What's new

Rex Fowler 1st degree murder trial

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
I remembered that Rexie's trial was supposed to be this month and checked back through the articles and it was supposed to be October 25th - however there is nothing on the court docket for that date. Does anybody have anything specific about this?

PinkyandTheGrey

Patron with Honors
Oops, my bad, I can't know why this is of any interest to any Ex$cientologist? :confused2:

WHAT "RELIGION" EXACTLY ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? :confused2:

RESPECT

Last edited:

anon2019

Patron with Honors
I remembered that Rexie's trial was supposed to be this month and checked back through the articles and it was supposed to be October 25th - however there is nothing on the court docket for that date. Does anybody have anything specific about this?

Posted by Radio Paul on WWP
I called the Adams County Court in Co today and they stated his case is set for early Feb 2011. He has selected a Jury Trial and that is part of the reason for delay. If you are local you might want to find out what you need to do to attend or ask for it to be recorded.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Prediction: New creative defense pleading....

"Not guilty by reason of MU on how to apply Fair Game Policy without getting caught--which defendant has already handled, done lowers on and doesn't care to be overrun with squirrely wog justice."​

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Prediction ... guilty, but mad as a meataxe, brought on by the stress of being involved in a greedy and destructive cult and having to play the completely pointless game of "hunt the body thetan" on a daily basis for years whilst paying a fortune to the cofs for the privilege of doing so, which would surely send anyone mad.

Oh, but he won't be able to use that reason will he ... his eternity will be at risk and he probably still believes scientology is the sanest group on the planet ...

I just feel for the victim and his family.

:yes:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Prediction ... guilty, but mad as a meataxe, brought on by the stress of being involved in a greedy and destructive cult and having to play the completely pointless game of "hunt the body thetan" on a daily basis for years whilst paying a fortune to the cofs for the privilege of doing so, which would surely send anyone mad.

Oh, but he won't be able to use that reason will he ... his eternity will be at risk and he probably still believes scientology is the sanest group on the planet ...

I just feel for the victim and his family.

Worst punishment you can commit on a Scientologist?

Revoke their bt "hunting" license for eternity.

istockphoto_4376020-antique-hunting-license.jpg

Note that it states: "TO BE WORN ON MIDDLE OF BACK".

In the wog world that is to prevent tragic hunting accidents.

In Scientology that is because if you try to hunt bts without a license, Scientology is licensed to hunt YOU down.

And the big red rectangle, Ron discovered, provides a brightly-colored, festive, theta target to zero in on.

freethinker

Sponsor
If Rex is looking for a jury trial I can only think of tampering or asking for dismissal because the candidates are biased against Scientology.

Mockingbird6

Patron with Honors
Wouldn't it be funny if Rex opted for a jury trial because that would keep him away from his wife longer?

Wouldn't it be funny if Rex opted for a jury trial so the whole sordid mess can be made public and people get to see how CofS got him to do something shady with his company's money to donate and then couldn't keep it going?

Does a guy who shot himself that way have enough brain power to think like this? Maybe he went "super-theta-nova-clear" with some part of his brain shot away and saw truth all of a sudden.

I gotta get a life....

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
a plea of not guilty is mandatory in a 1st degree murder charge. So I presume that the prosecutors and rex' lawyers are busy going back and forth.

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron
I'm sure in voir dire knowledge of scn. will be asked of the jurors. Perhaps with the amount of press in the past year, Rex will have to be extradited to another planet for a fair trial.

Jury tampering? Rex is broke and won't have the resources to get involved with that...hiring PIs and such... And the church? Na. They will be happy to leave ol' Rex high and dry. In fact the sooner he is convicted and his mouth is shut, the better, so they can distance themselves from all this.

I'm sure they have OSA all over it for damage control but really there's not much the church can do. It's not the McPherson trial and they're not going to protect Rex and they are not on trial. (Yet.) Their only loss will be in PR unless Rex and his wife sue the church.

But certainly no trial would be the ideal for scn. No muss no fuss....now let's see....how could they accomplish that? :whistling:

freethinker

Sponsor
While you may be right, never put anything past the cult.

They don't deal in logic but they do deal in control.
I'm sure in voir dire knowledge of scn. will be asked of the jurors. Perhaps with the amount of press in the past year, Rex will have to be extradited to another planet for a fair trial.

Jury tampering? Rex is broke and won't have the resources to get involved with that...hiring PIs and such... And the church? Na. They will be happy to leave ol' Rex high and dry. In fact the sooner he is convicted and his mouth is shut, the better, so they can distance themselves from all this.

I'm sure they have OSA all over it for damage control but really there's not much the church can do. It's not the McPherson trial and they're not going to protect Rex and they are not on trial. (Yet.) Their only loss will be in PR unless Rex and his wife sue the church.

But certainly no trial would be the ideal for scn. No muss no fuss....now let's see....how could they accomplish that? :whistling:

It is quite fascinating to me how much of a pickle the COS are in over this one. Usually they can get out some way or other with money and abusive power, but they are really stuck this time. They might usually try to do damage control by distancing themselves from Rex by claiming he had not been active etc etc, but they can't even do that.
They could go for framing the victim I suppose....poor old OSA, they are going to need all of their ability to make it go right.

Doom

Lurking.

Scary thought Arthur, but this is a very very tight line for the CoS to walk,
a trial with anything but a not guilty verdict is not an option.

Mainly because of Rex being an OTVII, the CoS will have to compartmentalise him and his wife either willingly (lambs for the greater good) or unwillingly (dead agent and character assaination) to avoid the bad PR.
What I think is important is if the CoS gives Rex the Shaft,
we use this as Ammo for getting others out.

There is a slim chance that the CoS will go into bat for Rex, that could turn into a train wreck.

Damned if they do, Damned if they don't.

anonymous1312

Patron with Honors
It is quite fascinating to me how much of a pickle the COS are in over this one. Usually they can get out some way or other with money and abusive power, but they are really stuck this time. They might usually try to do damage control by distancing themselves from Rex by claiming he had not been active etc etc, but they can't even do that.
They could go for framing the victim I suppose....poor old OSA, they are going to need all of their ability to make it go right.

IIRC the cult's initial knee jerk response was essentially nothing to do with us, family matter, private matter etc.

I expect if Rex and his lawyer try to bring the cult in to this, I doubt the prosecution would, I bet the cult's lawyers will do all they can to avoid being called perhaps siding with the prosecution to get themselves excluded.

I think this is sad because there can't be any reasonable doubt of guilt with respect to the murder it just comes down to mitigation (the degree of murder) and the cult's involvement in influencing Rex through various means goes some way to mitigation. I also feel it is only fair to the victim's family that the whole story comes out.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Here's a PR line for them .. (Hey, they did train me for it, so now I'm gonna give some back, ok!)

Rex Fowler is living proof of OT ability! - He shot himself through the head and survived! - That's even more OT than L.Ron Hubbard, who was blind fom some war damage and made himself see again. And Hubbard had some other ailment too, from some other war damage.. I don't recall exactly... Perhaps severe and compounded constipation and high volume flatulence.. Tremenduous pressure! More than 50 PSI! - He handled that too himself, with minimal collateral damage!

But Rex Fowler actually shot himself through his own head and brain! - And lives!

Contact your nearest Scientology Church and sign up for your own OT levels! Only 300.000 bucks! - Then you too can shoot yourself through your head and live to tell! - OT ability is for everyone! - That was always L.Ron Hubbard's intention!

Doom

Lurking.
Here's a PR line for them .. (Hey, they did train me for it, so now I'm gonna give some back, ok!)

Rex Fowler is living proof of OT ability! - He shot himself through the head and survived! - That's even more OT than L.Ron Hubbard, who was blind fom some war damage and made himself see again. And Hubbard had some other ailment too, from some other war damage.. I don't recall exactly... Perhaps severe and compounded constipation and high volume flatulence.. Tremenduous pressure! More than 50 PSI! - He handled that too himself, with minimal collateral damage!

But Rex Fowler actually shot himself through his own head and brain! - And lives!

Contact your nearest Scientology Church and sign up for your own OT levels! Only 300.000 bucks! - Then you too can shoot yourself through your head and live to tell! - OT ability is for everyone! - That was always L.Ron Hubbard's intention!

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

So. Rex is done. The only question relevant to those who want to see the cult brought down, is how much of a PR flap will ensue.
Is that right? It looks to me that it *could* just slip right on by and not be noticed, if Scientology is kept out of the court blather.
Is the COS *really* hooked into it.....or can the COS be easily left out by making it a personal thing between the accused and the victim?
We may all see the COS as being very important, but will that be the perspective of other non ex scientology participants?

I hope the media do make a big story out of it and get into the COS, but will they?

What do you think? Am I being a bit shortsighted?

FinallyMe

Silver Meritorious Patron
I'm thinking that Fowler wants a jury so that he can garner sympathy due to having been brain-washed by the church. I think he'd have a better chance with that defense with a jury than with just a judge. Seems to me he's had some time to ponder on what he did and why he did it -- maybe he's learned what effect the church really had on him. Just a thought.