What's new

You can read on this forum and still be a believer???

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
absence of a full explanation shouldn't mean adoption of a fiction.

Study microbiology. There is much available on the interweb. It's glaringly obvious that DNA is a computer code. A very sophisticated computer code. It didn't happen by itself, dude. You have to be put to sleep to not see it.

If it didn't happen by itself, how did it happen?

That's the question you need to answer, bro. Good luck.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Lol, bro. I would agree that it's information processing. That doesn't mean Jehovah wrote the code. That's a pretty big leap!

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
Lol, bro. I would agree that it's information processing. That doesn't mean Jehovah wrote the code. That's a pretty big leap!

Well, then who did write the code? et? who taught him?

It all winds up in the same place....

uniquemand

Unbeliever
We don't know. Does that mean we have to pretend we do, because a bunch of con-men and spaced out gnostics wrote some stuff a few thousand years ago?

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
We don't know. Does that mean we have to pretend we do, because a bunch of con-men and spaced out gnostics wrote some stuff a few thousand years ago?

I'm getting the feeling you were injured in the past. Let's do some auditing! What really pissed you off in the past about Christianity? Don't worry, I'm pissed off, too.

Hatshepsut

Crusader
You might remember some liberal misquotes and some forged Dox re the Gospel of Thomas--"Jesus was a pedophile..."

::::cough:::::::Fishman::::::cough:::::

Your sect of Paulism of course has rejected the Gospel of Thomas as heretic long ago.

Other Texts from the Thomas Tradition

In early Christianity there existed traditions, often geographical localized, that honored a specific Christian apostolic figure as patron and initiatory source. The Pauline and Johannine traditions are commonly recognized examples of this early division in Christianity, and each left its own textual legacy. Though less well understood, there apparently also existed a Thomas tradition. Geographically, the name of Thomas was associate with the region of Syria, perhaps because Thomas or disciples claiming him as apostolic sponsor once located themselves in the area. Unfortunately, writings associated with the Thomas tradition – prominently including the Gospel of Thomas – fell out of favor during the formation of orthodoxy, and by the end of the fourth century most had been condemned and destroyed.

Three important documents from the Thomas tradition have nonetheless survived: The Gospel of Thomas, The Book of Thomas the Contender, and the Acts of Thomas. The latter two were recovered in the Nag Hammadi Library. Several copies of the third text, the Acts of Thomas, survived over the centuries in monastic collections.

Imbedded within the Acts of Thomas we find a beautiful and complete statement of a classic Gnostic myth describing the exile and redemption of the soul. The text is known as the "Hymn of the Pearl". What astounds most is that such a clear rendition of the Gnostic mythos was allowed to survive within a text which resided for centuries on the back shelves of orthodox archives.

Hymn of the Pearl (from the Acts of Thomas) This beautiful text, excerpted from the Acts, is highly recommended reading.

mosaics2.jpg

http://www.gnosis.org/library/hymnpearl.htm
scroll down a page and a half

:)

Last edited:

uniquemand

Unbeliever
I'm getting the feeling you were injured in the past. Let's do some auditing! What really pissed you off in the past about Christianity? Don't worry, I'm pissed off, too.

Yes, I was injured: people told me there was this guy who created the whole universe, spoke from burning bushes, killed tons of people, asked his followers to kill their children, etc., and it turned out they were LYING! Can you believe it?

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
<...snip>
Your a dupe.
Why take that tone and get insulting? :confused2:
I honestly answered a question from Smart One and then answered the questions that answer prompted from you. I'm answering with what I know about it, having done those Levels. Isn't that what a discussion is all about?

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Find out which story has the most press in history. Figure out why that is.

The OJ Simpson murder trial?

Oh, you mean most published? Like books?

Best Selling Books In History:

1. Tale of Two Cities (over 200 million)
2. Lord of the Rings (150 million)
3. The Hobbit (over 100 million)
4. Dreams of the Red Chamber (over 100 million)
5. On the Three Representations (100 million)
6. And then there were none (100 million)
7. The Lion the Witch & the Wardrobe (85 million)
8. She (83 million)
9. The Little Prince (80 million)
10. The Davinci Code (80 million)

Oh you mean most printed books? Sure the Koran, works of Mao Zedong, Hitler and the Bible are in that list, but since those copies were given away in vast numbers as loss-leaders, there is no way to calculate whether people actually even wanted, believed, understood or applied the "tech" in them.

Thought it was rather fascinating that DMSMH does not appear anywhere on the TOP 150 books, despite the delusional propaganda numbers by the CoS. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_books

I mean---hey COB, "WHO MOVED MY CHEESE?" even made the list with 26 million copies!

Dave, a little bit of helpful advice? What about publishing "WHO MOVED MY BRIDGE?"

Hatshepsut

Crusader
Yes, you'd think that but there's an inconvenient truth which occurs regarding OT3. There are obviously some desirable (from the pre-OT's viewpoint) results attainable. If OT3 gave zero results, possibly none would continue further.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending upon your viewpoint), many seem to "make gains" on the Level. Whether these improvements in life are real to others or not seems moot, they explain the willingness to continue with the Bridge.

I don't for a minute consider the Xenu story to be anything other than fiction and have written about it several times here on ESMB. Some choose to believe that there is absolutely nothing to be gained from doing OT3, the inconvenient truth is that *most* who have actually done it would disagree.

I was reading up on some IDENICS stuff posted on the internet. Five different people who processed it professionally were giving their insights. It seems that whether or not you make gains on a process is determined by what identity you are in when you are runnning the process. Some run it as an immortal and some run it as someone who actally participated or were actually a Loyal Officer. The identity the pc is wearing has a 'limits' on what fits in their valence and what doesn't. Not everyone gets gains off of the same things. John Galusha and Mike Goldstein went in to researching this. I'm still reading the wealth of stuff. The back story behind its development and how it works and why I had never seen before. :wink2:

Last edited:

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Because people want to believe in a big daddy in the sky who's going to make it all alright for his good soldiers.

Nope. It's because at some periods of time in the history of Europe, it was enforced upon the population by rulers.
And then it was spread out to other parts of the world by colonization.

It's also interesting to find out that the Synoptic Gospels were the latest "books" written for "The New Testament".
Guess why.

Veda

Sponsor
A quick compendium of disingenuous "explanations" for (Incident 2) of OT 3:

Incident 2 of OT 3:

"Does not exist; never heard of it; there is no such thing in Scientology; it's some one's misunderstanding, perhaps a misunderstood word." (This would never work on ESMB so is not used here.)

"It's a metaphor." This one has had some success in tricking those not familiar with Scientology, and has even been tried here on ESMB.

"It's fiction." This "angle" is even trickier than the above, since at first glance it appears to agree with those who say Incident 2 of OT 3 is nonsense. In fact, it merely avoids the topic of Hubbard's drug hallucination - given to "Advanced Course" students as exact time, place, form and event of a super-engram that can finally be "as-ised" by duplicating that time, place, form, and event - and jumps to the assertion that "people had some gains," etc.

Of course, if "Incident 2" is fiction, then it's a colossal "wrong indication" - amongst other things.

The nebulous "gains" (when these occur) of OT 3 are a lousy trade off. OT 3 is a mixture of just enough actual auditing with authoritative hypnotic suggestion and "wrong indications" (upon which ones survival depends, etc.), to constitute the necessary ingredients for the solvent&glue formula essential to any effective mind f__k.

The promise of OT 3 was that it would remove the final barrier to full OT, not that the person would have some "gains."

The "feel" and "philosophy" of OT 3, and later NOTs, can be summed up in perhaps the most frequently appearing words in their materials, including repair lists, "Blow him." Now there's a philosophy to live by when dealing with others.

The following link is one that appeared recently on another thread. IMO, it's worth clicking a reading:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=489832&postcount=36