What's new

VIDEO: The Secrets of Scientology

dianaclass8

Silver Meritorious Patron
I feel like I wasted my time because they did not say anything new, important or that would lead to the arrest, investigation and prosecution of the executives of the Cof$.

It was well presented, very nice, but that's about it. It seems that Sweeney is afraid to ask M&M real questions, that give juicy information.

OK, the outcome of the videos:
That Mike Rinder accepts they used black Scn to get Sweeney.
They are destroying families
They follow you with cameras and PIs.
That M&M were part of the criminal cult and perpetrated crimes to help DM to stay in power and now have become the "leaders of the independent field" the crusaders of freedon:duh:

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
That Mike Rinder accepts they used black Scn to get Sweeney.

I'm less disappointed in the show, because I had expected worse; that Marty and Mike would have been the *prime* element.

Thank God I'm spared that.

But, I also disagree with the above quoted line;

Mike didn't *accept* that *he* used Black Scientology to 'get' Sweeney; he *ADMITS* it.

There's a difference.

Zinj

dianaclass8

I'm less disappointed in the show, because I had expected worse; that Marty and Mike would have been the *prime* element.

Thank God I'm spared that.

But, I also disagree with the above quoted line;

Mike didn't *accept* that *he* used Black Scientology to 'get' Sweeney; he *ADMITS* it.

There's a difference.

Zinj

Wel...doesn't the word 'accept' and 'admit' is the same thing?

One more thing, these videos are very good PR tools for M&M...now they are perceived as the only ones who are doing something about the CofS...

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
That was a very good exposé! - Well done John Sweeney! - And I'm not sarcastic at all.

But!!!!

Marty Rathbun & Mike Rinder are still scientologists! - And all that jabbering about them and other ex'es still 'believing' in scientology!?

So is this TV documentary about the reformation of Scientology? - That seems to be 'the story' to me..

However I don't give a shit about the reformation of Scientology! - Scientology cannot be reformed! - The Orwellian nightmare will fester right out of the new and reformed cult, ugly as ever.

Here's what I think is 'the story': All the people who was defrauded by this mafia like organization calling itself a church! - They outnumber those who 'still believe' by orders of magnitude. Not all of them will speak out. Many of them are embarrassed that they got cheated.. Many are still intimidated. They prefer to forget about Hubbrd and Scientology intirely..

How many?

Well, Scientology itself brags about 10 million members.. A 'realistic' estimate of 'currently active' scientologists will be 50.000.. Do the math.

Allright, I'm joking..

But rest assured that most of the people who got defrauded by scientology do not still believe in anything from the malevolent charlatan L.Ron Hubbard!

Still.. That was a very good documentary.. Well done Sweeney! - Well done to all involved really..

Even Mr.Rathbun and Mike Rinder.. Though how in hell those two can 'still believe' is mindboggeling.. If not downright scary..

:hattip:

Last edited:

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
This documentary is 6 months old. I doubt seriously that there was any 'secret' left on the cutting-room floor. No bodies. No money. Marty is only whining because it wasn't *more* 'as directed by the former Inspector General'.

Now, for some up to date and cutting edge journalism; how bout some looking in to the apparent 'merger' of the Nation of Islam/Louis Farrakahn and 'Dianetics'/Scientology?

*That* would make a fascinating story. Much more so than Davey slapping some people around.

It's even too hot for Marty to handle :)

Zinj

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Thanks! to TEoS and Mrs Evil for the videos.
Thank you! the BBC, Panorama, John Sweeney and the whole Crew.
Thank you! all the Exes and Independents who contributed.
Thank you to the scientologists who inadvertently (or otherwise) helped underline most of Sweeney's "look-it's-a-cult" points.
I thought the whole thing was outstanding.

Nicole

Danke TeOS!!:thumbsup::happydance:

I feel like I wasted my time because they did not say anything new, important or that would lead to the arrest, investigation and prosecution of the executives of the Cof$....

I think that documentation was made for each person. It exists person that doesn't know about Co$. They have to get informed. It exists nations (and people who are living in) that have to learn that Co$ isn't a religion, that it is an evil CULT.

IMO Mike Rinder looks much better than in the year 2007, something hard has gone.

Thanks to everyone who was involved to make this documentation.

Scientology is a CULT. I got that and loved it.
They want to appear respectable and they use celebs to do it, but the celebs look nuts (Kirstie and the others). I got that and loved it.
They carefully record your very personal secrets and they spread them all over the place if you do not toe the line. I got that.
And the celebs they use have their secrets all recorded, being watched by god-knows who, and ready to be spread all around. I got that. They break up families. They harass and follow people. They have a loony story as the big secret of their religion, which they keep secret until you have paid up large.
They deliberately use creepy techniques to try to drive people over the edge if they see them as an enemy.

It's not new to me....but it is still new to some. And it is in a "new unit of time":D It will rehab the publics' perception of scientology as a cult. It will make some really cognite on that.
Some will achieve the EP for the level. Knowing that scientology is an evil cult and being able to keep out of their clutches. There will be 3rd and fourth dynamic wins too when The cognition is shared with others.

nozeno

Gold Meritorious Patron
I have now decided to go into the valence of John Sweeney of the BBC.

John Sweeney - BBC

Picture-142.png

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
The programme was quite good, although I preferred the Canadian "Four Corners" programme. It was more measured and therefore more hard-hitting and it covered more aspects of the cult.

Nevertheless Panorama pushed the "wierd cult" aspect quite well.

Highlights for me were:
  • M&M showing Sweeney how Black Scn was used to get him to react
  • Info about the cult using and holding confidential info on people
  • Sweeney's point about the cult craving respectability, yet his exposure of their disreputable activities!

Too much of the programme, in my opinion, was dedicated to Sweeney's own personal experience although this does show the effect the cult can have on the individual, but Sweeney is just one individual and he personalised it too much for me.

Too much airtime given to the "reformation" movement and not enough to critics.

The link was not made too well between the OTIII "story" and the behaviour of the celebs, Tommy, M&M, and DM. The OTIII story is the motivation for all the mad behaviour, it is not just some interesting "secret" that is only given when enough contribution has been made. This was how the "core secret" was presented by the programme.

How I wish Sweeney had asked M&M why they behaved like they did when in, why DM behaves like he does, why the celebs do and say what they say, why people like Amy and the Headleys stay in and put up with what they do?

The explanation is Ron's OTIII sci-fi story. The link is not well made by these programmes. Ron's "Wall of Fire" is the motivation even for those who haven't studied it yet. Although the lower level poopers are ignorant of it, they are influenced by it in things like KSW and Hubbard's policies and attitudes to "enemies".

Alas the cult and its members are stuck in an "electronic incident" and are fighting old enemies off the track. :whistling:

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Bump

I need to keep bumping this - very busy todya, will only be able to do a few moments at a time . . .

Keep bumping this, please. Thank you :yes: