave Rebecca our views in a very calm manor but to no avail. Last year she went on the Freewinds this been the second trip in a period of Six Months, where she got engaged.

Rebecca has paid over 7k to the COS for services since her involvement they call it Donations.

In October 07 Rebecca agreed to leave the org at Manchester and not to set foot in the place again, this was promised for the love of the family and even though her boy friend remains in it we had to believe in her.

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/archives/2010/03/anderson_cooper.php

Smurf, whats your problem ? PLEASE speak to Susan Talbot or join OSA.