What's new

You can read on this forum and still be a believer???

Hatshepsut

Crusader
Originally Posted by uniquemand
Good questions. Personally, I don't think that there is such a thing as a disembodied spirit, as I think consciousness/spirit are emergent properties of highly organized systems. No system, no consciousness, no consciousness, no spirit.

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/thomas_poxy.htm

The Gospel of Thomas Fragments from Oxyrhynchus

Coptic version:
Jesus said, "If the flesh came into being because of spirit, it is a wonder. But if spirit came into being because of the body, it is a wonder of wonders. Indeed, I am amazed at how this great wealth has made its home in this poverty."

saying 29

uniquemand

Unbeliever

Coptic version:
Jesus said, "If the flesh came into being because of spirit, it is a wonder. But if spirit came into being because of the body, it is a wonder of wonders. Indeed, I am amazed at how this great wealth has made its home in this poverty."

saying 29

it is a wonder. but at least, with the wonder of the flesh, you have a starting point that is not a fiction.

Moonchild

Patron with Honors
As I see it, there are two questions;

are these whateveryacallum live, sentient beings, or not,

are they able to influence anyone's thoughts and actions?

If both are true, then what makes them different than demons? Not all demons make a person a raving maniac. There is a story in Acts, if I recall, that has a couple of the apostles cast a demon out of a girl, and the community is upset, because she was divining things for them, but can no longer do it.

What if OT III is reverse exorcism, and the 'case gain' you get are the demons using their powers through you?

I don't believe these 'whateveryacallums' are live, sentient discrete beings in themselves but the person who created them within himself in his unconscious/subconscious mind might 'think' otherwise. And yes, I think 'they' are perfectly capable of influencing thought and action...that's why we put 'them' there in the first place; you could think of it as a way to escape responsibility for certain of our actions in life.

Much more I could say, but off to bed now.

Take care, MC :)

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
I don't believe these 'whateveryacallums' are live, sentient discrete beings in themselves but the person who created them within himself in his unconscious/subconscious mind might 'think' otherwise. And yes, I think 'they' are perfectly capable of influencing thought and action...that's why we put 'them' there in the first place; you could think of it as a way to escape responsibility for certain of our actions in life.

Nice trick for nothing but a mind construct.

I'm familiar with the all the occult theories, bud. It's sort of my hobby, being born on Halloween under a full moon and all. I know all about the lothesome larvae and all, and don't buy it.

Although we are created in God's image, and have many of his powers, I don't think we are quite up to creating spirits just yet. Maybe raw materials, but those get taken away by other beings.

If you are being told to do things you don't really want to do, you got a conflict. It's a spiritual war. It's voices in your head debating each other. Suck it up and deal with it, you pussies.

Hatshepsut

Crusader

Coptic version: Jesus said, "Blessed is the lion which becomes man when consumed by man; and cursed is the man whom the lion consumes, and the lion becomes man."

Last edited:

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Nice trick for nothing but a mind construct.

I'm familiar with the all the occult theories, bud. It's sort of my hobby, being born on Halloween under a full moon and all. I know all about the lothesome larvae and all, and don't buy it.

Although we are created in God's image, and have many of his powers, I don't think we are quite up to creating spirits just yet. Maybe raw materials, but those get taken away by other beings.

If you are being told to do things you don't really want to do, you got a conflict. It's a spiritual war. It's voices in your head debating each other. Suck it up and deal with it, you pussies.

What is this "God's Image" crap? Are you that much of a sucker?

uniquemand

Unbeliever

I've been watching some fun documentaries, recently. One of them was the National Geographic thing on the Gospel according to Judas. Very interesting. I like the gnostic Christians much more than the dogmatic ones.

nexus100

Gold Meritorious Patron
Everything that anyone can think, do, say or imagine is "real", my opinion. Everything is part of this place we inhabit. The way to see through is to understand what you are seeing. Understanding is strictly an individual operation and up to each person as he or she sees fit. But if you accept everything is real and put whatever comes up into context with you already accept as reality, some interesting things start to happen.

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
Everything that anyone can think, do, say or imagine is "real", my opinion. Everything is part of this place we inhabit. The way to see through is to understand what you are seeing. Understanding is strictly an individual operation and up to each person as he or she sees fit. But if you accept everything is real and put whatever comes up into context with you already accept as reality, some interesting things start to happen.

I'll bet...

Hatshepsut

Crusader

Coptic version:Jesus said, "Recognize what is in your sight, and that which is hidden from you will become plain to you . For there is nothing hidden which will not become manifest."

:wink2:

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
What is this "God's Image" crap? Are you that much of a sucker?

yeah, I know you think you got started by lighting hitting a mud puddle, or something, but you're wrong. You are an incredible piece of work. Your DNA is more elegantly sophisticated than any software written by man. You live in a digital -mind you; NOT analog- structure that you call the universe.

And you think; first there was nothing, and then.....IT EXPLODED!!!!

ok.......

Hatshepsut

Crusader
Your going to have to help me out a little more if you want me to understand what the hell your talking about.

These are supposed to be mysteries. They are the secrets said to Thomas that supposedly are too mystical for the others to understand.

Coptic version
These are the secret sayings which the living Jesus spoke and which Didymos Judas Thomas wrote down. And he said, "Whoever finds the interpretation of these sayings will not experience death."

Coptic version:
Jesus said, "The pharisees and the scribes have taken the keys of knowledge (gnosis) and hidden them. They themselves have not entered, nor have they allowed to enter those who wish to. You, however, be as wise as serpents and as innocent as doves
." (that's us Rmack!)

Last edited:

AlphOhm

Traveler of time/space
Your going to have to help me out a little more if you want me to understand what the hell your talking about.

You might remember some liberal misquotes and some forged Dox re the Gospel of Thomas--"Jesus was a pedophile..."

::::cough:::::::Fishman::::::cough:::::

Your sect of Paulism of course has rejected the Gospel of Thomas as heretic long ago.