What's new

Two new poor saps join the SO

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron
David Matthews and Emma Kellingray

Just putting their names here so if they google and see their names they will know we cared from the very beginning. I hope you're out much sooner than you ever though David and Emma!

And maybe if someone who knows them sees this they can pass on the concern and encourage them to LOOK!

AlphOhm

Traveler of time/space
SO.gif

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified
Don't they just make working your lifeblood away sound sooo appealing? :eyeroll: :no:

Get out as fast as possible before you waste all your life devoted to scammery.

Don't let them kidnap you when you blow, make it totally publicly obvious you want to escape. The more public that see you struggling to escape from the guards the better chance you have.

Make lots of noise and commotion. Draw eyes and attention.

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
He was shoopin' da' woop. Take a look at the face in that uniform. Look like a familiar actor that played a Nazi in a film not too long ago? :p

Well technically, he wasn’t playing a Nazi. Claus von Stauffenberg was never a member of the Nazi party, the uniform you see is a German officer’s.

Axiom142

Well technically, he wasn’t playing a Nazi. Claus von Stauffenberg was never a member of the Nazi party, the uniform you see is a German officer’s.

Axiom142

Facts are not of interest to those whose primary intent is merely in heaping calumny upon those whom they have chosen to dislike. :eyeroll:

Mark A. Baker

omnom

Patron with Honors
Whoops - mea culpa. I never saw the film, and am only somewhat aware of the actual history, not of the details (obviously.) Thanks for the correction.

Facts are not of interest to those whose primary intent is merely in heaping calumny upon those whom they have chosen to dislike. :eyeroll:
Nor is understanding of intent prior to comment, evidently.

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
Gives me the sads seeing two beautiful young people entering the gates of hell.

David Matthews and Emma Kellingray you are worth so much more to your family and friends and society than working yourself to death for the COS.

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
Don't they just make working your lifeblood away sound sooo appealing? :eyeroll: :no:

That is so creepy, WO. How far gone are the ad people who put that together to think that other people are going to want to be like that?

Having been in the Sea Org, I know what all that double-speak really means!

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
"I noticed that since being on the EPF my levels of confront shot up. No one day is the same; I do so much in a day that a couple of days feel like a week."

Well, given the amount of work dumped on staff and SO members, he probably has done a week's work in those two days without any sleep...

uniquemand

Unbeliever
It was a well-made movie, I thought, and I liked Tom in it. The connection between the Sea Org and the Nazi Party might at first seem like a complete stretch. The first time I saw it, on alt.religion.scientology, I thought it was ridiculous, and objected vehemently. However, the more I thought about it, and the more I talked to people about their experiences (free after having left), the more I saw it as a similar phenomenon. The main difference is that the Nazis saw a lot more success, and therefore were in a much better position to enact their power-mad fantasies, and inflict their "ideal scene" upon the six million Jewish dead, close to twenty-five million Russian dead, and God knows how many others.

Man is easily whipped up into a frenzy to destroy and dehumanize other men. All you have to do is put them in a uniform and give them a mind-set that they are "putting ethics in" or "cleansing the gene pool" or some other such nonsense.

My son was in for a few days (Sea Org, not Nazis), and luckily wasn't completely indoctrinated. When I look back on it, it was only my prior use of LSD that saved me from entry into the SO, I was certainly indoctrinated enough to think it was the best place for me, and that I would be conforming to my ideals to join the SO. Lord help those I encountered after that had I been allowed in and to think that I had the moral high ground.

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron
"I noticed that since being on the EPF my levels of confront shot up. No one day is the same; I do so much in a day that a couple of days feel like a week."

Well, given the amount of work dumped on staff and SO members, he probably has done a week's work in those two days without any sleep...

So true!

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Getting a lot of work done is a good feeling. Building up that habit is difficult, it's tough to fight the inertia of sitting on the couch, once it starts, for me. It's not the long days that I object to, I think those are healthy. What I object to is the indoctrination, the lack of remuneration, and the building up of an "enemy image" concerning "psychs" and "degraded beings".

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron
Getting a lot of work done is a good feeling. Building up that habit is difficult, it's tough to fight the inertia of sitting on the couch, once it starts, for me. It's not the long days that I object to, I think those are healthy. What I object to is the indoctrination, the lack of remuneration, and the building up of an "enemy image" concerning "psychs" and "degraded beings".

Getting a lot of work done IS a good feeling, within limits . The SO has no limits in cases of emergencies and Hill 10's. 18, 24 and 36 hour 'days' are unhealthy and demoralizing. I have personally experienced them. I easily dealt with the 8am-10pm (14 hour) day while in the SO (and at 20 years old).

I don't think I could do a 14 hour day, day after day, now. That would be unhealthy.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Yes, the length of work should be established by the individual, and without guilt. When I was first on post, I worked to get familiarity with my job, and then to raise my stats, while getting my "product". When my stats were going up, it was natural, but I never got to the point where they had reached a natural limit, because I kept getting promoted. The problems seem to arise (for the individual) when they hit a natural limit, where they are very productive, but there is still a pressure on them to increase their stats, and they are not promoted. Then they are forced to put in longer days (until they reach that limit, only 24 hrs in a day, and a body needs some sleep, and a mind needs some diversion), to do things frenetically (with less than optimum attention to processes and people), and to invent devices to improve production, which usually means criminality, false reporting, or other manipulations.