What's new

Louis Farrakhan, the Nation of Islam, and Scientology

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Yeah. Definitely time for some 'mainstream' media to latch onto this story. Richard Behar maybe? :)

Tony Ortega? SPTimes?

Come on guys; this is interesting.

Zinj

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

Zinj

Yes. The apparent rift in the NOI is interesting. But I watched all that first video and all but two minutes of the second and I found them very uninteresting in the main. Tory's video was useful and to the point, but I didn't consider the rest worth the time. There's a rift, with these CORE guys making sense, and that's about all that's worth saying about it, in my opinion.

So what does this mean? Who are these CORE guys? How significant is this rift?

Paul

Zinjifar

Yes. The apparent rift in the NOI is interesting. But I watched all that first video and all but two minutes of the second and I found them very uninteresting in the main. Tory's video was useful and to the point, but I didn't consider the rest worth the time. There's a rift, with these CORE guys making sense, and that's about all that's worth saying about it, in my opinion.

So what does this mean? Who are these CORE guys? How significant is this rift?

Paul

Considering NOI's tradition of assassination, who knows?

Zinj

AnonKat

Crusader
Isn't it time Marty Rathbun filled us in on the other details and evaluations he promised us more than a month ago when he announced that 'Louis Farrakahn Gets LRH!' ?

Zinj

Yes I think he is at "confusion" on that. Why don't you post a polite question on his blog about that.:coolwink:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Considering NOI's tradition of assassination, who knows?

Zinj

That is ridiculous and shows your ignorance of the Islamic religion and the culture of the general Muslim population.

Most muslims agree with the 3 men on the show, that their religion is about reverence to their God, Allah, and the prophet Mohammed who came to earth ( just like Christians in general believe in their God and Jesus as messiah) - NOT reverence in a human like L Ron Hubbard or even Farrakhan, to lead them or solve their problems. Assassinations? Only the radical fringe endorsed that. 99% of muslims do not endorce violence.

Get with it and distinguish the facts.

Last edited:

Zinjifar

NOI is Muslim in the same sense that People's Temple was 'Christian'.
(Or Scientology is Scientific)

Addendum: I don't know if you're just ignorant Mary, or deliberately playing dumb.

Zinj

Most muslims agree with the 3 men on the show, that their religion is about reverence to their God, Allah, and the prophet Mohammed who came to earth ( just like Christians in general believe in their God and Jesus as messiah) - ...

Allah is the same "person" as the judeo/christian god. The word "allah" means god and is derived from the same old semitic root as "el", the hebrew word for god. The old semitic deity "Baal" was another variation on this. Baal is an old semitic form for "Lord God".

The word "god" is of germanic origin. Neither jesus or moses worshipped "god". They worshipped El. They knew him by several "sacred names", among them the "tetragrammaton" of yahweh. Tetragrammaton refers to the four hebrew letters (y-h-w-h), used as a short "non-sacred" way of refering to the full sacred name of "El", i.e. yahweh. Jehovah is another (latinized) form of the same name.

Islam is simply an "updated & reformed" version of christianity as it recognizes the monotheistic tradition established by the jews & known to jesus but strips away the later divine status accorded to jesus in the pauline tradition. Islam recognizes jesus as one of the many prophets who have been sent as messengers of "Allah/El/God". Although Islam considers any concept of multiple divine persons, such as was mandated by the pauline tradition of the trinity, as innately blasphemous and an affront to the solitary identity of god, and thus amounting to a form of polytheism.

Mohammed is recognized in the orthodox islamic tradition, sunni, as the last of god's prophets. Shiites accept later religious authorities as also having the standing of religious prophets. Sufi's are mystics and proponents of directly developing spiritual relationships with god. They are often reviled as "apostates", "blasphemers", and "unbelievers" by the especially "orthodox" adherents of islam. Similar attitudes are present among many orthodox christians towards the many mystical/spiritual types found in the west.

Hence the "formula" of Islam is "there is no god but god, and mohammed is his prophet". It is the counterpart to christian "baptism". It is all that is required to make a person a muslim. It is deemed the "submission" to the will of allah, i.e. god.

Mark A. Baker

Zinjifar

The Nation of Islam recognizes Wallace Fard Muhammad as god and the apparent schism between Louis and the guys from the video clip is his naming Wallace as the 'founder', rather than God Incarnate in an interview with a media outlet with a largely traditional muslim audience.

Wallace Fard Muhammad disappeared after being forced to leave Detroit following an assassination and Elijah Muhammad took over the reins of the Nation of Islam. After ordering the assassination of Malcolm X Elijah eventually died, leaving Louis Farrakahn in power.

Both Wallace Fard Muhammad and Elijah Muhammad currently live in the Mother Plane, which orbits Earth carrying Baby Planes with atom bombs which will be dropped at the right time.

Zinj

AnonKat

Crusader
The Nation of Islam recognizes Wallace Fard Muhammad as god and the apparent schism between Louis and the guys from the video clip is his naming Wallace as the 'founder', rather than God Incarnate in an interview with a media outlet with a largely traditional muslim audience.

Wallace Fard Muhammad disappeared after being forced to leave Detroit following an assassination and Elijah Muhammad took over the reins of the Nation of Islam. After ordering the assassination of Malcolm X Elijah eventually died, leaving Louis Farrakahn in power.

Both Wallace Fard Muhammad and Elijah Muhammad currently live in the Mother Plane, which orbits Earth carrying Baby Planes with atom bombs which will be dropped at the right time.

Zinj

LOL the name Joseph Smith comes to mind

Sounds good in German too lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvaTLs3XYZQ

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Allah is the same "person" as the judeo/christian god. The word "allah" means god and is derived from the same old semitic root as "el", the hebrew word for god. The old semitic deity "Baal" was another variation on this. Baal is an old semitic form for "Lord God".

The word "god" is of germanic origin. Neither jesus or moses worshipped "god". They worshipped El. They knew him by several "sacred names", among them the "tetragrammaton" of yahweh. Tetragrammaton refers to the four hebrew letters (y-h-w-h), used as a short "non-sacred" way of refering to the full sacred name of "El", i.e. yahweh. Jehovah is another (latinized) form of the same name.

Islam is simply an "updated & reformed" version of christianity as it recognizes the monotheistic tradition established by the jews & known to jesus but strips away the later divine status accorded to jesus in the pauline tradition. Islam recognizes jesus as one of the many prophets who have been sent as messengers of "Allah/El/God". Although Islam considers any concept of multiple divine persons, such as was mandated by the pauline tradition of the trinity, as innately blasphemous and an affront to the solitary identity of god, and thus amounting to a form of polytheism.

Mohammed is recognized in the orthodox islamic tradition, sunni, as the last of god's prophets. Shiites accept later religious authorities as also having the standing of religious prophets. Sufi's are mystics and proponents of directly developing spiritual relationships with god. They are often reviled as "apostates", "blasphemers", and "unbelievers" by the especially "orthodox" adherents of islam. Similar attitudes are present among many orthodox christians towards the many mystical/spiritual types found in the west.

Hence the "formula" of Islam is "there is no god but god, and mohammed is his prophet". It is the counterpart to christian "baptism". It is all that is required to make a person a muslim. It is deemed the "submission" to the will of allah, i.e. god.

Mark A. Baker

Pretty damn good, Mark.

And to think, you are a fucking pagan!

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
That is ridiculous and shows your ignorance of the Islamic religion and the culture of the general Muslim population.

Most muslims agree with the 3 men on the show, that their religion is about reverence to their God, Allah, and the prophet Mohammed who came to earth ( just like Christians in general believe in their God and Jesus as messiah) - NOT reverence in a human like L Ron Hubbard or even Farrakhan, to lead them or solve their problems. Assassinations? Only the radical fringe endorsed that. 99% of muslims do not endorce violence.

Get with it and distinguish the facts.

First, Nation of Islam is not about conventional Islam. The only thing they have in common is the word "Islam". Read History of Nation of Islam from their own site.
Their mythology has the white race being created by an evil black scientist named Yacub 8,400 years ago (their own little Xemu saga). Just google Yacub. NoI (as distinct from mainstream Islam) believes that the white race is evil.

Second, Nation of Islam has a documented history of being associated with murder, from the assassination of Malcolm X onwards.

Now, faced with the fact that you had no clue as to what Nation of Islam was when you made your statement, how about you do some research before accusing others of ignorance?

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa

Zinj

This is not true, is it?

Tell me that's a Zinjifarian squirreling of NOI teachings.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Yeah. Definitely time for some 'mainstream' media to latch onto this story. Richard Behar maybe? :)

Tony Ortega? SPTimes?

Zinj

Excellent point, this would make an outstanding expose piece for an intrepid journalist to give an insider's view of two cults on a collision path---could even be a SERIES written as it unfolds. Considering the two para-military cults involved, it might well be a masterful look at megalomania, greed, delusion, psychological terrorism, machiavellian lust for power, intimidation & brainwashing.

And all that's just in the opening paragraph about the friendly street-corner vendors selling 'free personality tests' and 'bean pies'.

It gets way juicer as it moves up the org board towards the saints and messiah levels--if the journalist ever makes it that far before awakening with a horse's head in their bed.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
This is not true, is it?

Tell me that's a Zinjifarian squirreling of NOI teachings.

Farrakhan regarding the Mother Plane/ Mother Wheel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtiVP-E2eFI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyUW3gdrOfo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xOGXP8asYI&feature=PlayList&p=7A444208F9EDB0E5&index=0&playnext=1

Lots of other stuff on youtube. Search for Farrakhan Mother ship or mother plane or motherwheel.

Farrakhan and LRH may have been smoking some of the same good stuff.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

Moving on to the subject of conventional Islam, have you actually read the Quran and Hadith?

I have.

I've read the whole Quran, and large parts of the Hadith. I've been having some discussion on the subject at the Koran Burning Drama thread. Perhaps you would like to join in there?