What's new

Louis Farrakhan, the Nation of Islam, and Scientology

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Marty just wrote an article about Farrakhan's sermon today being all about Hubbard and Scientology, without mentioning them by name. Here's a horrible bit from his article:
Farrakahn makes reference to the Admin Scale, org boards, engrams, auditing, and a host of other LRH concepts. He announces the fact the Nation has created a new org board that includes a department that is concerned wholly with getting members up the Bridge.

. . .

In [his final words] he made it crystal clear that all current Ministers of the Nation of Islam must sign papers agreeing to partake in Scientology training, and those that refuse “will be thanked for all they have done” for the Nation and told to “sit down.”

It sounds genuine. Googling Farrakhan and Scientology turns up stories like this, from September 2009:

Excerpted from http://www.starzlife.com/20090915/e...e-being-audited-at-the-church-of-scientology/:
EXCLUSIVE: AL SHARPTON AND LOUIS FARRAKHAN ARE BEING AUDITED AT THE CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY
Wowza! the Reverend Al Sharpton, a fanatic Christian, and the Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan, a Jew-hating Muslim, are taking introductory courses and getting “audited” at the Church of Scientology, so says a source on the inside.​
Stay tuned. :)

Paul

Last edited:

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Someone needs to remind Marty, that in Farrakhan's eyes, he is a "white devil" that has committed a grievous sin marrying a black woman.

"Given what Elijah Muhammad actually taught – that whites are devils created by an evil black scientist and that interracial marriage is evil – it is hard to see how Farrakhan can reconcile his claim that ‘I subscribe to every word that the Honorable Elijah Muhammad taught us’ with the apparently more moderate statements that followed."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu7pGDXsKiI&feature=player_embedded

http://www.familysecuritymatters.org/publications/id.6963/pub_detail.asp

AnonKat

Crusader
Louis Farrakhan gets L. Ron Hubbard

Someone needs to remind Marty, that in Farrakhan's eyes, he is a "white devil" that has committed a grievous sin marrying a black woman.

"Given what Elijah Muhammad actually taught – that whites are devils created by an evil black scientist and that interracial marriage is evil – it is hard to see how Farrakhan can reconcile his claim that ‘I subscribe to every word that the Honorable Elijah Muhammad taught us’ with the apparently more moderate statements that followed."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu7pGDXsKiI&feature=player_embedded

http://www.familysecuritymatters.org/publications/id.6963/pub_detail.asp

I just tried my best. an omnious comment to another poster though

martyrathbun09 | August 22, 2010 at 11:57 pm | Reply
“Sounds more like an enforced corporate top-down merger. This could be a real disaster for both groups” You’ve got that right.

"Louis Farrakhan gets L. Ron Hubbard"

Well he's got that right.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Holy shit.

Yes.

I can see this tearing them apart. So Nation of Islam (NOI) "Int Management" will order the NOI ministers to do Scn "training" or else resign, according to Marty. Presumably NOI members will be "encouraged" to do likewise. I don't know what is meant by "Scn training" here, but it could include things like co-auditing on Book One.

I'm sure enough people there will search around online and find no end of related controversy. As well as which, I imagine the CofS people will have their teeth into them, and Marty's groupies will try to get their teeth into them too to tear them away from the jaws of the unGodly CofS, and it will all turn into a right mess.

:drama:

Paul

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
From an older St. Pete Times article...

http://www.sptimes.com/2006/02/18/Worldandnation/Scientology_awards_re.shtml

Scientology awards reach out to black community

Tonight's Ebony Awakening awards honor prominent African-American leaders who are using Scientology methods in their own churches.

By ROBERT FARLEY
Published February 18, 2006
CLEARWATER - This evening's black-tie celebration of Black History month at the Fort Harrison Hotel is a clear signal Scientologists are forging fruitful relationships with persuasive voices in some of the nation's black communities.

Among the four black clergy to be honored at Scientology's annual Ebony Awakening awards ceremony is Minister Louis Farrakhan of the Nation of Islam.

Farrakhan is convalescing after extensive touring for last October's Millions More Movement march, but Western Regional Minister Tony Muhammad will accept on his behalf.

The evening's keynote speaker will be Baptist pastor Alfreddie Johnson, newly elected City Council member in Lynwood, Calif., and executive director of the World Literacy Crusade, a tutoring program that uses the "study technology" of Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard.
In interviews this week, Muhammad and Johnson said they are comfortable partnering with Scientology. They both disclosed a plan to train members of the Nation of Islam to administer Hubbard's "study tech" and drug treatment methods.

The programs will be offered at mosques in the Los Angeles area to start. A similar collaboration is playing out in East Tampa at the Glorious Church of God in Christ. Rev. Charles L. Kennedy has arranged for his congregants to be trained by Scientologists to teach Hubbard's scholastic and drug treatment techniques to residents in the predominantly black neighborhood.

Kennedy also will be honored at the Fort Harrison tonight with a "Friends of Mankind" award.
Other honorees are Dr. Johnny Ray Youngblood, leader of the 10,000-member St. Paul Community Baptist Church in Brooklyn, and Houston-based Rev. James McLaughlin, senior pastor of the Wayman Chapel African Methodist Episcopal church, and his wife Cleo Johnson-McLaughlin.

The McLaughlins founded the Gift of Life Drug Free program in Houston. It is a Narconon facility, meaning it utilizes Hubbard's controversial detoxification program which purports to remove harmful toxins through vigorous exercise followed by several hours in a sauna, then a regimen of vitamins, minerals and oils.

Johnson, 43, who has promoted Scientology's literacy efforts for 14 years and was honored by Ebony Awakening in 2003, said he recently started a Narconon program as part of his California ministry, based at the True Faith Christian Center in Compton. Like Hubbard education programs, he found it to be "extremely effective."

The traction Scientology appears to be gaining in black communities is a reflection of the willingness of black clergy to listen to nonmainstream messages, Johnson believes.
"In my opinion, most white churches are run by conservatives who have not been locked out of society," said Johnson. "When you go in and try to share new ideas with people who are conservative in their thinking, they are not as open as African-Americans, who historically have been locked out of the mainstream of society."

Johnson sees no conflict being a Baptist minister and a proponent of Hubbard's programs. In directing the World Literacy Crusade, he does not proselytize, he said, or try to convert participants to Scientology. In exposing tens of thousands to Hubbard-based study programs around the world, "none of them have run off to be Scientologists," he said.
Johnson said he met with Farrakhan to explain Hubbard's ideas on the barriers to learning, and his philosophies on drug treatment.

"Who am I to bring this white man (Hubbard) to the Nation of Islam?" Johnson said. "But Minister Farrakhan is not a racist or hater like he's been characterized."

Tony Muhammad, who was called in recently to help quell California's prison riots, said Farrakhan and the Nation of Islam are open to any ideas or programs that will help African-Americans.

"I found some validity in some of the L. Ron Hubbard work," Muhammad said. "They have one of the best drug rehabilitation programs in the country."

It's not necessary that the Nation of Islam and Scientology agree on methodology or ideology, he said.

"We like the drug treatment program and we at least want to collaborate on that," Muhammad said.

Johnson described the rollout of programs to mosques in Los Angeles as a pilot, but "hopefully it will eventually spread," he said.

Partnering with the Nation of Islam will open doors in the black community, Johnson said.
"The Nation of Islam has credibility in the inner-cities of the United States," Johnson said. "People trust them. They believe in what they have to offer."
That Scientologists have connected with black religious leaders is significant given the scarcity of black Scientologists in the United States.

Scientology has not taken a count of its black members, said Clearwater-based spokesperson Pat Harney, but she acknowledged the numbers are low.
In recent years, the church has attempted to make inroads, opening churches in predominantly black areas of Harlem and Engelwood, Calif.

Recruiting new members is not the aim of Ebony Awakening, said Stephanie Hamilton, who co-founded the organization with her mother, jazz singer Amanda Ambrose. The group, headquartered in Clearwater, is dedicated to spreading Hubbard's social programs into black communities.

"We must do something about the needs in the black community, and it has nothing to do with what religion we are," said Hamilton, who moved to Clearwater from L.A. six years ago.
Hamilton said curiosity about Hubbard's social programs among black clergy prompted Ebony Awakening to hold a leadership conference in the days preceding tonight's awards banquet. Black clergy were introduced to Hubbard's programs and given a tour of Rev. Kennedy's community center in Tampa.

Their question, inevitably: "If we use these programs, can we still be Christians, Muslims or Bahia or whatever they are?" Hamilton said.

"Of course," she said, "there is no effect."

Div6

Crusader
Yes.

I can see this tearing them apart. So Nation of Islam (NOI) "Int Management" will order the NOI ministers to do Scn "training" or else resign, according to Marty. Presumably NOI members will be "encouraged" to do likewise. I don't know what is meant by "Scn training" here, but it could include things like co-auditing on Book One.

I'm sure enough people there will search around online and find no end of related controversy. As well as which, I imagine the CofS people will have their teeth into them, and Marty's groupies will try to get their teeth into them too to tear them away from the jaws of the unGodly CofS, and it will all turn into a right mess.

:drama:

Paul

Which may explain why AnonSparrow was set up at the DC Idle Morgue....and who the mysterious "bodyguards" were.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I can see this tearing them apart.

I agree:

funny-dog-pictures-not-gonna-end-well.jpg

HelluvaHoax!

I just put on the evening news and saw this....

NEWSCASTER: "So, recapping our top story of the day, a really really crazy, evil, lying guy Ron Hubbard made up some super silly, non-working tech that he sold to Scientologists for about a half million dollars each. Then a really really crazy, evil lying guy COB took over the cult using Hubbard's super silly non-working tech. Then a really really crazy evil lying guy Rathbun set up his own cult by claiming that COB is altering the super-silly non-working tech so that it really really doesn't work. Then a really really crazy evil lying guy Rev Louis Farrakhan decided he wanted a piece of the super-silly non-working tech for his cult. In a related story, Freezoners and Indies became extremely disoriented when they could not decide which of those 4 insane criminal cult leaders had the best super-silly non-working tech."

Holy Samolee! :omg:

Both groups are "haters", maybe getting entangled with each other will hasten the destruction of both...the effect will be to devalue both groups further in the eyes of the public.

I wouldn't have thought that anything could give the NOI a worse reputation, but actually, becoming IAS card-carrying Scientologists does it! :ohmy:

This information should be given the broadest public circulation possible. I'm telling my local newspaper editor! :yes:

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
ROFLMAO

Yoni | August 22, 2010 at 11:05 pm | Reply

As a jew, I must take offense to this…I mean, you DO realize the man’s an anti-semite, right? Please print this, as I’m not trying to start a flame war, or something. I would like yours, and others, opinion on the subject.

martyrathbun09 | August 22, 2010 at 11:38 pm | Reply

Scientology can handle that.

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
I say - read DMSMH, dig the concept of Black Dianetics, stock up on canned food supplies and a paper towels, buy AK - 47 from your friendly neighbor garage salesman (with unlimited ammo) and keep your eyes open.
I hope I am just being silly.

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
Which may explain why AnonSparrow was set up at the DC Idle Morgue....and who the mysterious "bodyguards" were.

Yes, when I saw those guys on Sparrow's video my first thought is why does the cult have Nation of Islam thugs acting as body guards.

Wow.

Louis Farrakhan is an evil nutjob.

Hopefully.Marty's followers are all be cringing in horror at his latest post and wondering if Marty lost his mind.

HelluvaHoax!

Wholetrack scripture with space aliens, ufos, mountains and bombs dropping....

Xenu?

No, NOI.

Onion of wacko-militaristic-cult selling sci-fi deceit. (begin peeling....)

The Mother Plane
Elijah Muhammad taught his followers about a Mother Plane or Wheel, a UFO that was seen and described in the visions of the prophet Ezekiel in the Book of Ezekiel, in the Hebrew Bible.
Now as I looked at the living creatures, I saw a wheel on the earth beside the living creatures, one for each of the four of them. As for the appearance of the wheels and their construction: their appearance was like the gleaming of beryl. And the four had the same likeness, their appearance and construction being as it were a wheel within a wheel. When they went, they went in any of their four directions without turning as they went. And their rims were tall and awesome, and the rims of all four were full of eyes all around. Book of Ezekiel Chapter 1:15-18, Bible, English Standard Version
Louis Farrakhan, commenting on his teacher's description, said the following:
"The Honorable Elijah Muhammad told us of a giant Mother Plane that is made like the universe, spheres within spheres. White people call them unidentified flying objects. Ezekiel, in the Old Testament, saw a wheel that looked like a cloud by day but a pillar of fire by night. The Honorable Elijah Muhammad said that that wheel was built on the island of Nippon, which is now called Japan, by some of the Original scientists. It took $15 billion in gold at that time to build it. It is made of the toughest steel. America does not yet know the composition of the steel used to make an instrument like it. It is a circular plane, and the Bible says that it never makes turns. Because of its circular nature it can stop and travel in all directions at speeds of thousands of miles per hour. He said there are 1,500 small wheels in this Mother Wheel, which is a half mile by a half mile (800 m by 800 m). This Mother Wheel is like a small human-built planet. Each one of these small planes carry three bombs.
“The Honorable Elijah Muhammad said these planes were used to set up mountains on the earth. The Qur'an says it like this: We have raised mountains on the earth lest it convulse with you. How do you raise a mountain, and what is the purpose of a mountain? Have you ever tried to balance a tire? You use weights to keep the tire balanced. That's how the earth is balanced, with mountain ranges. The Honorable Elijah Muhammad said that we have a type of bomb that, when it strikes the earth a drill on it is timed to go into the earth and explode at the height that you wish the mountain to be. If you wish to take the mountain up a mile (1.6 km), you time the drill to go a mile (1.6 km) in and then explode. The bombs these planes have are timed to go one mile (1.6 km) down and bring up a mountain one mile (1.6 km) high, but it will destroy everything within a 50-square-mile (130 km²) radius. The white man writes in his above top secret memos of the UFOs. He sees them around his military installations like they are spying.
“That Mother Wheel is a dreadful-looking thing. White folks are making movies now to make these planes look like fiction, but it is based on something real. The Honorable Elijah Muhammad said that Mother Plane is so powerful that with sound reverberating in the atmosphere, just with a sound, she can crumble buildings.”
Minister Louis Farrakhan, The Divine Destruction of America: Can She Avert It?[2]​