What's new

What got you in? What made you stay?

namaste

Silver Meritorious Patron
Well, FWIW, I personally don't have a problem with what you are doing. I don't think you're really hurting anyone either.

Thanks for sharing the story alex.

alex

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well, FWIW, I personally don't have a problem with what you are doing. I don't think you're really hurting anyone either.

Thanks for sharing the story alex.

Thanks...

My favorite definition for namaste is: I recognize the god within YOU.
:)

alex

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
You occupy a very interesting position, Alex.

How many other people still "in" are aware of the Church's "harm that occurs from the misapplication and even outright evil"?

I must admit I can't understand how any new people can be joining. Surely anyone contemplating doing any Scn these days, must look it up on the Internet first!

But I wonder how many "innies" like you are aware of the Church's abuse.

Do you think there are enough to actually bring about some sort fo internal revolution/evolution? Do such people have any appetite to reform their Church?

Pascal

why

churchies don't care or have blind faith in the tech. too bad the tech is not a being. they see smoke coming out of the school and think it's a turkish bath. typical irresponsible bs.

gomorrhan

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think it was Div6 who introduced "exteriorisation" as an explanation for the feelings being discussed. Just for clarification, the experience I described and failed to describe as regards the HRD was not "exteriorisation" as described by any of the Scientology definitions.

Mystical enlightenment or Bliss would be a better description. Ron's "exteriorisation" idea was a mechanical universe phenomena as was most of his OT ideas and goals. It bears no resemblance to what happened to "me" on the HRD.

I tried fitting the experience into the exteriorisation pigeon-hole afterwards, to try to understand what had happened, while I was still a good little scientologist. But it didn't fit!

Reading other people's accounts of Bliss, Cosmic Consciousness, Enlightenment, Mystical Union, better describe my indescribable experience.

Poetry sometimes gets close, because in some mystical way, poetry expresses more than is in the poem's words.

"There was nothing left between the nameless and the name. Love itself was gone." Leonard Cohen.
On the Leonard Cohen tip:

"There is a crack, a crack in everything,
That's how the light get's in
" - I think that's from "The Future"

alex

Gold Meritorious Patron
You occupy a very interesting position, Alex.

How many other people still "in" are aware of the Church's "harm that occurs from the misapplication and even outright evil"?

I must admit I can't understand how any new people can be joining. Surely anyone contemplating doing any Scn these days, must look it up on the Internet first!

But I wonder how many "innies" like you are aware of the Church's abuse.

Do you think there are enough to actually bring about some sort fo internal revolution/evolution? Do such people have any appetite to reform their Church?

Well the outpoints certainly are the pink elephant in the room no one is talking about.

But some of scientology still exists. High ARC, altuistic individuals trying to do that they read. It takes a lot to kill the truth. The goals are noble.

People at lower levels dont believe the bad stuff they may hear about.

People whose awareness may have advanced due to their study and processing dont want to give up.

I am not privy to any potential revolt from the inside. A couple are brewing very seriously on the outside, both targeted at David Miscavaige. And both by people with close past connections to him, and the smarts and reasons to give it their all.

If you take away some ones game, the game become get you.

Yes there is an appetite for a change, but some parts of the mindfuck are so firmly in place that the viability of a solution can not be seen. Solutions are easy to see from an exterior viewpoint.

It will happen soon.

alex

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
On the Leonard Cohen tip:

"There is a crack, a crack in everything,
That's how the light get's in
" - I think that's from "The Future"

Yes, one of the most mystical and beautiful things he ever wrote and he wrote some great ones!

Anthem
Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in

You can add up the parts
But you won't have the sum
You can strike up the march
There is no drum
Every heart, every heart
To love will come
But like a refugee

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well the outpoints certainly are the pink elephant in the room no one is talking about.

But some of scientology still exists. High ARC, altuistic individuals trying to do that they read. It takes a lot to kill the truth. The goals are noble.

People at lower levels dont believe the bad stuff they may hear about.

People whose awareness may have advanced due to their study and processing dont want to give up.

I am not privy to any potential revolt from the inside. A couple are brewing very seriously on the outside, both targeted at David Miscavaige. And both by people with close past connections to him, and the smarts and reasons to give it their all.

If you take away some ones game, the game become get you.

Yes there is an appetite for a change, but some parts of the mindfuck are so firmly in place that the viability of a solution can not be seen. Solutions are easy to see from an exterior viewpoint.

It will happen soon.

alex

Thanks for the insight.

namaste

Yes, and that is why I don't think that your position is a bad one, alex.

When it does happen I think that you will be in a good position to provide a certain amount of moral support and guidance, if necessary, to some in there who may need it. It will be less of a shock to you than it will be to some others.

alex said:
My favorite definition for namaste is: I recognize the god within YOU.

That's it exactly. :)

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
Naive little me walked in off the street to ask what the word "Scientology" meant. I bought Book 1 and read it cover to cover. Then I did the Comm Course, got hooked on TRs. After an argument with my Grandparents, I found myself stuck and thought those people were there to help me. I ended up joining staff.

I did my first book 1 session without any quals, and then went straight onto EOD 8.

My previous indoctrination meant I am overly loyal to people, so no matter how bad it got I just couldn't leave.

The final straw was a week with no pay and a way-overdue phone bill; and I still felt like the guilty one. How bad would it look for Scn if I got taken to court for a lousy phone bill?

namaste

I had similar feelings.

Reading Dianetics seems to be a very common factor for people getting involved.
I wonder what the actual percentage of that is.

I remember LRH said that there are only two words to tell people when they ask about Scientology -- "Read Dianetics."

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
My dad has always been the spiritual truth seeker in our family. I first became aware of Scientology when I was just into my teens, and Dad would come home from a long day's work and then turn around and drive 25 miles into the city every night to 'study' something. Mum wasn't impressed as we were a large family of 6 kids, and it must have been terribly hard for her.

My brother was the first one of us to go with Dad to find out about Scn. I followed shortly after and my lasting memory is of attending a seminar. As I walked into that room full of smiling and vibrant people, my world expanded out of sight and I felt I had come home. I was treated as an adult and it was terrific.

I started off with the PE course, and my goodness did that feel grown up! 14 is such a vulnerable age and I had never really fitted in with my peers at school. I had drawn pictures of spaceships and so on from a young age, and it felt like this new information I was studying was all old information I had forgotten and discovered anew. I felt accepted.

It took a while for Mum to come around and I remember her getting extremely angry with my brother and I for acknowledging her in this new way. She couldn't stand her children saying "OK!" to her and overall she was pretty anti Scn for a while, having spent most of her life as a staunch Christian. We had been raised as Methodists and went to church every Sunday, so it was a massive change for Mum.

However, she did come around. I can't remember the sequence of all that happened, but some time in the next year it was decided that the whole family would be going to Flag. RJ67 had just come out and there was a planet to save! I had left school by that time - what did a wog school have to offer me after all? - and was doing my first Dianetics Course and helping out in Sydney org. We all ended up at Saint Hill instead, and that is another story covered elsewhere.

Once a whole family is involved, and you are transported to a different country at a young age to become part of the isolating Scn world, it is hard to leave. And that was my struggle for the next 30 years. :duh: