What's new

DEATH. What's your personal notion?

Vinaire

Sponsor
Isn't that an abdication of responsibility?

I see the wisdom in "living in the moment" but one needs to plan and work for a future - or does one?

If one is totally in present time and minding one's karma, the future will take care of itself.

Tanstaafl

Crusader
If one is totally in present time and minding one's karma, the future will take care of itself.

I respect that viewpoint Vinay but it's a little fatalistic (or appears so) for me.

Like it or not, on this planet, at this time, one needs to plan to achieve goals.
If one's goal is to be without goals, then fair enough.

I have serious concerns about the long-term viability of this planet - from a purely selfish viewpoint and from one of preserving the great beauty that resides in nature. I think this is an example of something we need to plan to address.

In essence there are two viewpoints on spiritual development:

1. Back to static / No more games.
2. Be more able / play better games.

I like to keep my options open.

If you play game #1 then you have to play it all the way.

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron

Karma is a load of bollocks. All it is is the guy withdrawing from an area he won't confront or take responsibility for and so he sets it up as an area to be the effect of and so then (since all of your postulates always work 100% of the time) he goes the effect of it.

Ooooohhh my poor bad karma.......I'll have to suffer as an untouchable for 22 lifetimes, oooohhhhh.

Besides, you simply cannot possibly both "be in present time" and "mind your karma" at the same time.

Show me how that's done! 'Tis an oxymoron.

Vinaire

Sponsor
I have often wondered about what happens to a rational person after death.

He is back to square one in more than one ways. He has to start organizing his postulates all over again.

MEST universe is an already mega-organized bundle of postulates. If he agrees to it as the basis of his organization, then he is way ahead in his game. The only downside is that he doesn't know what he is really agreeing to. To that degree he is at effect from the start.

So, after dying, a rational person has to choose between, starting from scratch and being at cause; or starting from the MEST universe and being at effect.

Vinaire

Sponsor
Karma is a load of bollocks. All it is is the guy withdrawing from an area he won't confront or take responsibility for and so he sets it up as an area to be the effect of and so then (since all of your postulates always work 100% of the time) he goes the effect of it.

Ooooohhh my poor bad karma.......I'll have to suffer as an untouchable for 22 lifetimes, oooohhhhh.

Besides, you simply cannot possibly both "be in present time" and "mind your karma" at the same time.

Show me how that's done! 'Tis an oxymoron.

My definition of karma is different from yours.

The residual karma is simply incomplete cycles of action. Present time karma won't leave any residual karma if you complete your cycles of action.

Unforeseen future is nothing but non-confronted residual karma.

gomorrhan

Gold Meritorious Patron

He is back to square one in more than one ways. He has to start organizing his postulates all over again.

MEST universe is an already mega-organized bundle of postulates. If he agrees to it as the basis of his organization, then he is way ahead in his game. The only downside is that he doesn't know what he is really agreeing to. To that degree he is at effect from the start.

So, after dying, a rational person has to choose between, starting from scratch and being at cause; or starting from the MEST universe and being at effect.

Unless he does actually know all the postulates that underlay the physical universe, in which case, he'd be at cause over both. This would be ideal, and to me represents victory in the "Theta-MEST War". This is why I consider it very important to get a complete inventory of how the neurological system works as a substrate, as well as isolating how the physical universe functions (physics). If these things are known, someone who was planning their course could completely determine it, except for the other beings present. Like being an expert at anything, one ceases being the effect of the mechanics of the game, and starts being an architect of how to use those mechanics to win a game. (Belichick/Patriots, for example)

The Oracle

Gold Meritorious Patron

I forget what process I was running, but I went into the future.

There was nothing there.

What a drop in have.

Nothing exists in the future.

It's an empty slate.

T.I.

The Oracle

Gold Meritorious Patron

I consider myself rational. I can tell you what happened after my last death.
My last death was a bit engramic, and I was out of it but not out of it at the same time.

It didn't occurr to me until I was on audited nots.

I audited what was there by negative force and then fell into a positive force of influence.

Yes, there are beings that travel with me and even carry me at times that are here by positive influence or pledge or duty or whatever.

They carried me until I could carry myself again.

I know in the subject of Scientology it is taught that "BT'S" are a negative issue that needs to be audited out.

That was really true for me all the way through OT3 onto audited nots.

Then, I fell into a positive influence.

You can call them "BT's" or whatever you want. Though most of them were outside of my body.

They were not anything negative.

They were my bullets.

And what happens to a rational person who has built up allegiences is that the positive magic steps in to handle things while you pull yourself back together.

Just my take.

T.I.

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
My last death was a bit engramic, and I was out of it but not out of it at the same time.

And what happens to a rational person who has built up allegiences is that the positive magic steps in to handle things while you pull yourself back together.

Just my take.

T.I.

As far as auditing was concerned, I was stuck on objectives (I believe it was over-run), so I don't have the certainty that you do.

I reasonably believe that I was my own grandfather, and that my grandmother and I have "travelled" together for some time.

gomorrhan

Gold Meritorious Patron

It didn't occurr to me until I was on audited nots.

I audited what was there by negative force and then fell into a positive force of influence.

Yes, there are beings that travel with me and even carry me at times that are here by positive influence or pledge or duty or whatever.

They carried me until I could carry myself again.

I know in the subject of Scientology it is taught that "BT'S" are a negative issue that needs to be audited out.

That was really true for me all the way through OT3 onto audited nots.

Then, I fell into a positive influence.

You can call them "BT's" or whatever you want. Though most of them were outside of my body.

They were not anything negative.

They were my bullets.

Just my take.

T.I.
Alan, I believe, refers to them as "spiritual team mates". To me, it makes sense that if such things exist, the law of affinity would mean you'd attract those that were close to your tone level, and those that weren't would be repelled. It makes sense to me that as your tone rose, therefor, you'd attract "team mates" rather than "opposition", or whatever. Of course, for me, it's entirely speculative, as I've never met a BT, or a "spiritual team-mate". I have, however, met a whole heck of a lot of very cool people.

Vinaire

Sponsor
As far as auditing was concerned, I was stuck on objectives (I believe it was over-run), so I don't have the certainty that you do.

I reasonably believe that I was my own grandfather, and that my grandmother and I have "travelled" together for some time.

Can objectives be overrun?

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
Can objectives be overrun?

My attempt at objectives was fairly short. At one point I was suddenly uptone and giggly, feeling "stupid/foolish" like I was playing a kids' game, and from there I just went further and further downtone until I was just following orders like a robot.

Most of my auditing procedures were shorter than average. I completed a total confessional in about six hours, a PTS S&D in one hour, but sit me down to write up O/Ws I just couldn't do it. I could write up obvious stuff, but some of the things found in the confessional would never have made it into an O/W write up.

Headend

Patron with Honors
I am curious what the others on this board think about death and their take on it.

One of the things that always takes me by surprise is how people take news of a death.

T.I.
We are all born with a terminal disease it's called mortality.

The mind wants to label birth & growth as good and decay & death as bad. Why label them anything, they are simply part of life. They are as inevitable as sunrise & sunset. Most of us would agree that to resist the sunrise & sunset would be futile & silly, mostly we just accept their inevitability. As Shakespeare said 'nothing is good or bad but thinking makes it so".

Pete

The Oracle

Gold Meritorious Patron

I addresses a lot of that NOTs.

Relatives travelling with me, warriors still traveling with me, guides of various sorts, tribes of various sorts.

T.I.

The Oracle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Maintain friendly relations...

Deepak Chopra quotes this in his book How To Know God, it is anonymous:

"This is a recreational universe. Your ability to play in it depends on
how much you can appreciate."

T.I.